User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 8/17/2018 6:17:09 PM EDT
Yes or no?
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 6:18:57 PM EDT
[#1]
bring back the snake pits.. And the debtors prisons. and hell with it.. the poor house too..
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 6:23:41 PM EDT
[#2]
I've been saying for at least 10 years they need to reopen the sanitoriums and asylums and restart the eugenics programs. We'd get rid of liberalism in a matter of weeks once all those retards are back in padded rooms hopped up on medication, getting lobotomies and being spayed/neutered.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 6:25:18 PM EDT
[#3]
The HaHa Hotels? Yeah, probably be a good idea for the really disturbed ones out there. Have a good friend who has a seriously disturbed brother (paranoid schizophrenic). He does ok on meds for a while, then boom, it takes a half a dozen cops to take him in to a mental health facility. Hes a big old boy too. Sooner or later hes going to get hurt or hurt someone during an "episode".
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 6:26:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Yes i have said this for years
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 6:27:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Metallica- Welcome home (Sanitarium) music video
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 6:27:34 PM EDT
[#6]
And before the fractured fairytales...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Community_Mental_Health_Act

The CMHA provided grants to states for the establishment of local mental health centers, under the overview of the National Institute of Mental Health. The NIH also conducted a study involving adequacy in mental health issues. The purpose of the CMHA was to build mental health centers to provide for community-based care, as an alternative to institutionalization. At the centers, patients could be treated while working and living at home.

Only half of the proposed centers were ever built; none were fully funded, and the act didn’t provide money to operate them long-term. Some states saw an opportunity to close expensive state hospitals without spending some of the money on community-based care. Deinstitutionalization accelerated after the adoption of Medicaid in 1965.
During the Reagan administration, the remaining funding for the act was converted into a mental-health block grant for states. Since the CMHA was enacted, 90 percent of beds have been cut at state hospitals.[4
]
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 6:27:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Yeah , it’s needed . The mentally defective shouldn’t be running around with the rest of us .
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 6:27:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've been saying for at least 10 years they need to reopen the sanitoriums and asylums and restart the eugenics programs. We'd get rid of liberalism in a matter of weeks once all those retards are back in padded rooms hopped up on medication, getting lobotomies and being spayed/neutered.
View Quote
Alternatively, especially if your location is accurate, you'd be singing about being taken away to the funny farm.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 6:29:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Hell yes. Carter and Reagan should never have closed them.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 6:29:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Is there a resurgence of tuberculosis I need to know about?
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 6:29:38 PM EDT
[#11]
They already have.

They’re called prisons.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 6:30:06 PM EDT
[#12]
YES

There are lots of homeless crazies out on the streets that should have ZERO interaction with society.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 6:30:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Yes, we need to bring back the sanatorium system and no, they don’t have to be shit on the wall Bedlam types. We can house those too dangerous or too incompetent to be out in society in a humane manner.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 6:30:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Alternatively, especially if your location is accurate, you'd be singing about being taken away to the funny farm.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yup, my location is correct. NJ is already a prison.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 6:30:34 PM EDT
[#15]
It would certainly help with homeless numbers and Emergency Department overcrowding...

Not to mention it would cut down on community resources used to police these people up on the regular basis(Police, Fire, EMS, whatever).

I would pay taxes to take care of people who have mental illness and cannot take care of themselves.

I do not want to pay taxes for able bodied people who simply don't want to work.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 6:31:32 PM EDT
[#16]
YES!
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 6:32:28 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Yes, we need to bring back the sanatorium system and no, they don’t have to be shit on the wall Bedlam types. We can house those too dangerous or too incompetent to be out in society in a humane manner.
View Quote
What is interesting...is that our society accepts putting old people for various reasons into nursing homes...but our society doesn't want to have Sanatoriums...
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 6:33:17 PM EDT
[#18]
IIRC, we have thalidomide & JFK to blame for the elimination of mental-health facilities.

Someone will Shirley correct me if that is wrong.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 6:33:19 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
It would certainly help with homeless numbers and Emergency Department overcrowding...

Not to mention it would cut down on community resources used to police these people up on the regular basis(Police, Fire, EMS, whatever).

I would pay taxes to take care of people who have mental illness and cannot take care of themselves.

I do not want to pay taxes for able bodied people who simply don't want to work.
View Quote
Kicker is, we already pay taxes for most, if not all, of those too crazy to function/ work.  They get welfare and ebt.  Along with meds and hospital stays (short term private run facilities).
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 6:34:33 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
What is interesting...is that our society accepts putting old people for various reasons into nursing homes...but our society doesn't want to have Sanatoriums...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
And the idea of sanatoriums is unpalatable, but chucking them into prison or leaving them under a bridge is just dandy.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 6:34:47 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote
I lived there for just over a year, Mount Laurel area. Every day I woke up felt like the funny farm . I'm both sad/glad that there's good conservative folks there.

Having briefly worked at a state hospital, I'm really undecided in the whole thing.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 6:35:00 PM EDT
[#22]
YES, for the demlibtards...
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 6:37:03 PM EDT
[#23]
No, just send all the crazies to California.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 6:37:25 PM EDT
[#24]
Yes.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 6:37:37 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote
you do know Leftist run the psychiatric community and think conservatives, Christians and gun owners are NUTS..

being in a line of work that puts me on the phone with these folks weekly...THEY"RE ALL PRETTY MUCH LOONY -TOONS...

