Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/3/2024 2:50:16 PM EDT
So when this was launched, they said a civilian version for other pistols / optics footprints would be released later. Do we think they were talking about the romeo x pro, or is something else coming down the pipe?
Link Posted: 3/3/2024 10:11:37 PM EDT
[#1]
It's the Romeo X Pro. They mention it in videos.

Annoying, since people expected a closed emitter.
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 8:44:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3ACR_Scout] [#2]
I’ve said this before - and I really don’t know jack about optic design - but I think SIG’s current optics footprint doesn’t allow them to make an enclosed emitter pistol optic the size of the Romeo-M17 for the civilian market. I think the size of the Romeo-M17 window requires the optic housing to be too long to fit in the space limitations created by the DPP or RMR mounting holes, unless they use screws from underneath or switch to capstan screws like the RCR, which would probably raise the “floor” of the optic window. The single screw under the rear iron sights on the military M17 / M18 maximizes the room SIG had to work with to create a optic housing about the size of the ACRO but with a larger window that sits lower. Even the X Series rear sights with the two screws that secure the cover plate from underneath would offer a little more room to create a civilian version of the Romeo-M17, but when they moved to the separate cover plate with screws that insert from the top, I think it precluded them from directly translating the Romeo-M17 design into an enclosed civilian version.

I’d like to see them sell a black Romeo-M17 / black military M17 / M18 slide combination to the civilian market to allow us to easily convert to this awesome optic for HD / carry use. I’d buy one of each right now (although it would break the bank).
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 10:10:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SilasB] [#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 3ACR_Scout:
I'd like to see them sell a black Romeo-M17 / black military M17 / M18 slide combination to the civilian market to allow us to easily convert to this awesome optic for HD / carry use. I'd buy one of each right now (although it would break the bank).
View Quote

As a veteran, you have access to the black slide, black optic version, thru your preferred LEO/MIL/First Responder outlet. We'll see the guns in April, supposedly. Not sure when slide/optic packages will ship.

I'm sure the black gun will end up on the commercial side at some point, either as a TALO gun or something direct from Sig.

The full gun will be the better buy given the extras (FCU, barrel, guide rod/spring, grip, mags), but neither is cheap.

Link Posted: 3/4/2024 10:42:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By SilasB:

As a veteran, you have access to the black slide, black optic version, thru your preferred LEO/MIL/First Responder outlet. We'll see the guns in April, supposedly. Not sure when slide/optic packages will ship.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
I'd like to see them sell a black Romeo-M17 / black military M17 / M18 slide combination to the civilian market to allow us to easily convert to this awesome optic for HD / carry use. I'd buy one of each right now (although it would break the bank).

There’s a black version of the Romeo-M17? That’s the first I’ve heard of that. I’ve only see the talk about complete slides coming with the Romeo-X Pro already mounted.
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 12:28:20 PM EDT
[#5]

There's a black version of the Romeo-M17? That's the first I've heard of that. I've only see the talk about complete slides coming with the Romeo-X Pro already mounted.
View Quote

Sure.  Going into service w/ at least two agencies that I know of and certainly more in the future.  

Part nos:

WM17-9-PRO-BLK-RM17
WM18-9-PRO-BLK-RM17

WSLIDE-M17-BLK-9-RM17
WSLIDE-M18-BLK-9-RM17

The 320s and 365s w/ Romeo-X part numbers end in -RXX.
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 1:53:32 PM EDT
[#6]

There’s a black version of the Romeo-M17? That’s the first I’ve heard of that. I’ve only see the talk about complete slides coming with the Romeo-X Pro already mounted.
View Quote

Yes. My LE agency will be getting them here soon when we switch to the sig M18X in all black
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 5:21:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3ACR_Scout] [#7]
Sure.  Going into service w/ at least two agencies that I know of and certainly more in the future.
View Quote

Originally Posted By JohnMH92:
Yes. My LE agency will be getting them here soon when we switch to the sig M18X in all black
View Quote

That’s great news, thanks for the info! I’ll contact Proven Arms to see if they have the ability to order the slides. I’m guessing the complete pistols are going to come without the manual safety, like the M17X / M18X. I plan to stick with the safety so will have to assemble my own pistol.

Just FYI for those of you that are fielding them, I have a Safariland 6390RDS for my M17 with Romeo-M17 and found that the optic gets hung up on the underside of the flip-up optic cover on the holster when I draw. The top rear corners of the optic are pretty square, and they get caught on the lip on the inside of the optic cover. I don’t have the Glock version of the holster, but I’ve never heard of it being a problem with Glocks and RMRs. From what I’ve seen, the RMR just knocks the optic cover open when you draw. I have to either rock the M17 back a little as I draw or pop the cover open with my thumb before I release the ALS (not ideal) to prevent the optic from hanging up. I’m going to try rounding off the lip on the inside of the optic cover a bit to see if it fixes the issue. Last resort will be to remove the optic cover, which I’d prefer not to have to do.
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 6:23:56 PM EDT
[#8]

That's great news, thanks for the info! I'll contact Proven Arms to see if they have the ability to order the slides. I'm guessing the complete pistols are going to come without the manual safety, like the M17X / M18X. I plan to stick with the safety so will have to assemble my own pistol.
View Quote

No magwell either, but as w/ the MS, can be added.

Link Posted: 3/4/2024 6:35:37 PM EDT
[#9]
No magwell either, but as w/ the MS, can be added.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/408302/M17PROBLK-3149354.png
View Quote

That looks awesome, but I’ll bet it doesn’t come with the cutout in the FCU for the manual safety. That’s how the M17X / M18X are. Probably would require an agency to specify that they wanted the manual safety.
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 7:42:16 PM EDT
[#10]
....well, supposedly they were goong to streamline to  one FCU, with the safety cutout. Then they could be built out to either spec.  

