Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/9/2021 5:01:11 PM EDT
I currently am in AZ and originally from Montana.  So, ive lived in the west all my life.  

I have been asked if I want to move to Northern AR.  I said hmmmmmm....

Seems like housing is priced well, and I could have a nice home with some wooded acreage from what I can see.

So, what are the good bad and the ugly of Northern AR?

Any places to avoid?  great places?  I love hiking and wandering in the woods.  Camping, shooting of course...
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 5:24:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Look at this thread.

Tell-Me-About-AR

Northwest Arkansas has the strongest economy and more services.  Better health care and more choices regarding shopping.  Higher land costs.  Rural land is further out

Central North Arkansas has much smaller towns, more rural land, cheaper land costs.

Ask more specific questions if you have them.
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 5:48:42 PM EDT
[#2]
actually, that other thread was kind of helpful.  I am also in the running for that 10k subsidy, as I work from home.
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 6:28:24 PM EDT
[#3]
One good thing I can say about Arkansas is our gun laws are pretty lax compared to every other state...I can’t think of any restrictions like certain types of ammo, NFA, etc...pretty much if you aren’t a felon and the Federal laws allow it, you can have it in our state.
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 8:48:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
actually, that other thread was kind of helpful.  I am also in the running for that 10k subsidy, as I work from home.
View Quote

If you are working from home and will need moderate internet, check the location carefully.  Most rural areas in north central AR will not have good speed.  You might even be stuck with satellite or cell service.
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 9:01:42 PM EDT
[#5]
yes, sadly,  have to have good internet.
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 8:26:17 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
yes, sadly,  have to have good internet.
View Quote

Starlink "should" be here in 6-8 months.
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 4:14:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top