Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 15
Link Posted: 7/31/2019 8:16:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Is it like a switch that can be flipped off and on or is she stuck seeing stuff all the time? Are they aware she sees them and nobody else can? Sorry if this was already asked, I skimmed through.
View Quote
No switch. All the time. They're like living people,  if someone stares at them, they'll notice. Shes pretty good at looking past them.
Link Posted: 7/31/2019 8:19:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Shes catholic. I'm still searching.
View Quote
Does she think they might be souls in purgatory? Does she pray for them?
Link Posted: 7/31/2019 8:24:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Has she ever seen a blown up old lady with one hand?
Link Posted: 7/31/2019 8:29:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Has she ever seen full bodied, detailed shadow people in clothing?

If so, are/were they human or inhuman?
View Quote
Good question. We talked briefly about them, but she didnt go into detail about their looks.

Not human, and not good.

The way I understand it, is that shadows are bad things that never were human. Dead humans (good, bad, or in between) look like they did at some point in their life. They have a faint grayish outline around their body, but otherwise look just like a person should. Occasionally, one of them will be downright nasty (like died badly and hasn't gotten over it) but most seem to unknowingly pick an age from when they were the most comfortable. (Like my grandpa and his mother. He was 76, she was 101 when they died. He appears in his late 40s, her slightly older)
Link Posted: 7/31/2019 8:32:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Okay, just to clarify, an entry mat (to wipe shoes on) is okay, but avoid the ones that actually spell out "welcome"?

Because that is something I have always done, just on the theory that a "welcome" to anyone at my doorway was a bit too much, and it just felt...wrong. Friends and family are always welcome, but there are plenty of bad folk out there, and a literal, written "welcome" at my door always felt like a "psychic" invitation that may have inadvertently attracted attention from some bad people, like they could pick up a vibe I would be receptive to them in some way if I already "welcomed" them. I never even thought about incorporeal entities "reading" it, though...now I am creeped out!
View Quote
Pretty much. I laughed the first time she told me that. She never displays anything that says "welcome" on it. Our mat has a pic of a hand holding a revolver, and reads "protected by handheld wireless device".
Link Posted: 7/31/2019 8:41:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Does she think they might be souls in purgatory? Does she pray for them?
View Quote
I asked her that first question before. She said that it could be possible because some people die and are never seen again, while others hang around. Where did they go? No one knows.
Link Posted: 7/31/2019 8:48:28 AM EDT
[#7]
Ghost to Ghost AM, checking in.  

Link Posted: 7/31/2019 8:49:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/31/2019 9:14:45 AM EDT
[#9]
You know that thing that you can kinda see out of the corner of your eye, but when you try to look right at it... it's gone? I have been getting that off-and-on lately.

I have felt far more than I have ever seen. There is some wild crap just oozing around L.A., running up and down the streets, and even flying around. City of Angels has some demons too.
Link Posted: 7/31/2019 11:47:49 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I asked her that first question before. She said that it could be possible because some people die and are never seen again, while others hang around. Where did they go? No one knows.
View Quote
I had my first encounter at age 10 or so which sparked a life long interest in the paranormal. One of the first authors I found was Hans Holzer, the book was "Ghost Hunter". He believed that ghosts were parts of people trapped here due to traumatic circumstances and depended upon full trance mediums to speak with the earth bound entity and found that often he could relieve their stress to the point that they could "cross over" ; thus, the haunting of the home in question would end. There is a very large paper back titled "Ghosts" which is a summary of much of his work. I found one on Ebay for about $10.00. The people who cross over seem to go on to an alternate universe where IIRC they have some choice of being reborn. While I find ghosts fascinating they would probably still scare the $hix out of me. I have taken a more practical approach to ESP/ paranormal things and am working on the "Silva Mind Control" program.
Link Posted: 7/31/2019 12:27:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
You know that thing that you can kinda see out of the corner of your eye, but when you try to look right at it... it's gone? I have been getting that off-and-on lately.

