Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 15
Posted: 7/30/2019 10:14:05 PM EDT
Like the title says. She sees ghosts.

I'm starting this thread because I have shared a few stories in the big thread in GD, and I get a lot of PMs and questions.

First, no, I dont (usually) see or hear them. I can however sense them at times. Most of what I know comes directly from her, and she knows I'm starting this thread, so whatever I cant answer, I can relay to her.

Second, I dont give a shit if you dont believe. This is for people that either do, or are neutral and have questions.

Lastly, if I have to relay a question to her, it may take some time for her to answer depending on time of day, etc.

So, ask away.
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 10:14:58 PM EDT
[#1]
What age did this start happening?
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 10:16:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What age did this start happening?
View Quote
Young, like first memories young. She didnt know what they were until about age 4 or 5. She said it was terrifying at times.
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 10:18:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Young, like first memories young. She didnt know what they were until about age 4 or 5. She said it was terrifying at times.
View Quote
Does she have relatives with the same abilities, mother, grandma, etc...?
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 10:23:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Does she have relatives with the same abilities, mother, grandma, etc...?
View Quote
I think she said that her mom can see them. I'll double check tomorrow.

ETA: @FistPeso

Yes, and on down the line on her mother's side. It was talked about regularly, ensuring that my wife not only knew what she was seeing, but also wasn't judged for it.
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 10:26:18 PM EDT
[#5]
I would consider this strange but my mom has the same thing and I did when I was little.

My mom also has mental illness but luckily I escaped with nothing.

I saw my great grandmother after she died walking by my grandma(she walked 3 miles a day on the farm) and also found a grave in a giant cemetery that I had never been to before that we were looking for because I saw someone near it.

Dont see anything now. Maybe I'm old and jaded.
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 10:26:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I think she said that her mom can see them. I'll double check tomorrow.
View Quote
It would be interesting to know how far back this goes.  So what does your wife believe about the ghosts she has encountered?  Does she sense evil?
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 10:33:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Has she ever seen the typical "Death" figure, similar to my avatar, , and were there any consequences after seeing said Reaper?
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 10:35:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

It would be interesting to know how far back this goes.  So what does your wife believe about the ghosts she has encountered?  Does she sense evil?
View Quote
The dead are like the living. If they were cool in life, they're cool in death. The opposite is also true. Living dickheads turn into dead dickheads. Yes, some are bad news.

The truly evil shit out there never was human to begin with, and while some may see them and think "ghost", that's not what they are.
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 10:36:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Has she ever seen the typical "Death" figure, similar to my avatar, , and were there any consequences after seeing said Reaper?
View Quote
Shes hasn't mentioned it. I doubt he would have a cat head, though.
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 10:41:18 PM EDT
[#10]
One guy in an askreddit thread that worked in hospice saw a reaper one night and it euthanized 4 people back to back. Dude went to check on the monitor alarm of one patient that was dead and heard another go off and caught the thing, it was a shadow. Going from the floor to ceiling. The nurse with him freaked and hoped the f out of there. It seemed to not want to interact with people, except those needing to expire. The “shadow men” stories I believe are typically benign observers that don’t do all that much except make people poo themselves out of the shock of the experience,
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 10:45:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
The dead are like the living. If they were cool in life, they're cool in death. The opposite is also true. Living dickheads turn into dead dickheads. Yes, some are bad news.

The truly evil shit out there never was human to begin with, and while some may see them and think "ghost", that's not what they are.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree.
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 10:47:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Shadow men aren't men. They're something else entirely.
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 10:49:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Shadow men aren't men. They're something else entirely.
View Quote
If you see one ,,,there is no "man'" about it.
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 10:52:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
If you see one ,,,there is no "man'" about it.
View Quote
I've only caught a glimpse. Couldn't tell you anything about it except it was black and it moved. Wife thinks they are possibly demons, or at least some of them are. I can ask her about them tomorrow.
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 10:58:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I've only caught a glimpse. Couldn't tell you anything about it except it was black and it moved. Wife thinks they are possibly demons, or at least some of them are. I can ask her about them tomorrow.
View Quote
No need to ask on my end.
They are not friendlys...imho.
I've had encounters with them. They are not always large or man like.
And i do not care for them.
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 11:01:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Here’s a question the wife might be able to answer. Are ghosts and the other stuff tied to houses and other physical objects? The stories I hear typically have the same (as far as the observer can tell) ghost(s) inhabiting their houses etc. they don’t appear awfully transient.

