Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/12/2024 5:50:34 PM EDT
Local toy store has a new Performance Center Shield 2.0 with a four inch barrel.

Anyone have any experience with this model ?   Don't want the standard 3.1 inch model.

Will be used as my EDC -- and I carry everywhere every day.  Current EDC is a Commander size 1911 - and I have zero issues with concealment.  

Thanks !
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 2:12:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: patw] [#1]
I had one and it was an excellent shooter. I really like what S&W did with the fiber optic sights on the gun, in that they put the green on the front and red in the rear. For me, it is a game changer and it is much easier to see the green in front than guns I have with a red front sight. I was going to use it for ccw but wound up getting a 2.0 Plus and was amazed at how much better the trigger was on the Plus model. I only say that as the 2.0 guns have an excellent trigger and I didn't think it could get any better for me. The downside is the capacity for me as the 4" Shield I had is not much slimmer than the Plus. If it is a "Plus" model you are looking at, you will have the best of all worlds.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 5:19:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RangeToy] [#2]
I EDC mine and no complaints or problems. Very easy to shoot & very accurate.
I did swap the FO sights for tritium.
Mine is the Plus PC, though. I'd hold out for that unless the one you're looking at is a great deal.

I also have a 3.1" barrel shield plus. I put a Faxon threaded barrel & comp on it. Definitely helped.
Link Posted: 5/24/2024 5:48:05 PM EDT
[#3]
I have one, great little pistol.
Link Posted: 5/25/2024 1:59:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Did you get it OP?

I've had mine for a bunch of years and always loved shooting it. It's very accurate, very reliable and carries well. I have a few of the 3" Gen1 Shields as well, but prefer the 4" for the added velocity, plus it has a better trigger.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top