BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 46
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 1:54:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 3one5:
Picked up a new platform for my Fauxland, just need another RMR.

https://i.imgur.com/gXydYLu.jpg
View Quote

Metal-framed Roland Specials are best Roland Specials

Is that the OZ9C with the fullsize grip module?
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 2:08:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 12:38:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sconnieVLP] [#3]
Originally Posted By AliasSLH:
do you have a kkm setup?

View Quote

My 19.4 with KKM setup and stock springs runs cheap 115gr like a sewing machine.
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 12:39:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By sconnieVLP:

My 19.4 with KKM setup and stock springs runs cheap 115gr like a sewing machine.
View Quote
Lucky, though I've only tried 115 blazer w/ mine it did not like it at all.
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 4:22:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By LsuJon:
View Quote

115gr Blazer Brass is the bulk of my stash so I’m glad it runs well through my Fauxland.
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 4:25:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Attachment Attached File

Roland Gone Gucci
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 7:57:39 PM EDT
[#7]
View Quote

Is there a discussion for ammo choice for kkm roland specials?

and be specific for generation, type of ammo, g19 length barrel and such?
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 12:45:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3one5] [#8]
Originally Posted By Rudukai13:

Metal-framed Roland Specials are best Roland Specials

Is that the OZ9C with the fullsize grip module?
View Quote

It is!  Absolutely love the setup!  Been wanting to go this direction since the OZ9 Compact came out.  I had been waiting for them to release the compact rail alone but grew impatient :)
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 12:46:07 AM EDT
[#9]

Nice setup!
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 4:08:07 AM EDT
[#10]

Any shooting video from anyone who has an OZ9 Roland?
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 10:38:21 AM EDT
[#11]

https://i.imgur.com/qllqlFf.gif?noredirect

Any shooting video from anyone who has an OZ9 Roland?
View Quote

I'll grab some next time I'm out.  Shot mine last weekend and was super happy with it.  Prior to moving over to the OZ9 I needed to run 124gr nato ammo for it to run properly.  After moving over to the OZ9 it functions fine with 115 bulk.
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 4:40:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: WTFShane] [#12]
do you have a kkm setup?

View Quote

@AliasSLH

Yes.

Sorry for the late response.
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 8:37:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Did some tweaks to the OZ9 Fauxland-

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 8:47:18 PM EDT
[#14]

View Quote

Huh. My 19.3/KKM wouldn’t run anything under 124.
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 6:43:09 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By BePhreed:

Huh. My 19.3/KKM wouldn’t run anything under 124.
View Quote

I had bought a few cases of 124gr in anticipation of getting that pistol put together, but forgot to grab it for a range trip and only brought 115gr. Tried in my Fauxland and was pleasantly surprised at how well it ran.
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 8:32:50 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Airborne_Infantryman:
Did some tweaks to the OZ9 Fauxland-

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/241023/20210202_155406-01_jpeg-1813907.JPG
View Quote

MOAR OZ9 ROLANDS
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 9:51:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: -KentuckyWindage-] [#17]

They are good looking I can not lie.
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 11:00:28 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 2:49:16 PM EDT
[#19]
I have done quite a bit of research before I even started my build and I am well aware I need 124g or 147g ammo or to change the recoil spring to a different one to run low pressure ammo reliably.

So in this time of BS and ammo issues I need help, I have built a g19.5FS Roland Special and I have a small pile of 124G ammo and an even smaller pile of gold dot 124g HP

KKM comp and barrel
Jagerwerks rmr cut irons forward
RMR06
X300ultra

Everything else is 100% stock, In order to run the trash ammo I can find what recoil spring would yall suggest I try so as I dont waste resources to see if its reliable?
Also What trash ammo have you found that can run in a RS of this kind? My RSA is as shiny as when I got the gun so I actually may run into issues with 124g nato ammo that I have.

I finished my build and the damn morons out there started hording ammo just to price gouge us later like we see now as they did with TP and hand sanitizer last year. So what are yall doing in this time of bullshit to keep your roland running now and in the event of full collapse what can I do?

