User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/12/2021 9:13:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
On WDRB last night one of the family members hinted like they may do another shoot at some time.  I hope it wasn't the last one.
View Quote

I commented in the GD thread, but I talked to Kenny about an hour before the night shoot on Saturday and I got the impression he's not ready to let it end. I imagine there's a lot of emotional attachment and seeing that turnout and support may have him reconsider.
Link Posted: 10/12/2021 10:57:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Right behind you. Or in front… this sucks.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Still on Hwy 44 mile out and not moving.   Hope they don’t sell out. :).

Right behind you. Or in front… this sucks.

I was right there with you guys at the same time.

I didnt anticipate how bad the traffic would be or I would have just went and slept in my truck on the highway the night before.

I managed to get in and get parked in the lower lot around 9:45ish.

I knew it would be bad when I saw a white chrysler 300 stuck in the mud on my way in. On the way out there was a blue car stuck in the mud in front of me, for sure glad I took a 4wd truck.

Vendor's wouldnt budge on pricing friday, AT ALL. But I still managed to find a few good deals and some things I had been looking for.
Link Posted: 10/12/2021 6:13:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I commented in the GD thread, but I talked to Kenny about an hour before the night shoot on Saturday and I got the impression he's not ready to let it end. I imagine there's a lot of emotional attachment and seeing that turnout and support may have him reconsider.
View Quote

Maybe it can go to a once a year shoot...
Link Posted: 10/12/2021 10:41:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I commented in the GD thread, but I talked to Kenny about an hour before the night shoot on Saturday and I got the impression he's not ready to let it end. I imagine there's a lot of emotional attachment and seeing that turnout and support   cash  may have him reconsider.
View Quote

Always had fun there but I won't return if they do it being this show was a complete cluster.

Link Posted: 10/12/2021 10:51:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Maybe it can go to a once a year shoot...
View Quote

They went from a three day to a two day.  It was shrinking year after year due to surplus drying up, the internet, and politics.

Why go to buy over priced AR junk that you can buy online cheaper and have it delivered?

I know it's a giant headache to put on and it's been fun but I don't see it going back to the environment it once was.

Link Posted: 10/12/2021 11:44:48 PM EDT
[#6]
We made it down Thursday afternoon with the camper and bought our wrist bands super early on Friday  for both days so we had no waiting on the show days. There was a price to be paid for that!!  The campground was a total shit show. Take a 5 gallon bucket full of Hot Wheels and dump it out all at once from a 6 foot ladder into the mud and that was the campground.  Absolutely crazy and as much fun as I have had in a long time.  We got stuck twice with the camper just getting into the campground and got pulled out twice by Kenny himself!!!  Finally got setup in a valley in the back field in standing water. Later that night a guy with a Ford Excursion pulling a huge bumper pull RV got so stuck that two tractors could not pull him out. They helped him un-hitch and he set up in the mud road where his camper was still stuck.  I have camped here before and have never seen it that packed  or that muddy.  My son and I had a blast and bought a lot of cool stuff.   Sunday’s pack up and departure went better than expected. Most got out with out the help of a tractor including us.  Really going to miss the shoots!
Link Posted: 10/13/2021 1:38:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
We made it down Thursday afternoon with the camper and bought our wrist bands super early on Friday  for both days so we had no waiting on the show days. There was a price to be paid for that!!  The campground was a total shit show. Take a 5 gallon bucket full of Hot Wheels and dump it out all at once from a 6 foot ladder into the mud and that was the campground.  Absolutely crazy and as much fun as I have had in a long time.  We got stuck twice with the camper just getting into the campground and got pulled out twice by Kenny himself!!!  Finally got setup in a valley in the back field in standing water. Later that night a guy with a Ford Excursion pulling a huge bumper pull RV got so stuck that two tractors could not pull him out. They helped him un-hitch and he set up in the mud road where his camper was still stuck.  I have camped here before and have never seen it that packed  or that muddy.  My son and I had a blast and bought a lot of cool stuff.   Sunday’s pack up and departure went better than expected. Most got out with out the help of a tractor including us.  Really going to miss the shoots!
View Quote

The guy in the Excursion got stuck right in front of us.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/14/2021 8:21:25 AM EDT
[#8]
You would think after all these years the roads in / out of parking would have some gravel on them by now.
Link Posted: 10/15/2021 1:47:22 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm willing to bet that this was not the last shoot.
I talked to Kenny on Friday as well. He thanked me for my support for the 36 years that I have attended.
I just have a feeling after talking to him, there will be something in the future.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top