Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/22/2024 6:35:14 PM EDT
Anyone know of or have any trails that someone can ride 4 wheelers on? Looking for my nephew and niece. Doesn't have to be anything crazy. Most of the places I ride on back in the day are all gone (thanks a lot housing developments). Looking in the Faquier/Stafford area.
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 12:01:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Was a place in King George but I can't find any info on it. Was a club on private property. Next closest that I know of is in Southern Maryland by Budds Creek. https://www.wicomicomx.com/
It's a drive but in Edinburg, Va.   https://visitshenandoahcounty.com/things-to-do/sports-and-recreation/ohv-and-atv-trails/
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 7:02:07 AM EDT
[#2]
None that I know of anymore.  

I liked NoVa when we first moved down here,
but by the late '80s/early '90s, riders were being
locked out of trails that were ridden for decades,
and being charged for riding trails they created.

Fuck NoVa.
Link Posted: 5/25/2024 10:59:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Ambridge77:
None that I know of anymore.  

I liked NoVa when we first moved down here,
but by the late '80s/early '90s, riders were being
locked out of trails that were ridden for decades,
and being charged for riding trails they created.

Fuck NoVa.
View Quote

The Pits.  There were two.  One where Tysons 2 mall now is and the other was in Springfield I believe.
Link Posted: 5/25/2024 3:16:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Yep  growing up in the area we always went riding in Springfield off the powerlines
what is now Kingstowne
it was great
Link Posted: 5/25/2024 3:51:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By fsj_man:

The Pits.  There were two.  One where Tysons 2 mall now is and the other was in Springfield I believe.
View Quote

My older brother used to ride dirt bikes when the original mall was being built.  His friend found out the hard way that they sometimes dug basements since the last time you jumped that berm.  (He survived.)
Link Posted: 5/25/2024 8:08:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By voodochild:
Anyone know of or have any trails that someone can ride 4 wheelers on? Looking for my nephew and niece. Doesn't have to be anything crazy. Most of the places I ride on back in the day are all gone (thanks a lot housing developments). Looking in the Faquier/Stafford area.
View Quote

OP, this is a little bit further than your area, but The Cove is the answer to your question.
I’ve wheeled full sized rigs there for years, and they have a huge network of trails for 4-wheelers.
It may be a bit spendy these days, but they have camping, fishing, a decent beach for swimming, and a couple of different rifle and pistol ranges.
http://www.covecampground.com/

HTH

Link Posted: 5/27/2024 8:09:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Peters Mill Run/Taskers Gap OHV System

https://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/gwj/recarea/?recid=73965
Link Posted: 5/28/2024 3:14:10 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Sniper1:
Yep  growing up in the area we always went riding in Springfield off the powerlines
what is now Kingstowne
it was great
View Quote
yes it was pretty awesome back in the 70's and 80's

The Gravel Pits Before it was Kingstowne

Link Posted: 5/28/2024 5:37:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ambridge77] [#9]
Originally Posted By fsj_man:

View Quote

what is now Kingstowne
it was great
View Quote

Originally Posted By 1iviper:
yes it was pretty awesome back in the 70's and 80's

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qK-I-SB5Wfk
View Quote

I have a love/hate relationship with NoVa... kind of like divorcing someone.

I loved late '70s/early '80s... late '80s onward, not so much.

The Beulah Pits (Kingstowne/Manchester Lakes) were great in '88... I half sank my
2WD Mazda p/u in there, even though my friend got his 2WD Ford Ranger through.  

Rumor was you could ride "The Powerline Trail" from Rosehill, Franconia to Woodbridge.

I never knew there was a Tyson's Corner Pits.

I rode in between Clermont and Cameron in what became Loftridge Park, years later.

I rode in Lorton, south of Potomac Metals, across from defunct Hillbilly Heaven.

I also rode south of Dumfries, just before Triangle/Quantico.

I've never heard of The Cove.  Looking it up now.

ETA - Sorry for the swearing in my original reply.

NoVa long ago became something I no longer recognize,
         nor enjoy.
Link Posted: 5/29/2024 7:13:14 AM EDT
[#10]
not so much trail riding but shooting in the mid to late seventies
we would spend the entire day off the powerlines near Quantico creek we would drive over the curb in Rose Hill maybe apartments
and drive back in and park and shoot everything we could - long range rifle targets - pistols - shotguns - it didnt matter
in places you were walking on feet deep of broken clay pidgeons
Link Posted: 5/29/2024 5:47:48 PM EDT
[#11]
not so much trail riding but shooting in the mid to late seventies
we would spend the entire day off the powerlines near Quantico creek we would drive over the curb in Rose Hill maybe apartments
and drive back in and park and shoot everything we could - long range rifle targets - pistols - shotguns - it didnt matter
in places you were walking on feet deep of broken clay pidgeons
View Quote

I couldn't imagine that... not even iate '70s Fairfax County.

If y'all had that freedom - .
Link Posted: 5/30/2024 7:08:22 AM EDT
[#12]
The cove campground in Gore.   West of Winchester.  Probably the best trails in Va
Link Posted: 6/1/2024 12:24:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Appreciate the responses I've been to the Cove before but just to shoot at the range there. It's best to have a 4*4 to get up there. Although there was a guy that drove up the hill in a Dodge Charger and I was shocked he didn't destroy that car getting up there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top