I have felt far more than I have ever seen. There is some wild crap just oozing around L.A., running up and down the streets, and even flying around. City of Angels has some demons too.
View Quote
Part of that could be explained by the "blind spot" in our eye, I suppose.
Link Posted: 7/31/2019 1:40:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Or a tumor.

Actually, the explanation I've found that was the most fascinating for the 'shadows/movement out the corner of your eye' is the infrasound theory.

I first read about it several years ago. The guy who made the discovery, happened upon it by sheer accident. An engineer who worked in a building that had a recently been experiencing a lot of these types of 'movement out the corner of your eye, but when you look, there's no one there', and 'generally feeling uneasy, like you're being watched' type stuff.

The account of the discovery that I read, was that he was an avid amateur fencer, and had brought his fencing foil to work for some reason. When he placed it on a stand, he noticed the tip vibrating. He reasoned that it must be some kind of resonant frequency that was inaudible, so he brought some audio measuring equipment to investigate.

What he found was that the newer ventilation ducting that had been installed some time back, was producing a vibration at about 17Hz (19Hz?). After doing a little more research, he discovered that those frequencies produce a sympathetic vibration in the aqueous humor in a lot of people's eyes. Small enough that you don't feel your eyeballs vibrating, but enough that it can create the, "I thought I saw movement out the corner of my eye" illusion.

These frequencies are below the range of human hearing, but the body can feel them. Some sound mixers (Randy Thom is a notable one) have been mixing infrasonic sound effects into movies, down to single digit Hz, even though commercial theaters roll off hard below 30-40Hz. Bass nuts with infrasonic capable HT setups though, absolutely love it. (Eg. In the Tom Cruise remake of War Of The Worlds,  when the geound shakes as the aliens first begin emerging, my floor and walls in the HT shake from the infrasound. Probably not the greatest for structural integrity, but the effect is awesome ).

There are movies that have used these 17-19Hz tones, and they add a noticeable effect, that can make the hair on my arms stand up.

The infrasound angle piqued the engineer's curiosity, so he started investigating all the reputedly 'haunted' sites around the city, using the audio measuring equipment, and found that many of the most haunted sites, had these frequencies from some source.

One of the noted ones was a haunted basement. A lot of folks had mentioned that the moment they stepped into the stairwell leading to the basement, they were immediately hit by a strong, "NOPE" sensation, and refused to go any further.

When he took the measurements there, he found high levels of 17-19Hz infrasound in that stairwell. Apparently, the heavy machinery in the nearby factory was transmitting infrasonic vibrations through the ground, and the stairwell happened to be the right length/dimensions for a resonant chamber at those frequencies.

This could be one of those things that some folks are more sensitive to, than others.

P.S.
This post is simply discussing possible explanations for the,  "I  saw something out the corner of my eye" experiences. Full bodied apparitions are whole different ballgame.
Link Posted: 7/31/2019 1:44:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Hoboninja, am I remembering correctly that your wife has also seen animal ghosts?
Link Posted: 7/31/2019 4:54:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Hoboninja, am I remembering correctly that your wife has also seen animal ghosts?
View Quote
Yes. They look as they did in life as well. They dont have a gray outline, more white. I just got back from burying my best friend (cat) today. I'm anxious to see if he shows up.
Link Posted: 7/31/2019 5:32:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Yes. They look as they did in life as well. They dont have a gray outline, more white. I just got back from burying my best friend (cat) today. I'm anxious to see if he shows up.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Awww, condolences on parting with your kitty.

I hope he does stick around a bit to comfort you before he moves on to wherever he needs to go, unless that would be too distressing for your wife.
Link Posted: 7/31/2019 5:53:12 PM EDT
[#16]
Sorry about your cat buddy.
Link Posted: 7/31/2019 8:18:14 PM EDT
[#17]
Has she ever had a lengthy conversation with one?  Hey my name was/is John Smith, I was born in 1782, a blacksmith and my wife killed me for cheating, etc.  
Is the one in your parents garage, always in the garage?  If not, has she ever asked where he goes when he's not in the garage?  
Has she ever seen anybody she knows?
Link Posted: 7/31/2019 9:20:04 PM EDT
[#18]
has your wife ever seen the ghost of someone she knew before they died?
has a ghost ever indicated that they were better off dead than when they were alive,
as in out of pain, misery, or turmoil?
before they died, did deceased relatives come to get them a day or so before?
Link Posted: 7/31/2019 9:45:33 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Has she ever seen a blown up old lady with one hand?
View Quote
Lol
Link Posted: 7/31/2019 9:53:25 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Awww, condolences on parting with your kitty.

