BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 8
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 8:48:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 8:54:29 PM EDT
[#2]
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9835357/Creepy-1m-Dallas-home-huge-concrete-rooms-fake-WINDOWS.html

Not CIA or NSA. Utility building skirting zoning laws.

Post from the article

'They built several of them and designed them to look like regular houses but they still stuck out like a sore thumb because they were 3 times bigger than the other houses in the neighborhood. If you’re from Dallas, this house is on Coit Road between Spring Valley and LBJ Freeway,' the Instagram user added.

One user replied with: 'I think there were zoning laws prohibiting them from building a utility management center, so they had to make it look like a residential home. They FAILED. There are actually two of these buildings right next to each other on Coit. They are so very conspicuous and ugly!'  

Link Posted: 7/28/2021 9:00:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Are those regular sprinkler lines?  Wouldn't a server farm or data center use something other than plain water?

https://photos.zillowstatic.com/fp/d1036c741eb59cbc5ee4b0c57eb0fba8-uncropped_scaled_within_1536_1152.webp

And what's the cage for?

https://photos.zillowstatic.com/fp/7a5a981f2cc15e887b74568061aaf7af-uncropped_scaled_within_1536_1152.webp
View Quote

In this thread we learn who’s never been in an AT&T legacy datacenter. This is like a much scaled down version of Datasite Orlando, a former $30M AT&T datacenter. Just missing the moat out front.
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 9:01:52 PM EDT
[#4]
my telco guys say it's an old switch site.  
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 9:03:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

In this thread we learn who’s never been in an AT&T legacy datacenter. This is like a much scaled down version of Datasite Orlando, a former $30M AT&T datacenter. Just missing the moat out front.
View Quote

ITT we find people trying to shame others for not being familiar with outdated, niche applications and laughing that they're not among the <.5% of the population who've ever had any experience with them, and laughing at people for not having insanely obscure niche experience.
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 9:07:21 PM EDT
[#6]
I find it really *REALLY* hard to believe the government use a prominent, huge ass house like that... in a neighborhood like that, so closely packed with its neighbors.

If the government was doing something shady there, then the government is even stupider than it looks. A house like that, with dark vans coming and going all hours of the day or night? That would raise a shit ton of suspicion and lure onlookers that they probably want to avoid.

I could totally see them doing this to a house in a wealthy neighborhood, on a larger lot, a fair distance from the road and neighbors.
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 9:08:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

that carpet confirms 100% gov bldg
View Quote
Meh, screams "cheapskate industrial carpet" to me.
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 9:09:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

ITT we find people trying to shame others for not being familiar with outdated, niche applications and laughing that they're not among the <.5% of the population who've ever had any experience with them, and laughing at people for not having insanely obscure niche experience.
View Quote

It's not lack of familiarity that garners ridicule, it's the made up ridiculous tin foil BS.
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 9:10:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Are those regular sprinkler lines?  Wouldn't a server farm or data center use something other than plain water?

https://photos.zillowstatic.com/fp/d1036c741eb59cbc5ee4b0c57eb0fba8-uncropped_scaled_within_1536_1152.webp

And what's the cage for?

https://photos.zillowstatic.com/fp/7a5a981f2cc15e887b74568061aaf7af-uncropped_scaled_within_1536_1152.webp

Datacenters need gun lockers and interview rooms?
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 9:11:29 PM EDT
[#10]
That 'interview room' was very likely a multi-purpose lunch/break/meeting room.  (and probably part janitor closet).
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 9:12:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
This was an AT&T data center.  It was built into a neighborhood because it was a rare geographic location in the DFW area that had the capability to hook the building into two completely separate power grids.  

Take the tin foil off.
View Quote
Yeah... thats probably the explanation.

That building has TRIPLE Redundancy for power.
An NSA Blacksite would likely be OK with one grid connection, and *MAYBE* a generator.
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 9:14:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

It's not lack of familiarity that garners ridicule, it's the made up ridiculous tin foil BS.
View Quote

Why is ridiculous tin foil BS worthy of ridicule? It exposes an active imagination, and frankly, it's actually useful for getting people who know their shit riled up so they dress down the tin foilers and people who want to learn get to learn quickly. When people DON'T tin foil hard, people that know their shit are less quick to correct people on wrong speculations.
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 9:16:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And what's the cage for?

Who says those are interview rooms?

Look at the satellite view, there’s another building just like it behind it.

Utility companies try to make their offices blend in to comply with local building regulations, we have a couple here that look like houses, but are obviously not.

The biggest tards of all are the people who think it’s some nefarious secret site.

