Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 52
Link Posted: 10/8/2020 8:20:55 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm sure we won't miss that one

We always recommend buying from our dealers, they're hard working and decent folks deserving of your support

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

@Duffy

Are you planing on a plate for the 43x/48 and RMRcc?

Thanks

View Quote

Link Posted: 10/8/2020 10:53:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

$60.86 shipped from ar15discounts.com with code "glocktober"

Get some other items, and shipping is free, so save $5.95

*Not trying to take away direct sales from Duffy, I love my phone dinging at 1am saying my order shipped when I ordered earlier that night

View Quote

I picked up 2 plates and a thanos lancer to get free shipping.  Amazon has ruined me
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 7:12:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
There will not be a Holosun OPF.  OPF-G, RMR tightly cradles the sight between its front and rear fences/recoil lugs, each H sight has slightly different lengths between the lug holes and front radius/edge, with each H sight different from another, we're not going to make 6 plates for 6 sights, or however many models they have.

That said, August and future production OPF-G, RMR does work with 507C as if it were made for it.  508T is loose on it, 407c requires fitting.  These are all v1s, v2 are different and we stopped buying H sights to see if they work.

OPF-G, DPP however, will see the light of day soon.
View Quote

I just signed up on the waiting list. I want to get in line for the DPP on my 34.
Link Posted: 10/12/2020 1:00:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Just picked up an OPF-G, RMR for my G45 MOS.  I must say, it is a quality plate.  I have 3 CHPWS RMR V4 MOS plates on my other Glocks which I bought because I could not find an OPF-G, RMR anywhere a couple of months ago.  That said, both are great quality, I am impressed with the customer service and participation by Duffy on this thread.
Link Posted: 10/12/2020 8:35:20 AM EDT
[#5]
My FCD plate is on the way for my G45 MOS and the 507C.
Link Posted: 10/13/2020 10:52:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Got my Glock 17 Gen 4 MOS set up with an FCD plate and RMR. I like this plate a lot. I'll be ordering one for a second gun.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/2261/IMG_3506_JPG-1626691.JPG
View Quote

Looks great!
Link Posted: 10/13/2020 2:30:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I just signed up on the waiting list. I want to get in line for the DPP on my 34.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
There will not be a Holosun OPF.  OPF-G, RMR tightly cradles the sight between its front and rear fences/recoil lugs, each H sight has slightly different lengths between the lug holes and front radius/edge, with each H sight different from another, we're not going to make 6 plates for 6 sights, or however many models they have.

That said, August and future production OPF-G, RMR does work with 507C as if it were made for it.  508T is loose on it, 407c requires fitting.  These are all v1s, v2 are different and we stopped buying H sights to see if they work.

OPF-G, DPP however, will see the light of day soon.

Where does one find this waiting list? I need a DPP plate in my life.
Link Posted: 10/13/2020 6:24:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
The May production OPF-G, RMR had tighter tolerances, which had the intended effect of making them a tight fit for RMRs and SROs, but given the +/- 0.005 tolerance between the lugs and the front edge radius, also had the unintended consequence of being too tight for more RMRs and SROs.

August production went back to the first (March) production specs, which again make OPF-G, RMR workable with H 507C and 508C, whereas the May units were not.

View Quote
Is there a way to tell if a plate is May or August production?
Link Posted: 10/13/2020 6:26:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Usually determined by when you bought it.  There used to be a 2 months gap between each production when they were out of stock everywhere, this is narrowing to a few weeks from now.  If you bought it recently, it's the latest production unit.
Link Posted: 10/13/2020 7:23:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Usually determined by when you bought it.  There used to be a 2 months gap between each production when they were out of stock everywhere, this is narrowing to a few weeks from now.  If you bought it recently, it's the latest production unit.
View Quote
I got one plate from you directly when you got them back in stock around the end of September and I just received a second plate from Primary Arms and they just got them back in stock the first week of October. I was just wondering since they came in different packaging.