Any idea why they’re still here interacting on some level? Is every dead thing a ghost and only some with “special gifts” or whatever can manifest and interact a bit with our reality?  Kind of related to this, is it possible to summon them? Can ones that doesn’t seem to manifest be summoned? (Along the lines of the stereotypical medium experience)
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 11:02:50 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Dont see anything now. Maybe I'm old and jaded.
View Quote
That's the rub. Most children can and do see them. However, from a young age we are taught by parents and other authority figures that ghosts aren't real. We learn to shut them out, tune out what we aren't wanted to notice. Ever had an imaginary friend? Well, it's possible it was a dead kid.
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 11:05:58 PM EDT
[#18]
Just out of sheer curiosity, does your wife an opinion about Sasquatch?
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 11:09:29 PM EDT
[#19]
Do they act all pervy and watch people having sex?
Sometimes I'm afraid my grandmothers ghost is watching when I power jack.

Serious question.
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 11:10:33 PM EDT
[#20]
Sister saw some shit when she was younger.  She’s never brought it up since then.

What does your wife think they are?  Ghosts, demons, angels, time warp or something else?
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 11:10:51 PM EDT
[#21]
Do the dead, know that they're dead?
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 11:17:48 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Here’s a question the wife might be able to answer. Are ghosts and the other stuff tied to houses and other physical objects? The stories I hear typically have the same (as far as the observer can tell) ghost(s) inhabiting their houses etc. they don’t appear awfully transient.

Any idea why they’re still here interacting on some level? Is every dead thing a ghost and only some with “special gifts” or whatever can manifest and interact a bit with our reality?  Kind of related to this, is it possible to summon them? Can ones that doesn’t seem to manifest be summoned? (Along the lines of the stereotypical medium experience)
View Quote
They can be tied to places, objects less so. They're more likely to get attached to a living person. Reasons vary. Could be a relative they want to look after. Could be they saw you on the street and just followed you home.

No idea why they are still here. They dont either. She can talk to them, but they usually dont care what she wants. They all seem to be focused on one thing or another. For instance, there's a dead guy in my dad's garage. It's a 2017 build. He says his name is Bill and he's hellbent on making contact with my parents. When they aren't around or when they are and ignore him, he gets pissed. He wont say why, just that he needs to speak with them. He's also obsessed with the comings and goings of their cat.

I dont think they have any "special gifts".

Summon at your own risk. Not recommended. You wont get what you are wanting and it's never good.
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 11:19:53 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Just out of sheer curiosity, does your wife an opinion about Sasquatch?
View Quote
Basically its possible, but not probable.
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 11:20:41 PM EDT
[#24]
Are either of you a follower of the Christian Faith,or born again/baptized?
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 11:22:36 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Do they act all pervy and watch people having sex?
Sometimes I'm afraid my grandmothers ghost is watching when I power jack.

Serious question.
View Quote
Possibly. Depends how pervy they were in life. Google ways to keep them out of your home. Get rid of your welcome mat, to start. It's a blanket "come one, come all" invitation.
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 11:23:10 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Sister saw some shit when she was younger.  She’s never brought it up since then.

What does your wife think they are?  Ghosts, demons, angels, time warp or something else?
View Quote
Depends. What did it look like?
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 11:23:41 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Do the dead, know that they're dead?
View Quote
Yes.
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 11:25:20 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Are either of you a follower of the Christian Faith,or born again/baptized?
View Quote
Shes catholic. I'm still searching.
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 11:26:11 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My sister saw Satan and some ghosts.   I was more curious what your wife thinks what she see’s happen to be.
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 11:32:22 PM EDT
[#30]
Do you guys live in Baltimore?  Because that's not really something that is too uncommon. Depending on your locarion there are at least one or two people getting killed a day.

I
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 11:32:30 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

My sister saw Satan and some ghosts.   I was more curious what your wife thinks what she see’s happen to be.
View Quote
I'll ask her tomorrow. Preliminary answer is this: Satan probably has better things to do. Ghosts dont.  What context? Were they together? Or separate sightings?
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 11:35:40 PM EDT
[#32]
Ask your wife what the point is. If they are non-coporeal then they cannot interact with this reality so they may as well not exist. Also what is the mechanism by which they generate the energy needed to produce photons so people can see them? They aren't solid so they have to be the energy source themselves. Where does this energy come from and can we build furnaces full of ghosts that can power our cities? If yes what is the best way to kill a person so we make sure they both become a ghost and are trapped in the furnace? I have many ghost energy ideas but desperately need your wifes help to pull this off.
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 11:37:52 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Do you guys live in Baltimore?  Because that's not really something that is too uncommon. Depending on tour locarion there are at least one or two people getting killed a day.
View Quote
No. Kentucky.
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 11:40:58 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I dont think they have any "special gifts".

Summon at your own risk. Not recommended. You wont get what you are wanting and it's never good.
View Quote
I strongly disagree, but to each their own.

Imbued with the Spark of Life, we have power and authority over these 'forces of nature.' Helps to know what you're doing though.
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 11:44:18 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Imbued with the Spark of Life, we have power and authority over these 'forces of nature.' Helps to know what you're doing though.
View Quote
@BrowardMason

Now you've piqued my interest.

