Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/12/2024 7:36:07 PM EDT
since the local grocery store has started carrying tri tip every once in a while, I usually stock up when they're on sale (close to expiration, marked down).

I normally season with SPG then reverse sear until internal is around 115-120. Get's a little close to over done, but I am fine with it.

It's good for the first day or so, but afterwards I find myself trying to figure out what to do with the left overs.

Hard crusty bread and horse radish is getting a little old.

what say you?
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 7:44:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Sliced thin and make fajitas
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 9:52:00 PM EDT
[#2]
WHATEVER you have left over chop it into small 3/8" pieces, sear it in butter and then add it tacos, chili, omlettes and more and more.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 11:13:45 PM EDT
[#3]
I just did two of them. SV at 110 for 4 hours. About an hour or less on the grill.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 4:53:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Make them in a sandwich,  maybe a club or a Philly cheese steak type deal with the authetic Philly styled canned cheese whiz...

fajitas with guacamole,

or sometimes a Korean BBQ sauce fusion deal served with rice and chopped onions or fermented paste
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 11:53:16 PM EDT
[#5]
I quit cooking tri tip as soon as I discovered picanha. Give it a go if you can find it. Tri tip can’t touch it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top