Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/19/2024 8:33:13 AM EDT
Just picked one up and put it in my Gen 5 G17, dropped my trigger weight from 6.5# to 4# and feels pretty dam nice. Was hesitant to get one as I never do any trigger mods to my gun but since it’s a Glock oem trigger figured I’d give one a try.

Link Posted: 5/19/2024 8:46:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Just out of curiosity, did you intentionally seek out the original GPT pictured or just happen into this one?
This one is the old model.  

74332 is the new one that comes with a standard connector installed and has a gen 5 backplate with it.  

For the record, I have used this trigger extensively after replacing the dot connector with standard and love it.
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 8:50:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By naes:
Just out of curiosity, did you intentionally seek out the original GPT pictured or just happen into this one?
This one is the old model.  

74332 is the new one that comes with a standard connector installed and has a gen 5 backplate with it.  

For the record, I have used this trigger extensively after replacing the dot connector with standard and love it.
View Quote

No, local shop had this and it was on sale so I grabbed it.
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 9:00:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Enjoy your new trigger.
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 9:05:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Enjoy your new trigger.
View Quote

Other than an included back plate what changes were made? Connector?
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 9:18:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: naes] [#5]
It comes with a standard connector installed instead of the dot connector.  
That results in a more firm wall and slightly heavier pull.  

They made some other change to prevent the shoe from contacting the frame while pulling the trigger.
Texaspo believes it was a spring change.  

He does a better job explaining the differences in this thread.  
https://www.ar15.com/forums/Handguns/Glock-GPT-Issues/13-213176/
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 9:35:33 AM EDT
[#6]
It comes with a standard connector installed instead of the dot connector.  
That results in a more firm wall and slightly heavier pull.  

They made some other change to prevent the shoe from contacting the frame while pulling the trigger.
Texaspo believes it was a spring change.  

He does a better job explaining the differences in this thread.  
https://www.ar15.com/forums/Handguns/Glock-GPT-Issues/13-213176/
View Quote

Thanks, didn’t know there were two versions as I never looked into these, just happened to see one at the local shop and figured I’d try it.

Link Posted: 5/19/2024 6:14:39 PM EDT
[#7]
I have two of the original GPTs installed (one in my duty gun and one in my off duty gun).  I actually installed the regular connectors in them because I liked the trigger feel better.

Glad to see the gen2 GPT comes with the regular connector.  Might grab one to try on some of my gen4s.
Link Posted: 5/20/2024 5:49:27 AM EDT
[#8]
Whats the reguler connector.
Link Posted: 5/20/2024 6:57:52 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By triaxle:
Whats the reguler connector.
View Quote

My guess the 5.5# connector that comes standard in most Glocks.
Link Posted: 5/20/2024 7:26:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Texaspo] [#10]
Finished off a training course last week, before the storms hit, 600 rounds, no cleaning or lubrication.  Worked flawlessly, no degradation or change in feel or performance.  

I've put over 1500 rounds through this trigger and pistol, and at this point, this is now my go to duty trigger setup for my Glocks.  

TXPO
Link Posted: 5/20/2024 7:51:53 AM EDT
[#11]
Bought one for my G47. Liked it so much I bought one for my CCW G19.5 mos. Both have been great.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/20/2024 9:16:41 AM EDT
[#12]
I got to try one over the weekend.

Was nice for precision, felt short and light.

Would not want for real world use, but that's just me.
Link Posted: 5/20/2024 9:26:36 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By JoeDevola:
I got to try one over the weekend.

Was nice for precision, felt short and light.

Would not want for real world use, but that's just me.
View Quote

FWIW, the revised version, #74332 has a standard connector and trigger pull weight is around 4.8  I would consider that just about perfect.  

If the one you tried was the original version, it has the "." connector, and is lighter.  

TXPO
Link Posted: 5/20/2024 9:42:12 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Texaspo:

FWIW, the revised version, #74332 has a standard connector and trigger pull weight is around 4.8  I would consider that just about perfect.  

If the one you tried was the original version, it has the "." connector, and is lighter.  

TXPO
View Quote

I checked the connector on the one I just got, original model and it doesn’t have dots on connector.
Link Posted: 5/20/2024 12:09:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: naes] [#15]
The part number on the box you posted implies it does.  

You are looking for one dot on the connector.
It will be viewed at the top of the connector on the side touching the trigger housing.

It isn’t always easy to see when installed.
You have to look somewhat low.
This picture is an older gen 4 with the dot connector in a standard trigger but the GPT will be very similar looking when identifying your connector.  

Link Posted: 5/20/2024 1:15:01 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By arjohnson:

I checked the connector on the one I just got, original model and it doesn’t have dots on connector.
View Quote

I can tell from your picture and the angle on the connector, it is a"." connector.  

TXPO
Link Posted: 5/20/2024 1:52:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: arjohnson] [#17]

I can tell from your picture and the angle on the connector, it is a"." connector.  

TXPO
View Quote

Ok I’ll have to look again. If it is and I change the connector with the trigger I took out, G17 gen 5 will it be same as current version 2 GPT?

Eta: upon looking closer it does have a dot connector.
Link Posted: 5/20/2024 1:57:36 PM EDT
[#18]
The G17.5 also came with a dot connector.  
Link Posted: 5/20/2024 2:12:51 PM EDT
[#19]
The G17.5 also came with a dot connector.  
View Quote

Well there goes that idea lol.

