Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/19/2022 12:01:07 PM EDT
I grew up in Canada in a Province whose culture dictates that only criminals want guns.
I immigrated to the States in my mid 20's but held on to this belief for a very long time.
I worked in Hollywood for 20+ years where guns are only cool on a movie or TV screen.
The industry's HR Departments have a zero tolerance rule for even talking about guns in a favorable light around colleagues, even though my particular company hires tons of veterans.
I moved to AZ a few years back and exposure to gun culture quickly changed my mind about carrying a gun.
So I bought a gun (then more), got some training, and started carrying on an almost daily basis.
At work we have many foreign (mostly Indian) and Blue State transplants, and boy do they hate Constitutional Carry.
We all get along, and for the most part I enjoy their company when they're not talking politics.
Yesterday, I went to lunch with a few Indian colleagues.
We were sitting inside a restaurant when a patron walked in open carrying a revolver.
My colleagues freaked the f**k out and I started chuckling under my breathe.
They asked me if I was OK with it and I simply asked them if they'd like to go somewhere else.
When pressed again, I told them that there's probably 2 or 3 people concealed carrying at every place they've ever frequented.
Unless there's a no-gun sign on the window, someone probably has a gun on their person at that store.
I told them that I felt safe because criminals know this as well, and people wear guns to protect themselves and the innocent.
That's when I usually get "but you're from Canada, and you're OK with this?".
I told them them that I used to think like they did, but changed my mind once I started looking into the statistics behind concealed carry States and crime.
They just looked at me like I had 3 heads.

It pains me to see so many Left-leaning people move to gun-friendly States and work so hard at destroying the American dream.
AZ is a good example of that. Texas is another one. I suspect Tennessee and Florida are next (many Libs moving there).
They move in, gentrify cities, and price out the natives.
Then they change the culture into Commie havens, destroy the cities with crazy Left-leaning policies, and move on to another State.
It feels like we're seeing the fall of an Empire.
Boy does it ever happen quickly.
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 12:04:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Fucking millennials
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 12:05:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 12:08:47 PM EDT
[#3]
I see a range day in your future. Hearts and minds.
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 12:12:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Send them back to whatever shithole (CA) they came from.
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 12:17:09 PM EDT
[#5]
People like that are retarded and there is no amount of reasoning that can make them change their idiotic thought process. Hopefully they go back to the shithole they came from.
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 12:21:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Most people who are anti-gun simply haven't any exposure to them except via fake news & hollywood.

Offer to take them shooting.
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 12:21:16 PM EDT
[#7]
I give every incoming employee the details on how to get their MD CCW.
Business ownership or top secret clearance are automatic issuance. The veterans all jump on it since they just have to pay the $75 prints and $75 fee.

Kharn
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 12:22:35 PM EDT
[#8]
View Quote
Then they change the culture into Commie havens, destroy the cities with crazy Left-leaning policies, and move on to another State.
View Quote
Which is exactly what happened in California. Now they're moving back home and I could care less. Lets see what some of the people that have been shit talking for the past 20 years are going to do. They've been preaching how " we'd never let that happen in my state" Heres their chance to show us all how its done.
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 12:36:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Yep. The libs move where the money is, and immediately try to turn it into the place business ran away from. Then they get all butthurt when the locals tell them to go home, so they only hang around with the other transplants, while talking bad about the locals. As someone else said, they all appear to have money coming out their ears, so the politicians do whatever they want... ruining what used to be a great place.

Seems like there was a South Park episode on this subject.

Too bad locals don't get to vote on every new transplant. A whole bunch would never get to come around.
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 12:44:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 2:54:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I grew up in Canada in a Province whose culture dictates that only criminals want guns.
I immigrated to the States in my mid 20's but held on to this belief for a very long time.
I worked in Hollywood for 20+ years where guns are only cool on a movie or TV screen.
The industry's HR Departments have a zero tolerance rule for even talking about guns in a favorable light around colleagues, even though my particular company hires tons of veterans.
I moved to AZ a few years back and exposure to gun culture quickly changed my mind about carrying a gun.
So I bought a gun (then more), got some training, and started carrying on an almost daily basis.
At work we have many foreign (mostly Indian) and Blue State transplants, and boy do they hate Constitutional Carry.
We all get along, and for the most part I enjoy their company when they're not talking politics.
We were sitting inside a restaurant when a patron walked in open carrying a revolver.
They asked me if I was OK with it and I simply asked them if they'd like to go somewhere else.
When pressed again, I told them that there's probably 2 or 3 people concealed carrying at every place they've ever frequented.
Unless there's a no-gun sign on the window, someone probably has a gun on their person at that store.
I told them that I felt safe because criminals know this as well, and people wear guns to protect themselves and the innocent.
I told them them that I used to think like they did, but changed my mind once I started looking into the statistics behind concealed carry States and crime.

