Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/20/2023 8:23:56 AM EDT
Remember to vote in tomorrow's primary.  While supreme court elections are officially nonpartisan, the court is considered to have a 4-3 conservative majority. With Roggensack—a member of the court's conservative majority—retiring, this election will determine the ideological control of the court.

https://ballotpedia.org/Wisconsin_Supreme_Court_elections,_2023
Link Posted: 2/20/2023 9:34:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Okay... but for which one? Kelly or Dorow. There has been practically no info on any candidate put forth in the media up north. Most people here aren't even aware there's an election tomorrow... and this is a solid red area, which isn't good. The only reason I know my choice for conservative boils down to Dorow or Kelly is reading it on here.
Link Posted: 2/20/2023 10:54:00 AM EDT
[#2]
I went with Kelly, mainly because he's been there already.  Dorow is pretty much a mystery, other than her case with the Waukesha wacko.  I guess either one would be preferred over the other yahoos running.
Link Posted: 2/20/2023 1:16:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I went with Kelly, mainly because he's been there already.  Dorow is pretty much a mystery, other than her case with the Waukesha wacko.  I guess either one would be preferred over the other yahoos running.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/20/2023 11:20:26 PM EDT
[#4]
My wife and I were just talking about this.  
who is better?
Why is Dorow on the bottom of the list on the ballot?

Link Posted: 2/21/2023 12:04:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Still on the bench but I'm hearing a lot of adds attacking Dorrow. I think the left is more worried about her.
Link Posted: 2/21/2023 12:38:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Daily we have been getting flyers on how bad Dorow is.   The name on the flyer is always some one else but the address is always the same, an address in Chicago.
Link Posted: 2/21/2023 5:07:37 AM EDT
[#7]
You can vote both Kelley and Dorrow Tuesday. Top 2 go on. It's "non partisan" so there is no ticket to single vote on. The left wants Protosaywitch to run against Kelley from all the talk down here.
Link Posted: 2/21/2023 8:59:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Nope.  Ballot says vote for 1.  Top 2 vote getters go on to ballot in April.
Link Posted: 2/21/2023 11:51:59 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Daily we have been getting flyers on how bad Dorow is.   The name on the flyer is always some one else but the address is always the same, an address in Chicago.
View Quote

That's almost enough to push me to vote for her.

...or is that what the dems are trying to do?

Kelly already lost once; at least Dorow would make it a woman/woman battle (if alphabet soup makes it in). Dorow vs Mitchell? Who knows...
Link Posted: 2/21/2023 11:55:39 AM EDT
[#10]
Do NOT vote for two!!!!!    You can ONLY vote for 1.   The top two move forward.  

I think Dorrow was the easiest to attack, so they went after her.  She had the least amount to fight back with. Those that were voting for Kelly were not going to be swayed.   Dorrow may have had some female votes riding on the fence.
Link Posted: 2/21/2023 4:25:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Just voted. Number 103.
Link Posted: 2/21/2023 6:04:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Was #24 at about 8am in a small town. Was the only thing on the ballot
Link Posted: 2/21/2023 7:08:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Very low turnout in my rural township. Only thing on the ballot. Wife and I voted (both for Dorow) about 3pm, #225 & 226.

Several hotly contested school board seats on ballot in April, so I expect a MUCH larger turnout then.
Link Posted: 2/21/2023 7:38:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Wife and I were 501 & 502 in our two ward district.. Racine

Dorow
Link Posted: 2/21/2023 9:39:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Was #24 at about 8am in a small town. Was the only thing on the ballot
View Quote

I was voter #45 in Summit Township in south Juneau Co.
Gary
Link Posted: 2/21/2023 11:53:56 PM EDT
[#16]
At 9: 52 pm

Janet Protasiewicz NP46%

Daniel Kelly NP25%

Jennifer Dorow NP22%

Everett Mitchell NP7%

83% reporting.
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 1:05:12 AM EDT
[#17]
Been called Kelly/lib bitch, kiss that seat goodbye
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 2:28:57 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Been called Kelly/lib bitch, kiss that seat goodbye
View Quote

