BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 52
Link Posted: 10/29/2020 12:38:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I was wondering about this as well. The analog Wheelers are in five inch pound increments, so not nearly precise enough to meet the specs listed on the FCD plate. The digital model is more precise but the bottom limit is 15 inch pounds, so too much for the plate. None of the gun shops around here have anything more precise than that either. I really hate to buy another $100 tool to use a couple times a year.
View Quote

Amazon Product
  • Includes 1-pc. 1/4 in. drive dual-direction torque wrench; Zipper case; Product manual with torque conversion chart

Link Posted: 10/29/2020 7:43:44 PM EDT
[#2]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was wondering about this as well. The analog Wheelers are in five inch pound increments, so not nearly precise enough to meet the specs listed on the FCD plate. The digital model is more precise but the bottom limit is 15 inch pounds, so too much for the plate. None of the gun shops around here have anything more precise than that either. I really hate to buy another $100 tool to use a couple times a year.

www.amazon.com/dp/B01M12284X

Is that one adjustable in 1 in/lb increments?
Link Posted: 10/29/2020 7:46:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Perfect fit on my plate. No movement at all plate to slide or optic to plate.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/29/2020 8:16:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote
It's pretty easy to estimate where you're at relative to the markings. I've done two RMR's and plates with it and I'm confident that I got the torque where it needs to be. I've also done several sets of grips on 1911's.
Link Posted: 10/29/2020 8:26:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I'm finally able to contribute. After following this thread since the beginning I took the plunge and bought a G5 17 MOS so that I could play with the plates.

Glock 17 G5 MOS
Holosun 509T
C&H 509T Adapter Plate
Ameriglo 429 Suppressor Sights

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/222364/Screenshot_20201021-125339_Gallery_jpg-1646699.JPG
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/222364/Screenshot_20201021-125551_Gallery_jpg-1646700.JPGhttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/222364/Screenshot_20201021-125533_Gallery_jpg-1646702.JPG

Fits in nice with my direct milled guns
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/222364/Screenshot_20201021-125048_Gallery_jpg-1646703.JPG
View Quote

How do you like the 509T compared to the others?  And where the heck did you find one?
Link Posted: 10/29/2020 10:32:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

How do you like the 509T compared to the others?  And where the heck did you find one?
View Quote

I love it! Crystal clear and huge window. I lucked up and saw Rainier Arms post they were in stock and had it ordered within 30 seconds. They only got 2 in.
Link Posted: 10/29/2020 11:46:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

The Wheeler has markings every 5 inch pounds, but you can set it between that and just eyeball it.  If you're off 1 inch pound it's not going to matter
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 10:38:44 AM EDT
[#8]
@Duffy

Just shot you an email sir regarding some screw replacements as well when you have a chance. Thanks sir for all the awesome products you make.
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 10:44:26 AM EDT
[#9]
Thoughts on whether or not I should include the DPP anti flicker plate with the FCD plate? I already have it so should I add it in there for cheap insurance or just leave it out? The RMR is an RM06 Type 2.
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 10:47:09 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
@Duffy

Just shot you an email sir regarding some screw replacements as well when you have a chance. Thanks sir for all the awesome products you make.
View Quote

Duffy is incredible. That is all.
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 11:22:20 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Thoughts on whether or not I should include the DPP anti flicker plate with the FCD plate? I already have it so should I add it in there for cheap insurance or just leave it out? The RMR is an RM06 Type 2.
View Quote
I think the 2.0 of the RMR resolved that issue.
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 11:28:03 AM EDT
[#12]
Trijicon's position is that if a user is unsure, then use it.  The rep I spoke with agreed that with our plate, a sealer plate is unnecessary, another rep one of our customers talked said he should use it.  So it appears opinions vary.

The feature in question is the plate's screw holes for mounting to the slide.  They're through holes, but they're populated with screws.  Screws aren't watertight, and these holes are contained within the sight's gasket, not outside where the gasket would keep water at bay.

The sealer plate adds a tiny bit of thickness to it, so small as to be irrelevant, so Trijicon's position is the one we've adopted as well.  If you think you need it, use it
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 3:53:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Torque screwdriver 2-40 in-lbs, Calibrated to +/- 6% accuracy , .2 lb/in increments , certified , lifetime warranty for only $59.
@triburst1
Link Posted: 10/31/2020 9:58:54 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

Nice!  Went with a 508T V2 for now in the C&H V4 Defender plate for now but I definitely want to check out the 509.
Link Posted: 10/31/2020 10:39:47 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

www.amazon.com/dp/B01M12284X

Yes, the collar has 1in/lb increments from 1-9 as you spin it to the next 10in/lb setting
Link Posted: 11/2/2020 1:07:36 PM EDT
[#16]
So it appears that the screws that come with the adapter plate for the Holosun 509T are meant for a Glock MOS slide. They’re a different thread pitch than what the Brownells slide uses. The screws that come with the Brownells slide are too deep, because they’re meant to mount an RMR or the cover plate. They block the notch where the Holosun attaches to the plate. Any ideas where I can find some that are shallower?