I hope he does stick around a bit to comfort you before he moves on to wherever he needs to go, unless that would be too distressing for your wife.
View Quote
Thank you. It's a rough day.
Link Posted: 7/31/2019 9:53:58 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Sorry about your cat buddy.
View Quote
Thank you.
Link Posted: 7/31/2019 10:12:57 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Has she ever had a lengthy conversation with one?  Hey my name was/is John Smith, I was born in 1782, a blacksmith and my wife killed me for cheating, etc.  
Is the one in your parents garage, always in the garage?  If not, has she ever asked where he goes when he's not in the garage?  
Has she ever seen anybody she knows?
View Quote
Yes. They typically fixate on something, so that's usually what is discussed. No life stories, really. I also learned today that yes, they can move on once they perceive that their objective has been met. Where? Dont know.

He comes and goes. No, she didnt ask him .

Not sure who shes seen.
Link Posted: 7/31/2019 10:16:32 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
has your wife ever seen the ghost of someone she knew before they died?
has a ghost ever indicated that they were better off dead than when they were alive,
as in out of pain, misery, or turmoil?
before they died, did deceased relatives come to get them a day or so before?
View Quote
My grandpa has told her that he is hanging around to help those that he cared about (when they die) And someone named Sue. We dont know anyone by that name.

They dont really talk about how better/worse they feel. They only talk about their mission that keeps them here. They're very focused.
Link Posted: 7/31/2019 11:00:08 PM EDT
[#24]
when she sees them do they typically look "normal" or are there some that are messed up? Like if the ghost of a chinese factory worker came back after an industrial machine accident.
Link Posted: 7/31/2019 11:26:03 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
when she sees them do they typically look "normal" or are there some that are messed up? Like if the ghost of a chinese factory worker came back after an industrial machine accident.
View Quote
Most look normal, as in a regular living person, but they have a gray outline that's translucent (like a smoke Lancer mag) Their bodies are opaque like you and I. A few do look messed up. Sometimes when they die badly, they cant get past it for whatever reason. A few years back, we drove past an abandoned farm house. There was a dead family looking out through the upstairs windows. They were visibly burned from a fire. The house didnt look burned, but could have been remodeled at some point.
Link Posted: 8/1/2019 6:09:21 AM EDT
[#26]
Op. Thank you for the update and please thank your wife too. The movie gun analogy was perfect! My condolences on your loss of your cat as well. Those are very difficult to handle.

If you don’t mind, I have a couple of follow up questions. Does she view her abilities as a gift, a curse or a mixture of each or something else? Does she socialize with other people like her? Are there places that she avoids due to her abilities? I’m imagining that a location that had significant loss of life might be overwhelming (such as say the WTC site or Gettysburg). Or am I way off base?
Link Posted: 8/1/2019 9:27:08 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Op. Thank you for the update and please thank your wife too. The movie gun analogy was perfect! My condolences on your loss of your cat as well. Those are very difficult to handle.

If you don’t mind, I have a couple of follow up questions. Does she view her abilities as a gift, a curse or a mixture of each or something else? Does she socialize with other people like her? Are there places that she avoids due to her abilities? I’m imagining that a location that had significant loss of life might be overwhelming (such as say the WTC site or Gettysburg). Or am I way off base?
View Quote
Kind of like a gift and a skill.

She used to participate in paranormal investigative groups.

She doesn't avoid any place. She's good at ignoring  them.
Link Posted: 8/1/2019 9:55:09 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Like what the poster above said, in places that have had a large number of deaths, does she see them everywhere? In groups?
Link Posted: 8/1/2019 10:26:46 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Like what the poster above said, in places that have had a large number of deaths, does she see them everywhere? In groups?
View Quote
I haven't taken her anywhere that large numbers died at once. There are some civil war battlefields here that I like to visit, but haven't visited with her.

