Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/28/2021 7:57:46 PM EDT
wife and I have been looking to get out of overcrowded southern wisconsin. We took trips to Montana, Wyoming, and SD (I used to live in Oregon) and always liked the west.
Lack of jobs and really high land/home prices have made us reconsider.

Looking for some mountains/hills and to live a bit out of town. I don't mind my commute I just hate driving through the super crowded burbs of Wisconsin (milwaukee is merging with Chicago.)

Currently we have 40 acres and I have an hour commute. I have to drive through Milwaukee to get to work and that is the single thing I hate the most in my day. I normally work 10hr days and would just stay longer as I hate my drive so much

Wife works in IT so she can work anyplace. I was a quality engineer in manufacturing and now a quality manager.

Not sure what is out there for jobs and If I need to make as much as I do here. I'm in my mid 40's (wife in mid 30's) and we love the outdoors. We have no real parks in Wisconsin that you can get away. All are super crowded all the time. One thing I miss from out west as you could get away.
thanks much

Link Posted: 3/1/2021 12:32:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Read these two threads and then ask questions.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/Hometown/Might-be-moving-to-Northern-Arkansas/45-652087/

https://www.ar15.com/forums/Hometown/Tell-Me-About-AR-Looking-to-Eject-from-East-Kali/45-651825/

Are you a degreed engineer?  Or is that just your title?  There is industry in NW AR, but a lot is food/ chicken related.  Tyson being one of the bigger companies.

If you are up for a commute and don't mind  having red neck neighbors you can find cheap land in Madison county or Newton county (old hippies).  South Washington county is mountains and pretty rugged.

Really most anywhere in the four county area, depending on where you find work
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 7:20:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Read these two threads and then ask questions.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/Hometown/Might-be-moving-to-Northern-Arkansas/45-652087/

https://www.ar15.com/forums/Hometown/Tell-Me-About-AR-Looking-to-Eject-from-East-Kali/45-651825/

Are you a degreed engineer?  Or is that just your title?  There is industry in NW AR, but a lot is food/ chicken related.  Tyson being one of the bigger companies.

If you are up for a commute and don't mind  having red neck neighbors you can find cheap land in Madison county or Newton county (old hippies).  South Washington county is mountains and pretty rugged.

Really most anywhere in the four county area, depending on where you find work
View Quote

Thanks for replying. That was my title, do have a bachelors degree, but it’s in business.  I’m open to any kind of work.

I don’t mind a commute if it’s a nice drive.
We want to live out of town. Thanks again  
Link Posted: 3/6/2021 8:20:55 AM EDT
[#3]
@stevec223

In the Midwest most manufacturing quality engineers are degreed, but only a handful have engineering degrees. Is that a requirement in Arkansas?  

Saw some quality manager jobs that required certification CQM (unheard of in Milwaukee-Chicago area).

Thanks
Link Posted: 3/6/2021 10:26:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
@stevec223

In the Midwest most manufacturing quality engineers are degreed, but only a handful have engineering degrees. Is that a requirement in Arkansas?  

Saw some quality manager jobs that required certification CQM (unheard of in Milwaukee-Chicago area).

Thanks
View Quote

I am not 100% sure, but I doubt that an engineering degree is required in AR if the normal standard is not to require one.  Likely, if it were required, the companies would just use a different title without the word "engineer" in it.

Since you are not performing engineering work outside of the company a PE isn't required either.  I am guessing the job title is just an industry descriptor.

My background is civil engineering, so industrial is a different world

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top