With all of the various combinations of slides and red dots, someone has had to special order screws? Is there a recommended site?

Link Posted: 11/2/2020 1:33:07 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
So it appears that the screws that come with the adapter plate for the Holosun 509T are meant for a Glock MOS slide. They’re a different thread pitch than what the Brownells slide uses. The screws that come with the Brownells slide are too deep, because they’re meant to mount an RMR or the cover plate. They block the notch where the Holosun attaches to the plate. Any ideas where I can find some that are shallower?

With all of the various combinations of slides and red dots, someone has had to special order screws? Is there a recommended site?

https://i.imgur.com/vbcYC4f.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/Ahg3p3r.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/PcWQ9I7.jpg
View Quote

Next shorter length (3/16")...

https://www.mcmaster.com/screws/head-type~flat/drive-style~torx-plus/length~3-16/

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/2/2020 2:10:25 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://i.imgur.com/vbcYC4f.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/Ahg3p3r.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/PcWQ9I7.jpg

Next shorter length (3/16")...

https://www.mcmaster.com/screws/head-type~flat/drive-style~torx-plus/length~3-16/

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/309598/WPC-Q-000005_12_32_07_PM_png-1665550.JPG

Thanks!!!!!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/2/2020 2:55:33 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

I included the DPP plate when I installed my FCD plate this weekend.

I thought I would get more screw engagement between the RMR and FCD plate than I did, but its more than I was getting with the MOS plate and the RMR never came off that so I think I'll be good.
Link Posted: 11/2/2020 3:37:13 PM EDT
[#20]
Got it zeroed at 15 yards over the weekend. The dot was centered and 5” low so it only took about 12 rounds of NATO ball and six rounds of Gold Dot 124 +p to get it dead on. Fired 150 rounds after and everything is still rock solid. I typically mark screws with a silver sharpie on all my rifles so I’ll probably do the same on the optic to plate screws here.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/2/2020 9:38:28 PM EDT
[#21]
Glad I found this thread... I picked up a Type 2 RMR 06 3.25 MOA last week and ordered the FCD plate over the weekend.  Can't wait to get it put together!  Lots of good info in this thread.
Link Posted: 11/2/2020 10:01:44 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

@triburst1

I've got the digital Wheeler Fat Wrench.  The settings do start at 15 in/lbs and can be increased in tenths.  If you set it to "LIVE" mode (reading live torque values), I believe it will show values starting at 10 in/lbs as you tighten down (which makes me wonder why you can't set it below 15 in/lbs.).  It also beeps as you get close to your chosen torque value.
Link Posted: 11/5/2020 11:43:15 PM EDT
[#23]
deleted
Link Posted: 11/6/2020 2:58:37 PM EDT
[#24]
@Duffy

How's the status on the new plate for the micro Glocks with the micro RMRs?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 11/6/2020 5:23:18 PM EDT
[#25]
The RMRcc plate we're doing first isn't for 48 or 43x, we have to get one first, and it's not easy to find.
Link Posted: 11/7/2020 10:39:28 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
The RMRcc plate we're doing first isn't for 48 or 43x, we have to get one first, and it's not easy to find.
View Quote

@Duffy
For clarification, you're saying that a 43x MOS is hard to come by? If so, I'll pick one up and send it to you if I happen upon one.
Link Posted: 11/7/2020 11:07:05 AM EDT
[#27]
That would help a great deal, thank you!  We can transfer the frame after we move to TX in a month or so, we just need the slide till then
Link Posted: 11/7/2020 12:01:32 PM EDT
[#28]
I have a Holosun 507c and would like to use an FCD plate, but there are numerous warnings on their website about not supporting the holosun.

Has anyone actually tried one and if so how did it fit.
Link Posted: 11/7/2020 5:55:41 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
That would help a great deal, thank you!  We can transfer the frame after we move to TX in a month or so, we just need the slide till then
View Quote

A gun friendly state!!  Long live the Republic.  
Link Posted: 11/7/2020 5:56:13 PM EDT
[#30]
I use a HS507c (not the v2) and a FCD plate. In my case, it works as it should. The fit between the sight and the plate was really tight. When I test fitted the sight and the plate, I turned the plate upside down and shook the plate. The sight did stay in place without any screws. Pretty awesome.  
Link Posted: 11/7/2020 8:17:06 PM EDT
[#31]
We stopped short of telling folks to not use any H sights with our plate.  507C works for the most part, but it has to do with the installation.  The sight to plate screws we supply with OPF-G, RMR are for RMR and SRO only, they don't work with H sights.  H sights ship with a long set and a short set of screws, folks have damaged our plates by using the long screws (i.e. torquing on the plates till they bend it), the plates are tough but not indestructible, they usually return to their original shape but some have damaged our plates to the point of no return.

We're generous with our warranty, but we can't cover things like this forever, I'd rather folks use our plates for what they're designed for, RMR and SRO.
Link Posted: 11/8/2020 1:48:47 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

Welcome ahead of time @Duffy! Hit me up for a beer if you end up in the northern suburbs of Fort Worth!
Link Posted: 11/8/2020 7:45:40 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

So a RMRcc plate for the standard 9mm MOS slide then.
Link Posted: 11/8/2020 9:15:41 PM EDT
[#34]
We're somewhere between Forth Worth and Dallas, Midlothian

We will not make plates for every sight and every handgun system.  Our focus is on LE and MIL with the OPF line.

