Club match on the 15th you say??

I'm going to try to show up for that.
View Quote
I'll check my schedule.
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 9:40:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I can provide a some private land to hike on.
View Quote
Awesome dude you are THE MAN

See some of y’all  on the 15th
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 9:56:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

See some of y'all  on the 15th
View Quote
Some of it isn't the easiest to hike on

Some of it is open

There is 189 acres to move on. Its near Cleburne.
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 9:57:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

https://i.imgur.com/18no2TL.jpg

Some of it is open

https://i.imgur.com/5Rk92UH.jpg

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

See some of y'all  on the 15th

https://i.imgur.com/18no2TL.jpg

Some of it is open

https://i.imgur.com/5Rk92UH.jpg

That’s amazing and you are a patriot :)
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 10:32:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I can provide a some private land to hike on.
View Quote
My brother!!!
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 11:17:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Awesome!  I was hoping to see more BB groups starting up.
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 11:28:46 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
My brother!!!
View Quote
let me know if this works and we can work out the time.
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 11:31:10 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

See some of y’all  on the 15th
View Quote
Not me, apparently.  Friends kids b day party is that day and the wife already rsvp’d.

Still think those matches are going to be a great way for some of us to meet up/shoot together.

I’m going to try to make this a priority this year.
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 12:36:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
They got a two man sniper match coming up soon. There's... Oh hell this would be perfect,

8 mile hump/ match

ETA: tiger valley has a club match on the 15th of Feb and the team sniper match is on April 4-5
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

On that note there are competitions at Tiger Valley teams can sign up for that would seem to be right up our alley.
They got a two man sniper match coming up soon. There's... Oh hell this would be perfect,

8 mile hump/ match

ETA: tiger valley has a club match on the 15th of Feb and the team sniper match is on April 4-5
@joshdb50

This team match looks awesome, but I have never shot on a team really. My brother and I do every once in a while for training, but he lives in Houston, so not too often.

I would love to pick up a buddy or two to do this with, and I can shoot either gas or bolt, makes no difference to me.

Wish some of these didn't fall on holiday weekends, my wife is cool with me going to stuff like this, but I better show up ready for valentine's and birthdays, other family stuff too

I shoot at ETTS in Waxahachie
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 12:44:37 PM EDT
[#10]
I only have a gas gun. I can't afford that entry fee currently as I'm trying to get my reloading started.

I really want to though.

How is ETTS? Do you have a 2 gun class in their matches or is it all 3 gun?
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 1:50:17 PM EDT
[#11]
OST

Hunt county here
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 2:11:51 PM EDT
[#12]
DFW guys has anyone tagged Colion Noir? Seems like he would be a slam dunk for leading the citizens defense league side of the effort as far as lobbying and government is concerned
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 2:22:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I only have a gas gun. I can't afford that entry fee currently as I'm trying to get my reloading started.

I really want to though.

How is ETTS? Do you have a 2 gun class in their matches or is it all 3 gun?
View Quote
I saw that entry fee... seems a bit steep, but I guess food is included, although my family of 3 doesn't eat half of their $500 worth in a week

At ETTS, I think it's only 3 gun, but I normally just practice in the bays, they leave the barricades and target set up during the week.

The longet range stuff is nice too, I have gone out to 800 before I switched to 6.5Creed, and haven't had a chance to break in the new rifle yet.
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 5:16:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Wish I lived closer to some of you guys to get in on this.  I'm near Tyler here among the pine trees.  And working an LE schedule means I usually will be working weird hours compared to the rest of the world.  Still, I think we all can use some getting into better shape.
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 6:23:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Wish I lived closer to some of you guys to get in on this.  I'm near Tyler here among the pine trees.  And working an LE schedule means I usually will be working weird hours compared to the rest of the world.  Still, I think we all can use some getting into better shape.
View Quote
See if there are other folks in your area that are interested.  Before you know it (and though you may think yourself woefully unprepared to organize it) the Pine Curtain Battle Buddies will be a thing.
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 6:30:02 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote
I can meet you at Tyler state park during the week. I work weekends and have four days of boredom during the week usually.
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 6:54:01 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 7:29:34 PM EDT
[#18]
Work schedule permitting, I’d be interested.
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 10:34:53 PM EDT
[#19]
In. Mansfield
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 12:18:23 AM EDT
[#20]
NE Tarrant checking in. Lake Grapevine does have a few places. Bob Jones has some decent trails from what I could tell...doubt it would be easy to get geared up and not draw attention though and pretty sure rifles would be a no go.
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 11:40:23 AM EDT
[#21]
I'm interested. Uptown Dallas. Weekends are free normally
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 11:46:33 AM EDT
[#22]
membership expired testing
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 8:44:59 PM EDT
[#23]
Very interested. Austin
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 9:17:45 PM EDT
[#24]
Still here I will post in the next few days a starter hike date and time.   probably be a separate thread.   I will link in here.  Will be a shorter hike to start.  Maybe 3 miles?

