BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 10:46:14 AM EDT
[#1]
btt
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 5:36:33 AM EDT
[#2]
On my way into work this morning, I started thinking of an idear for Saturday Afternoon of this whole hoopla.  I would require a Certified NRA Instructor however.

Hmmm....
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 11:44:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Unforunately I will not be able to attend Friday and Saturday
My parents are in town from Europe for a week , and they're leaving Saturday Night, so I have to bring them to the airport and such.
I don't think I'll drive all that way and back on sunday.

Y'all can leave your first aid kits at home now
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 11:55:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Are those of you who are coming, definately driving home on Sunday afternoon/evening?  I ask cause I'm off Monday and hadn't really decided if I wanted to drive home Sunday evening or camp an extra night and drive home Monday.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 12:18:46 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Are those of you who are coming, definately driving home on Sunday afternoon/evening?  I ask cause I'm off Monday and hadn't really decided if I wanted to drive home Sunday evening or camp an extra night and drive home Monday.

I'm leaving after the FDCC Match.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 1:25:27 PM EDT
[#6]
I am looking for car-pooling from Ft. Myers, and points North. I plan on leaving Friday afternoon or early Saturday. Anyone interested? Either riding or driving....or I can meet someplace....

jj
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 2:02:59 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I am looking for car-pooling from Ft. Myers, and points North. I plan on leaving Friday afternoon or early Saturday. Anyone interested? Either riding or driving....or I can meet someplace....

jj

[clearing throat] Ahem.... I know someone leaving early Friday morning.   [/clearing throat]
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 4:23:46 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

jj

Sorry Jeff
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 5:21:37 AM EDT
[#9]
Well I now have to leave either Saturday night or Sunday morning due to a prior engagement Sunday that I didn't realize was tat Sunday.  

I just got a new Dell Axim X5 (PDA) and it figured out I had a schedule conflict.  I think I will still be there and just leave Sunday morning.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 5:13:52 AM EDT
[#10]
PDF Document posted at the top of the initial post.  This will be printed and passed out en masse to participants, so if you want to wait to receive it when you arrive at the camp, that's fine.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 6:16:45 AM EDT
[#11]
PDF Looks Great Tom.  Nice Job. Can't wait for some campfire fun.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 12:52:28 PM EDT
[#12]
I just scanned the whole thread and didn't see any mention of whether or not guns are allowed in the camping area.ht

Or someone decides to show off their really cool laser thingy on thier AK and starts swinging it around the campsite just as the campground host walks by with his/her poodle.hing

$bob$
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 1:11:21 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I just scanned the whole thread and didn't see any mention of whether or not guns are allowed in the camping area.

It might not be an issue if everyone keeps their weapons in their trunks but if someone decides to clean their AR out in front of their camper/tent it could be a bit dicey if some liberal granola type flips out and calls 911.

Or someone decides to show off their really cool laser thingy on thier AK and starts swinging it around the campsite just as the campground host walks by with his/her poodle.

Just something to think about.

$bob$

Thanks for the tip.....

jj
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 1:41:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Im not crazy about being on the woods without my USP on my side, this could change some things
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 2:16:09 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I just scanned the whole thread and didn't see any mention of whether or not guns are allowed in the camping area.

It might not be an issue if everyone keeps their weapons in their trunks but if someone decides to clean their AR out in front of their camper/tent it could be a bit dicey if some liberal granola type flips out and calls 911.

Or someone decides to show off their really cool laser thingy on thier AK and starts swinging it around the campsite just as the campground host walks by with his/her poodle.

$bob$

Thanks Bob!  This has already been thought of and I'm sure that many of the adults  that come are aware of this circumstance.  I would like to remind everyone to keep your firearms in your vehicle locked away while we are off of the range.  Do not take them out to clean or display while away from the range unless you're off the property of the WMA.

Thanks again Bob!  Are you going to join us this time in your Red SUV?  Just curious.  This time why don't you get out and introduce yourself?  We don't bite!  