Neither are bent.  
Link Posted: 10/13/2020 7:36:17 PM EDT
[#11]
We're doing even better QC to root out the ones that weren't perfectly flat, there was none that was malformed in the last batch.
Link Posted: 10/14/2020 8:05:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Wanted to give Roger a shout out.  I f'ed up my last plate and he sent me a replacement one no questions asked.  Got it installed today....holy eff that thing is in there TIGHT.  The plate itself is super tight, and the RMR is in there tighter than on an old slide which was milled for the RMR.
Link Posted: 10/14/2020 8:14:23 PM EDT
[#13]
OPF-G, RMR is meant to be tight to keep the sight immobile.  OPF-G, DPP is so tight, we had to loosen it up by 0.001 so accommodate Glock and DPP tolerances.
Link Posted: 10/14/2020 9:08:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
OPF-G, RMR is meant to be tight to keep the sight immobile.  OPF-G, DPP is so tight, we had to loosen it up by 0.001 so accommodate Glock and DPP tolerances.
View Quote

I meant it as a good thing
Link Posted: 10/14/2020 10:17:17 PM EDT
[#15]
I know

The risk in so doing is sometimes tolerance stacking happens.  Every plate that ships is tested on our G19 slide and RMR, still it can be too tight for some Glock MOS cuts.
Link Posted: 10/15/2020 3:32:16 PM EDT
[#16]
Forgive my ignorance, but is the current version for sale at primary arms for rmr/sro compatible with the Holosun 507C? Or are you making a Holosun specific plate?
Link Posted: 10/15/2020 4:08:17 PM EDT
[#17]
These are the new production units that should work with 507C, but bear in mind they're not designed for any H sights, we never meant for them to work with H sights, only RMR and SRO.
Link Posted: 10/15/2020 4:08:29 PM EDT
[#18]
Looks a lot like OFP-G, RMRcc

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/18/2020 3:36:59 PM EDT
[#19]
View Quote

Looks good!
Link Posted: 10/19/2020 7:30:14 AM EDT
[#20]
Need to pick up an inch torque wrench for this plate/screws. Any suggestions?

Thanks
Link Posted: 10/19/2020 9:47:40 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Thanks
View Quote
I use the Wheeler Fat Wrench.
Link Posted: 10/19/2020 11:42:08 AM EDT
[#22]
Fix It Sticks, so you can take it with you.

Link Posted: 10/21/2020 9:10:22 AM EDT
[#23]
Anyone using the continuous precision irons with a RMR in the MOS? Trying to get a lower 1/3 preferably. I have heard it’s better to have a rear iron that has a set screw given the coating and sliding out.

Sights I’m looking at.

ETA: coating on Gen 5s
Link Posted: 10/21/2020 11:11:46 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Anyone using the continuous precision irons with a RMR in the MOS? Trying to get a lower 1/3 preferably. I have heard it’s better to have a rear iron that has a set screw given the coating and sliding out.

Sights I’m looking at.

View Quote

I have a set of the Continuous Precision sights. I love the rear sight. Visually for me the squared off and serrated rear sight is better compared to the angled and non-serrated one on the Ameriglo gl429 set because it (the former) occludes more of the visually distracting data at least for me and how I see. Not to mention it cuts down on glare due to the serrations. My only issue is the front sight is maybe too short. It's a .290" on the tallest model vs .315" on the Ameriglo, the latter of which I've found to have a POI I prefer with impact just above the front sight. The CP front sight might give something closer to a 6 o'clock hold which I didn't care for. The rear CP sight is the same height as the Ameriglo (.394" total sight height) fwiw. I hate when companies don't post the height of both sights, couldn't find how tall the CP rear was anywhere. I'll post up some comparison photos when I get a chance

ETA: CP rear sight is on a G19 gen5 MOS with the FCD plate, Ameriglo on a slide milled by ATEI. Both slides have a .315" front sight

Link Posted: 10/21/2020 12:59:48 PM EDT
[#25]
I'm finally able to contribute. After following this thread since the beginning I took the plunge and bought a G5 17 MOS so that I could play with the plates.

