User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 11:03:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Yes, we have a lot of libs moving to Tennessee.  But they are for the most part moving into the  Nashville area.  Nashville doesn't have enough pull to sway the entire state. Some are moving here to east Tenn. But again, not  ear enough to sway the area from firmly entrenched Red.
View Quote

Given the lopsided advantage conservatives have in Tennessee, there's going to have to be a shitload of liberals relocating there before that needle moves.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 11:16:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
And yet, you didn't have the balls to tell them about your weapon. You put it on everybody else
View Quote

I understand your point, but I feel that concealed means concealed.
Also, HR departments in the Entertainment industry don't have a sense of humor when it comes to firearms.
All it takes is for one person to say that I'm a gun nut and I'd be shadow banned from promotions and working on high level projects.
My boss knows that I carry.
He's a Democrat but also an Air Force vet, and one of the most competent bosses I ever had.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 11:18:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

There could be multiple reasons why OP should be deported
View Quote

You'll see no argument from me on this point
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 11:18:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
People like that are retarded and there is no amount of reasoning that can make them change their idiotic thought process. Hopefully they go back to the shithole they came from.
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 11:19:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I grew up in Canada in a Province whose culture dictates that only criminals want guns.
I immigrated to the States in my mid 20's but held on to this belief for a very long time.
I worked in Hollywood for 20+ years where guns are only cool on a movie or TV screen.
The industry's HR Departments have a zero tolerance rule for even talking about guns in a favorable light around colleagues, even though my particular company hires tons of veterans.
I moved to AZ a few years back and exposure to gun culture quickly changed my mind about carrying a gun.
So I bought a gun (then more), got some training, and started carrying on an almost daily basis.
At work we have many foreign (mostly Indian) and Blue State transplants, and boy do they hate Constitutional Carry.
We all get along, and for the most part I enjoy their company when they're not talking politics.
Yesterday, I went to lunch with a few Indian colleagues.
We were sitting inside a restaurant when a patron walked in open carrying a revolver.
My colleagues freaked the f**k out and I started chuckling under my breathe.
They asked me if I was OK with it and I simply asked them if they'd like to go somewhere else.
When pressed again, I told them that there's probably 2 or 3 people concealed carrying at every place they've ever frequented.
Unless there's a no-gun sign on the window, someone probably has a gun on their person at that store.
I told them that I felt safe because criminals know this as well, and people wear guns to protect themselves and the innocent.
That's when I usually get "but you're from Canada, and you're OK with this?".
I told them them that I used to think like they did, but changed my mind once I started looking into the statistics behind concealed carry States and crime.
They just looked at me like I had 3 heads.

It pains me to see so many Left-leaning people move to gun-friendly States and work so hard at destroying the American dream.
AZ is a good example of that. Texas is another one. I suspect Tennessee and Florida are next (many Libs moving there).
They move in, gentrify cities, and price out the natives.
Then they change the culture into Commie havens, destroy the cities with crazy Left-leaning policies, and move on to another State.
It feels like we're seeing the fall of an Empire.
Boy does it ever happen quickly.
View Quote

being from a far lefty state ( NJ)  even though i had an NJ carry permit, and now have a SC carry permit ...i hardly ever carry. Till now. I never had any issue with open or concealed carry. I will tell you that people open carrying ar's are giving a really BAD impression to people. if they are not supportive of carry, it scares them and honestly they are hurting the cause.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 11:19:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Freedom is scary for most...
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 11:30:44 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Where are you hanging out?  I'm never/hardly around people that talk like that.  I'm guessing Paradise Valley or Scottsdale.  That's some east side bullshit.  But, I'm probably wrong:(
View Quote

I don't live or work in either one of those places, but many of the Execs live there.
I guess I'm technically an Exec but I spend all my time in the East Valley.
While looking for houses, my wife and I didn't like the Scottsdale vibe (too much like LA) and Paradise Valley seemed too snobbish.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 11:31:29 AM EDT
[#8]
You should have asked your Indian friends if people carry guns in India.  When they reply that no one carries in India, you could have told them that if they are uncomfortable or unsafe, with people carrying guns here, then they should go home where they would feel safer.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 2:10:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Indians from India, are usually freedom hating commies.  No surprise from me.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 7:07:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Also, HR departments in the Entertainment industry don't have a sense of humor when it comes to firearms.
All it takes is for one person to say that I'm a gun nut and I'd be shadow banned from promotions and working on high level projects.
He's a Democrat but also an Air Force vet, and one of the most competent bosses I ever had.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
And yet, you didn't have the balls to tell them about your weapon. You put it on everybody else