Hope to see you there!!!
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 2:42:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Its a WMA!

Love how the State of Florida grants permission to carry openly while hunting, camping, or fishing but says we cant carry a firearm in a WMA unless hunting, during season, with a "License"

One way or the other I'll be there for the shoot and FDCC though
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 3:01:10 PM EDT
[#17]
Just keep your weapons locked in your car out of sight when you're not at the range.  
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 6:28:42 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

$bob$

Thanks Bob!  This has already been thought of and I'm sure that many of the adults  that come are aware of this circumstance.  I would like to remind everyone to keep your firearms in your vehicle locked away while we are off of the range.  Do not take them out to clean or display while away from the range unless you're off the property of the WMA.

Thanks again Bob!  Are you going to join us this time in your Red SUV?  Just curious.  This time why don't you get out and introduce yourself?  We don't bite!  

Hope to see you there!!!

PDF looks great Tom, seems to have a part of the civil war trail story missing?

I'm still pretty disappointed that I can't make it up there!
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 3:29:08 AM EDT
[#19]
Okay.  Let's kick this up a notch since a bunch of folks are getting together who don't normally see one another.  My proposal is this:  Post a "request" here and if someone has that particular firearm, simply bring it to share.  Or...if you like...post what you are willing to share and if someone wants to shoot, bring it.  I think this would be a great way to meet folks, tell stories, etc.

In the spirit of the above, and since I stopped being shy about what I own, I offer the following:

1898 Krag carbine
1903 Springfield
1896 Swedish mauser
Enfield carbine in .303 (Jungle #6)
Enfield carbin in .308, (Jungle #7)
2 astoundingly beautiful K31 carbines, one in beech, one in walnut.  These girls create a riot on the C&R forum every time I post pics.  
Remington 700 PSS in .308  (Very accurate).  I have some Federal match ammo for this one that I am willing to share.  Perhaps a friendly "shoot the chipmunk at 100 yds." match is in order?  At about $1/round, maybe a donation to FDCC would be nice to make up for the ammo cost.
Chinese SKS in near perfect condition
Nothing particularly exceptional to offer in the pistol department.

So...here is my request list:

DSA FN... any type
Underfolder AK...any type, but I am thinking of building one from a Polish kit, so if you have one, I would like to see it.
1911...any type...I have been thinking of one, I just don't know what kind since I haven't shot many.
Schofield pistol in .44-40
Henry rifle in .44-40

That's it.

I look forward to meeting some new folks.

-White Horse
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 9:36:01 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
PDF looks great Tom, seems to have a part of the civil war trail story missing?

I fixed it and reposted an updated copy.  I already have 40 of these printed up back-to-back and they look nice! I will be printing more this week.  I will be passing them out to everyone and their grandmother, provide you bring your grandma that is!
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 5:33:31 PM EDT
[#21]
All I have to say, Is y'all are nuts  with the way the weather has been you can definetly count me out. My bones like a warm bed . I work outside everyday and when its cold and wet its miserable.
So Ill just hold down the fort here.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 5:44:49 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
All I have to say, Is y'all are nuts  with the way the weather has been you can definetly count me out. My bones like a warm bed . I work outside everyday and when its cold and wet its miserable.
So Ill just hold down the fort here.

PUSSY!!

I'm staying inside too. I'm coming over Saturday for the day, then coming home.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 5:57:34 PM EDT
[#23]
I got your p......... well that just wouldnt come out right so .........If we havent met yet you dont now me like I know me ..........I digress
www.rickysanders.net/TomFernandezProduction/Rob_MP5Water_Large.gif
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 6:01:26 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Okay.  Let's kick this up a notch since a bunch of folks are getting together who don't normally see one another.  My proposal is this:  Post a "request" here and if someone has that particular firearm, simply bring it to share.  Or...if you like...post what you are willing to share and if someone wants to shoot, bring it.  I think this would be a great way to meet folks, tell stories, etc.