I do know here pics required so I really hope the link works

https://img.mewe.com/api/v2/photo/zlm5GPXT1o0JifpUCsT3qzrfa-Pwh2c_OPV3oNB_epxgDhQcgNkXXDtxnPk/800x800/img?static=0

edit
ok so the image shows up in preview but clicking the link seems to work yet it doesnt show the image in the post.
View Quote

13lb worked with the low end 115gr ammo I had around.  I may go back up in spring weight now that I run it on the Zev OZ9 frame.  Seems to be a lot smoother and not need such a light spring even with the lower end ammo.
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 2:50:39 PM EDT
[#20]
Got the Agency magwell in a few days ago.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/338594/4293FD18-21AA-4712-A68D-ED64100292E8-1799265.jpg
View Quote

I really like the Agency Arms magwell.  Clean and functional.
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 5:47:53 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By 3one5:

13lb worked with the low end 115gr ammo I had around.  I may go back up in spring weight now that I run it on the Zev OZ9 frame.  Seems to be a lot smoother and not need such a light spring even with the lower end ammo.
View Quote
13lbs has been the sweet spot for me in terms of ensuring reliable cycling while providing enough return force to get the slide back into battery as it gets dirty and slows down.

Any lighter and I think you'd start to run into RTB issues, any heavier and mine didn't cycle 115gr range ammo reliably.

I've recently started to carry my Roland after being nervous about reliability in the past. Nothing has changed, but I've put enough rounds through it to feel confident at this point.
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 4:27:35 PM EDT
[#22]
Where do you suggest I get  different rsa's?

It's a g19.5

Originally Posted By 135Patriots:
13lbs has been the sweet spot for me in terms of ensuring reliable cycling while providing enough return force to get the slide back into battery as it gets dirty and slows down.

Any lighter and I think you'd start to run into RTB issues, any heavier and mine didn't cycle 115gr range ammo reliably.

I've recently started to carry my Roland after being nervous about reliability in the past. Nothing has changed, but I've put enough rounds through it to feel confident at this point.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/10/2021 5:28:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 135Patriots] [#23]
Where do you suggest I get  different rsa's?

It's a g19.5
View Quote
Mine is a G4 but I think the recoil springs are identical - I use an NDZ setup that essentially accepts G3 springs in a G4 sized and captured rod. You're giving up the 'dual spring' design in exchange for variable spring rates; I'm not aware of any G4/5 dual springs in variable weights. The springs I use are ISMI.

The 15lb spring was about 70% reliable with range ammo - my guess is that it would be have been fine with defensive loadings but I needed something that would run with any and all brass ammo. Lord knows I'm not shooting 200 rounds of JHP per range trip nowadays.

Small tip: I found that the 19x ejector helped substantially with kicking out spent cases; the factory ejector dribbled them out and that wasn't acceptable given the slower/less energetic slide velocity due to the comp doing its job. It's a cheap part that takes two minutes to install. If you remind me, I can grab the PN for you.

ETA: The 19x ejector may be the same ejector found in all 9mm double stack G5 Glocks, so please check that before ordering one. Don't wanna waste your time/money.
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 8:56:33 PM EDT
[#24]
Gat cat

Link Posted: 2/11/2021 7:33:45 AM EDT
[#25]
Kookoo

Originally Posted By 135Patriots:
Mine is a G4 but I think the recoil springs are identical - I use an NDZ setup that essentially accepts G3 springs in a G4 sized and captured rod. You're giving up the 'dual spring' design in exchange for variable spring rates; I'm not aware of any G4/5 dual springs in variable weights. The springs I use are ISMI.

The 15lb spring was about 70% reliable with range ammo - my guess is that it would be have been fine with defensive loadings but I needed something that would run with any and all brass ammo. Lord knows I'm not shooting 200 rounds of JHP per range trip nowadays.

Small tip: I found that the 19x ejector helped substantially with kicking out spent cases; the factory ejector dribbled them out and that wasn't acceptable given the slower/less energetic slide velocity due to the comp doing its job. It's a cheap part that takes two minutes to install. If you remind me, I can grab the PN for you.

