Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Posted: 3/17/2019 2:47:55 AM EDT
Wash and NJ

Apparently the Washington State Senate has passed a bill saying if Trump doesn't release his tax returns, he won't be on the ballot. Minimum 5 years of returns.
The dems are looking for "criminal activity" on his taxes. Haha Wow.

How can Washington pass a law like that regarding federal elections? It's still got a ways to go, but still.
They will do literally anything they can. The amount of time wasted on shit like this is mind blowing.

Looked for a dupe, didn't find one.
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 2:58:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Why don’t they just pass a bill saying that Washington State gets to pick both presidential candidates?

The left is getting more hysterical and deranged by the day. I worry to where this is all heading.
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 2:59:40 AM EDT
[#2]

Retards still obsessed about his tax returns.
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 3:00:33 AM EDT
[#3]
I don't suppose they're too  concerned about a birth certificate, are they?
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 3:01:46 AM EDT
[#4]
idiots in olympia.

Its sad to see what has happened to this state...it used to be a great place to live.
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 3:01:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Why are these idiots pushing for a civil war?
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 3:03:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Im sorry guys... this state has turned into a fucking cartoon... what an embarrassment...
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 3:04:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Please don't lump me in with our retarded politicians. I feel like that even though this is the Evergreen State, we need to water the trees here...its getting out of hand.
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 3:04:46 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Im sorry guys... this state has turned into a fucking cartoon... what an embarrassment...
View Quote
Don't worry, Kate Brown will come up with something to top that.
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 3:04:57 AM EDT
[#9]
Oh the anguish is so sweet, fuckers are going to have aneurisms....
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 3:06:32 AM EDT
[#10]
Try all they like, can no do with a federal election.
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 3:08:46 AM EDT
[#11]
Federal funds suspended in 3.2.1.
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 3:09:34 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote
Every President since the 1970's has released their detailed tax returns. Trump mentioned many many times he would release them at a future date. Then he started making excuses saying "I can't release them because I'm currently being audited" (<- which is a lie, you CAN still release them) which then turned into "I'm not releasing them."

I also think Trump gets extra backlash because he was the one of the loudest mouths when it came to transparency with Obama. He was constantly calling into Fox & Friends about Obama's school records, birth certificates, etc.. Plus Trump loves to constantly toot his own horn about his success and how he's the greatest/best, etc.. A lot of people simply think "Dude, put your money where you mouth is and show us your detailed taxes."

If this was Obama or Clinton refusing to release their taxes, this place would go on meltdown. Again, zero consistency with so many here. It's always "Orange man always good" with EVERYTHING.
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 3:10:32 AM EDT
[#13]
If those and any other lefty States have no desire to participate.....thats fine with me.  
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 3:12:26 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 3:12:35 AM EDT
[#15]
Do they realize this works both ways?

Trump wasn't going to win WA or NJ anyway.

What if the purple states decide to put their own conditions on D candidates & keep them off the ballot?
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 3:12:59 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Every President since the 1970's has released their detailed tax returns. Trump mentioned many many times he would release them at a future date. Then he started making excuses saying "I can't release them because I'm currently being audited" which then turned into "I'm not releasing them."

I also think Trump gets extra backlash because he was the one of the loudest mouths when it came to transparency with Obama. He was constantly calling into Fox & Friends about Obama's school records, birth certificates, etc..
View Quote
You don't think the IRS would have found criminality in his returns?   They're kinda good at it ya know....

What has been done by prior candidates as tradition is of no concern to me.
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 3:13:33 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Every President since the 1970's has released their detailed tax returns. Trump mentioned many many times he would release them at a future date. Then he started making excuses saying "I can't release them because I'm currently being audited" (<- which is a lie, you CAN still release them) which then turned into "I'm not releasing them."

I also think Trump gets extra backlash because he was the one of the loudest mouths when it came to transparency with Obama. He was constantly calling into Fox & Friends about Obama's school records, birth certificates, etc.. Plus Trump loves to constantly toot his own horn about his success and how he's the greatest/best, etc.. A lot of people simply think "Dude, put your money where you mouth is and show us your detailed taxes."

If this was Obama or Clinton refusing to release their taxes, this place would go on meltdown. Again, zero consistency with so many here. It's always "Orange man always good" with EVERYTHING.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sorry your girl lost...

Link Posted: 3/17/2019 3:13:57 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
If those and any other lefty States have no desire to participate.....thats fine with me.  
View Quote
They didn't say they wouldn't participate.
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 3:15:38 AM EDT
[#19]
He is President, dont show them shit. Don't have to.
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 3:16:27 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote
No, not quite. I wouldn't have a problem with liberals demanding transparency from Republicans if they would stop having a tantrum every time we demand the same from Democrats.
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 3:18:33 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, you know, being a natural born citizen is kind of a requirement for the office, but Obama didn't exactly want to cough that proof up, either.