In the spirit of the above, and since I stopped being shy about what I own, I offer the following:

1898 Krag carbine
1903 Springfield
1896 Swedish mauser
Enfield carbine in .303 (Jungle #6)
Enfield carbin in .308, (Jungle #7)
2 astoundingly beautiful K31 carbines, one in beech, one in walnut.  These girls create a riot on the C&R forum every time I post pics.  
Remington 700 PSS in .308  (Very accurate).  I have some Federal match ammo for this one that I am willing to share.  Perhaps a friendly "shoot the chipmunk at 100 yds." match is in order?  At about $1/round, maybe a donation to FDCC would be nice to make up for the ammo cost.
Chinese SKS in near perfect condition
Nothing particularly exceptional to offer in the pistol department.

DSA FN... any type
Underfolder AK...any type, but I am thinking of building one from a Polish kit, so if you have one, I would like to see it.
1911...any type...I have been thinking of one, I just don't know what kind since I haven't shot many.
Henry rifle in .44-40

That's it.

-White Horse

What?  That many boating accidents?
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 11:06:47 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

LOL  Boating Accidents?  

I honestly don't have anything to offer for ppl to shoot as far as anything unique.  I just have my AR and Beretta 92FS that is allowed to be fired on that range.  As far as popping off squirrel's... Hmmmm.... If there are actual squirell's down range, I'll definitely give a dollar to send one to it's creator.  LOL

Anyone bringing an Class III's to shoot?
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 11:52:36 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

LOL  Boating Accidents?  

I honestly don't have anything to offer for ppl to shoot as far as anything unique.  I just have my AR and Beretta 92FS that is allowed to be fired on that range.  As far as popping off squirrel's... Hmmmm.... If there are actual squirell's down range, I'll definitely give a dollar to send one to it's creator.  LOL

Anyone bringing an Class III's to shoot?

Yep.  Boating accidents are the leading cause of firearm disappearances.

Anyway, since you seem to be the only human stirring in this thread, is there anything from the list that you would like for me to bring?

-White Horse

Link Posted: 2/12/2006 12:10:14 PM EDT
[#27]
That Chinese SKS caught my eye.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 2:04:58 PM EDT
[#28]
Can someone bring a Garand?
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 2:23:18 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
That Chinese SKS caught my eye.

Consider it done.  It's a nice one, too.

Hey, I just thought of something.  I have some gun stuff laying around.  I will bring it also in case someone wants to buy it or do some horse trading.  Mostly ar stuff, a few other odds and ends.

-White Horse
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 2:46:43 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Done.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 4:43:31 PM EDT
[#31]
I'm having a feeling that there's going to be A LOT of ppl who show up.  I will be putting up the Southwest Florida AR15.com Banner up at my campsite so ppl can at least know where some ARFCOMer's are.

If everyone wants to come up w/ some kind of distinguishing mark for those who will be camping, it would make it easier for ppl to know who's in the group.  I believe this will allow ppl to introduce themselves a lot easier instead of walking around and asking, "Are you from AR15.com?" and then get a strange look.  LOL

Can't wait for this!

FYI, everyone keep in mind that each Tent Site is for 5 ppl each, so group up!  
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 5:14:33 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Done.

Alright
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 12:35:27 PM EDT
[#33]
Edited!

I'm out.  I will not be making the trip.  Will not be ther for any of the days.

Just another screwed getaway, the way my life goes.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 3:27:54 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Edited!

Sounds like my life...
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 2:18:24 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Edited!

Sorry to hear that FlatTop.  I was looking forward to meeting ya!  Some other time!
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 4:31:12 AM EDT
[#36]
FL_FlatTop:
Dude... NO really.. DUDE !

Que Pasa ?
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:20:40 PM EDT
[#37]
DSA FN... any type
Henry rifle in .44-40

That's it.