Some places haveva higher concentration of dead people. Pike county Kentucky has a lot of them, she said. There's a cemetery there where about a third of the graves and stones have ghosts just sitting or standing there. They dont know what to do so they just congregate over their bodies.

Yes, there are dead people literally everywhere.
Link Posted: 8/1/2019 11:25:22 PM EDT
[#30]
One more question, has she ever seen anything having to do with the "orbs" that a lot of people claim to see, or does she have an opinion on those? Sorry if this has already been covered.
Link Posted: 8/1/2019 11:41:48 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
One more question, has she ever seen anything having to do with the "orbs" that a lot of people claim to see, or does she have an opinion on those? Sorry if this has already been covered.
View Quote
I'll ask about those soon.
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 2:43:58 AM EDT
[#32]
@hoboninja

Your account has been upgraded.

Thank you for your contributions to this site!
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 4:55:30 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
@hoboninja

View Quote
Very nice.
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 8:41:35 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
@hoboninja

View Quote
You didnt have to do that, but thank you so much!
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 9:51:59 AM EDT
[#35]
Interesting thread.

I have been very slightly precognizant (e.g. having precognition) since a very early age but have never talked about it to anyone as it really has no bearing on my life in general. At a family dinner not long ago my teenage son asked the table if anyone ever "sees things that are going to happen" like it was a normal, every day occurrence for him. My wife was all "wtf, no that never happens and can't be real", he and I talked about it later.

Enough about that, what are your wife's thoughts regarding talismans, relics etc. in regards to supernaturals? I have Middle Eastern relatives and there are a few nazar scattered around the house for general purpose.
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 9:59:12 AM EDT
[#36]
Why does she think she's able to see them and does she get the sense it's for a specific reason?
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 10:02:01 AM EDT
[#37]
Has your wife ever detected something akin to a Bigfoot or similar?

I am just going off of a Swag here, but if she sees the spirits of humans, why wouldn’t she see something that resembles the early hominids (humanoids?) that once inhabited the earth?

No harm meant and not trolling...
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 10:06:27 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Interesting thread.

I have been very slightly precognizant (e.g. having precognition) since a very early age but have never talked about it to anyone as it really has no bearing on my life in general. At a family dinner not long ago my teenage son asked the table if anyone ever "sees things that are going to happen" like it was a normal, every day occurrence for him. My wife was all "wtf, no that never happens and can't be real", he and I talked about it later.

Enough about that, what are your wife's thoughts regarding talismans, relics etc. in regards to supernaturals? I have Middle Eastern relatives and there are a few Nazar scattered around the house for general purpose.
View Quote
I dont know all of the particulars. There are things she does (and puts around the house) to keep "things" out. I personally have not ever heard of "nazar" until now. However, her stuff probably works the same way.

Oh, and her mother occasionally dreams about things that happen. Usually its mundane stuff, though.
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 10:10:19 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Has your wife ever detected something akin to a Bigfoot or similar?

I am just going off of a Swag here, but if she sees the spirits of humans, why wouldn’t she see the same of the early hominids (humanoids?) that once inhabited the earth?

No harm meant and not trolling...
View Quote
Maybe they moved on? Maybe they weren't in North America and have no reason to visit? She does once in a while see traditional native Americans and pioneer type people. Good question. She hasn't mentioned them, but I'll pass it on.

Regarding bigfoot, she thinks they are possibly here somewhere, but not likely. She hasn't noticed anything that struck her as being one.
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 10:13:54 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Why does she think she's able to see them and does she get the sense it's for a specific reason?
View Quote
It's all she's ever known. No reason other than the ability was treated as normal by her family, allowing her to hone the skill.

Once I tested her. She knew shit that she shouldn't have known. I'm convinced.
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 10:22:10 AM EDT
[#41]
Curious if you have kids, and if so are they able to see them?

Also interesting thread!   Being a Christian, I know there is something after my life here has ended.  I find it sad that these people are just wondering and not at their final destination.   That said, maybe it is for them and not others.