Trump is under no requirement to release tax forms.  The left only wants them so they can try and find some nit to pick against him.  He's literally in a no-win situation in this regard, so why play along?  Republicans have bought into the alinksyist tactics of the left for decades, rolled over, and given the left nearly everything they wanted.   It's high time someone told the spoiled babies on the left "no."  And guess what, when you finally tell spoiled babies "no", they cry and throw a fit.  It's to be expected.
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 3:19:48 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote
Who cares - his taxes was not an issue for the voters that elected him, that ship has sailed.
Madcow even released his stolen NYS returns & that only proved that he pays more than the 0bama's, the Clinton's, & Sanders combined.

Nothing in the constitution says you have to release your tax returns in order to be president anyway - as long as you're natural born & over the age of 35 you're good to go.

And even if he did release his returns (which consist of a 1040 form, nothing more) then they would start screaming for his kids tax returns & all the various Trump businesses returns.

The BC controversy was started by the Clintons in the primary because 0bama was not natural born & he presented an obviously forged BC to the public.
If he had just provided an original then that issue would have gone away.
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 3:21:56 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote
Well why would they assume that their EV's would be counted if they conspired to keep someone off the ballot?
Trump says fuck you, they don't count - then it can go to SCOTUS for a ruling...
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 3:23:44 AM EDT
[#24]
For the party of love and acceptance

they sure fucking hate PRESIDENT TRUMP
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 3:24:16 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Well why would they assume that their EV's would be counted if they conspired to keep someone off the ballot?
Trump says fuck you, they don't count - then it can go to SCOTUS for a ruling...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Because they're not thinking that far ahead.
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 3:24:30 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Well, you know, being a natural born citizen is kind of a requirement for the office, but Obama didn't exactly want to cough that proof up, either.

Trump is under no requirement to release tax forms.  The left only wants them so they can try and find some nit to pick against him.  He's literally in a no-win situation in this regard, so why play along?  Republicans have bought into the alinksyist tactics of the left for decades, rolled over, and given the left nearly everything they wanted.   It's high time someone told the spoiled babies on the left "no."  And guess what, when you finally tell spoiled babies "no", they cry and throw a fit.  It's to be expected.
View Quote
Trump could always release an obvious fake return like 0bama did with his BC too.
Just make up whatever numbers will trigger the left the most, then dump them on Twitter on the Friday night of a holiday weekend...
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 3:26:33 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote
I disagree I have never cared what was on any tax return for a candidate. Tax returns don't matter. What is on a transcript, DD 214, resume that matters. They are applying for job.
If they did something illegal on taxes that is for the IRS to find out.
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 3:27:23 AM EDT
[#28]
I will write him in, fuck them
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 3:28:33 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Oh I know they didn't  but playing games like this just might cause them some problems with getting their electoral votes counted.

We shall see....  
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 3:28:58 AM EDT
[#30]
This is what I see every time the Democrats do this stuff:

Link Posted: 3/17/2019 3:29:15 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote
I don't give a fuck about any Americans tax returns. Whether it's FBHO, Trump or anyone else. Literally means nothing.
You don't think people cheat on their taxes? If FBHO or FHRC did it, I wouldn't give a shit either.
Now a birth certificate is a little more important than how much someone paid in taxes.
For all the shit he's been through I hope he pays 0.
Everyone wants to see the "rich" get raped on taxes. Fuck that. Punish them because they're more successful than you or I? I don't think so.
And I'm far from wealthy.
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 3:32:15 AM EDT
[#32]
If Congress gets them as they have said,  they will be leaked.  Oh well.
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 4:00:54 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote
If there was anything in there they would have been leaked already by the IRS.
Either Hussein would have ordered it right before the election (which he has a track record of, like going all the way to a CA judge to get Jack Ryan's sealed divorce records published), or Lois Lerner's buddies would be doing it now...
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 4:04:00 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote
I'm really, really, really sorry your girl lost. Please try to put it behind you.

Politicians don't release records unless it's to their benefit, or ordered by a court. And they sure don't release anything an opponent can use to beat them over the head. Obama hid his transcripts, Hillery hid her thesis and research papers. The hue and cry for Trump's returns are driven by his enemies.

Even if Trump's returns are squeeky clean, they will be twisted into an indictment punishable by lynching.

Remember Harry Reid's lies about Romney not filing tax returns?

It's too late. He is the President. All the cry babies need to pull up their huggies and move on.
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 4:04:01 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote
I can all but guarantee you two things.
1.The IRS, NYS and NYC have picked through every tax return Trump or any company or organization he is part of with a fine tooth comb.
2.Some "fellow traveller" IRS employee has leaked the returns to Pelosi, Schumer etc. They know what is in there, this is just hay making for political expedience.

The one thing in Trump's returns that is potentially damaging?
He isn't nearly as wealthy as he claims to be. He is a billionaire but has grossly overstated his net worth.
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 4:04:46 AM EDT
[#36]
It's just more anti-Trump propaganda to keep the useful idiot base of voters excited for 2020. It's silly.
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 4:05:03 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
You don't think the IRS would have found criminality in his returns?   They're kinda good at it ya know....