-White Horse

I'll be bringing my Springfields (1911 and Garand)  Looking forward to meeting everyone.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 6:58:54 AM EDT
[#38]
ONE MORE WEEKEND!!!
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 7:32:48 AM EDT
[#39]
Just heard about this.

I guess if I can drive over 400 miles to the SF campout a couple weekends ago, I can make it to this one.  Will have to jump through a couple hurdles first, though.

Gy D in P'cola
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 3:31:21 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
DSA FN... any type
Henry rifle in .44-40

That's it.

-White Horse

I'll be bringing my Springfields (1911 and Garand)  Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Thanks!  
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 9:34:11 PM EDT
[#41]
My crew and I have been looking forward to this since we first read about it back in Jan.  We will be there to represent Southwest GA and we will be 5-7 people strong.  We are trying to make up some kind of banner to signify that we are ARFCOMMERS so ya'll will know who's who.  That was a really good idea, BTW.  One of our crew wanted me to ask, are there going to be any other Amateur Radio Operators at this thang.  Two of us are HAMs and are planning on working a little QRP from camp and it would be cool to make some contacts via 2-meters while inbound and maybe get a little net going at the shoot.  If any of you are HAMs email me or post your callsign for us to see.  Mine is KI4NDK and my name is Kevin and I will be with KK4PQ, Dave.  Also, does anyone know if there is a repeater that we can hit from there or an open frequency that we can use for simplex to communicate once inside the park?
That's about all and thanks for putting this together.  It sounds like a blast.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 9:45:51 PM EDT
[#42]
Cool! Glad ya'll are coming! The radio will be fun. I have been interested in Ham Radio since a kid when I read a book on it! This is the kind of thing that make this kind of get together fun. See you guys there.

jj
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 9:49:37 PM EDT
[#43]
Accuweather long term forecast calls for highs in the mid 60's and lows in the high 30's.

jj
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 10:08:48 PM EDT
[#44]
Weather sounds just right.  I noticed that you are flying "THE" flag on your avatar, jjrock.  Come on round to Ocean Pond when you get there and look for a tan two-door Tahoe with the REAL GA flag on the front bumper and the SCV GA license plate on the back.  You will be welcome.  We will also have a couple of pretty neat field-expedient antennae in use at our campsite that you may find amusing if you're into Ham radio.  We can't wait.  This will be TOO much fun!
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 2:17:54 AM EDT
[#45]
If there are any HAM RADIO OPERATORS in the group that are coming, please bring yours along!!!  Send an IM HoldenCaulfield (Kevin) or post here to coordinate w/ him!!!

Looking forward to meeting you and your crew Kevin!  This is going to be fun!!!
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 6:02:07 AM EDT
[#46]
+1 on amateur radio.

General class here.  Will definately bring all the toys along, assuming that I can make it.  I'm scheduled to work in the nursery at church that sunday, but the missus ought to be able to take care of that.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 12:15:13 PM EDT
[#47]
Well I really didn't expect to be communications coordinator for this event but so be it.  I think it will be good if we hams can provide information relaying services and coordination among members at different places throughout the weekend.  I hope there are enough of us.
Now, I looked at my repeater directory and it seems there is a repeater in Live Oak that we may be able to reach from there.  The frequency is 145.4100.  Once we get to the park we will monitor 146.535 for communication throughout the event.  
GySgtD, what is your callsign so that we can contact you?
We'll see you all there.

BTW, I'm a Technician + and KK4PQ is an Extra class.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 12:18:54 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
+1 on amateur radio.

General class here.  Will definately bring all the toys along, assuming that I can make it.  I'm scheduled to work in the nursery at church that sunday, but the missus ought to be able to take care of that.

Well I guess so.....isn't that a woman's job?
J/K honey!
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 12:26:57 PM EDT
[#49]
I guess I should have saw that coming..
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 8:22:36 PM EDT
[#50]
Will there be anywhere to shoot skeet, or shotguns in general?
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top