Link Posted: 5/20/2024 2:59:47 PM EDT
[#20]
Am I the only person in the world that doesn't mind a stock trigger?
Link Posted: 5/20/2024 3:09:02 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By arjohnson:

Well there goes that idea lol.

View Quote

You can find the standard 5.5 connectors pretty easily. Changing that will increase the pull weight and will give a more distinct wall at the break.  I'm not sure if they changed the return spring weight in the V2 or not.  I wouldn't know where to begin looking for those specs.  The only reason I suspect a return spring rate change is the V2 trigger safety tab doesn't catch on the frame like it did with most of the V1 models.  

TXPO
Link Posted: 5/20/2024 3:47:31 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By King_Mud:
View Quote

Nope, all mine have had stock triggers for the 30+ years I’ve been shooting them. Being this is a Glock OEM trigger I wanted to try one, glad I did, it’s pretty nice.
Link Posted: 5/20/2024 3:52:12 PM EDT
[#23]

You can find the standard 5.5 connectors pretty easily. Changing that will increase the pull weight and will give a more distinct wall at the break.  I'm not sure if they changed the return spring weight in the V2 or not.  I wouldn't know where to begin looking for those specs.  The only reason I suspect a return spring rate change is the V2 trigger safety tab doesn't catch on the frame like it did with most of the V1 models.  

TXPO
View Quote

I have a standard connector and just finished putting it in, as you said the wall feels better and doesn’t feel much if at all heavier on the break. As for the trigger catching the frame, I haven’t had it happen while dry firing and the only time I notice it catching is it’s already been fired, if it’s cocked it doesn’t happen even if I try.
Link Posted: 5/20/2024 5:03:00 PM EDT
[#24]
I have several of the first gen GPT and most net the same result that you describe.  

One of mine that I have installed on a G32C.4 catches frequently.  
I think it’s manufacturing tolerances.  

I much prefer the GPT with the standard connector and have one in my carry gun.  

I’m also 100% good with stock trigger as well.
Link Posted: 5/20/2024 5:32:17 PM EDT
[#25]
I have several of the first gen GPT and most net the same result that you describe.  

One of mine that I have installed on a G32C.4 catches frequently.  
I think it’s manufacturing tolerances.  

I much prefer the GPT with the standard connector and have one in my carry gun.  

I’m also 100% good with stock trigger as well.
View Quote

I like it better with standard connector.
Link Posted: 5/21/2024 6:49:52 PM EDT
[#26]
View Quote

It's what I'm used to from carrying issued Glocks for so long
Link Posted: 5/22/2024 7:45:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Texaspo] [#27]
View Quote

Nope, I don't mind stock triggers at all.  I just prefer the characteristics of the GPT V2. My 320's with the Legion Flat trigger was the one thing that I really enjoyed about them, and the GPT V2 with the Vex shoe gives me the same feel as my 320s, but in a Glock.   What's not to like....

TXPO
Link Posted: 5/25/2024 10:47:46 AM EDT
[#28]
I’ve shot nothing but Glock 19’s for the last 20 years with the stock trigger. Never gave any thought to upgrading. Same with my AR. After swapping in a SSA-X I wished I had swapped sooner. Sent me looking for an upgraded Glock trigger. Went with the GPT liking a factory option and only $100 to try out.

It’s so much nicer than the stock trigger I was surprised. The stock Glock trigger always felt like a spring that was binding before there was a break. Now I just have a smooth pull to a clean breaking wall. Really can’t believe they don’t come standard on all Glocks. It feels so much nicer and I do notice I’m shooting more accurately when I bump out to 25 yards.
Link Posted: 5/25/2024 5:29:51 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By dannynoonan:
I’ve shot nothing but Glock 19’s for the last 20 years with the stock trigger. Never gave any thought to upgrading. Same with my AR. After swapping in a SSA-X I wished I had swapped sooner. Sent me looking for an upgraded Glock trigger. Went with the GPT liking a factory option and only $100 to try out.

It’s so much nicer than the stock trigger I was surprised. The stock Glock trigger always felt like a spring that was binding before there was a break. Now I just have a smooth pull to a clean breaking wall. Really can’t believe they don’t come standard on all Glocks. It feels so much nicer and I do notice I’m shooting more accurately when I bump out to 25 yards.
View Quote

Went to the range yesterday morning and shot it for the first time, worked great and I shot it pretty goodI. l liked it so much bought a second one yesterday afternoon for another gen5.
Link Posted: 5/28/2024 9:52:09 AM EDT
[#30]
I had tried out the GPT when they first launched, and my biggest complaint was how light the trigger was. I tried using the + connector, but that was too heavy. Never thought to use the standard connector.

Just got the new GPT and it is wild how nice it is. Perfect weight. Just goes *click*. Probably end up swapping out my other pistol too.
Link Posted: 5/28/2024 7:14:28 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By AmateurHour:
I had tried out the GPT when they first launched, and my biggest complaint was how light the trigger was. I tried using the + connector, but that was too heavy. Never thought to use the standard connector.

Just got the new GPT and it is wild how nice it is. Perfect weight. Just goes *click*. Probably end up swapping out my other pistol too.
View Quote

Both mine are original models, put standard connector’s in both and now have a solid wall with both breaking around 4.5#.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top