Pack up or work up.
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 9:29:00 PM EDT
[#25]
Interested but won't be around much at this time

ETA: Grapevine area
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 10:12:58 PM EDT
[#26]
Arlington, here; I'm interested, though my work situation may change at a moment's notice so I can't commit to anything long term just yet.

There's actually a few prominent & successful DFW-area hiking groups I attend --naturally populated by lefty yuppies-- maybe we could infiltrate & converge one of those for DFWBB purposes?

If nothing else, steal their trail schedules for locations .  North Texas Outdoors is kinda the gold standard; they're the most 'serious' hiker/backpacker group that I'm aware of out here.  The others are more day-hike oriented, which is of course also useful.

Finding land to hike on with battle rattle is gonna be tough; finding a private patron like M35Ben (and making sure we don't piss him off by disrespecting his property! ) is far & away the best approach.

Might be worthwhile to have a series of 'fitness' hikes around the area, then link up at the 'safe space' for the Big Exam less frequently to test out the gear/equipment/skills side of things.  We all know that the fitness goals will be the hardest for everyone to meet, and the most time consuming.  Maybe use those hikes to also focus on other tasks like orienteering or communications, and combine them all along with a more grueling trek at the Big Exam location?  Gives us something to look forward to, once the routine outings start to get a little stale.

And I hate to bring this up, but the less frequent the meetups with firearms & gear, the less likely the group is to be slandered as some extremist nutcase cell by authorities or activists.  Just something to consider, at least during the early stages when the group is getting established.  There's a whole lot of stuff beyond carrying guns & shooting to cover, right?  Besides, if that 1-13 militia thing can get some roots growing here in Texas (I believe it is currently incompatible with state statutes but that can be changed) it could be the perfect outlet for the more explicitly serious tactical training.
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 10:15:46 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Still here I will post in the next few days a starter hike date and time.   probably be a separate thread.   I will link in here.  Will be a shorter hike to start.  Maybe 3 miles?

Pack up or work up.
View Quote
For a short-ish hike without gear that's 'safe' but also more challenging than a flat greenbelt track, Cedar Ridge Preserve is the best bet in DFW.  We'd want to go early on a weekend day, though, since it does fill up fast, but there is plenty of parking for the dozen or whatever folks would show up before then.

You can daisy-chain the trails together & get about 10 miles, but they run the gamut from 1-2 miles individually.

Trail Mehp
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 10:50:38 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Will be a shorter hike to start.  Maybe 3 miles?
View Quote
I didn't hike but I did run 4 miles today.
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 10:57:59 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Will be a shorter hike to start.  Maybe 3 miles?
You rock.
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 10:59:52 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
You rock.
View Quote
I do not rock.  I am fat, and it took me 42 minutes to run those 4 miles.  
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 11:00:37 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 11:03:13 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 11:17:37 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You rock.
you are doing it....