No idea if that ever happened, guess I should peek under the hood of some more recent guns.
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 8:51:38 PM EDT
[#11]
They make the tan xcarry with the manual safety cutoutAttachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 9:03:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3ACR_Scout] [#12]
....well, supposedly they were goong to streamline to  one FCU, with the safety cutout. Then they could be built out to either spec.  

No idea if that ever happened, guess I should peek under the hood of some more recent guns.
View Quote

I posted about that here after hearing the same thing. It doesn’t seem like anyone has been able to confirm that SIG is actually doing it. I’ll bump that thread back up to see if people can check recently purchased pistols.

P320 FCUs Cut for Manual Safety?

Another member shared photos of an M18X FCU here showing that it lacks the safety cutout in the FCU.

Originally Posted By Soxfan:
They make the tan xcarry with the manual safety cutouthttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/198919/IMG_7227_jpeg-3149496.JPG
View Quote

I was referring to the cutout in the metal housing for the fire control unit (FCU) that is needed for the manual safety. There have been rumors that SIG was going to standardize on one FCU that would include the safety cutout, which would allow people to add it if they wanted. So far, it doesn’t appear that they’ve done that. There’s a company that will add the cut for you and an aftermarket jig that you can use to do it yourself, but either option will technically void the SIG warranty, so I’d prefer to have a factory FCU that has the cutout already.
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 9:16:30 PM EDT
[#13]

I posted about that here after hearing the same thing. It doesn’t seem like anyone has been able to confirm that SIG is actually doing it. I’ll bump that thread back up to see if people can check recently purchased pistols.

Another member shared photos of an M18X FCU here showing that it lacks the safety cutout in the FCU.

I was referring to the cutout in the metal housing for the fire control unit (FCU) that is needed for the manual safety. There have been rumors that SIG was going to standardize one on FCU that would have include rhe safety cutout, which would allow people to add it if they wanted. So far, it doesn’t appear that they’ve done that. There’s a company that will add the cut for you and an aftermarket jig that you can use to do it yourself, but either option will technically void the SIG warranty, so I’d prefer to have a factory FCU that has the cutout already.
View Quote

Ahh, copy that. I missed that part
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 4:34:04 PM EDT
[#14]

Part nos:

WM17-9-PRO-BLK-RM17
WM18-9-PRO-BLK-RM17

WSLIDE-M17-BLK-9-RM17
WSLIDE-M18-BLK-9-RM17
View Quote

Proven Arms said their price is $899 for the slides with Romeo-M17, available in both black and coyote. I thought was pretty reasonable for LE/MIL pricing, so I backordered the black M18 version. They said they have no info about when SIG will start shipping them.

The complete pistols with Romeo-M17 haven’t been released by SIG for sale yet, so no info about when those will ship either.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 5:37:34 PM EDT
[#15]

Proven Arms said their price is $899 for the slides with Romeo-M17, available in both black and coyote. I thought was pretty reasonable for LE/MIL pricing, so I backordered the black M18 version. They said they have no info about when SIG will start shipping them.

The complete pistols with Romeo-M17 haven’t been released by SIG for sale yet, so no info about when those will ship either.
View All Quotes

Part nos:

WM17-9-PRO-BLK-RM17
WM18-9-PRO-BLK-RM17

WSLIDE-M17-BLK-9-RM17
WSLIDE-M18-BLK-9-RM17

I have seen the M17X and M18X at one dealer and Sportsmans Warehouse has them listed in their ad.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 9:12:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By sierra-def:
I have seen the M17X and M18X at one dealer and Sportsmans Warehouse has them listed in their ad.
View Quote

Sorry, I should have been more clear about that. It’s the complete black pistols with black Romeo-M17 that they haven’t released yet, apparently.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 11:50:14 PM EDT
[#17]

Sorry, I should have been more clear about that. It’s the complete black pistols with black Romeo-M17 that they haven’t released yet, apparently.
View All Quotes

Ahh gotcha
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 8:24:49 PM EDT
[#18]
Fun with Sig's ever increasing product lineup and naming conventions.  M17 PRO and M18 PRO (currently LEO naming scheme - PRO) versus M17X and M18X and definitely not to be confused with PRO CUT.
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 8:55:51 PM EDT
[#19]

View All Quotes

I posted about that here after hearing the same thing. It doesn't seem like anyone has been able to confirm that SIG is actually doing it. I'll bump that thread back up to see if people can check recently purchased pistols.

I was referring to the cutout in the metal housing for the fire control unit (FCU) that is needed for the manual safety. There have been rumors that SIG was going to standardize one on FCU that would have include rhe safety cutout, which would allow people to add it if they wanted. So far, it doesn't appear that they've done that. There's a company that will add the cut for you and an aftermarket jig that you can use to do it yourself, but either option will technically void the SIG warranty, so I'd prefer to have a factory FCU that has the cutout already.

I got an m18x about 3 weeks ago, no manual safety cut. I've cut a couple my self, but sent off this FCU to be cut.

absolutely love the slide optic set up, addd the pmm micro comp and a Brouwer grip module. Perfection.
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 8:36:25 PM EDT
[#20]

View All Quotes

Part nos:

WM17-9-PRO-BLK-RM17
WM18-9-PRO-BLK-RM17

WSLIDE-M17-BLK-9-RM17
WSLIDE-M18-BLK-9-RM17

I said that to my manager about using the M17x picture but not having them in stock. (work at Sportsmans)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top