ETA: The 19x ejector may be the same ejector found in all 9mm double stack G5 Glocks, so please check that before ordering one. Don't wanna waste your time/money.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/18/2021 11:57:56 PM EDT
[#26]
Any one have experience w/ a g34 w/ a kkm comp?
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 10:12:43 AM EDT
[#27]
View Quote

Chuck recommends against it.

9mm is too weak for it.

OK for a G35.
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 10:59:17 AM EDT
[#28]
View Quote

I stuck a TBRC comp on my 34 MOS once. All I had at the time was PMC Bronze 115gr. It worked but the brass was bouncing off the optic as the slide cycled forward. I think some hotter ammo, or maybe a recoil spring change, would have improved things but I never messed with it any further and wound up sticking the comp on a 19.
Link Posted: 3/9/2021 11:07:53 PM EDT
[#29]
Attachment Attached File

still forever searching for the magwell
Link Posted: 3/9/2021 11:15:47 PM EDT
[#30]
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/316069/F5196DA8-16F4-40D3-BD01-578112AB661D_jpe-1859333.JPG

still forever searching for the magwell
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/9/2021 11:25:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3one5] [#31]
Just ordered the rmr for my other slide!
Link Posted: 3/10/2021 6:14:53 PM EDT
[#32]
I did contact Raven Concealment about the Freya Magwell and they said production may resume in the future but no ETA... not holding my breath but I'm hopeful
Link Posted: 3/10/2021 7:16:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: -KentuckyWindage-] [#33]
I did contact Raven Concealment about the Freya Magwell and they said production may resume in the future but no ETA... not holding my breath but I'm hopeful
View Quote

Interesting...well I could use 3 more
Link Posted: 3/11/2021 12:11:51 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By -KentuckyWindage-:

Interesting...well I could use 3 more
View Quote
Yeah I'd pick one up for a gen 3...  even though I don't have a gen 3

I don't get why they won't do another run. I'd say the demand is there.
Link Posted: 3/11/2021 2:05:02 AM EDT
[#35]
I want to preface this by saying I intend no judgment or ill will when I ask this question:

Can someone explain the need/desire behind getting the exact magwell of Chuck’s original RS? Why does it have to be that precise? There are plenty of great, even arguably better magwells readily available on the market these days. What makes the Freya so special?
Link Posted: 3/11/2021 2:25:48 AM EDT
[#36]
I want to preface this by saying I intend no judgment or ill will when I ask this question:

Can someone explain the need/desire behind getting the exact magwell of Chuck's original RS? Why does it have to be that precise? There are plenty of great, even arguably better magwells readily available on the market these days. What makes the Freya so special?
View Quote
Simple answer is clone . Went through all the trouble and extra money to get it done by ATEI and I just don't wanna stray away on such a simple piece.
Link Posted: 3/11/2021 4:45:43 PM EDT
[#37]
Simple answer is clone . Went through all the trouble and extra money to get it done by ATEI and I just don't wanna stray away on such a simple piece.
View Quote

Fair enough. Clone builds aren’t really my thing but I get the desire
Link Posted: 3/11/2021 9:11:16 PM EDT
[#38]

Fair enough. Clone builds aren’t really my thing but I get the desire
View Quote

Then why are you hanging out in a clone build thread?
Link Posted: 3/11/2021 9:25:48 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By Xhado:

View Quote
In his defense it is also a "faux-land" thread, which pretty much means any comped RDS sight
Link Posted: 3/11/2021 9:53:51 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 3/13/2021 4:57:56 PM EDT
[#41]
What’s everyone running for holsters? Am I correct in thinking that they use any old G34 holster? So I’d just order a kydex for a G34 with X300U and optic cut?

I think I’m going to do a “fauxland” build with a G19X. Basically the ATEI slide work only (may not do the top serrations), PVD refinish, RMR06, KKM barrel and comp, and either a X300U or TLR-1HL.