Does this mean you are not going to support Kelly?   Are you not going to campaign for him, donate money to help win?  Will you just quit and give up or are you going to get out and do something?
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 7:54:41 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Does this mean you are not going to support Kelly?   Are you not going to campaign for him, donate money to help win?  Will you just quit and give up or are you going to get out and do something?
View Quote

I will vote for him, same as I would have for dorrow. I don't think he will win though. He's already lost once, has way more baggage to attack, and won't pick up votes from women as easily.
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 9:14:12 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I will vote for him, same as I would have for dorrow. I don't think he will win though. He's already lost once, has way more baggage to attack, and won't pick up votes from women as easily.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh I'll vote really hard, but the bottom line narrative is going to be "evil conservative white guy" vs "marginalized woman that wants to help people".

Link Posted: 2/22/2023 11:50:23 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Oh I'll vote really hard, but the bottom line narrative is going to be "evil conservative white guy" vs "marginalized woman that wants to help people".

View Quote
Just like I think Kleefisch would have beaten Evers, I believe Dorow would have been the best candidate with the best chance of winning the SC seat.

I'll vote for Kelly, but I do not believe he will win.
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 12:15:48 PM EDT
[#22]
I was hoping Dorrow would win but I'm happy to support Kelly.  This is one of those elections I think we can actually have an impact on.  Typically our off-year court elections have gotten less than 1 million vote turnouts.  Start talking to people.
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 1:03:50 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Just like I think Kleefisch would have beaten Evers, I believe Dorow would have been the best candidate with the best chance of winning the SC seat.

I'll vote for Kelly, but I do not believe he will win.
View Quote

I voted for Dorow as well because she is more open to the "pro choice" option than Kelly is. Don't get me wrong, I'm a strong conservative but I'm also a realist, abortion rights is a "hot button" issue for the left and it is being used to fire up their voter base. I want to keep the court as conservative as possible but I don't think the abortion rights issue is the hill to die on.
Gary
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 4:33:18 PM EDT
[#24]
Just listened to Kelly on Vicki’s show.

We’re fucked.
Link Posted: 2/23/2023 11:29:32 AM EDT
[#25]
How many commies voted for Kelly figuring he was weaker?  Sacrificed their vote.

It will be full-tilt commie cheating in the regular election.

The only hope would be blacks are mad their guy lost.
Link Posted: 2/23/2023 4:59:06 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I voted for Dorow as well because she is more open to the "pro choice" option than Kelly is. Don't get me wrong, I'm a strong conservative but I'm also a realist, abortion rights is a "hot button" issue for the left and it is being used to fire up their voter base. I want to keep the court as conservative as possible but I don't think the abortion rights issue is the hill to die on.
Gary
View Quote

I'm a strong conservative also. But on abortion, I'm totally neutral. I do believe it is morally and ethically wrong, except in some cases like rape and mother's health.

However, that's totally offset because I am also realistic. Not in a politically motivated way, not because of politics at all. It's for another reason. When I look at the way the fatherless, undiscsiplined, little hoodrats of today grow up to prey on society, I think what we need is more abortions, not less. A lot more. Think of where we'd be with a few more million little criminal bastards to contend with, if Roe vs Wade were never enacted in the first place. All those antifa shitheads should've been sucked out of the womb with a surgical vacuum cleaner when we had the chance.

I also wouldn't mind making it retroactive to age 18.
Link Posted: 2/23/2023 5:35:02 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
How many commies voted for Kelly figuring he was weaker?  Sacrificed their vote.

It will be full-tilt commie cheating in the regular election.

The only hope would be blacks are mad their guy lost.
View Quote

The lib votes combined were greater than the dorrow/Kelly combined, so if they were voting Kelly as strategy it will just be a bigger win for them in April.
Link Posted: 2/24/2023 10:22:41 AM EDT
[#28]
As others have opined,  consideration should be given to whether the person has chance of winning the general election.
Link Posted: 2/24/2023 11:56:14 AM EDT
[#29]
Are you guys done whining, and ready to get to work electing Kelley e or do you need some more self pity parting?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top