Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/3/2021 5:44:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Anyone interested in doing more hikes or range days this year? Promise to not almost get a Mini stuck in the desert this time.

If anyone is wanting to go to Montana in late May and needs to meet requirements let me know and I'll drag my wife along so we can get you qualified. I go back to days next week so I'll be available in the evenings again.
Link Posted: 1/3/2021 10:31:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Where do all the BB/APC idaho members reside?

I'm trying to make the move there in the somewhat near future (1-2 years max [i know, i know idaho's full!]), and curious if anyone would be my way (looking at idaho falls area), or if everyone would be far away (totally my luck).
Link Posted: 1/3/2021 11:39:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 1:57:20 AM EDT
[#4]
This group is mostly SW ID, but there has been an attempt to organize up north as well.
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 2:42:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I have extensive family in SE Idaho, mostly in or within 45 minutes of Idaho falls.

There are far worse places you could be.
View Quote

It looks like beautiful country and with a lower population and cooler weather, it sounds amazing!

Oh i know im already there since im in arizona!

Quoted:
This group is mostly SW ID, but there has been an attempt to organize up north as well.
View Quote

So nothing in SE, figures...
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 5:23:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Where do all the BB/APC idaho members reside?

I'm trying to make the move there in the somewhat near future (1-2 years max [i know, i know idaho's full!]), and curious if anyone would be my way (looking at idaho falls area), or if everyone would be far away (totally my luck).
View Quote

CDA area is a ghost town (except for the WA, OR, and CA transplants).
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 5:29:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Yeah most of us in Boise metro. But it all started for us when extra posted up trying to get a group together. I've had life stuff but that seems to have cleared up and I can get back out.
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 9:25:04 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm ready to get back into rucking
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 4:02:58 AM EDT
[#9]
Same

Sorry its been so long guys

been busy with work.

I Am Ready
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 11:50:24 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

There's like 3 of us in SE portion. Hoping to get out if here and back up North closer to family.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 1:07:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

There's like 3 of us in SE portion. Hoping to get out if here and back up North closer to family.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

CDA area is a ghost town (except for the WA, OR, and CA transplants).

I'm going to send you both PM's due to being in the other areas of the state and have stated interest.
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 12:45:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Fundraising is now active. If you know anyone looking for a tax deductible leadership and skills program to support I think I know just the one. Don't forget APC is also available to be selected on Amazon Smile.

APC Fundraising thread

In other news, I am looking to get rolling on some hikes again. I am thinking of starting back on flat ground with little to no elevation change, which will likely mean the greenbelt again. However, due to experiencing the rolling hills that were on location in MT, I would also like to get more elevation changes incorporated. I highly recommend anyone wanting to go in May, get some longer hikes in, and include hills.

I will be at the usual location Sunday this coming weekend at 10am. I know its short notice, but hopefully others will want to join. Rain or shine I will be there, and it looks to be a little cold so dress appropriately with layers. As usual, I will be happy to field any radio questions and can bring a laptop and baofeng cable if requested.

If you are unsure of the location, please PM me, contact me on the ID Telegram, or text me as most of you should have my number.
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 12:53:35 AM EDT
[#13]
I would be there with you extra but I'm up north setting up next week's cola warrior run and then next weekend back to do the event. Pretty sure after next weekend I'm free until April. April I won't have much time as I'll be at cola warrior west and then Maui for 2 weeks after cola warrior.
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 1:49:33 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Fundraising is now active. If you know anyone looking for a tax deductible leadership and skills program to support I think I know just the one. Don't forget APC is also available to be selected on Amazon Smile.

APC Fundraising thread

In other news, I am looking to get rolling on some hikes again. I am thinking of starting back on flat ground with little to no elevation change, which will likely mean the greenbelt again. However, due to experiencing the rolling hills that were on location in MT, I would also like to get more elevation changes incorporated. I highly recommend anyone wanting to go in May, get some longer hikes in, and include hills.

I will be at the usual location Sunday this coming weekend at 10am. I know its short notice, but hopefully others will want to join. Rain or shine I will be there, and it looks to be a little cold so dress appropriately with layers. As usual, I will be happy to field any radio questions and can bring a laptop and baofeng cable if requested.

If you are unsure of the location, please PM me, contact me on the ID Telegram, or text me as most of you should have my number.
View Quote

I'm glad to see this starting to come back! But... you picked the first sunday in months I am unable. Pretty much any weekend after this I'm good to go on Sundays. I have a place for rolling hills. Maybe get 2 or 3 easy walks in then move into the foothills? I know easy to hard routes within ~20-45 minutes of Boise.
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 8:04:52 AM EDT
[#15]
Cali, I totally understand. Got staff stuff to do up there.

Bushamster, sounds good and let me know. The 21st I won't be able to do unless it's later in the day but next Sunday works for me if you want to start planning.

So far it looks like we have 1 other person that will be there. I totally spaced it being Superbowl Sunday I planned for, mostly because I don't watch any sports unless it's on at a restaurant.
Link Posted: 3/6/2021 9:32:11 AM EDT
[#16]
Bump to stay out of the archives. Out of curiousity is there anyone else planning on going to Montana in May?
Link Posted: 3/7/2021 12:51:02 AM EDT
[#17]
Anyone down for next weekend?  Can do an easy river walk to start if you guys haven't maintained your cardio.

I have and would be willing to do the foothills or whatever.

What's your free time look like extra?
Link Posted: 3/7/2021 10:52:04 AM EDT
[#18]
Next weekend is drill unfortunately, but after 430PM I on either day I can make it work.
Link Posted: 3/7/2021 12:55:23 PM EDT
[#19]
How about the following weekend?
Link Posted: 3/7/2021 1:02:57 PM EDT
[#20]
Following sunday I'm available all day, saturday would be after 6. I'm back on days (6am-6pm) until middle of may so I can't make an early saturday/sunday meet until then.
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 12:04:14 AM EDT
[#21]
Time to start night hiking with nods.