It pains me to see so many Left-leaning people move to gun-friendly States and work so hard at destroying the American dream.
AZ is a good example of that. Texas is another one. I suspect Tennessee and Florida are next (many Libs moving there).
View Quote

Eh, God willing, you might be able to explain all that evil backwards stuff like, defending yourself and others, how that's adult and right, and how being a coward is something to fear, and how utterly low it is to just shove that duty off on someone else.  Plenty of pathos wound up in that, and you don't even have to let the pathos lead or get out of control.

Remember that what you win people with (the way you do it and what you do it with) is what you win them to. People don't change their minds quickly and those who do usually do so lightly and are easily peeled off their new positions.
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 4:04:14 PM EDT
[#12]
My company is full of libs but they're also mostly PhD's so they're easily swayed by facts and stats and I think of them as sort of soft-libs rather than hardcore libs. When they find out I'm a long range shooter they all get that look of dread that comes when people have seen too many movies and not enough facts and then they start asking questions and soon they're off learning on their own. About half a dozen so far have gone from instinctive pants shitting at the mention of guns to being gun owners that like to come over to my cube and bug me asking for my opinion on this caliber or that holster or this brand of whatever. Double edged sword in that way and it's taken a number of years but progress can be made.
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 4:10:49 PM EDT
[#13]
I live in AZ and have been here since 1993.  I know what the OP is talking about when it comes to libs moving in and changing the culture.  AZ now has two D senators, but now one is bucking the party line.  The state went to biden, which is pretty sad.  Luckily we have a Republican governor and legislature, so the lib poison is somewhat diluted for now.  We'll see how long that lasts.
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 4:13:11 PM EDT
[#14]
Please don't tell me you're California-ing my AZ op...
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 4:15:57 PM EDT
[#15]
When I drive the dozen miles or so to the closest grocery store, I only rarely do not see at least one person open carrying.
I always see a couple printing or something that are concealed carrying.
And usually bump into someone I know that is concealed carrying.

No nut job or jihadist is ever going to be able to walk in there and put down ten people.

Link Posted: 5/19/2022 4:34:22 PM EDT
[#16]
"I grew up in Canada in a Province whose culture dictates that only criminals want guns.I immigrated to the States in my mid 20's but held on to this belief for a very long time.
I worked in Hollywood for 20+ years where guns are only cool on a movie or TV screen"

Complaining about Californians, and Liberals moving in to Az...  Thats rich.

As in every other California bashing thread, if everyone else would just take thier aspiring actors, actresses, rappers, tech works, hippies, artiest, or whatever the fuck else that ran to paradise of the west it wouldn't have turned to a shithole state.  Lets be honest OP, how and who did you vote fore before you fled to Az?

Link Posted: 5/19/2022 4:38:25 PM EDT
[#17]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

"I grew up in Canada in a Province whose culture dictates that only criminals want guns.I immigrated to the States in my mid 20's but held on to this belief for a very long time.
I worked in Hollywood for 20+ years where guns are only cool on a movie or TV screen"

As in every other California bashing thread, if everyone else would just take thier aspiring actors, actresses, rappers, tech works, hippies, artiest, or whatever the fuck else that ran to paradise of the west it wouldn't have turned to a shithole state.  Lets be honest OP, how and who did you vote fore before you fled to Az?