Thanks for sharing.
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 10:28:05 AM EDT
[#42]
Story time.

Ok, first let me say that ouija boards are nothing but cardboard and plastic made in a Chinese sweatshop. However, the idea behind it is what gives the users the perceived power to conjure up spirits. You dont need the board, but it builds the confidence to get the job done. Ask the dead, and they will show up sometimes.

Anyway, my brother told me of a time when he and our cousin were home alone and decided to dick around with the board. There were rumors that the man who had built our childhood home haunted it. Lots of shit happened there. Enough that every resident took notice. They learned that he in fact was there, along with his sister (both were elderly) and a teenaged girl. He stayed for a reason (if you're curious I'll go into more detail in another post)

So he told me this after I asked him about some supernatural things going on at his current home. I never told my wife. Instead I drove her to the old house (my uncle owns it now, uses it for a rental) and parked in the driveway. I asked her if she noticed anything about the house. She told me there was an old man and woman in the living room looking out the window at us, as well as a young girl with red hair sitting on the outside steps.
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 10:33:59 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Curious if you have kids, and if so are they able to see them?

Also interesting thread!   Being a Christian, I know there is something after my life here has ended.  I find it sad that these people are just wondering and not at their final destination.   That said, maybe it is for them and not others.

Thanks for sharing.
View Quote
After I spoke with her on Wednesday, she told me that once whatever objective that they had is fulfilled, they do leave. She doesn't know where. Some obviously never get it done and hang around forever. Like my grandpa. He stays to greet his loved ones when they die. He feels it's his job and he wont go on until all of us have been met.

We don't have kids, and we're both 40 and over, so it's not likely we will. She has "step children" from her first husband. Since they aren't blood nor were around her as a small child, they dont have the ability.
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 10:51:36 AM EDT
[#44]
Sorry for the loss of your pet, and thank you for this very interesting thread.
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 11:25:26 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I dont know all of the particulars. There are things she does (and puts around the house) to keep "things" out. I personally have not ever heard of "nazar" until now. However, her stuff probably works the same way.

Oh, and her mother occasionally dreams about things that happen. Usually its mundane stuff, though.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Interesting thread.

Enough about that, what are your wife's thoughts regarding talismans, relics etc. in regards to supernaturals? I have Middle Eastern relatives and there are a few Nazar scattered around the house for general purpose.

my link was off, its updated here. I had to reference something other than wikipedia as ARF keeps jamming the link up.
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 11:29:44 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

my link was off, its updated here.
View Quote
I didn't notice. I googled it in a separate window
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 8:47:48 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote
@Domnior

She says that orbs are how they appear to some people. She may see the body, but you or I would see the energy output, which is the orb. It's a defense mechanism from our brains to block out what we might not be able to handle.
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 9:47:57 PM EDT
[#48]
@hoboninja
Thanks for answering all the questions, it is appreciated.
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 9:56:19 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
@hoboninja
Thanks for answering all the questions, it is appreciated.
View Quote
Glad to help. Hopefully this thread will help those who have had encounters understand what they were going through.
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 10:23:08 PM EDT
[#50]
Have you ever seen anything when you with her?  In my case, my wife and I like to walk around the local cemetary to get some exercise, (it is pine tree lined and cool in the summer, unlike the southern Utah desert surrounding it).  Anyway, I was not much of a believer about ghosts or spirits  and I just tried to humor her (been married 34 years and learned what to argue about).  One evening we were walking around the cemetary when she said "look over there".  When I looked I saw a young boy dressed in overalls with one strap holding them up over a red shirt (looked to be 10-12 years old) walk between two trees and then disappeared. She told me that he had drowned while swimming in the local creek and was waiting for his parents to find him. Another time, she said look at the guy leaning up against the shed, sure enough there was a dark figure leaning there and when I looked at her and then looked back he was gone. She said  "he is one of the bad ones I see from time to time".  I don't envy her that ability, and had I not seen the same thing on two occasions I would have just brushed it off as part of being married to a crazy redhead.
Page / 15
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top