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Every President since the 1970's has released their detailed tax returns. Trump mentioned many many times he would release them at a future date. Then he started making excuses saying "I can't release them because I'm currently being audited" which then turned into "I'm not releasing them."

I also think Trump gets extra backlash because he was the one of the loudest mouths when it came to transparency with Obama. He was constantly calling into Fox & Friends about Obama's school records, birth certificates, etc..

This.  This whole argument is nothing but hysterical screeching.  Obama took his own sweet time with the fake birth certificate he pulled out of his ass.
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 4:08:55 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

1.The IRS, NYS and NYC have picked through every tax return Trump or any company or organization he is part of with a fine tooth comb.
2.Some "fellow traveller" IRS employee has leaked the returns to Pelosi, Schumer etc. They know what is in there, this is just hay making for political expedience.

He isn't nearly as wealthy as he claims to be. He is a billionaire but has grossly overstated his net worth.
View Quote
His tax returns won't show his net worth, they will only show the income he paid himself which will be much less.
The rubes that vote D won't be able to understand this & the fake news won't explain it to them...
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 4:12:21 AM EDT
[#39]
Not like they were going to go for Trump anyway.
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 4:17:46 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Federal funds suspended in 3.2.1.
View Quote
Federal funds to NJ should have been cut in 2016.
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 4:39:17 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote
This.

In addition, I have no interest in the tax returns of someone who was not a .gov employee before they were running.  In contrast, I'd be very interested in just how members of Congress become multi-millionaires in short order on $173K/year Congressional pay when they started out middle class at best.
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 4:39:53 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote
in light of the recent college admissions bribery scandal....

how sbout Obama's college transcripts?

or his admissions paperwork?

who bribed those schools for Obama to get admitted?
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 4:43:29 AM EDT
[#43]
LOL, they have no control over a federal election ballot.
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 4:45:46 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 4:48:17 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote
They sure haven't found anything wrong with the CF in over 20 years, and there's a Lot to find if they looked.
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 4:51:48 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Wash and NJ

Apparently the Washington State Senate has passed a bill saying if Trump doesn't release his tax returns, he won't be on the ballot. Minimum 5 years of returns.
The dems are looking for "criminal activity" on his taxes. Haha Wow.

How can Washington pass a law like that regarding federal elections? It's still got a ways to go, but still.
They will do literally anything they can. The amount of time wasted on shit like this is mind blowing.

Looked for a dupe, didn't find one.
View Quote
The States have complete controul over how Presidential elections are run within their respective boundaries.  All the Constitution does is say how Electors are to be apportioned, that votes are cast on a State-by-State basis, and that they are transmitted sealed to Congress, which tallies them, and also states that there shall be an absolute majority to win (and provides for backup methods if no majority is achieved).  That's it.  It leaves everything else to the States.

States have complete latitude on how to choose Electors.  Electors do not even have to be elected.  The State legislature can choose them, or the Governor can appoint them, or there can be some indirect method of election, some direct method, a lottery, or whatever; heck, it can be a mix of methods.

This latitude includes States determining qualifications for Electors, and they certainly could disqualify any slate of Electors pledged to a person who does not meet certain criteria (such as not releasing tax returns).  It's stupid and wrong, and obviously not based on any effort to do something good in this case, but it is what it is.

However, Electors can still constitutionally vote for whoever they want.  So in theory, Trump could still get WA electoral votes, as unlikely as that is, even with this law.  Technically, Electors can even nominate candidates for President, which was how it was done in the earliest years of the Republic.

While the Feds have intruded a lot into the realm of Federal elections, their legitimate controul in this area is pretty minimal (and largely negative); our system was designed to make the States controul a lot when it came to Federal elections.  There seems to be a common misconception on this forum, though, that the opposite is the case.
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 4:53:54 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
They sure haven't found anything wrong with the CF in over 20 years, and there's a Lot to find if they looked.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cant find something if you arent actually looking for it.
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 4:55:15 AM EDT
[#48]
I’m laughing because they think Trump does his own taxes, not a bunch of big CPA firms or accountants/tax attornies.  Nope.  Trump must do his own taxes and cheats on them!  Cheats I say!

Link Posted: 3/17/2019 4:56:14 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Trump can't do that.  He has no power over Federal elections, especially his own.  Congress is the one that tallies and certifies the vote.  Total conflict of interest for the President to be the one to do that and, again, unconstitutional.

And, as I've mentioned above, WA can choose its Electors however it wants and require whatever qualifications for Electors that it wants as far as the Constitution is concerned.  The legislature could just pick a slate of Electors pledged to the Democrat and be done with it if that's what they want to do.  Appointing Electors by legislation, after all, was for a time the most common method of choosing Electors in this country.

Trump's chosen candidates for Elector have no entitlement to be given consideration; nor do anyone else's slate of candidates for Elector, for that matter.  It's stupid and spiteful for WA to do this, but that's a separate matter.
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 4:57:38 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
His tax returns won't show his net worth, they will only show the income he paid himself which will be much less.
The rubes that vote D won't be able to understand this & the fake news won't explain it to them...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They'll demand tax returns for all his companies too.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top