Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 4/23/2021 7:27:43 PM EDT
I have been trying out some of the smaller pistols that I have for carry.

What are your thoughts on the 43 vs the 43x?

Is the 43 still worthwhile if you have a 43x?
Link Posted: 4/23/2021 7:57:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Sold my 43 to get a 43X, I don't see why'd I'd ever go back.  

Feels way better in hand and the Shield Arms mags make it game changer.
Link Posted: 4/23/2021 8:02:25 PM EDT
[#2]
I have both, but prefer the longer grip on the 43X.... when I ride my bicycle, I don't like to wear a cover up, so carry the 43 in pocket of my nylon fishing shorts in a Recluse 2side cargo pocket holster... most of the time IWB with a Tulster
Link Posted: 4/23/2021 9:28:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Between the two, P365.
Link Posted: 4/23/2021 9:39:30 PM EDT
[#4]
I found that I could conceal the 43 better than the 43x but I could shoot the 43x better than the 43.  The 43 ended up being sold.
Link Posted: 4/23/2021 10:20:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Dick Vitale says, "43X baby!"
Link Posted: 4/23/2021 10:42:02 PM EDT
[#6]
I got a 43 for $350 bucks from a friend via private sale (legal in my state!) and I am so glad I did because the 19 and 45 both feel huge compared to it, it’s fantastic when it’s hot, which is 10months of the year here. If it had been a 43x I’d carry that then, lol but I’m happy with it. Small and useful within immediate threat distance 10feet and in. Shoot it at 7-25yards to practice
Link Posted: 4/23/2021 11:35:22 PM EDT
[#7]
I have a 43. I decided to shoot a couple USPSA matches with it. I hated the mag changes so much I got a 43X.  To remove a mag from the 43 you need to open up your grip. This was a dropped gun waiting to happen. This is not the case with the 43X.

The 43X feels much better in my hand. Its grip is longer and a bit wider. It just feels right. That's partly/mostly a personal preference thing.

The shield arms mags are a great idea.  But I've not shot enough rounds through them to trust them.  

The only problem is concealing the longer grip of the 43X. I need a holster that does a better job of keeping the grip close to my body.  So I still carry the 43.  Once I get a better holster and shoot the 15 round mags enough to trust them, I'll complete the switch.

If I could do it over, I'd start with the 43X.
Link Posted: 4/23/2021 11:47:22 PM EDT
[#8]
G43 sits in the safe... G43X is my most common off duty choice

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/23/2021 11:57:41 PM EDT
[#9]
I have had both and prefer the 43X for the grip and round capacity.
Link Posted: 4/24/2021 4:10:04 AM EDT
[#10]
43X MOS with standard mags. Reading too many issues for me to trust the shield mags for carry and I don’t modify my carry guns outside of sights.
Link Posted: 4/24/2021 5:11:58 AM EDT
[#11]
Never had a 43, have a Glock 17 and 19. Carried the Glock 19 for years and years, replaced it recently with the Glock 43x loved the grip, and the thinner slide. Now bought a 43x MOS and am experimenting with all the bells and whistles.
Link Posted: 4/24/2021 7:28:55 AM EDT
[#12]
I still carry my 43 every day on my morning runs and as a backup gun to a Glock 19.

I have a 48 that I carry occasionally when I need something slimmer than the 19 for dress clothes. I can configure my own 43X any time I’d like but between the 43, 48, and 19, the 43X seems rather pointless.
Link Posted: 4/24/2021 7:44:03 AM EDT
[#13]
Both.

I carry the 43X in cooler weather and the 43 in hotter weather when I'm just wearing a t-shirt.
Link Posted: 4/24/2021 8:02:19 AM EDT
[#14]
There are literally zero circumstances where a 43 would be more desirable than the 43X.

edited - AJE
Link Posted: 4/24/2021 8:29:30 AM EDT
[#15]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There are literally zero circumstances where a 43 would be more desirable than the 43X.

edited-AJE
View Quote

This is Tech, not General, but the 43 is definitely more desirable for me than the 43X when it's hot. Shorts come out, 43X gets put away.
Link Posted: 4/24/2021 8:52:42 AM EDT
[#16]
43X or 48
Link Posted: 4/24/2021 8:55:11 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

This is Tech, not General, but the 43 is definitely more desirable for me than the 43X when it's hot. Shorts come out, 43X gets put away.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

edited-AJE.