I know in 30 seconds I'm talking to someone in a psychiatrists office or mental health facility
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 6:38:43 PM EDT
[#26]
As someone with a schizophrenic relative ... yes.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 6:38:45 PM EDT
[#27]
Whos gonna pay for it?
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 6:39:10 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Hell yes. Carter and Reagan should never have closed them.
View Quote
thank Gerry Rivera while you're at it..his "story" on that nut house in NY State started the shuts down
typical Liberal response,,OH LOOK we Fucked up with Big Government in Mental Health..SHUT EM DOWN..
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 6:39:50 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I lived there for just over a year, Mount Laurel area. Every day I woke up felt like the funny farm . I'm both sad/glad that there's good conservative folks there.

Having briefly worked at a state hospital, I'm really undecided in the whole thing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No doubt, I grew up here, moved out and lived in Colorado before it went full retard then moved back. Moving back here was the last thing I wanted and I'm trying to get out again; almost succeeded in Summer of 2017 too. Every day I feel like I'm insane and angry at the absolute corruptness of this shithole. I can't wait to get out of here.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 6:40:12 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
They already have.

They’re called prisons.
View Quote
Pretty sure some are dumped at ERs and kicked back out after a few hours because there's 0 chance of getting them into prison.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 6:41:02 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
you do know Leftist run the psychiatric community and think conservatives, Christians and gun owners are NUTS..

being in a line of work that puts me on the phone with these folks weekly...THEY"RE ALL PRETTY MUCH LOONY -TOONS...

I know in 30 seconds I'm talking to someone in a psychiatrists office or mental health facility
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, I know. There is still a few mental health hospitals in NJ and my wife's cousin works at one and she's as liberal as they come.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 6:41:10 PM EDT
[#32]
Who would be around to post to GD then ?
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 6:43:28 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote
So much for freedom I guess.......
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 6:48:08 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Pretty sure some are dumped at ERs and kicked back out after a few hours because there's 0 chance of getting them into prison.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
They already have.

They’re called prisons.
Quite a lot of them, in fact.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 6:49:33 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Yes, we need to bring back the sanatorium system and no, they don't have to be shit on the wall Bedlam types. We can house those too dangerous or too incompetent to be out in society in a humane manner.
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 6:56:30 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
They already have.

They’re called prisons.
Yeah, but prisons are still loaded with the mentally ill, and the prisons have no resources or training really to deal with it.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 7:00:39 PM EDT
[#37]
Our oldest son is extremely autistic/ mentally delayed/ ect/ ect. So this is an unreassuring subject regarding our sons future after my wife and I are gone. We are attempting to overfund our retirement and savings in a trust to ensure care for him.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 7:06:28 PM EDT
[#38]
The Pennhurst syndrome.  The state facilities went to shit because of lack of funding so the better option was to turn em all out on the street.  Its lose lose,   this is one im fine being taxed for.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 7:06:55 PM EDT
[#39]
We're going to need a lot to deal with the drug addicts.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 7:07:53 PM EDT
[#40]
There are a handful of private long term adult care homes out there...but the number of beds in play is only a fraction of what's needed. I know of maybe 3 or 4 offhand (with maybe 6-10 beds apiece), in my AO with a commensurate populace of probably close to 100k people.

Locking them up in prison is fucking stupid...but it's the closest thing to an existing social net anymore, because of teh feelz and governmental no-fucks-given budgetary priorities.

Same for drug rehab. I've had guys ask me if they could go into court and file a petition on themselves to get committed into drug rehab...that's how bad it's been at times, to get into a program.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 7:10:26 PM EDT
[#41]
Yes, we will need a place to lock up the surviving antifa and SJWs after the coming civil war is completed.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 7:15:36 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Yeah , it's needed . The mentally defective shouldn't be running around with the rest of us .
View Quote
X1000
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 7:16:04 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Is there a resurgence of tuberculosis I need to know about?
View Quote
Beat me to it.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 7:18:18 PM EDT
[#44]
Could we just wall off, SF, NYC, Seattle and put the people in those cities?

Kind of an Escape from New York thing,
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 7:26:06 PM EDT
[#45]
If you did I suspect you'd clear out a third of GD in short order.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 7:29:50 PM EDT
[#46]
Absofuckinglutely. They never should have been closed in the first place.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 7:30:38 PM EDT
[#47]
You read GD, OP, what do you think?
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 8:03:26 PM EDT
[#48]
In my AO the jails are stuffed with mentally ill... I see it every day.
There's no other place to keep them.
We spend millions of dollars on them and very few if any improve to a point where they can function in society...
Honestly... I'm not against chaining some of them to a radiator and giving up on 'em.
The only good thing is that these nut bars provide easy six figure incomes for an army of 'mental health professionals".
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 8:12:27 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Absofuckinglutely. They never should have been closed in the first place.
View Quote
They used the $$$ for the pors instead
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 8:14:45 PM EDT
[#50]
Yes they should be reopened but where are they going to find people to work them?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top