Care to share more?
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 11:44:35 PM EDT
[#36]
Seriously, one job........

Message sent.  - DV8
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 11:45:00 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Ask your wife what the point is. If they are non-coporeal then they cannot interact with this reality so they may as well not exist. Also what is the mechanism by which they generate the energy needed to produce photons so people can see them? They aren't solid so they have to be the energy source themselves. Where does this energy come from and can we build furnaces full of ghosts that can power our cities? If yes what is the best way to kill a person so we make sure they both become a ghost and are trapped in the furnace? I have many ghost energy ideas but desperately need your wifes help to pull this off.
View Quote
First of all, no one knows the point, not even them. They can interact, just most people dont care enough to notice.

Their energy comes from magnets.

You need a ghost gun to kill them. Duh.
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 11:46:45 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote
Good luck with that. I hope you properly close the door when you're finished.
Link Posted: 7/31/2019 12:09:00 AM EDT
[#39]
Okay. My curiosity is piqued. Please ask your wife if any of the Hollywood movies have approximated what she experiences. If so, which one or ones are closest? Also, who makes the first contact? Them or her and why?
Thanks!
Link Posted: 7/31/2019 12:50:04 AM EDT
[#40]
What are her thoughts on smudging and energy work to remove unwanted individuals from the house? Additionally, what are her thoughts on exorcising places and people?   My wife has had experiences all her life with things like that, and she believes that you can get rid of them.
Link Posted: 7/31/2019 3:11:04 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

No. Kentucky.
View Quote
What county?
Link Posted: 7/31/2019 3:39:54 AM EDT
[#42]
Lastly, if I have to relay a question to her, it may take some time for her to answer depending on time of day, etc.
View Quote
Have her join Arfcom?

Also... has she read Odd Thomas?

The shadow things made me think of the “bodachs” in the stories.

ETA: also for exorcism, I recommend a Saint Benedict medallion.
Link Posted: 7/31/2019 4:41:55 AM EDT
[#43]
Has she ever seen full bodied, detailed shadow people in clothing?

If so, are/were they human or inhuman?
Link Posted: 7/31/2019 5:58:51 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Possibly. Depends how pervy they were in life. Google ways to keep them out of your home. Get rid of your welcome mat, to start. It's a blanket "come one, come all" invitation.
View Quote
Okay, just to clarify, an entry mat (to wipe shoes on) is okay, but avoid the ones that actually spell out "welcome"?

Because that is something I have always done, just on the theory that a "welcome" to anyone at my doorway was a bit too much, and it just felt...wrong. Friends and family are always welcome, but there are plenty of bad folk out there, and a literal, written "welcome" at my door always felt like a "psychic" invitation that may have inadvertently attracted attention from some bad people, like they could pick up a vibe I would be receptive to them in some way if I already "welcomed" them. I never even thought about incorporeal entities "reading" it, though...now I am creeped out!
Link Posted: 7/31/2019 7:41:59 AM EDT
[#45]
Is it like a switch that can be flipped off and on or is she stuck seeing stuff all the time? Are they aware she sees them and nobody else can? Sorry if this was already asked, I skimmed through.
Link Posted: 7/31/2019 7:58:40 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 7/31/2019 8:05:15 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Those aren't dead.  They're just Democrats.  Don't believe me, check the voter registration and when they voted last.

Tj
View Quote
This post belongs in the zombie forum.
Link Posted: 7/31/2019 8:06:19 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Okay. My curiosity is piqued. Please ask your wife if any of the Hollywood movies have approximated what she experiences. If so, which one or ones are closest? Also, who makes the first contact? Them or her and why?
Thanks!
View Quote
ETA:  @np149
She says there aren't any movies that have gotten it right. Closest? None. Hollywood cant do shit correctly.

You know how we gun guys ruin the gunfights in movies by picking out all of the inaccuracies? Well, she does it with ghost shows/movies. I'll ask her which is the closest.

Contact depends. They will come to her once they figure her out (because its exceedingly rare that anyone living can hear/see them). Shes pretty good at ignoring them, though. She will by request make first contact in extreme circumstances (only for close friends and family who are having problems with their unwanted guests)
Link Posted: 7/31/2019 8:12:11 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
What are her thoughts on smudging and energy work to remove unwanted individuals from the house? Additionally, what are her thoughts on exorcising places and people?   My wife has had experiences all her life with things like that, and she believes that you can get rid of them.  
View Quote
Not sure, I just know that she has ways to force them out (a cleansing) Sometimes you can give them an ultimatum and they simmer down.
Link Posted: 7/31/2019 8:12:52 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

What county?
View Quote
Madison
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 15
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top