I dont run much anymore
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 11:18:51 PM EDT
[#34]
I got a PM on another private land option.  Close to stephenville but.....
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 11:22:39 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 11:27:48 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I think you and I are in the same league. Actually, you're in a better league than I.
View Quote
I could be in the womens league.....
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 11:42:53 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 10:42:33 AM EDT
[#38]
Gentlemen you should consider the Run & Guns like the Waco Tactical Fitness.  There are several biathlons each year across the state and in OK where you cover an approximately 5 mile course with potentially obstacles and challenges with 7 to 8 shooting stages for both rifle and pistol or combined.  The shooting stages include contorted positions or movement.  Such as climbing a tree and engaging a couple of targets 2 to 300 yds away.  It is a great test of your physical abilities and shooting ability.  The saturday event for this year is sold out but the sunday sprint (2.5 miles) is still available.  This way you get to carry your gear and shoot it as well.  I have only completed all the shooting events without DNFing only once in the 5 times I have ran it.  There is a 3 min time limit for each of the stages and some require physical activity prior to engaging the targets.
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 3:02:16 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Gentlemen you should consider the Run & Guns like the Waco Tactical Fitness.  There are several biathlons each year across the state and in OK where you cover an approximately 5 mile course with potentially obstacles and challenges with 7 to 8 shooting stages for both rifle and pistol or combined.  The shooting stages include contorted positions or movement.  Such as climbing a tree and engaging a couple of targets 2 to 300 yds away.  It is a great test of your physical abilities and shooting ability.  The saturday event for this year is sold out but the sunday sprint (2.5 miles) is still available.  This way you get to carry your gear and shoot it as well.  I have only completed all the shooting events without DNFing only once in the 5 times I have ran it.  There is a 3 min time limit for each of the stages and some require physical activity prior to engaging the targets.
View Quote
Absolutely will do, once I get to the point that attempting the activities you described isn't quite so likely to kill me.
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 5:29:21 PM EDT
[#41]
Just saw this posted and figured I should link it.

American Battle Buddies American Pioneer Corps Guidelines

Beat by Joe, as I was looking up the other thread URL
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 5:55:04 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 5:55:15 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 7:24:50 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Nice and good for all the younger dudes.
 What are the requirements for all the old farts?
View Quote
Wasn't this the chart that ended at 52 years of age?
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 8:35:22 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Wasn't this the chart that ended at 52 years of age?
View Quote
I *think* the APFT had a add  x for every year above 50 or something along those lines?

Either that or just stick to the 52 requirement?
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 9:31:56 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote
Just how young do you think I am?!?!
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 9:39:48 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
These young guys don't get it....

We got to start slow.
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 9:54:16 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
These young guys don't get it....

We got to start slow.
View Quote
I'm just diggin on the kids.  As long as they remember that old age & treachery wins out over youth & skill, we'll all be fine.  

Normally I'd be out getting some biking and hiking this time of year, but I've been crazy busy with work (very unusual).  It's a pleasant change from the last quarter of 2019 when I made just enough money (barely) to keep Dog Mahal in diesel, oil and oil filters.   But it has also caused an increase in my waistline.  I gotta get out on the trails.  Rowlett Creek Preserve is good fun on a bike...  when it's open.
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 10:05:00 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
At the risk of being a pussy, a 3mph trail pace while burdened is extremely aggressive if you aren't 6ft tall, and aren't hiking for only an hour or two, max.  I sure hope they're including jogging or something in that figure, because a lot of folks will over-extend their stride trying to reach it & kill their joints.

I've hiked ten-mile-days in Guadalupe in August, fifteen in Aspen, twelve in Kawaii, and many more avg around 11 most places; with a 45lb (total) pack 2.5mph is the best I ever managed for a significant duration, and on fairly level terrain at that.  I'm not "highly skilled" or "expert" or in peak condition, but I'm not a neophyte, either.  The only guys I ever knew hiking faster than 3mph were also talented athletes in their highschool prime, and/or 6ft plus.

The ABB experience curve as it stands is gonna be very steep if not impossible for folks that aren't already doing recreational Iron Man's (maybe that's the demographic they're going for, but the description sounded like they wanted a broader membership pool)
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 10:14:53 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

At the risk of being a pussy, a 3mph trail pace while burdened is extremely aggressive if you aren't 6ft tall, and aren't hiking for only an hour or two, max.  I sure hope they're including jogging or something in that figure, because a lot of folks will over-extend their stride trying to reach it & kill their joints.

I've hiked ten-mile-days in Guadalupe in August, fifteen in Aspen, twelve in Kawaii, and many more avg around 11 most places; with a 45lb (total) pack 2.5mph is the best I ever managed for a significant duration, and on fairly level terrain at that.  I'm not "highly skilled" or "expert" or in peak condition, but I'm not a neophyte, either.  The only guys I ever knew hiking faster than 3mph were also talented athletes in their highschool prime.

The ABB experience curve as it stands is gonna be very steep if not impossible for folks that aren't already doing recreational Iron Man's (maybe that's the demographic they're going for, but the description sounded like they wanted a broader membership pool)
View Quote
Master race checking in...
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top