Site Notices
17L Gen5 coming...soon? (Page 2 of 2)
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/22/2024 11:35:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SiVisPacem] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By bigtex84:
I couldn’t pass up the blue label pricing at GT dist.  They have them in stock so I picked one up.  This will be my third or fourth 17L I sold them all but I make myself keep this one.  Also bought a 43x that I’m going to send to shield arms to get chopped.
View Quote

What was the BL price?

I just found it on GT's web site. $493.40.
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 1:34:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By SiVisPacem:

What was the BL price?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SiVisPacem:
I couldn’t pass up the blue label pricing at GT dist.  They have them in stock so I picked one up.  This will be my third or fourth 17L I sold them all but I make myself keep this one.  Also bought a 43x that I’m going to send to shield arms to get chopped.

What was the BL price?

Not sure what they will sell for when they hit the stores but I figured $500 was a good deal.
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 11:20:13 PM EDT
[#3]
I was quoted $705
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 9:24:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Furioso:
I was quoted $705
View Quote

That makes me happy since I only charge $650.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 2:20:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Nice price! I was about to buy a gen 3, decided to buy now, thinking of the days I longed for one when they were not in production. It will be my 1st gen5, i figure if it's not my favorite platform, it's a Glock - won't lose much if I need to sell to make room in the safe. I had an equivalent I built from LWD slide, barrel, etc. I sold several firearms when folks were happy to bid to the sky a couple years ago, that was among them. Would prefer a threaded barrel, to see how it performs suppressed w/ 158 gr.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 5:57:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Nice price! I was about to buy a gen 3, decided to buy now, thinking of the days I longed for one when they were not in production. It will be my 1st gen5, i figure if it's not my favorite platform, it's a Glock - won't lose much if I need to sell to make room in the safe. I had an equivalent I built from LWD slide, barrel, etc. I sold several firearms when folks were happy to bid to the sky a couple years ago, that was among them. Would prefer a threaded barrel, to see how it performs suppressed w/ 158 gr.
View Quote

I’ll definitely be buying a threaded barrel whenever they come out.
Link Posted: 5/28/2024 6:47:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Mine will be here on Thursday.
Link Posted: 5/28/2024 10:23:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Mine will be here on Thursday.
View Quote

Congrats, let us know how it turns out when it arrives.
Link Posted: 5/29/2024 1:37:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Not a Glock fan, but that would be interesting to own.
Long barrels are just plain cool.
Link Posted: 5/29/2024 8:09:15 PM EDT
[#10]
View Quote

@Furioso

They're definitely long as shit once you mount a can...

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/29/2024 11:17:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Holy Moley, what can is that? I have a SiCo 9k in mind. Picked up my 17L today, barely handled it. Not nearly as unwieldy as I expected. I enjoy the 40 and 41, also (or whatever the long-slide .45 and 10mm are, I think that's correct #'s), I suppose I anticipated less from this, no reason, maybe my previous assembly w/ aftermarket parts. Definitely lighter than I recall the 'equivalent' I built with a LWD slide/ (threaded) barrel, and that had a cut out...also a steel dustcover, I likely had a stainless steel guide rod in it, too. Grip seems small (comes w backstraps). I like the adjustable rear sight (plastoc, though). Haven't even tried the trigger, I'm a die-hard snap cap user. Far better balanced at first feel (front-heavy w/ empty mag) than I imagined.
Link Posted: 5/30/2024 7:57:49 AM EDT
[#12]
It's a 15+ year-old YHM Cobra-9.
Link Posted: 5/30/2024 9:54:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bigtex84] [#13]
I got mine in today.  This is my first Gen 5 and my third 17L.  I have sold all the 17Ls over the years cause I really had no use for them and the Gen 3 frame did me no favors in the comfort department.  The Gen 5 frame is much more ergonomic for me.  

I was hoping for a better trigger in the 17L but I bought a 43x too and the triggers seem very similar.  The 43x might be a little heavier but it’s more crisp.  

It’s been awhile since I have shot a gen 3 17L but I remember them not really pointing or shooting that well.  This one feels pretty light and nimble.  But it could be that new gun effect where you are trying to justify your purchase to yourself.  

I should be able to get out and shoot tomorrow so we will see how it performs on paper.  It definitely needs a better trigger, red dot, and a threaded barrel for a suppressor.  Hopefully barrels will come out soon I’m guessing you can’t use gen 3 barrels in a gen 5?

Picture of today’s new guns.  I’m going to send the 43x to shield arms to get their grip chop service.
Attachment Attached File

Shoots pretty well.  Just slow fire at 7 yards.
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/31/2024 10:51:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Did some dry-firing...the trigger seems about like all stock Glock triggers (I tend to change them out - Vanek are my favorite). I forgot the frame/ grip was no-nubs, I was surprised how comfortable it felt, i generally put the biggest backstrap on 'em, preferring a grip about the size of 12 oz can. Can't recall the last Glock 17L I handled, only one I ever owned was a LWD slide, this is far better balanced in my hand.
Link Posted: 6/1/2024 7:24:41 AM EDT
[#15]
Can you show us how that plastic dustcover thing attaches? I like both gen 3's and Gen 5's so I'm tryin to decide.  I don't really like the slide cutout on the gen 3 but I'm not sure if I like the plastic dustcover on the 5.
Link Posted: 6/1/2024 8:32:48 AM EDT
[#16]
I have a weird desire to SBR a 17L...
Link Posted: 6/1/2024 2:32:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By mbinky:
Can you show us how that plastic dustcover thing attaches? I like both gen 3's and Gen 5's so I'm tryin to decide.  I don't really like the slide cutout on the gen 3 but I'm not sure if I like the plastic dustcover on the 5.
View Quote

It doesn’t move around and it clicks in hard.  After taking it out once it removed all the worries I had about it.  It definitely a weird design choice but it’s nothing to be concerned about.  I’m curious what the aftermarket will do to it.
Link Posted: 6/3/2024 6:58:35 PM EDT
[#18]
LWD used a steel insert dust cover on its similar length slide, I wasn't ultra impressed with that design, np particularcreason, just seemed odd to have one more part. I supppse manufacturing the slide requires it?
Link Posted: 6/6/2024 8:36:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: FloridaMan11b] [#19]
Originally Posted By STJ:
I have a weird desire to SBR a 17L...
View Quote

Same.
What stock or chassis would you use for it?
Link Posted: 6/6/2024 9:14:58 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By FloridaMan11b:

Same.
What stock or chassis would you use for it?
View Quote

Recover 20/20 for mine.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/7/2024 6:50:38 AM EDT
[#21]
New Glock 17L Gen 5 First Shots: Now This Is Interesting
Link Posted: 6/8/2024 8:40:10 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Lungbuster:

Recover 20/20 for mine.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/196752/IMG_1120_jpeg-3233765.JPG
View Quote
Nice setup
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
17L Gen5 coming...soon? (Page 2 of 2)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top