Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 4/25/2021 2:46:24 PM EDT
[#1]
I’ve been carrying and shooting a 43 since ‘15. I love it. Snappy, but disappears under a shirt and carries very comfortably AIWB.

I shot a 43X and a 48 and the 48 was softer shooting than the 43X, so I don’t have a 43X.

My 43 holsters are 48 length, so the 43X just doesn’t do anything for me.

I still carry the 43 most, when I’m going to deal with the bigger grip, I’m going to carry the 48 and have a better shooting gun.
Link Posted: 4/25/2021 5:42:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Never owned a 43 and never felt the urge to buy one, just always carried my Glock 19. But liked the feel of the Glock 43x in my hand and then when Shield Arms came out with the S15 magazines I pulled the trigger and got the 43x. After shooting it, I ended up switching from my Glock 19 for EDC to the Glock 43x. Love the grip and the thinness of it and the lighter weight. It just hits all the factors I consider important for me, especially the grip.
Link Posted: 4/25/2021 7:18:47 PM EDT
[#3]
I’d never carry a 43 if I had the choice. For my particular reason, I have giant hands.

For the obvious reasons, more ammo, more controllable, just as concealable.
Link Posted: 4/25/2021 7:49:20 PM EDT
[#4]
I never had a 43,  it I do have a Kahr CM9 which is about the same size.

Ever since I got a 43X, I never carry the CM9.

If I need to pocket carry something, I go with a LCP2 since it is even smaller than the CM9 ( I shoot the LCP2 better anyway)
Link Posted: 4/25/2021 7:55:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Always liked the G42 for a ultra-small backup and thought I’d like the 43 but could never get the grip to feel right (even with an extension).

The 43X feels exactly right — and shoots just as well. I’m not sure why Glock even offers the 43 anymore because it’s an inferior — and redundant — Slim Line offering.
Link Posted: 4/25/2021 8:02:24 PM EDT
[#6]
I bought a 43 before the 43x came out. It's my EDC.
Link Posted: 4/25/2021 8:07:37 PM EDT
[#7]
I still carry my G43 a ton because I can carry it almost all the time and anywhere with little effort. I do love my G43X but most of the time I still grab my G43. I also run with it every morning too.
Link Posted: 4/25/2021 8:11:08 PM EDT
[#8]
It's interesting that anyone would find it difficult to carry the 43X.
Link Posted: 4/25/2021 8:14:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

I find it interesting that anyone chooses it over the 48.  

I see zero merit to a short slide and long grip configuration.
Link Posted: 4/25/2021 8:18:58 PM EDT
[#10]
I carry the 43 because I'm small framed and I like to carry OWB. I also have girly hands, and the 43X doesn't fit me as well either.

The 43 worn OWB is so damn comfy that I always have it with me. I think most average size people would probably be better served

with the 43X, though. Those six rounds go really fast. I always carry 2 backup mags.
Link Posted: 4/25/2021 8:24:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote
I typically don't either (I sold my 45), but, in this case, I figured that if I was going with a smaller gun, I'd go with a smaller gun. The 48 is the same size as a 19 just slimmer so why not just carry a 19. If I was going to carry a 19, I would just carry a 17 which I do. The 48 is kind of pointless to me.

All of this doesn't have anything to do with what I said, though. I don't see how anyone could find the 43X difficult to carry.
Link Posted: 4/25/2021 8:25:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Pro tip:

If you have a 43 already, buy a 48.

You can mix and match top ends to make:
43x
43L*

*Seems like the logical name for this unofficial configuration
Link Posted: 4/25/2021 9:24:46 PM EDT
[#13]
I went looking for a 43X during this craziness. None were to be found. Then my favorite LGS called and said he has a 43 and if I'd like to get it. I didn't really have choice at the time, so it was an obvious decision to make.

I must say, I liked it way more than I thought I would. It turned out to be my gateway gun to appendix carry, and I am a fan of it now. I may end up getting a 43X or a G48 should I list my G20 for sale to fund for either or, or do a trade if it happens that way also.

I bought some Shield +2 extensions mags. The grip is much better now than it was. My Shield still shoots like a laser while this one is meh but good enough for 7 yards and under, which is good enough for me. If I need any more distance than that, then I am where I shouldn't be as this is for immediate self defense, not direct action. I like how the TRL6 is very clean with this gun, too.