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 4:42:23 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

lol
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 4:46:15 PM EDT
[#19]
We've got a new guy coming from California at the end of the month

... he's already drooling over the prospect of buying his first gun
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 5:04:19 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote
You misspelled "Californicating"
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 5:07:16 PM EDT
[#21]
My Indian friend is the complete opposite.
7 or 8 figure income.
Is very conservative, loves Trump's policies and knows his hard work and the American free markets got him there.
After we met and especially the St. Geo of Fentanyl riots he started asking about guns. He is stacked now and enjoys shooting.

He calls all his libtard Indian friends stupid and asks them how they like Potato Head now.
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 5:07:31 PM EDT
[#22]
Totally spot on thread.

Unless there's a no-gun sign on the window, someone probably has a gun
View Quote
This gave me a slight chuckle.
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 5:10:23 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Most people who are anti-gun simply haven't any exposure to them except via fake news & hollywood.

View Quote

And not robbed violently.
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 5:12:19 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Which is exactly what happened in California. Now they're moving back home and I could care less. Lets see what some of the people that have been shit talking for the past 20 years are going to do. They've been preaching how " we'd never let that happen in my state" Heres their chance to show us all how its done.
View Quote

Stay in California.
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 5:17:44 PM EDT
[#25]
Two kinds of immigrant.

The one who comes here and tries to change what they see as "wrong" about 2A.

The one who comes here because 2A exists and he wants to avail of its protection.

I am in the latter category.

There are many like me. Not all immigrants are seeking to change your country.

For what its worth.........

I would support a system where as part of the green card application, you have to sign a declaration that you lose the green card if you publically voice opposition to ANY constitutional right.

That is - if you do not agree with any part of the constitution INCLUDING 2A - you are not eligible.
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 5:24:51 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

i almost stopped reading at "i grew up in canada", but i stuck it out until what you said above. why dine out with the enemy? they hate this country, our freedoms, our guns, our lifestyle, and they all believe they're smarter than us. i say, if they're so smart, stay home in india, and get your education there, and create jobs and wealth for yourselves, instead of coming here, overstaying your visas, stealing our wealth, while shit-talking us the entire time you're here.

this goes for anyone not from the usa, that's here now. you ate with indians, and got treated to their fears, cowardice and hate towards our freedom. you chose poorly when it came to lunch companions.
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 10:06:32 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

i almost stopped reading at "i grew up in canada", but i stuck it out until what you said above. why dine out with the enemy? they hate this country, our freedoms, our guns, our lifestyle, and they all believe they're smarter than us. i say, if they're so smart, stay home in india, and get your education there, and create jobs and wealth for yourselves, instead of coming here, overstaying your visas, stealing our wealth, while shit-talking us the entire time you're here.

this goes for anyone not from the usa, that's here now. you ate with indians, and got treated to their fears, cowardice and hate towards our freedom. you chose poorly when it came to lunch companions.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Op says he "was the enemy" and than how he changed his views by interacting with others ... and you ask him why dine out "with the enemy."

Stop and try those two legos out and see how they fit.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 12:48:23 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

Nope.
Voted for Trump in 2016 and 2020.
Never voting Democrat for the rest of my life.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 12:57:30 AM EDT
[#29]
Indians are logical folks by nature, granted, the rights we are concerned with are pretty low priority for many of them, but they’re not a lost cause like most US-born liberals of the last 30 years.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 1:00:01 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

I didn't become a citizen until 2012.
The first time I voted was for Trump in 2016.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 1:02:15 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Fucking millennials
View Quote

Don’t blame me! I’m doing my part! I have 2 of my friends fully kitted out now with ARs, PCs and now they CCW.

Take your friends out shooting!
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 1:09:40 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I didn't become a citizen until 2012.
The first time I voted was for Trump in 2016.
View Quote

Word

Welcome to Arizona buddy.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 1:28:34 AM EDT
[#33]
At this point I would love to eject about 99% of the Indians that come here that are America hating commies.

Shit work. Anti American. Racist AF.

They're terrible for America.

Except Dinesh. He gets it
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 2:31:43 AM EDT
[#34]
And yet, you didn't have the balls to tell them about your weapon. You put it on everybody else
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 2:45:33 AM EDT
[#35]
Move to California, vote Traditionalists in, change the laws.