My april is just about filled out. Cola warrior west on starting on 8th.  As soon as I get back from that I'll be in maui for 2 weeks as long as our quick covid test comes back clean.

Leaving me a weekend to play with.
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 9:25:15 AM EDT
[#22]
I'm not opposed to going with NODs.
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 3:26:30 PM EDT
[#23]
I had hoped to be in a better position but I've been getting shin splints right around mile 2 that have been taking me out. Been going about 3-4 times a week in the neighborhood but I've gotta get the shin splints sorted out to go further. I've added some other exercises to speed this along. Hoping I get past this in ~2 weeks.
Link Posted: 3/9/2021 11:17:45 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 3/10/2021 6:54:54 PM EDT
[#25]
Anyone that is interested in getting their ham radio license, there is an in person test session March 27th, in Emmett. If you want to do one at home online with a different group via webcam, let me know and I can get you pointed in the direction.

I am not affiliated with this club, but its available. Signup is open at the link address below or searching the Southwest Idaho Amateur Radio Club online. Usually testing is like $15 cash or so, but I'm not positive.

If you are interested, but don't want to use your home address, set up a PO Box prior to the exam. Otherwise name and address are searchable by anyone. If you don't have a radio, I can set you up with a baofeng to try out for a while. I would like to get more local APC members that have comms in the area, and then we can work on HF if anyone is interested.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/10/2021 10:03:20 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Anyone that is interested in getting their ham radio license, there is an in person test session March 27th, in Emmett. If you want to do one at home online with a different group via webcam, let me know and I can get you pointed in the direction.

I am not affiliated with this club, but its available. Signup is open at the link address below or searching the Southwest Idaho Amateur Radio Club online. Usually testing is like $15 cash or so, but I'm not positive.

If you are interested, but don't want to use your home address, set up a PO Box prior to the exam. Otherwise name and address are searchable by anyone. If you don't have a radio, I can set you up with a baofeng to try out for a while. I would like to get more local APC members that have comms in the area, and then we can work on HF if anyone is interested.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/369762/Screenshot_20210310-154521_2_png-1860199.JPG
View Quote

Neat. Price in the event info says it's free FYI.
Link Posted: 3/11/2021 12:11:17 AM EDT
[#27]
I was pretty sure they had it listed for that, but couldn't remember if they were doing it as ARRL affiliated VECs or not. Some clubs charge money per test, while others will do it free. It just depends on who is offering the exams.
Link Posted: 4/25/2021 6:27:20 PM EDT
[#28]
Alright, its coming that time of the year again where I go to nights and it becomes easier to do things on Saturday mornings. Starting second week in May, I will be available to meet up again on Saturday mornings so lets get out there and hike again. Weather is starting to warm up, and hopefully it dries out soon so we can hit the hills instead of the greenbelt. At some point I would like to do either a hike and then shoot/grill like we had done before, or even just a range day/grill since that seemed like a good time for everyone.
Link Posted: 4/26/2021 3:11:07 AM EDT
[#29]
I'll be back in Idaho tomorrow and will be ready for anything
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 9:18:24 PM EDT
[#30]
Alright you damn sissy's its time to start burning off your winter fat store. Me and Extra will be hitting a trail this Sunday, trail and time still TBD but we are going even if it's only the 2 of us. Stop making excuses, stop being lazy , fat and any other excuse you want to use, not buying it.

Probable start time of 8 , probably doing the riverwalk or my preference would be the foothills that tried to kill extra last year.
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 10:01:32 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 10:02:23 PM EDT
[#32]
Come on down for some fun in the sun. Let's get back at it and meet up again.
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 10:05:54 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Who is coming with Extrabonez to Warfighter? Who will be his buddy?
View Quote

Wish it was me but I have to have foot surgery on the 27th.  Defiantly shooting for next year though
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 8:34:50 PM EDT
[#34]
What location are we thinking?
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 11:24:18 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
What location are we thinking?
View Quote

The Riverwalk that we used at the end of last year, think it's off Glenwood? The one with the 12 car parking lot
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 12:40:37 PM EDT
[#36]
Attachment Attached File

Thanks CaliContractor for coming out this morning. It was just the 2 of us but we had a relaxing hike. Relatively decent pace while still able to maintain a conversation.

Pretty nice time of the day to do it as well. Temperature stayed fairly cool even as the sun was coming up.

I hope we can get some more people out to these, along with making one into a range trip again.
Link Posted: 5/17/2021 8:10:39 PM EDT
[#37]
Cali and I are thinking of running a hike before I head off to MT, and I plan on using it as a final gear shakedown. Current idea is 10-12 mile, Sunday afternoon or evening, which should be a relatively cool day. I need to confirm with him, but I was thinking the path we have been using off Glenwood due to it being relatively flat with a good mix of pavement/dirt. If you want to join please let us know on here, send me an IM, or contact me via the Telegram chat.

Hope to see some of you guys out there again. Bring comfy shoes, its gonna be a long one!
Link Posted: 5/18/2021 12:19:03 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

Well, I suppose I'll do it  
We're gonna get in some more prep later this week.
Link Posted: 5/18/2021 12:27:53 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

holy shit, this caught your attention enough to waste one of your, once every other year post. Very Impressive
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 10:03:50 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

holy shit, this caught your attention enough to waste one of your, once every other year post. Very Impressive
View Quote

Tis better to remain silent and be thought an idiot, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt plus my momma told me not to talk to peoples on the interwebz, it's the Debow ??

Page / 6
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top