I remember shooting a buddies Roland (pretty sure it was a ATEI package gun) a while ago and being amazed at how it shot, it shot noticeably faster and flatter than the G34.4MOS with RMR06, X300U, and KKM barrel (non threaded, no porting or comp) that I had at the time. I just recall not really caring for the length with the G19 grip since the G19 is already way small for my hands. I never put a comp on a 17 or 34 because I didn’t want the length or deal with finding holsters for it, but a G19X or G45 with a high quality comp’d barrel that fits in standard holsters is an idea I could get behind.
Link Posted: 3/13/2021 5:03:01 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 3/13/2021 8:50:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Rudukai13] [#43]
Originally Posted By Xhado:

View Quote

Stirring the shit, mostly

No actually I do enjoy seeing all the different approaches everyone has for building up a gun based on a particular concept while adapting it to their personal preferences/needs. I might not be a Glock or clone builder, but it doesn’t mean I can’t appreciate the work that goes into one.

I guess I’m less of a “clone of” than an “inspired by” kind of tinkerer
Link Posted: 3/13/2021 9:36:48 PM EDT
[#44]

https://content.invisioncic.com/r270761/monthly_2021_02/0EEAE921-D3FD-4D66-9A22-884A8F7BAAA0.jpeg.31d78efaa848c16f29ebbe3869b83781.jpeg

Stirring the shit, mostly

No actually I do enjoy seeing all the different approaches everyone has for building up a gun based on a particular concept while adapting it to their personal preferences/needs. I might not be a Glock or clone builder, but it doesn’t mean I can’t appreciate the work that goes into one.

I guess I’m less of a “clone of” than an “inspired by” kind of tinkerer
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 6:24:56 PM EDT
[#45]
Apologies for the Sig interruption everyone, back to Glock-based Rolands in the Glock subforum
Link Posted: 3/16/2021 5:04:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3one5] [#46]
Second RMR is in and installed.  Now to acquire the Long and Extra Long slides for the OZ-9... I suppose that means two more RMR's as well :/

Link Posted: 3/16/2021 5:06:05 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By hiih8r:
What’s everyone running for holsters? Am I correct in thinking that they use any old G34 holster? So I’d just order a kydex for a G34 with X300U and optic cut?

I think I’m going to do a “fauxland” build with a G19X. Basically the ATEI slide work only (may not do the top serrations), PVD refinish, RMR06, KKM barrel and comp, and either a X300U or TLR-1HL.

I remember shooting a buddies Roland (pretty sure it was a ATEI package gun) a while ago and being amazed at how it shot, it shot noticeably faster and flatter than the G34.4MOS with RMR06, X300U, and KKM barrel (non threaded, no porting or comp) that I had at the time. I just recall not really caring for the length with the G19 grip since the G19 is already way small for my hands. I never put a comp on a 17 or 34 because I didn’t want the length or deal with finding holsters for it, but a G19X or G45 with a high quality comp’d barrel that fits in standard holsters is an idea I could get behind.
View Quote

Correct on the 34 holster length.  I really like the full size grip.  One of the reasons I went with the OZ9 compact was the ability to run the shorter 19 length slide with full size grip.
Link Posted: 3/19/2021 6:29:54 PM EDT
[#48]
My Fuaxland

Gen 5 G19 MOS
Legion Shorty Comp V2
Overwatch Have Blue Magwell
Streamlight TLR1 (need to get another black on)
Kagwerks slide stop
GGP threaded barrel
FCD plate
RMR RM09
Link Posted: 3/20/2021 10:33:42 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By monkeypunch:
My Fuaxland

https://i.imgur.com/Ey4q6rn.jpg

Gen 5 G19 MOS
Legion Shorty Comp V2
Overwatch Have Blue Magwell
Streamlight TLR1 (need to get another black on)
Kagwerks slide stop
GGP threaded barrel
FCD plate
RMR RM09
View Quote

Nice!  How does it shoot?  It is happier with one load over another?
Link Posted: 3/20/2021 11:38:31 AM EDT
[#50]
Roland Clone and Friends.
Page / 46
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top