What does my post say that required a tech v. GD comment?

I live in FL. I know hot and humid like nobody's business. The 43X carries invisibly with shorts and t shirt. I wear shorts and a t shirt for most of the year. Literally the easiest, most concealable pistol I have ever owned. There is zero reason to limit round count and grip quality for comfort between the 43 & 43X.
Link Posted: 4/24/2021 8:58:18 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I live in FL. I know hot and humid like nobody's business. The 43X carries invisibly with shorts and t shirt. I wear shorts and a t shirt for most of the year. Literally the easiest, most concealable pistol I have ever owned. There is zero reason to limit round count and grip quality for comfort between the 43 & 43X.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

edited-AJE.

"edited-AJE
Link Posted: 4/24/2021 9:10:06 AM EDT
[#19]
Agreed the 43x "feels" better in the hand, for me at least. The question I have is which holster? Definitely kydex and IWB but claw? No claw? Appendix? Right now I'm using an IWB Clinger.
Looking for opinions and advice. Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/24/2021 9:12:50 AM EDT
[#20]
I’ve had a 43 since they were first released.  I recently just picked up a 43x frame for it and don’t see myself going back to the small frame configuration.

It is a little less concealable but the grip feels way better.  I’m just waiting for the back ordered s15 mags to show up.
Link Posted: 4/24/2021 9:41:16 AM EDT
[#21]
edited-AJE
Link Posted: 4/24/2021 10:09:49 AM EDT
[#22]
edited.  Drop this, please. -AJE
Link Posted: 4/24/2021 10:15:06 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Nope.

My 43 is great for pocket carry. My 43X MOS is not. So I think that makes you FOS, brohiem.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Anyone who says otherwise is FOS.
Nope.

My 43 is great for pocket carry. My 43X MOS is not. So I think that makes you FOS, brohiem.

I didn't account for pocket carry. I personally don't ever do that. So I stand corrected. In the case of pocket carry, where carrying a gun in a pocket is more important than more rounds and an adult sized grip, the 43 would be.a better choice.

Link Posted: 4/24/2021 11:06:31 AM EDT
[#24]
I still have my 43 for the occasional ankle carry. Other than that, I switched to a 48.
Link Posted: 4/24/2021 11:09:21 AM EDT
[#25]
I carry the Glock 43 the most but also carry a Glock 48 or my Glock 42 depending on weather and where I’m going.   I have several Glock pistols and use them all as each fill a niche.
Link Posted: 4/24/2021 11:32:11 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Agreed the 43x "feels" better in the hand, for me at least. The question I have is which holster? Definitely kydex and IWB but claw? No claw? Appendix? Right now I'm using an IWB Clinger.
Looking for opinions and advice. Thanks.
View Quote

I wear AIWB.  

Even though the 43X is petite;
I had a few non-claw holsters for my 43X, I'd get some minor printing.
I prefer a holster with a claw to draw the grip in to my body.  Makes it completely disappear.

Currently using LAS Concealment.  
Probably gonna grab a Dark Star Gear Hitchhiker soon.  His claw isn't as pronounced and feels a little comfier in my full size holsters compared to LAS.

I never thought of pocket carry either.  Never done it, never had a desire to.
Link Posted: 4/24/2021 11:43:15 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

edited-AJE.
View Quote

That’s odd because I carry my 43 as my BUG every single day and the 43X does not work at all because of the difference in grip length.

edited-AJE
Link Posted: 4/24/2021 11:45:13 AM EDT
[#28]
I’ve been carrying the 43 for a few years now in warm weather. It’s a decent gun but the capacity kills it compared to others. I haven’t tried the 43X so I can’t say anything about them.

A 6 round mag made zero sense when Glock was competing against the shield. They should have given a factory +1.

With the new guns in today’s market I’ll take the Sig 365 all day over the 43.
Link Posted: 4/24/2021 11:49:50 AM EDT
[#29]
I got a good deal on a 43 so the 43 it is.
I either pocket carry it or have it on my ankle.
Link Posted: 4/24/2021 12:17:12 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

That's odd because I carry my 43 as my BUG every single day and the 43X does not work at all because of the difference in grip length.

I guess that's a minus one for your omniscience.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Anyone who says otherwise is FOS.