Link Posted: 4/25/2021 9:53:26 PM EDT
[#14]
I have been carrying a 48 + shield for a little over a year.  Buddy sold me his 43 slide so I can have both.  I've never carried it.
Link Posted: 4/25/2021 10:12:56 PM EDT
[#15]
I still cary a 43 with Pearce +1 extension.  Way more shootable then the J-Frame that I carried before.  Having 7 + 1 vs 5 is a huge upgrade.

What I love is that it's light enough I can cary comfortable with gym shorts or sweats.  I don't think I'd get that with a 43X and 15 rounds.

My inner debate now is the 48 vs 365XL vs the new Shield.  I don't like the idea of non factory mages in the Glock.
Link Posted: 4/25/2021 11:14:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I decided if I want a choice, get all three and decide which one.
So, I went on hunting expedition and found them.

I went with the notion for small because if I need to really conceal,
small is the way. So, I accepted that rationale and collected them.

With "small" in mind for concealment, G43 all day in terms of size.

Here's the thing, I've never accepted aftermarket mags for carry
and most aftermarket parts for carry. So, if that's my rule, why 48
and not 19?? Same thought goes for 43 v 26 if concealment is priority.

The 43X feels better than 43, but I'm not looking for "small + feels better".
While I have not fired them yet, the chunky weight of 26 tells me
26 is gonna be smoother thus back on target faster b/c it's chunky.

And this notion emerges having not fired any one of these single
stacks I just acquired. I'm not auto-damming single stacks, but
immediate thoughts just gripping them.

If concealment is priority, 43 so far as I can tell. I wanted a pocket
gun and my 26 will work with denim or large coats
but looking for something to conceal more casually.

View Quote

Good thought process....

What I did not mention is the G26 is fnatastic and has been my carry for many years until the 43/48 series came along.  The 43X and 26 alternate for carry now...The 26 is so smooth and recoil is very managable....I an not senstive to recoil, but I am 62 and my hands do have some cramping and the recoil on the 43X is snappy and does hurt my thumb where the 26 does not.  But in a stress situation, this would not be an issue.  

I too am not crazy about non OEM parts in a carry pistol.  The only non-Glock part on my 26 are the sights and Pearce Grip mag extensions, rest of the pistol is stock.  The Shield Arms mags will be for the 48 range pistol, the 43X when carried is bone stock, with the 10 round Glock mags.  Does not even have aftermarket sights on it.  IF I had to do all over again, would not have bought the 43 nor the Shield Arms mags.   43X with 10 rounds is sufficent for me.

For the 43 I bought the Vickers Tactical, Strike Industries and Pearce Grip extensions...so I turned my 43 into s 43X with these mag extensions....what that says is I really like the 43X fit and feel, the 43 is too small stock and the 48 is an excellent range pistol with the Shield Arms mags...

I do not carry a second mag, I should, but I dont, but if I do, the SA mag will be the back up....

Bronc

Link Posted: 4/25/2021 11:30:16 PM EDT
[#17]
I'm starting to think that there are different school's of thought of what an actual pocket gun is. Mine is not a double stack, is a single stack, caliber can be a 9 but is more optimal for a .380 or a .32 because of the smaller dimensions making for an easier to conceal, easier to draw, pocket gun.

I'm also starting to think that people are more recoil sensitive than they realize or care to admit, because I don't find the 43 to be snappy at all.
Link Posted: 4/26/2021 7:57:31 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

It's not difficult, but being a trim guy, in the summer when I'm just wearing a t-shirt, I want as small and thin a grip as possible. Thin spare mag too. I'm just not willing to wear a t-shirt and a button-up/camp/Hawaiian shirt when it's hot out.
Link Posted: 4/26/2021 9:23:00 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

It's not difficult, but being a trim guy, in the summer when I'm just wearing a t-shirt, I want as small and thin a grip as possible. Thin spare mag too. I'm just not willing to wear a t-shirt and a button-up/camp/Hawaiian shirt when it's hot out.
View Quote
How much thicker is a 43X than a 43?
Link Posted: 4/26/2021 1:20:55 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

It's not, but the grip it a tad longer.

Even in athletic cut tshirts I don't have printing issues with my 43X.  My double stacks print a hair, not enough where I think an over shirt is necessary.
Link Posted: 4/26/2021 2:20:37 PM EDT
[#21]
I still have not ran across a 43x or 48 in the wild.  How does the grip length compare to a S&W Shield 2.0?  

