Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/15/2021 12:25:06 PM EDT
I've seen pics of barrels cut so short the threads start right where the frame ends. I'm guessing that's around 2"? Has anyone here done that and love/regret it? It would make holster carry extremely convenient.

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 9:34:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Exactly what I was after! Thanks
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 9:46:41 PM EDT
[#3]

I did the same thing. It's amazing buuutt.... having such a short barrel means the only thing it'll cycle reliably is subsonic heavier for caliber rounds like the American eagle suppressor rounds. I've tried various high velocity 36 grain rounds and they usually don't fully cycle. That said, everything I put through it is subsonic, even hyper velocity 32gr rounds. So you never have to buy high cost subsonic ammo if you can find a lighter recoil spring. Who knows maybe I just need to brake it in a bit more. I only have < 100 rounds through it.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 10:39:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
https://i.imgur.com/P6WoLrv_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

I did the same thing. It's amazing buuutt.... having such a short barrel means the only thing it'll cycle reliably is subsonic heavier for caliber rounds like the American eagle suppressor rounds. I've tried various high velocity 36 grain rounds and they usually don't fully cycle. That said, everything I put through it is subsonic, even hyper velocity 32gr rounds. So you never have to buy high cost subsonic ammo if you can find a lighter recoil spring. Who knows maybe I just need to brake it in a bit more. I only have < 100 rounds through it.
View Quote

Good to know. Weird how hit or miss the function is on these.
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 8:05:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Good to know. Weird how hit or miss the function is on these.
View Quote

That's exactly what's held me back from doing it.
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 8:17:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

That's exactly what's held me back from doing it.
View Quote

I think it won't take much tweaking to get it good enough for my purposes.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top