That's odd because I carry my 43 as my BUG every single day and the 43X does not work at all because of the difference in grip length.

I can't imagine under what conditions the 43X would pose an even modest issue due to its grip length.

If I can easily carry it concealed with shorts and a t-shirt, Id be interested in knowing what combination of clothing makes the 43X grip an issue.
Link Posted: 4/24/2021 12:26:56 PM EDT
[#31]
I chose the 43X because I like being able to get three fingers on the grip.
Link Posted: 4/24/2021 1:23:38 PM EDT
[#32]
I gave my son my 43 and bought a 43X. It's a lot easier to shoot with the 43X than it is with the 43. The only negative is the ability to conceal the 43X. I could wear the 43 with pretty much anything without it being seen.
Link Posted: 4/24/2021 1:26:16 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I can't imagine under what conditions the 43X would pose an even modest issue due to its grip length.

If I can easily carry it concealed with shorts and a t-shirt, Id be interested in knowing what combination of clothing makes the 43X grip an issue.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

edited-AJE.

Like I said, as a back up gun. As a second IWB gun with Glock 19 and spare mag, ankle carry, pocket carry.
Link Posted: 4/24/2021 1:37:49 PM EDT
[#34]
My youngest daughter who is very small has been carrying a 43 for a few years now.  
For her it is easy to conceal and she shoots it very well.  She practices a lot with it and likes Glocks since she grew up shooting my 19.
Link Posted: 4/24/2021 1:41:31 PM EDT
[#35]
Just picked up a 43x today under the Blue Label program.   Sweeeet deal!  $359.
Link Posted: 4/24/2021 2:15:44 PM EDT
[#36]
I have a 43, and if I sold it, it wouldn't be to buy a 43x.

But I won't sell it.
Link Posted: 4/24/2021 2:16:55 PM EDT
[#37]
I have refused to carry single stack Glocks.

But, I decided to stop being hard headed and at least
consider carrying a single stack.

So, I took the plunge and bought G43, G43X MOS, G48MOS
even if they sit in the safe. At least two will if not all three.

I have not fired them yet, but, for pocket carry, I'll think about 43.
I will shoot all three and make up my mind. Gonna need to be
very happy with one to unseat my G26.
Link Posted: 4/24/2021 2:30:40 PM EDT
[#38]
I bought the 43X first, the 48 second and the 43 last....bought eight Shiled Arms mags and the SA mag release, hate the SA mag release.  Does not work, mag was dropping on every round.

I think there is a point where small gets too small.  The 43 is nice, but I made it big by purchasing the Vickers Tactical and Strike Industries mag extensions, so it would feel better so I ended up with another 43X pistol.

Between the three, I like the 43X the best...The 48 is a play range pistol, the 43 stays in my back pack for when my wife and I are out taking pictures.

Bronc
Link Posted: 4/24/2021 7:44:09 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Nope.

My 43 is great for pocket carry. My 43X MOS is not.edited-AJE
View Quote

This exactly.

It is unfortunate Glock never supported the 43 with extended magazines.

Anyway, I now carry 48MOS with RMR.
Link Posted: 4/24/2021 9:34:30 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I bought the 43X first, the 48 second and the 43 last....bought eight Shiled Arms mags and the SA mag release, hate the SA mag release.  Does not work, mag was dropping on every round.

I think there is a point where small gets too small.  The 43 is nice, but I made it big by purchasing the Vickers Tactical and Strike Industries mag extensions, so it would feel better so I ended up with another 43X pistol.

Between the three, I like the 43X the best...The 48 is a play range pistol, the 43 stays in my back pack for when my wife and I are out taking pictures.

Bronc
View Quote

I decided if I want a choice, get all three and decide which one.
So, I went on hunting expedition and found them.

I went with the notion for small because if I need to really conceal,
small is the way. So, I accepted that rationale and collected them.

With "small" in mind for concealment, G43 all day in terms of size.

Here's the thing, I've never accepted aftermarket mags for carry
and most aftermarket parts for carry. So, if that's my rule, why 48
and not 19?? Same thought goes for 43 v 26 if concealment is priority.

The 43X feels better than 43, but I'm not looking for "small + feels better".
While I have not fired them yet, the chunky weight of 26 tells me
26 is gonna be smoother thus back on target faster b/c it's chunky.

