(2) Phaser Rifle

(3) ZF1

(4) FN P90

(5) M8 Avenger

(6) Other/Please specify

Poll inbound
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 3:39:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Exploratory mission where?  Some of that stuff would not work under water, for example.

What kind of environment?  Friendly or unfriendly, or completely unknown?

What kind of support should I expect?  Meaning, would I have a Marine platoon baking me up?

Need more data.  
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 3:39:43 AM EDT
[#2]
M41A, always a classic.
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 3:43:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Zat.
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 3:44:14 AM EDT
[#4]
My right arm. It's  been my go to for years, it's never let me down, and it's always at my side.
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 3:46:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 3:47:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Exploratory mission where?  Some of that stuff would not work under water, for example.

What kind of support should I expect?  Meaning, would I have a Marine platoon baking me up?

Need more data.  
View Quote
Long pork, it's what's for dinner.
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 3:47:58 AM EDT
[#7]
Always liked the ZF1 (just stay away from the Red button).

Zorg unveils the ZF1 weapon scene - The Fifth Element
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 3:48:26 AM EDT
[#8]
Big badaboom
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 3:52:32 AM EDT
[#9]
What, no MORITA option???

Only choice for a bug hunt
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 4:05:04 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Need more data.  
And we got to hunt them with our weapon of choice?
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 4:29:28 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Need more data.  
View Quote
You're going off into the unknown, and you'll be lead by a seasoned commanding officer.
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 4:41:46 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

And we got to hunt them with our weapon of choice?
View Quote
I agree with you. Kinda need more info. The unknown is pretty vague. Probably not going with the P90 though.
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 4:46:25 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

You're going off into the unknown, and you'll be lead by a seasoned commanding officer.
View Quote
Quoted:

I agree with you. Kinda need more info. The unknown is pretty vague. Probably not going with the P90 though.
View Quote
With the info provided then it's the ZF1.   A bit for everything and there's even the red button if things go south very badly.
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 4:47:35 AM EDT
[#14]
Anything carried by Harrison Ford:

Link Posted: 1/8/2019 4:52:10 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

With the info provided then it's the ZF1.   A bit for everything and there's even the red button if things go south very badly.
View Quote
I could go with that. But again. What's a seasoned commander? Guy who's been multiple times to the unknown before? Then it wouldn't be very unknown. Unless it's a different unknown.
Or is it a seasoned logistics commander? Naval commander? Infantry commander? Special Forces commander? That makes a difference too.
Yep. Probably gonna want that red button.
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 5:05:44 AM EDT
[#16]
M4A1.

In the VG "AvP:2", the grenade fired like a laser--it literally had no drop or arc.  If you could put your sights on a target, you could hit it, regardless of distance.
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 5:13:00 AM EDT
[#17]
I'd take an 18"barreled AR in 458 SOCOM
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 5:13:08 AM EDT
[#18]
There's only one right answer.
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 5:18:38 AM EDT
[#19]
The Phaser Rifle is the right answer. You can do everything from stunning a whole flock of birds in one shot for food to vaporizing the tank shooting at you.

You can heat rocks with it to stay warm, cut through steel or slice firewood with it.

It was used in one episode to Dig a well.

It has unlimited ammo as it can recharge itself.
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 6:31:30 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote
Am I wearing a red shirt?
Because if I'm wearing a red shirt it really doesn't matter.

But in that regard my other would be a phaser. They barely broke out the rifles and it never seemed to matter.
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 6:43:05 AM EDT
[#22]
The phaser rifle.  You can set it from stun all the way up to vaporize.  It can blow things up, or even heat up a rock for instant warmth.  Doesn’t need to be reloaded.  No need to carry spare mags/ammo.
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 6:55:30 AM EDT
[#23]
A Glock in the best caliber: .45GAP
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 8:09:01 AM EDT
[#24]
M41A
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 8:22:55 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
M41A
View Quote
Yeah anyone that picks something other than a Phaser rifle hasn't really watched all of these shows. Now if it is a poll on which team would you want to be a part of SG1 with P-90, Colonial marines .etc that is another story, but the phaser rifle is hundreds of years more advanced and has about a dozen more useful features.
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 8:26:08 AM EDT
[#26]
Phaser rifle has basically no recoil. So if your exploratory combat happens to take place in low or zero g you are going to be screwed with any projectile weapon
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 8:34:15 AM EDT
[#27]
P90, because it actually exists in the same reality I do.
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 8:40:27 AM EDT
[#28]

Poisoned tipped
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 8:50:08 AM EDT
[#29]
All I need...

Link Posted: 1/8/2019 8:56:02 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 9:00:45 AM EDT
[#31]
Phaser because you don't need to carry ammo.

Sure it needs power cells but as long has you have deuterium for your micro fusion reactor you'll always have a recharging station.
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 9:02:04 AM EDT
[#32]
If I have the P90, does my uniform have an SG1 patch on it? Any other number and I might as well be a redshirt.
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 9:23:06 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
My right arm. It's  been my go to for years, it's never let me down, and it's always at my side.
View Quote
With you through all your ups and downs.
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 10:24:32 AM EDT
[#34]
Lawgiver of course.

Link Posted: 1/8/2019 10:29:10 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote
What color shirt are they trying to give me?
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 10:40:17 AM EDT
[#36]
I don't like warriors. Too narrow-minded, no subtlety. And worse, they fight for hopeless causes. Honor? Huh! Honor's killed millions of people, it hasn't saved a single one. Tell you what I do like though: a killer. A dyed-in-the-wool killer. Cold-blooded, clean, methodical and thorough. Now a real killer, when he picked up the ZF-1, he would have immediately asked about the little red button on the bottom of the gun.
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 10:51:44 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
The Phaser Rifle is the right answer. You can do everything from stunning a whole flock of birds in one shot for food to vaporizing the tank shooting at you.

You can heat rocks with it to stay warm, cut through steel or slice firewood with it.

It was used in one episode to Dig a well.

It has unlimited ammo as it can recharge itself.
View Quote
Quoted:
The phaser rifle.  You can set it from stun all the way up to vaporize.  It can blow things up, or even heat up a rock for instant warmth.  Doesn’t need to be reloaded.  No need to carry spare mags/ammo.
View Quote
Phasers do indeed run out of power and have spare power cells.  You can kill alot people with them but they will run out.

See episode "The Omega Glory"
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 11:22:49 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote
After my range time with two of them, I'll definitely take an imaginary weapon over a P90. Probably the M41a and the Phaser rifle, in that order.
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 11:29:02 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I could go with that. But again. What's a seasoned commander? Guy who's been multiple times to the unknown before? Then it wouldn't be very unknown. Unless it's a different unknown.
Or is it a seasoned logistics commander? Naval commander? Infantry commander? Special Forces commander? That makes a difference too.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pretty much my reasoning also.    
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 11:34:27 AM EDT
[#40]
On earth?

.45-70 Stainless Steel guide gun. Maybe a really nice drilling.

In space?

M240B
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 11:35:03 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 12:02:44 PM EDT
[#42]
40 watt plasma rifle

Link Posted: 1/8/2019 12:26:42 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 4:46:53 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Some ins and outs too.
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 7:39:45 AM EDT
[#45]
Starlord/Spartax Element Gun.  Because why not be able to shoot four different kinds of elements and not run out of ammo?
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 8:02:02 AM EDT
[#46]
10/22
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top