Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/18/2020 6:16:35 PM EDT
I'm likely going to be there April 18th-ish for 2-3 days and would like to go fishing.   So what should I go after? I want to catch a lot of fish, rather then a few huge ones.  I don't care either way on bringing home meat or throwing all back.    Any recommendations on a good guide.   I once had a guide with no real social skill, but he could keep us into fish, that was awesome then.   I have also had a guide that was very entertaining but not very good at finding fish.  For this one want some social skill because my wife isn't much of a fishing enthusiast, but definitely want to be on fish.  Coming from Omaha NE area btw
Link Posted: 2/27/2020 1:32:56 PM EDT
[#1]
anyone?
Link Posted: 2/28/2020 6:25:51 AM EDT
[#2]
when you say "Tampa area," do you mean the entire Tampa Bay area, or just the Tampa side of the bay?
Link Posted: 2/28/2020 11:13:35 AM EDT
[#3]
I have never been there, and don't know how big the area is.  But not afraid to drive a ways.   I'll be staying in palm harbor.
Link Posted: 2/28/2020 11:32:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/28/2020 9:41:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have never been there, and don't know how big the area is.  But not afraid to drive a ways.   I'll be staying in palm harbor.
View Quote
then you're up in the north end of Pinellas County, the Gulf side of Pinellas Bay.
Link Posted: 3/7/2020 2:41:06 PM EDT
[#6]
OP, I try to vacation with my family in the Tampa area (clearwater-st.Pete ) yearly . We always fish w/o a guide and just rent some nice kayaks for 3-5 days .  I always contact Wyatt @ Florida Kayak Outfitters . This guy has delivered the kayaks right to the hotel,condo or house that we've rented. We mainly fish the inter-coastal waterways for anything that will bite (red fish,snook,snapper) . Hit a tackle shop and get some shrimp , also dont be afraid to try a 3" swim bait on a 1/4-1/2oz jig head . Med action 7' rod 8-10lb flouro . Fish near structure (bridges,docks,mangroves) .

Good luck!
Link Posted: 3/7/2020 8:07:12 PM EDT
[#7]
If you're staying in Palm Harbor, you could just catch a party boat out of the sponge docks at Tarpon Springs.  Then it doesn't matter if you get a guide that's ADHD.  There is a good one that runs out of Port Ritchey called the Miss Virginia.  It's an older head boat and cramped but you will land many fish.
Link Posted: 3/8/2020 12:27:41 PM EDT
[#8]
I don’t know if you’re looking for flats or offshore fishing but CA Richardson is a terrific inshore flats guide and a super nice guy. He’s pretty busy with his TV shows but I guarantee he will put you on fish. That should be a great time for a gator Trout. Here’s his contact info:

https://captcarichardson.com
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top