Quoted:

Welcome ahead of time @Duffy! Hit me up for a beer if you end up in the northern suburbs of Fort Worth!
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/10/2020 5:26:18 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

So a RMRcc plate for the standard 9mm MOS slide then.
View Quote

Begs the question...why?  

Smaller window, smaller everything.  
Link Posted: 11/10/2020 6:54:08 PM EDT
[#36]
SUPER fast shipping from FCD

First RMR on a pistol so figured I would go with the parts everyone seems to recommend.  Stoked to get this gun up and running
Link Posted: 11/10/2020 9:34:55 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Begs the question...why?  

Smaller window, smaller everything.  
View Quote

Zero overhang.

It's only smaller width, height is the same when you consider the RMR's blindspot.
Link Posted: 11/10/2020 11:11:50 PM EDT
[#38]
OPF-G, RMRcc plate prototype will be ready here by the end of the week.
Link Posted: 11/11/2020 1:25:18 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Zero overhang.

It's only smaller width, height is the same when you consider the RMR's blindspot.
View Quote

Roger that.
Link Posted: 11/12/2020 12:05:52 PM EDT
[#40]
Attachment Attached File

Will be sending it to a large agency for testing and evalution that's already approved OPF-G, RMR, sending one to Tom Shields as well, he's the one that asked us to develop the OPF-G, RMR last year, OPF-G, RMR is what it is because of his input.

OPF-G, RMRcc incorporates the same front and rear fence, and tight tolerances found on OPF-G, RMR.
Link Posted: 11/12/2020 1:04:27 PM EDT
[#41]
Thanks for the update and again to those involved!!  
Link Posted: 11/12/2020 9:48:16 PM EDT
[#42]
Got my FCD plate in today and it is an awesome fit to the rmr.  A little “gritty” from the phosphate surfaces mating and tight tolerances, but tight in a way that makes me smile ear to ear.  Awesome work @duffy.  

Gun comes in tomorrow to mount it all up.
Link Posted: 11/12/2020 11:50:05 PM EDT
[#43]
Ours is the middle part that has to accommodate the top (sight) and bottom (slide), both the top and bottom have their own tolerances.

OPF-G, RMR is black nitrided, the gritty feel is from metal to metal contact, the sight is probably on the + side of +/- 0.005 between the center of the lugs to the front radius/edge of the sight
Link Posted: 11/13/2020 9:26:47 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Ours is the middle part that has to accommodate the top (sight) and bottom (slide), both the top and bottom have their own tolerances.

OPF-G, RMR is black nitrided, the gritty feel is from metal to metal contact, the sight is probably on the + side of +/- 0.005 between the center of the lugs to the front radius/edge of the sight
View Quote

Yeah I didn’t mean that negative in any way. It’s awesomely machined, zero gripe at all.  Maybe phosphate was the wrong word for the rmr, whatever that finish is.  No bad pressure or anything mating them, just that perfect fit.  Impressed man, very nice implementation.
Link Posted: 11/13/2020 12:24:51 PM EDT
[#45]
Thank you

I take the opportunity to go in detail regarding the fit, and the plate's role and position that's made somewhat challenging because we have to deal with tolerances from both Trijicon above and Glock below
Link Posted: 11/13/2020 8:25:14 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Thank you

I take the opportunity to go in detail regarding the fit, and the plate's role and position that's made somewhat challenging because we have to deal with tolerances from both Trijicon above and Glock below
View Quote

It’s quite impressive when you think about it and how you are able to deal with it all.  I’m an armorer on a few systems and trying to explain tolerance stacking and variances of tolerances to some is like speaking a different language.
Link Posted: 11/17/2020 1:27:59 PM EDT
[#47]
OPF-G, RMRcc prototype turned out very well.  We're not into making things look pretty, OPF-G, RMRcc isn't designed to be pretty either, it's got a job to do and it does it with grace.  The narrower RMRcc means there is no overhang on the sides, our plate looks as if it were integrated with the slide.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/17/2020 1:34:13 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
OPF-G, RMRcc prototype turned out very well.  We're not into making things look pretty, OPF-G, RMRcc isn't designed to pretty either, it's got a job to do and it does it with grace.  The narrower RMRcc means there is no overhang on the sides, our plate looks as if it were integrated with the slide.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/781/IMG_5845_jpg-1688429.JPG
View Quote

Nice!
Link Posted: 11/17/2020 1:36:52 PM EDT
[#49]
We didn't mill the serrations to match those on the slide.  Doing so would add close to zero traction, but it will add cost.  Everything for a reason

1018 steel and black nitrided.  We've worked out the licensing with ZEV which owns the patent on the bosses (threaded or not) months ago.  Single piece as always.
Link Posted: 11/18/2020 12:17:08 AM EDT
[#50]
Looking forward to seeing OPF-G RMRcc ready for primetime.
Page / 52
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top