Or is it always just a one-way fight, and we're all doomed?  Because that's a self-fulfilling prophecy.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 2:56:25 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I live in an area where the movie theatre has half of the screens in gibberish I can't read

I don't hate, nor suck up to indians or libtards. Pat Buchanan is in my meme speedloader

Your comment is still dumb.  

You have coworkers, you can be friends with them. Your friendships (let alone who you grab lunch with) have no effect on anything political, at the national level, unless you're
some fucking bigwig like an elected official or you're L O A D E D.

There could be multiple reasons why OP should be deported
but eating lunch shirley isn't one of them
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 3:08:08 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Fucking millennials
View Quote

The OP is right. What am I missing here about your response?
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 3:21:28 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

If your attitude towards them starts with considering them "retarded", I'm sure your attitude won't lead to helping them change that thought process.   If everyone had your attitude, the OP probably would still be anti gun.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
People like that are retarded and there is no amount of reasoning that can make them change their idiotic thought process. Hopefully they go back to the shithole they came from.

If your attitude towards them starts with considering them "retarded", I'm sure your attitude won't lead to helping them change that thought process.   If everyone had your attitude, the OP probably would still be anti gun.

Attachment Attached File

You must fight these people at the polls for the meantime (when they aren't cheating) and maybe eventually we will fight them in the streets (doubt it as we will more likely become their subjects). Liberals are ant-gun & vote Democrat. Democrats embrace socialist/commie ideals and indoctrination, including redistribution, open borders, and looting & rioting, and overturning statues ....usually for the fun of it.  They have made the fucked-up mess this country is today. Talking & debating them is futile.

Since you're a mod, just disregard anything I said if I'm wrong..... and I apologize too.

Link Posted: 5/20/2022 3:25:48 AM EDT
[#39]
Take them shooting.

They'll change their opinion about guns quickly. Guns are fun.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 3:28:26 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

The unfortunate thing with hardcore left or right people.......Math and stats mean nothing if CNN/MSNBC/FOX tell them certain things.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 3:30:05 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

U mad bro?

Former libs that turn conservative are some of the most vocal proponents of the right because they have lived in both worlds and have realized the error of their ways.  Also, we need more conservatives in AZ because of dirty Californians moving here
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 3:32:08 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Two kinds of immigrant.

The one who comes here because 2A exists and he wants to avail of its protection.

I would support a system where as part of the green card application, you have to sign a declaration that you lose the green card if you publically voice opposition to ANY constitutional right.

That is - if you do not agree with any part of the constitution INCLUDING 2A - you are not eligible.
View Quote

Kinda like what you just did with the 1A?  
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 3:47:23 AM EDT
[#43]
Where are you hanging out?  I'm never/hardly around people that talk like that.  I'm guessing Paradise Valley or Scottsdale.  That's some east side bullshit.  But, I'm probably wrong:(
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 3:52:15 AM EDT
[#44]
Fuck immigrants that don’t understand and respect the culture in which they move to.

Link Posted: 5/20/2022 4:14:03 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

That's what I did. I had three, professionally educated, two-of-three prior Army, black, mostly-democrat females working for me.  We did a team-building day at the on-post range.  They loved it. All three went out and purchased handguns, two got their CCW and training.  Before I retired from the military, I was working pretty hard to show them that their conservative values weren't aligned with their party affiliation.  I don't know how much of a difference I made but I still keep in touch with one of them.

ROCK6
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 4:16:28 AM EDT
[#46]
They are beyond reason. They must be riduculed and made to feel silly and impotent for being afraid of guns.  Make it clear they aren't men if they don't like and carry guns to protect their families.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 6:22:38 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 6:43:01 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

A trip to the range is unlikely to result in a political epiphany. The OP is an exception, not the rule.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 7:09:18 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I suspect Tennessee and Florida are next (many Libs moving there).

View Quote

Yes, we have a lot of libs moving to Tennessee.  But they are for the most part moving into the  Nashville area.  Nashville doesn't have enough pull to sway the entire state. Some are moving here to east Tenn. But again, not  ear enough to sway the area from firmly entrenched Red.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 7:16:05 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Two kinds of immigrant.

I did consider that but......

There is already a section in the paperwork regarding -

Prostitution
Drugs
Trafficking
Overthrowing the govt
And other things

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top