I have a Shield 2.0 but I never ever carry it because the grip is too long in my opinion.  I can conceal my Glock 26 way better than I can the Shield. So if the 43x or 48 is similar in length, then I would not be interested.
Link Posted: 4/26/2021 2:26:05 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I still have not ran across a 43x or 48 in the wild.  How does the grip length compare to a S&W Shield 2.0?  

I have a Shield 2.0 but I never ever carry it because the grip is too long in my opinion.  I can conceal my Glock 26 way better than I can the Shield. So if the 43x or 48 is similar in length, then I would not be interested.
View Quote

https://www.handgunhero.com/compare/smith-wesson-m-p-9-m2-0-shield-vs-glock-g43x
Link Posted: 4/26/2021 2:40:22 PM EDT
[#23]

Hey that's a pretty nifty website that you linked! Thanks.  Looks like the 43x and 48 are even taller than my shield. That's a bummer.. Guess I don't have to bother searching for one, that's too long a grip for my liking.  If I have to try and conceal something that long, I'll just carry my 19 or my 1911.
Link Posted: 4/26/2021 3:46:10 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Hey that's a pretty nifty website that you linked! Thanks.  Looks like the 43x and 48 are even taller than my shield. That's a bummer.. Guess I don't have to bother searching for one, that's too long a grip for my liking.  If I have to try and conceal something that long, I'll just carry my 19 or my 1911.
View Quote

The 43X/48 is just a skinny 19...

It doesn't look like much, but that little slimming makes it feel way smaller
Link Posted: 4/26/2021 4:04:54 PM EDT
[#25]
43 in TREX sidecar

I don't see a point in a 43x since I can do a mag extension on a 43 and kinda get the best of both worlds.
Link Posted: 4/26/2021 4:30:38 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

The 43X/48 is just a skinny 19...

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/82036/Capture_PNG-1919911.png

It doesn't look like much, but that little slimming makes it feel way smaller
View Quote

I see that.  I see no reason to carry  a 43x or 48 then. I'll stick to the glock 19 or 26
Link Posted: 4/26/2021 4:53:49 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

The "outline" of G43 and G26 are close to same.

The grip length on G43X is a lil longer than G26 grip length.

The G26 is thicker than them, heavier than them too.

I can see why G43X is in direct competition with G26.
Same capacity for both.

The grip length of G43X is nearly same as G19's.

Of course, the G's 43, 43X are not as wide as G26/19 though.
Link Posted: 4/26/2021 5:01:34 PM EDT
[#28]
I still carry the 43 most of the time.
Link Posted: 4/26/2021 5:53:46 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I typically don't either (I sold my 45), but, in this case, I figured that if I was going with a smaller gun, I'd go with a smaller gun. The 48 is the same size as a 19 just slimmer so why not just carry a 19. If I was going to carry a 19, I would just carry a 17 which I do. The 48 is kind of pointless to me.

All of this doesn't have anything to do with what I said, though. I don't see how anyone could find the 43X difficult to carry.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Most people who carry IWB all day every day eventually figure out that short slide guns are are more uncomfortable and print more than a longer slide.
Link Posted: 4/26/2021 6:09:04 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Most people who carry IWB all day every day eventually figure out that short slide guns are are more uncomfortable and print more than a longer slide.
View Quote

I carry all day everyday and find what you're saying to be the reverse of my actual experiences with no printing.

Do you want me to carry uncomfortable and not want to carry? Or carry what is comfortable to ME and carried all day? You can't have it both ways.

Link Posted: 4/26/2021 6:28:21 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote
Don't you carry a 43?
Link Posted: 4/26/2021 10:39:16 PM EDT
[#32]
I carry a 43 daily appendix
The 43x is nice but the grip prints for my set up.
43 i can hide all the time regardless of what I’m doing
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 7:37:33 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The grip and mags are both longer and thicker enough that I prefer the G43 in warmer weather.
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 11:23:01 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

The grip and mags are both longer and thicker enough that I prefer the G43 in warmer weather.
View Quote
Wow. The 43X is a pretty thin gun.
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 11:27:35 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

I think what @Bradd_D was trying to get you to realize
is the difference in thickness 43 v 43X......

eta: @pokey074
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 8:08:06 PM EDT
[#36]
G43/43X/48 guys with w/ TLR6..... what are you carrying it in for AIWB?

