Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 5:03:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

CBP also ordered all of them 19,26, and 47 in MOS
View Quote
The contract G26 I handled wasn't a MOS model.
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 5:17:34 PM EDT
[#2]
I want the rotating barrel gun.  Not sure if it's been assigned a model number.
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 5:35:31 PM EDT
[#3]
I like the look.

I'd probably pick one up eventually.
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 5:43:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I want the rotating barrel gun.  Not sure if it's been assigned a model number.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/27/2020 8:53:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

CBP also ordered all of them 19,26, and 47 in MOS

Well apparently I was mistaken. My bad.
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 5:47:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Of course I want one, I'm a firearm enthusiast. I'll wait a year or so until the price drops, which it probably won't by much. 600 is pretty on par with the optic ready market segment.
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 8:23:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Glock will not even talk about nDLC parts .
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 11:26:24 AM EDT
[#8]
Doesn't look like the 47 is on their website anymore.
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 5:22:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Stop toying with my heart.
Link Posted: 6/4/2020 11:33:53 PM EDT
[#10]
I just want the slide
Link Posted: 6/5/2020 6:38:36 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Stop toying with my heart.
View Quote

Don't give up, the 19/17M models were never on their site and yet a few escaped to be sold.
Link Posted: 6/5/2020 3:20:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Yeah. Lipseys will probably get some overruns at some point.  

And everyone will gush at how amazing this new awesome gun is.  And it's still just a Glock 19.
Link Posted: 6/5/2020 3:34:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

And everyone will gush at how amazing this new awesome gun is.  And it's still just a Glock 19.
View Quote

It's a 17?
Link Posted: 6/5/2020 3:58:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

It's a 17?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's a 17?

It's a 19.  Uses all 19 parts to include the recoil spring.
Link Posted: 6/5/2020 4:13:59 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's a 17?

So the be slide length and grip are identical to a 17, but it's a 19 because of the recoil spring.
Link Posted: 6/5/2020 4:21:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

So the be slide length and grip are identical to a 17, but it's a 19 because of the recoil spring.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's a 17?

It's mechanically a 19.  

You can call it whatever you want.
Link Posted: 6/5/2020 5:07:24 PM EDT
[#17]
Well regardless of what it is people will buy them when they’re available because they’re limited and rare.

Like it or not Glock has the special sauce for selling everything they make especially in 9mm
Link Posted: 6/5/2020 6:07:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 6/5/2020 10:46:51 PM EDT
[#19]
I don't like the shorter recoil spring with the 17 length slide.  Defeats most of the purpose of the 17 length slide.
Link Posted: 6/6/2020 6:02:28 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Probably have a whole bunch they need to get rid of now that CBP isn't buying nearly as many 47s compared to 19s
View Quote

Yep...

From what I heard, BP was given the option between the 47 and 19. Think it is either issued or an option for AMO/SRT/BORTAC.

The biggest division of CBP, OFO, was issued the 19 across the board. So, the gun built for CBP isn’t even an option for most. When they went over the gun, we were told that it will be publicly released when Glock gets them (entire contract) in out hands.

Most likely will go with the 19, since it is pretty much the same dimensions as the H&K P2000 that we had. A 19.5 MOS is what’s in our holsters... with longer base plates. At first, I didn’t think I’d like them... but they do give a nice grip to yank out a magazine, without that cut from the 19M. Due to COVID, the transition has been slow with small classes, but one officer in my group, who isn’t a great shooter, did marginally better with the Glock.

Personally, I rather have the 47. I also rather have a weapon light, but that is a port specific thing... and some are really fighting it.
Link Posted: 6/6/2020 8:24:09 AM EDT
[#21]
I still can't understand why OFO went with the 19 as a duty weapon. They had the 17, why not the 47 now?  

Is this a case of BP playing the MARPAT game?  Or did some 15 at HQ think it'd be more comfortable to sit at a desk all day with the 19?
Link Posted: 6/6/2020 11:20:05 AM EDT
[#22]
OFO didn’t have the 17... unless it was in the period between absorbing US Customs and INS and going with the H&K. Only time I see the 17 (along with the 26) authorized is limited use outside the US.

Equipment decisions for OFO aren’t decided by BP... so it was OFO who decided. It should have been an option, since some officers do have larger hands (FBI does that, for example). Probably came down to easier to ship one gun out to every port, than say X 19s and Y 47s.

But I’m also not a fan of compact duty guns. If I’m carrying it in a holster, get the extra two rounds, more grip, longer sight radius, higher velocity...
Link Posted: 6/6/2020 1:46:40 PM EDT
[#23]
OFO didn't have a G17?

What do you think USCS issued prior to the merger?  How about to CBPOs from 2003 through FY 2005? ;)

It was the G17... I mean, if you want to get technical OFO didn't exist until what, 2008?  But legacy CIs and CBPOs were issued the G17 for years.

ETA: INS issued the USP-C after the 96, before the merger...
Link Posted: 6/7/2020 10:06:25 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
OFO didn’t have the 17... unless it was in the period between absorbing US Customs and INS and going with the H&K. Only time I see the 17 (along with the 26) authorized is limited use outside the US.

Equipment decisions for OFO aren’t decided by BP... so it was OFO who decided. It should have been an option, since some officers do have larger hands (FBI does that, for example). Probably came down to easier to ship one gun out to every port, than say X 19s and Y 47s.

But I’m also not a fan of compact duty guns. If I’m carrying it in a holster, get the extra two rounds, more grip, longer sight radius, higher velocity...
View Quote

Quoted:
OFO didn't have a G17?

What do you think USCS issued prior to the merger?  How about to CBPOs from 2003 through FY 2005? ;)

It was the G17... I mean, if you want to get technical OFO didn't exist until what, 2008?  But legacy CIs and CBPOs were issued the G17 for years.

ETA: INS issued the USP-C after the 96, before the merger...
View Quote

I joined USCS in 1999, was issued a brand new G17 and carried it for over ten years.  
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top