Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/11/2024 2:07:03 AM EDT
Seeing them like crazy in the rural south sound. Anyone else?

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 3:03:18 AM EDT
[#1]
They don’t look like this to the naked eye, but iPhone 14 ProMax takes nice pictures.

Link Posted: 5/11/2024 3:06:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Wild

This is the first time I've ever seen them.. I went outside to see if I could catch a glimpse of a little color, looked up and the entire sky was lit, pulsing and flashing
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 3:08:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Scollins] [#3]
I wish it was darker here (less light pollution), but alas suburbia…..

Never seen them in person before either.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 3:16:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Really amazing.  Never seen them either.  Weird seeing them at my house.   Too much light pollution but still great
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 3:22:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Absolutely incredible on the northern tip of Camano.  Very little light pollution.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 2:49:48 PM EDT
[#6]
I passed out and slept through my alarm but I did go out at 10 and could faintly see some colors. Pretty underwhelming tho
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 3:49:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mancat] [#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By MMcCall:
Absolutely incredible on the northern tip of Camano.  Very little light pollution.
View Quote

I bet. Family member took this one around Port Orchard/Manchester

I went out around 2am and the entire sky was flashing and pulsing in waves. Like I ate shrooms or something

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 7:52:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Great photos! Didn’t see them in Seattle, and I was too tired to drive outside of town. Saw them while in Seattle, probably 10-15 years ago. I’ve also seen them in Northern WI, MN, and Ontario, during my youth.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top