BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 22
Link Posted: 10/28/2019 6:24:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Was @ Sportsman's Warehouse yesterday.  They must've bought all of the existing F&S merch as it was was for sale at a 10% discount.  Gun counter looked the same, no ARS...yet.

Still felt Dick-ish to me.  I hope that turns around.
View Quote
They bought all the field and stream inventory for 28 million dollars... they also agreed not to sell any AR-15s until they have sold all of the Field & Stream inventory so their name doesn't get attached to selling AR-15s so you guys can go ahead and keep shopping at this place but it's not somewhere I want to be.

They are also subleasing the stores from Dick's Sporting Goods so Dick's Sporting Goods are still making money from the sales in an indirect way of AR-15s when they become available.
pretty hypocritical.

They can FOAD.
Link Posted: 10/29/2019 11:14:28 AM EDT
[#2]
don't you have wieners to roast?
Link Posted: 10/29/2019 6:45:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

don't you have wieners to roast?
View Quote
No, we ate them all yesterday.
We had leftover chili today.
Link Posted: 10/29/2019 9:28:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Judge struck down the illegal Pittsburgh gun laws.  Bike Lane Billy is going to appeal, of course.

link
Link Posted: 10/30/2019 10:29:14 PM EDT
[#5]
bunch of bullshit to cancel Halloween for some rain.

I think its for the parents... back in the day, parents stayed home and kids didnt care what the weather was.
Link Posted: 10/31/2019 8:47:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Well.... did any of you get any Halloween kids?
Link Posted: 10/31/2019 8:53:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Im going on my 19th straight year without having any trick or treaters show up.
Link Posted: 10/31/2019 9:09:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote
Trick or treat was last night in our town.
We got around 100.
Link Posted: 10/31/2019 9:23:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Canceled here and moved to Saturday night.
Link Posted: 10/31/2019 10:00:38 PM EDT
[#10]
We had around 40 kids brave through the wind and rain.

Actually kind of impressed cause it was pretty bad here
Link Posted: 10/31/2019 10:07:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Never any at my house.

Took the oldest into town in the wind and rain. He was happy.
Link Posted: 10/31/2019 11:26:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Damn this wind is crazy tonight!!
Link Posted: 11/1/2019 10:22:19 AM EDT
[#13]
nope no kids
Link Posted: 11/6/2019 9:28:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Everyone ready for the snowpocolypse tomorrow?
Link Posted: 11/7/2019 7:47:24 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Everyone ready for the snowpocolypse tomorrow?
View Quote
Well the low is supposed to be 42... so wondering if I will see any in BeavCo.
Link Posted: 11/7/2019 12:30:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Haha the forecast is a little off
Link Posted: 11/7/2019 10:51:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Anyone know of a local-ish range that’s either open to the public or someone could join on relatively short notice?

Side thought - it’s snowing on the north side. Nothing special just the drizzling snow shits that melt as soon as they hit.
Link Posted: 11/7/2019 10:57:05 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Anyone know of a local-ish range that’s either open to the public or someone could join on relatively short notice?

Side thought - it’s snowing on the north side. Nothing special just the drizzling snow shits that melt as soon as they hit.
View Quote
Only outdoor public range is the state range in Wexford.

I believe Anthony Arms has an indoor public range.

Oh and there is an indoor range in Cranberry.
Link Posted: 11/7/2019 10:58:59 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Anyone know of a local-ish range that's either open to the public or someone could join on relatively short notice?

Side thought - it's snowing on the north side. Nothing special just the drizzling snow shits that melt as soon as they hit.
View Quote
I think Clairton sportsman is open for membership.  Easy to get in.
Link Posted: 11/8/2019 9:59:57 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Anyone know of a local-ish range that's either open to the public or someone could join on relatively short notice?

Side thought - it's snowing on the north side. Nothing special just the drizzling snow shits that melt as soon as they hit.
Membership is open
Link Posted: 11/9/2019 1:35:26 PM EDT
[#21]
Clairton is a pretty nice club.
Link Posted: 11/9/2019 2:08:50 PM EDT
[#22]
Thanks for the suggestions! I’m going to have to check Clairton out one of these Thursdays.
Link Posted: 11/9/2019 7:18:25 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote
We ended up going black this year on account of kids in our neighborhood seldom visiting our house even in hospitable weather -- we're on the very backside of our housing plan and on a steep hill.
Link Posted: 11/9/2019 7:19:39 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
We had around 40 kids brave through the wind and rain.

Actually kind of impressed cause it was pretty bad here
View Quote
My son toughed it out for an hour that night.
Link Posted: 11/9/2019 7:22:22 PM EDT
[#25]
Hunted archery this morning until 12; weather up in Kittanning was 20* at first light.
Link Posted: 11/9/2019 11:20:01 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Hunted archery this morning until 12; weather up in Kittanning was 20* at first light.
View Quote
I used to hunt in Armstrong County quite a bit as a kid.
Link Posted: 11/10/2019 10:47:13 PM EDT
[#27]
Rosedale Sportsman’s Assoc. in Cheswick has night shoots during the winter months, attended one last night. Good times.