Glock 17 G5 MOS
Holosun 509T
C&H 509T Adapter Plate
Ameriglo 429 Suppressor Sights

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

Fits in nice with my direct milled guns
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/21/2020 6:00:30 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I have a set of the Continuous Precision sights. I love the rear sight. Visually for me the squared off and serrated rear sight is better compared to the angled and non-serrated one on the Ameriglo gl429 set because it (the former) occludes more of the visually distracting data at least for me and how I see. Not to mention it cuts down on glare due to the serrations. My only issue is the front sight is maybe too short. It's a .290" on the tallest model vs .315" on the Ameriglo, the latter of which I've found to have a POI I prefer with impact just above the front sight. The CP front sight might give something closer to a 6 o'clock hold which I didn't care for. The rear CP sight is the same height as the Ameriglo (.394" total sight height) fwiw. I hate when companies don't post the height of both sights, couldn't find how tall the CP rear was anywhere. I'll post up some comparison photos when I get a chance

ETA: CP rear sight is on a G19 gen5 MOS with the FCD plate, Ameriglo on a slide milled by ATEI. Both slides have a .315" front sight

https://i.imgur.com/r5oEM5zl.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/sj2yEFCl.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/O76mEVcl.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/CCX0y34l.jpg
View Quote

This is very helpful. Thank you.
Link Posted: 10/25/2020 2:44:30 PM EDT
[#27]
What are the torque specs FCD gives for the mounting screws for the RMR and plate?
Link Posted: 10/25/2020 3:31:14 PM EDT
[#28]
13.3 inch lb (you can round it off to 12 to 13) for the plate to slide, 13 to 15 in lb for the sight to plate screws.

Link Posted: 10/25/2020 9:33:21 PM EDT
[#29]
Not only is it functional it also looks much better without the gaps in front and back of the rmr.
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/26/2020 7:46:23 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sights I’m looking at.

That is interesting, thank you for the explanation and pictures.

According to the continuous precision website, they offer front sight heights of .25 and .29 inches. I would assume that the rear sight also changes in height with the change in front sight Heights, when buying a package.

I have the Ameriglo sights, and I have been looking for back up sights that are a little bit shorter, as the milled Brownells  slide allows the red dot sight to sit a little lower than an MOS gun, and the ameriglo   sights cover up way too much of the window for my taste. The .290” set from CP might be the ticket.
Link Posted: 10/26/2020 3:36:38 PM EDT
[#31]
Made a change to my night time fun guns........ thanks FC!
Was interesting that one package came with black oxide fasteners while the other are maybe stainless? Doesn’t really matter to me just an observation.

Link Posted: 10/26/2020 4:30:38 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Made a change to my night time fun guns........ thanks FC!
Was interesting that one package came with black oxide fasteners while the other are maybe stainless? Doesn’t really matter to me just an observation.

https://i.imgur.com/ITwaeuR.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/E5xmLfX.jpg

View Quote

Reason you're going to P-1?  
What are you doing with your RMRs?  
Link Posted: 10/26/2020 4:39:16 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Reason you're going to P-1?  
What are you doing with your RMRs?  
View Quote

trying something different under nods, I tried a buddys p1 and liked it the other night.  I am going to list my rmr and plates in the ee shortly
Link Posted: 10/26/2020 4:51:46 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

trying something different under nods, I tried a buddys p1 and liked it the other night.  I am going to list my rmr and plates in the ee shortly
View Quote

@-KentuckyWindage-

IM sent re: RMRs
Link Posted: 10/26/2020 5:02:21 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

@-KentuckyWindage-

IM sent re: RMRs
View Quote

Replied
Link Posted: 10/26/2020 5:03:57 PM EDT
[#36]
Plate came in today. Looks like great built quality and it came with all four screws.

Now I just need an RMR!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/26/2020 5:23:30 PM EDT
[#37]
OPF-G, ACRO is made by our friends at Tangodown, and the screws came with the plates.  We specify steel alloy screws for OPF-G, RMR, we use them interchangeably sometimes, makes no practical difference
Link Posted: 10/26/2020 5:42:38 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Plate came in today. Looks like great built quality and it came with all four screws.