Link Posted: 4/27/2021 8:26:53 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
G43/43X/48 guys with w/ TLR6..... what are you carrying it in for AIWB?

View Quote

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06Y2BMWFW?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 7:43:52 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It is. But not as thin as the 43.
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 7:53:15 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Really? How much thinner is the 43 compared to the 43X?

ETA: .04"

How that in any way is factored against more rounds and an adult sized grip is mind boggling. And I carry a 43X in shorts and a tshirt effortlessly with no printing issues. To each their own but I have yet to hear a single compelling reason a 43 is more desirable than a 43X.
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 9:52:28 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote
You must be a really tiny dude if the 43X is too thick for you.
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 7:40:30 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
5' 11", 165. It's not that the 43X is too thick, the 43 is just more concealable FOR ME in warm weather clothing.
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 9:25:22 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
5' 11", 165. It's not that the 43X is too thick, the 43 is just more concealable FOR ME in warm weather clothing.
View Quote
I've always been more of a proponent of adjusting how I dress and carrying the gun I prefer instead of carrying a smaller gun.
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 9:34:25 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I've always been more of a proponent of adjusting how I dress and carrying the gun I prefer instead of carrying a smaller gun.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree..and that's a particularly small adjustment when weighing the dimensional differences (and benefits) between the 43 and 43X.
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 12:02:21 AM EDT
[#44]
I bought a 43 like a year before the 43x came out. I still like the 43 because of the form factor but if I were buying a new carry gun I'd be buying a Sig 365.

I got plans on buying a Sig 365XL over a 43X for lots of reasons and I plan on keeping my 43. Main reasons being: It's ready to go out the box and has a better trigger.

For most people just wanting glocks I'd reccomend getting the 43x but there's still place for the 43 since it can be pocket carried or used as a BUG easier than a 43x.
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 7:56:07 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I agree..and that's a particularly small adjustment when weighing the dimensional differences (and benefits) between the 43 and 43X.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've always been more of a proponent of doing what works for you. I dress a certain way and if it means having to carry a smaller/thinner gun then so be it.
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 8:28:49 AM EDT
[#46]
So for me, I carried full size 1911s for many many years.  I can't say the 43 was an issue of capacity based on that, given that I ran two rd extensions on the mags.  However, I was always somewhat anti-Glock no idea why had a 19 long ago and never took to it.

Last year I decided to Polymer80 things up to see if it was fun.  First, one I built was a 43 basically... I did like it. From there I bought a 48 an actual factory Glock... and haven't looked back.  I also bought a Glock 43 frame.

Now I use the 43 for pocket carry or places where I just need a small gun.  JM4 magnetic holster gives me options. I don't love the 43 but I like it alot.

Daily I carry the 48 w/tlr6 light... which I love.  One of my favorite guns of all time.

And do yourself right with some Shield Arms mags for it.  

By the way, this also brought me to get another 19 and a 26, both of which I really enjoy as well.  Not sure why the first 19 didn't stick for me, but I'm a solid convert.
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 8:29:37 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I've always been more of a proponent of doing what works for you. I dress a certain way and if it means having to carry a smaller/thinner gun then so be it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think everyone is a proponent of what works for them.

To me the incredibly minor dimensional differences between the 43/43X are extremely marginal when compared to increased mag capacity and a grip that doesn't dictate only 2 fingers.

More rounds and a vastly more positive grip supersedes, to me, nearly indiscernible size differences. The 43X is by far the easiest carrying pistol I've ever owned. That said, I also don't find pocket carry desirable in 90% of all scenarios, so keeping a gun in a pocket wasn't a consideration. If that's a primary interest above other considerations, then a 43 is the answer for sure.
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 11:01:45 AM EDT
[#48]
I have a 43 and rarely carry it but a 43x did not seem to offer me much over a 26.
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 12:50:38 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I still carry a 43 with Pearce +1 extension.  
View Quote

Me too.
Waiting for my LGS to get some 48 MOS in stock though.  Already have Shield mags for one.

I can AIWB a 43 with +2 extension fine with a hoody or fleece, so I'm assuming the added grip length of the 48 won't be an issue, but my daily attire is athletic cut polos, and the 43 with a +2 starts printing quite a bit more than a flush or +1 mag.

Link Posted: 4/30/2021 2:27:28 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote
If fashion is a priority for you, there's nothing wrong with that
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top