So, the people who were supposedly against shoving anyone into the closet or keeping them there are shoving people into the closet, and keeping them there.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 8:12:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

So, the people who were supposedly against shoving anyone into the closet or keeping them there are shoving people into the closet, and keeping them there.
View Quote

Yes.
Yes they are.
Even the so-called conservative outlets pushed the equity agenda onto their employees during the BLM riots.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 4:29:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Yes.
Yes they are.
Even the so-called conservative outlets pushed the equity agenda onto their employees during the BLM riots.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes.
Yes they are.

And I bet they're such children and oafs you can't even point that out to them, without them freaking out because you touched the holy sacred taboo.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 4:38:08 PM EDT
[#13]
I have found the best way to deal with transplants is to relentlessly mock them until they decide to debate the issue then respectfully destroy their stance with facts and prettyuch force them into realizing their stance is based on feelings and mock them for it again. I then invite them to go shooting with me to have some fun and peer pressure them to not be a pussy and give it a try. Half the time they will go shooting with me where I show them responsible gun handling and a good time.  Have been able to soften everyone on this issue with a little time

You have to make these people feel uncomfortable for having that viewpoint so they know it's not a welcome viewpoint.  People tend to change their views to fit in more readily.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 4:46:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I grew up in Canada in a Province whose culture dictates that only criminals want guns.
I immigrated to the States in my mid 20's but held on to this belief for a very long time.
I worked in Hollywood for 20+ years where guns are only cool on a movie or TV screen.
The industry's HR Departments have a zero tolerance rule for even talking about guns in a favorable light around colleagues, even though my particular company hires tons of veterans.
I moved to AZ a few years back and exposure to gun culture quickly changed my mind about carrying a gun.
So I bought a gun (then more), got some training, and started carrying on an almost daily basis.
At work we have many foreign (mostly Indian) and Blue State transplants, and boy do they hate Constitutional Carry.
We all get along, and for the most part I enjoy their company when they're not talking politics.
Yesterday, I went to lunch with a few Indian colleagues.
We were sitting inside a restaurant when a patron walked in open carrying a revolver.
My colleagues freaked the f**k out and I started chuckling under my breathe.
They asked me if I was OK with it and I simply asked them if they'd like to go somewhere else.
When pressed again, I told them that there's probably 2 or 3 people concealed carrying at every place they've ever frequented.
Unless there's a no-gun sign on the window, someone probably has a gun on their person at that store.
I told them that I felt safe because criminals know this as well, and people wear guns to protect themselves and the innocent.
That's when I usually get "but you're from Canada, and you're OK with this?".
I told them them that I used to think like they did, but changed my mind once I started looking into the statistics behind concealed carry States and crime.
They just looked at me like I had 3 heads.

It pains me to see so many Left-leaning people move to gun-friendly States and work so hard at destroying the American dream.
AZ is a good example of that. Texas is another one. I suspect Tennessee and Florida are next (many Libs moving there).
They move in, gentrify cities, and price out the natives.
Then they change the culture into Commie havens, destroy the cities with crazy Left-leaning policies, and move on to another State.
It feels like we're seeing the fall of an Empire.
Boy does it ever happen quickly.
View Quote

What I usually add to that is something like "And all of these people are carrying a gun all day every day. In all of these stores, with all these people everywhere you go. And the problems it causes with the massive number of people carrying a gun a massive number of days is almost zero. That is the reality of you being surrounded by people with guns all day every day."
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 4:54:44 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Totally spot on thread.

This gave me a slight chuckle.
View Quote

Is your avatar the Alabama jail super's head with Brian Dennehy's face?
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 5:26:53 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

What I usually add to that is something like "And all of these people are carrying a gun all day every day. In all of these stores, with all these people everywhere you go. And the problems it causes with the massive number of people carrying a gun a massive number of days is almost zero. That is the reality of you being surrounded by people with guns all day every day."
View Quote

This is a good point.
Being a former anti-gun idiot, this was the kind of reasoning that eluded me until I moved to AZ.
It reminds me of when I was young and visited the CN Tower in Toronto.
You go up to the observation deck and most of it is carpeted except for one spot that is made of glass.
People would slowly and nervously step on it while looking down.
Then, on the way back down, the elevator operator would tell you the whole floor is made of glass.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top