Now I just need an RMR!

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/34777/911330A7-C3A8-4138-AB11-2A09043802AA_jpe-1655110.JPG
View Quote

@triburst1

Look five posts up. He has one left.
Link Posted: 10/26/2020 5:44:46 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
OPF-G, ACRO is made by our friends at Tangodown, and the screws came with the plates.  We specify steel alloy screws for OPF-G, RMR, we use them interchangeably sometimes, makes no practical difference
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/27/2020 10:15:27 AM EDT
[#40]
After almost purchasing the chpw plate, I found out about the FCD plate. FCD being a Cola Warrior sponsor it was a no brainer. Found and ordered 2 plates yesterday.
Link Posted: 10/27/2020 11:04:32 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
After almost purchasing the chpw plate, I found out about the FCD plate. FCD being a Cola Warrior sponsor it was a no brainer. Found and ordered 2 plates yesterday.
View Quote

@mk4dubbin

How did you find out about FCD's plate?
Link Posted: 10/27/2020 1:36:04 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

@mk4dubbin

How did you find out about FCD's plate?
View Quote

Skipped to the end of this thread yesterday
Link Posted: 10/27/2020 8:43:14 PM EDT
[#43]
Are you going to make a plate for the Leupold DPP?
Link Posted: 10/27/2020 11:01:41 PM EDT
[#44]
Yep should be out in a few weeks.  Following our practice of supplying mounting screws, we'll include DPP screws with our kit, got a few hundreds from Leupold
Link Posted: 10/28/2020 7:35:05 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Yep should be out in a few weeks.  Following our practice of supplying mounting screws, we'll include DPP screws with our kit, got a few hundreds from Leupold
View Quote

Can you include better brightness controls for the DPP while you’re at it?
Link Posted: 10/28/2020 10:51:15 AM EDT
[#46]
The first prototype was so precise, everything fit perfectly with zero movement, we had to loosen it up

As evidenced by our experience and handling fitment issues encountered by customers, and this really shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone, tolerance stacking happens, and it's more frequent because we demand a tight fit on our plate.

On some Glock slides, the MOS cut is too short, and requires the plate to be fitted.  Once fitted, it's where you'd want it to be, i.e. immobile.  

As I explained in a meeting, many of the officers in attendance know the issues of OEM Glock MOS plates very well, they are also keenly aware of tolerance stacking, where one plate fits perfectly on many, but would be too tight on others, and of course the reverse is also true, where one plate is "loose" on some, but just right for others.  Among dozens of plates and slides that need to be fitted, it's easy to pick one that matches.

We've replaced a few plates that are in spec with plates that are loose on our test slide (we hold a tolerance just like Glock and Trijicon).  The plate is but an interface that gets sandwiched between the optic and slide, and is the part that has to deal with both above and below components we do not make and can't control.
Link Posted: 10/28/2020 9:04:06 PM EDT
[#47]
Impatiently waiting on my RMR...

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/28/2020 9:41:47 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
My FCD plate is on the way for my G45 MOS and the 507C.
View Quote

I had the opportunity to buy a NIB G19 with 507C and I'm so glad to hear the FCD plate will work! I'll get one on order ASAP!
Link Posted: 10/28/2020 10:07:57 PM EDT
[#49]
I'm thinking about not including a T10 key.  It is provided as a convenience, but OPF-G, RMR must be installed with a torque wrench using specified torque values, the included T10 key is handy but should not be used to complete the installation.

We'll carry Vortex branded torque wrenches instead of pointing folks to Amazon in weeks to come.
Link Posted: 10/29/2020 9:45:57 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks

I was wondering about this as well. The analog Wheelers are in five inch pound increments, so not nearly precise enough to meet the specs listed on the FCD plate. The digital model is more precise but the bottom limit is 15 inch pounds, so too much for the plate. None of the gun shops around here have anything more precise than that either. I really hate to buy another $100 tool to use a couple times a year.
Page / 52
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top