Link Posted: 11/10/2019 10:50:40 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Rosedale Sportsman’s Assoc. in Cheswick has night shoots during the winter months, attended one last night. Good times.

https://i.imgur.com/9aF35ET.jpg
View Quote
Well shit that looks fun. I dont have NV and am a shitty shot but shooting at night just seems like it would be a blast.
Link Posted: 11/11/2019 8:33:13 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Well shit that looks fun. I dont have NV and am a shitty shot but shooting at night just seems like it would be a blast.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It’s a whole new world and there were folks there that didn’t have nv but still shot with white light.
Link Posted: 11/11/2019 8:50:46 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
It’s a whole new world and there were folks there that didn’t have nv but still shot with white light.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree that look like a blast.
The only other local night shoot I’ve heard of is when PMSC did the zombie matches a few years back.
Unfortunately I didn’t make it.
Link Posted: 11/17/2019 9:02:47 PM EDT
[#31]
I hope you all enjoy the nice weather we are having this week.
Link Posted: 11/18/2019 8:06:12 PM EDT
[#32]
Any of you guys feel like getting out for a hike in the next few weeks?

Thinking of getting out to Hillman State Park in Washington Co. Sunday preferred to avoid hunting conflicts.

Arfcom Battle Buddies
Link Posted: 11/21/2019 4:45:10 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hard pass on those guys. Went in there once and they came off as a bunch of clowns. Never been back.

Impacts has an indoor range.
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 7:28:40 PM EDT
[#34]
Well I tried to get on here earlier but I was out of the service area and couldn't get any kind of connection to the internet on my phone anyway there's cops everywhere all over the roads and tonight's light up night so keep your heads on a swivel and have a good evening
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 7:38:51 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Well I tried to get on here earlier but I was out of the service area and couldn't get any kind of connection to the internet on my phone anyway there's cops everywhere all over the roads and tonight's light up night so keep your heads on a swivel and have a good evening
View Quote
Wait people go out after dark?!

Link Posted: 11/22/2019 7:55:57 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wait, people leave their basement?
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 7:57:56 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote
I read this twice
Link Posted: 11/23/2019 12:18:46 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Night time is the right time.
Link Posted: 11/23/2019 2:14:15 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I read this twice
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I read this twice
Yeah... talk text posting doesn't usually add punctuation.
Link Posted: 11/27/2019 1:37:39 PM EDT
[#40]
Power out here due to the wind.

Guess it's time to start drinking
Link Posted: 11/28/2019 9:53:07 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Power out here due to the wind.

Guess it's time to start drinking
View Quote
Winds were crazy yesterday.
Link Posted: 11/28/2019 9:54:04 AM EDT
[#42]
Happy Thanksgiving, Pittsburgh Brethren
Link Posted: 11/28/2019 10:00:59 AM EDT
[#43]
I hope everyone in Pittsburgh GD has a Great Thanksgiving.

I have alot to be thankful for.
My wife is awesome.
Most of my family is healthy.
My Brothers are good to me.
The economy is good and strong and I started a new career and have been successful.
Guns are still legal.
and all the leaves in my yard blew away.
Link Posted: 11/28/2019 10:57:05 AM EDT
[#44]
Happy thanksgiving.
Link Posted: 11/28/2019 3:20:43 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

My wife is awesome.
The economy is good and strong and I started a new career and have been successful.
Guns are still legal.
View Quote
Thanks... now can you get your leaves out of my yard... lol
Link Posted: 12/7/2019 12:11:22 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

My wife is awesome.
Guns are still legal.
View Quote
New career? Sign me up wireline is too slow right now!! Shoot me a PM brother, tried IMing you but your inbox is full. About the sportsmans club. Thank you sir ??
Link Posted: 12/7/2019 7:41:24 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
New career? Sign me up wireline is too slow right now!! Shoot me a PM brother, tried IMing you but your inbox is full. About the sportsmans club. Thank you sir
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My wife is awesome.
Guns are still legal.
New career? Sign me up wireline is too slow right now!! Shoot me a PM brother, tried IMing you but your inbox is full. About the sportsmans club. Thank you sir
I know the wells are slow, but why would you want out of wireline? should be  coming back first quarter.
I quit my old job in a completely unrelated field after 20 years and got a CDL and started driving last January.  you can easily max out your hours every week driving.
I probably make less than you do, assuming you make 120k+ or more, but the benefits are that I dont have to travel and work wire-line schedule.
PM sent.
Link Posted: 12/7/2019 10:05:03 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I know the wells are slow, but why would you want out of wireline? should be  coming back first quarter.
I quit my old job in a completely unrelated field after 20 years and got a CDL and started driving last January.  you can easily max out your hours every week driving.
I probably make less than you do, assuming you make 120k+ or more, but the benefits are that I dont have to travel and work wire-line schedule.
PM sent.
View Quote
Yea I dont want to. The real problem is where it's so up and down from the second to third quarter. That and wireline has been becoming so competitive everyone is shooting stages for practically nothing or very little overhead. Nobody can keep running like that. I've had my class A for about 6 years with hazmat. I've def thought about getting my tanker as well, just havemt explored my other options as much as I've wanted yet
Link Posted: 12/7/2019 10:21:09 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Yea I dont want to. The real problem is where it's so up and down from the second to third quarter. That and wireline has been becoming so competitive everyone is shooting stages for practically nothing or very little overhead. Nobody can keep running like that. I've had my class A for about 6 years with hazmat. I've def thought about getting my tanker as well, just havemt explored my other options as much as I've wanted yet
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

PM sent.
Myers is hiring.  Go pick up some hours  this time of year.  Alot of bottle companies are slow.  Myers is not.
You will need a tanker endorsement  and have the ability to drive an 18 speed.  
Wooster might have some sand runs as a company driver if you would rather do that.
I dont work at either company.
Link Posted: 12/24/2019 11:04:36 PM EDT
[#50]
Hey everyone,

Merry Christmas.
Page / 22
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top