And this notion emerges having not fired any one of these single
stacks I just acquired. I'm not auto-damming single stacks, but
immediate thoughts just gripping them.

If concealment is priority, 43 so far as I can tell. I wanted a pocket
gun and my 26 will work with denim or large coats
but looking for something to conceal more casually.

Link Posted: 4/25/2021 5:34:19 AM EDT
[#41]
I owned a 43 very briefly a short while after they came out. I bought it sight unseen because I thought it was going to be a 9mm version of my little Glock 42. I was wrong. The 43 was bigger in every dimension than the 42, and made absolutely no sense to me for anything. I kept the 42 and sold the 43.

Recently, I decided to try out the G43x after having owned a P365, and also as a guy who regularly carries a G17 with a weapon mounted light. I can honestly say that the G43x is quickly becoming my favorite Glock pistol. I say this having owned Glock pistols since 1998, and having owned the 17, 19, 22, 23, 26, 27, 31, 32, 33, 36, 42, and 43 before getting it.

I don’t do the Shield Arms magazine thing for a couple of reasons. First, I am perfectly comfortable with a 10+1 capacity having investigated a LOT of shootings over the years. Also, I don’t trust them based upon the handful of negative reports I have seen along with my bias against aftermarket junk in a defensive weapon to begin with.

I think the G43x is by far the better pistol when compared to the G43, and unless you are a soldier or cop having to carry a pistol openly in a duty holster... I like the G43x a whole lot better than the G19 too. We all have our own opinions, but that is mine. I love the G43x. I think the only other pistol that can give it a run for its money as a private citizen CCW gun is the SIG P365. Everything else is just an “also-ran” option to me.
Link Posted: 4/25/2021 7:02:17 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I wear AIWB.  

Even though the 43X is petite;
I had a few non-claw holsters for my 43X, I'd get some minor printing.
I prefer a holster with a claw to draw the grip in to my body.  Makes it completely disappear.

Currently using LAS Concealment.  
Probably gonna grab a Dark Star Gear Hitchhiker soon.  His claw isn't as pronounced and feels a little comfier in my full size holsters compared to LAS.

I never thought of pocket carry either.  Never done it, never had a desire to.
View Quote

Thank you! I'll look into those you mentioned.
Link Posted: 4/25/2021 7:39:11 AM EDT
[#43]
Bought the 43 right before the 43x came out, and see no major reason to switch. 6+1 is statistically adequate, and since weight is a factor in my ccw, extra rounds add weight as well.  Plenty of people carry 5 shot j frames and feel fine.  I shoot it well, and I'm happy with it.
Link Posted: 4/25/2021 7:53:34 AM EDT
[#44]
I have a 43 with TTI base pads and Mag-guts internals. So 8+1 capacity.

My 43 is considered my deep concealment gun, I carry it in a simple IWB at 3'o clock. The same location I would normally carry my G17.

I am sure if the 43x would have come out earlier I might have gone that route, but the 43 fits the role that I wanted/needed and see no reason to change.

I refer to my G43 as my purse gun, lol, it is the smallest firearm I am willing to carry.
Link Posted: 4/25/2021 7:57:05 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Between the two, P365.
View Quote
My 43 and 43X has never had a hiccup but my 365 went back to the factory for repair before I sold it. The 365 track record says speaks for itself.
Link Posted: 4/25/2021 8:10:41 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I still have my 43 for the occasional ankle carry. Other than that, I switched to a 48.
View Quote

My exact situation as well.
Link Posted: 4/25/2021 8:43:39 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Bought the 43 right before the 43x came out, and see no major reason to switch. 6+1 is statistically adequate, and since weight is a factor in my ccw, extra rounds add weight as well.  Plenty of people carry 5 shot j frames and feel fine.  I shoot it well, and I'm happy with it.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/25/2021 9:31:12 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
6+1 is statistically adequate
View Quote
So is not carrying a gun.
Link Posted: 4/25/2021 9:44:06 AM EDT
[#49]
43x would be my pick.
Link Posted: 4/25/2021 1:45:41 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
G43 sits in the safe... G43X is my most common off duty choice

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/86935/D3113C35-71E4-4321-9D86-DF8E4DD2C776_jpe-1916558.JPG
View Quote

This. I won’t get rid of the 43 but the 43x is the go to
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top