Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/21/2024 8:28:59 PM EDT
Yay!  This will totally eliminate crime.

Wheeee!

Link Posted: 5/21/2024 8:44:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Did this become law?

Just another group of politicians taking away someone's ability to defend themselves.  A knee jerk reaction.  I wonder if this is a reaction to the Preston Lord beating death.
Link Posted: 5/21/2024 8:45:30 PM EDT
[#2]
The state bill died. They may be trying to ban then for minors in Gilbert.
Link Posted: 5/21/2024 8:51:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By mmsSierra:
Did this become law?

Just another group of politicians taking away someone's ability to defend themselves.  A knee jerk reaction.  I wonder if this is a reaction to the Preston Lord beating death.
View Quote
Everything is a knee jerk reaction nowadays.

AZ has always been weird. It is becoming Karen central lately.

Link Posted: 5/21/2024 8:51:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Beretta_Jerry:
The state bill died. They may be trying to ban then for minors in Gilbert.
View Quote
Channel 3 news seems to think it is the solution to all ills.
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 3:22:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By mmsSierra:  I wonder if this is a reaction to the Preston Lord beating death.
View Quote

It is. They kicked me out of a few FB groups when I spoke against the masses and said this wasn’t really an issue that we need to be fighting for.
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 2:20:47 PM EDT
[#6]
So I can carry a gun, knife, baton, sap, rock, etc.  I can even run you over in my car and claim it was an accident.  But brass knuckles is too much?  It reminds me of the 'Assault Weapons Ban' from 1994.  You can have an AR-15, but just not a collapsible stock and flasher hider.  Oh, I'm safe now.    

I actually have a dozen brass knuckles that I never carry.  They are cool and I'm going to build a shadow box for them.  But, if I'm carrying 16-18oz of metal, it's going to be a pistol.  I can pistol whip somebody if I had too.
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 4:51:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By TheYellowThing:

Wheeee!
View Quote

I have a reproduction of one of these.

Id give a kidney for the real thing.
Link Posted: 5/24/2024 12:04:14 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By ihon:
So I can carry a gun, knife, baton, sap, rock, etc.  I can even run you over in my car and claim it was an accident.  But brass knuckles is too much?  It reminds me of the 'Assault Weapons Ban' from 1994.  You can have an AR-15, but just not a collapsible stock and flasher hider.  Oh, I'm safe now.    

I actually have a dozen brass knuckles that I never carry.  They are cool and I'm going to build a shadow box for them.  But, if I'm carrying 16-18oz of metal, it's going to be a pistol.  I can pistol whip somebody if I had too.
View Quote

That is the thing about the government, they want to ban all of that too!  But, since rocks grow out of the ground here we can always have weapon.  Just make sure you conceal it.

It appears that Gilbert only banned brass knuckles for people under 18.  For now, anyways.
Link Posted: 5/24/2024 7:34:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Channel 3 news seems to think it is the solution to all ills.
View Quote

Channel 3 news has 87,000 hours of Preston Lord/Gilbert Goon coverage. I remember the first fucking 12 minutes of a half hour show being about it.
Link Posted: 5/28/2024 2:55:22 PM EDT
[#10]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By virgilc1984:

Wheeee!

https://imgs.search.brave.com/zWpmxQmF02HdwKKKAsqyljxaVU47RkqgTAEymxZK8Zs/rs:fit:860:0:0/g:ce/aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cu/YnJhc3NrbnVja2xl/c2NvbXBhbnkuY29t/L2ltYWdlcy8xOTE4/LTAyMl8yLmpwZw

I have a reproduction of one of these.

Id give a kidney for the real thing.

I think you can get more than $2500 for a kidney (if it's in good shape).  While these have skyrocketed in price in the last 15-20 years, they aren't out of reach.  You just gotta want it badly enough.  I've seen beat up ones for under $2K, nicer examples with the sheath for $2000-2500.

I have a replica as well and missed out on the original.  I actually bought a 1918 original for $500 from an estate sale 15 years ago.  It was a good price as it included the sheath, but not the steal it would be today.  They were going for $400-800 (depending on condition and sheath) at the time.  I literally received it in the mail and got an email from the seller asking to buy it back.  They stated that a decedent wanted it when he was made aware of it and offered more money to buy it back.  It could have been a hustle, but I sold it back to them for what they sold it to me for.  If it were my great grandfather's knife, I'd want it.  

I ended up getting a pair of the earlier triangle spiked 1917 version trench knife for $300 without sheaths and spend the rest on a gun.  One is in very good condition and the other was in rough condition.  I ended up trading the rougher of the two trench knives for a rough Japanese 1899 Cavalry sword.  So I didn't do too bad, but wish I had gotten the bladed 1918 version. I may consider selling both and getting the 1918 that I really wanted.

Link Posted: 5/28/2024 10:33:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Where does a guy go to find a pair of nice brass knuckles?

Not antique or anything, just cool brass knuckles for a fair price?
Link Posted: 5/30/2024 3:37:37 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm apposed to this ban.  We tell girls to carry kitty ear knuckles for defense which would be banned the way these laws have been written.

Link Posted: 6/4/2024 3:43:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PALADIN-hgwt] [#13]
Originally Posted By livinfree:
Where does a guy go to find a pair of nice brass knuckles?

Not antique or anything, just cool brass knuckles for a fair price?
View Quote

Try the brassknucklescompany?

Paladin

https://www.brassknucklescompany.com/all-knuckles/the-original-brass-knuckles?&zenid=0g5ss4n5j59chojrjuknlae7q2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top