A secret site in the giant fucking eyesore of a building on the corner of a busy street and a four lane road.

Link Posted: 7/28/2021 9:17:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This ^

For example:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 7/28/2021 9:20:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

This ^

For example:

View Quote

I mean... how many black sites and safe houses has a normal person seen? Their inability to tell the difference between a black site/safe house/truly clandestine center and a disguised industrial building shouldn't be surprising, it's not like normal people actually have examples of leaked or declassified safe houses to compare to...

They're attempting to explain the inexplicable with what they've seen in movies. Fairly understandable phenomenon. The Aztecs didn't have horses/ate them thousands of years previously, so referred to them as "really large dogs" as they didn't have a vocabulary to encompass such a radically different concept.
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 9:23:39 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Utility companies try to make their offices blend in to comply with local building regulations, we have a couple here that look like houses, but are obviously not.

The biggest tards of all are the people who think it’s some nefarious secret site.

A secret site in the giant fucking eyesore of a building on the corner of a busy street and a four lane road.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And what's the cage for?

I've been in DEA offices that looked like non conspicuous office buildings/floors, same with ATF. They were complete with interview rooms and vaults and comms systems.

Looking at it more I agree that's an office/check in area. I can see the same microphone hole window now.
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 9:39:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Looks like it could have been an indoor "energy management center" for a power company.

I know some sewer companies will disguise a pumping station in a house so it "blends" with the neighborhood.

https://www.wvxu.org/post/hidden-works-whats-really-inside-house
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 9:41:29 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
AT&T is also known to work with the NSA and CIA, it would make sense they used them as a front.
View Quote

And verizon
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 9:43:17 PM EDT
[#19]
I used to go to the In N Out down the street
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 9:45:06 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Lockers for your cell phone. I've been in places with a cubby or basket for cells, never a locker though.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Data center doesn't explain the lockers on the inside of the door. Weapons lockers? Even secure data centers I've been in didn't require me to leave my phone.

the good news is, looks like you're getting a hell of a generator!

Lockers for your cell phone. I've been in places with a cubby or basket for cells, never a locker though.

You don't want Vendor A accusing Vendor B of fucking with their cellphone while your lobby girl is watching Springer.
So you tell them both to lock it up in the boxes or leave them in their cars.

Kharn
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 9:54:29 PM EDT
[#21]
It was full of ballot printers last summer-early fall
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 9:57:10 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
It was full of ballot printers last summer-early fall
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/28/2021 10:07:07 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

That's not a SCIF.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/28/2021 10:10:56 PM EDT
[#24]
Any current T folks want to log into SAMS and see if that address shows up?
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 10:15:00 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Every SCIF and classified data center I have ever been in (quite a few) had lockers for your cell phones.
View Quote

Hint, a pro knows, you put your car keys, phone, smart watch in the box and take the small key with you.  Always put your car keys in it, so you don't drive off and forget your shit.  If in uniform, put your cover in there also.
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 10:21:00 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
One of the google street views you can see the white service vans in the driveway of the other AT&T house behind it.  

I had no idea they made such centers look like houses to (somewhat) blend in.  That looks like a rough area now.  I'm sure it was decent in the 70's.

https://goo.gl/maps/WLEPCqTtwzjRR2Pv5
View Quote

Except that building was built in 1999 and the one for sale built in 2000
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 10:23:59 PM EDT
[#27]
I'm half a mile from there, guess I'll go check it out tomorrow
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 10:28:47 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 7/28/2021 10:48:29 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
My first guess was pot needle cultivation/grow site, but CIA?

Sure
View Quote

Nobody trying to stay under the radar of the cops would build that there.
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 10:48:37 PM EDT
[#30]
What I find amusing is that certain people that are adamant that it's a black site are the same people shitting on other peoples theories of what was/is going on with the world in other threads.

GD is truly amusing and saddening at the same time.
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 10:53:44 PM EDT
[#31]
You guys want really interesting?

35.7828635, -79.0739924
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 10:55:19 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I'm pretty sure midcap is just messing with the crazies through the application of heavy sarcasm.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

maybe, that's a serious freaking door....double panel metal with a solid core.

no way in hell that's AT&T spec...it screams govt

With a single weak knob, no deadbolt or other locking mechanism

lol...there is no one in the world breaking through that knob with out serious equipment.

Not to mention the people on the other side of the door and next door, it's not like it would have been left unattended. Probably covered with cameras as well.

exactly, this isn't a jail or prison. It's an interrogation room.

not enhanced interrogation at that....the floors are polished cement.

It’s an office.

The next room over is the security room. You can see the plexiglass window and the lockers in the hallway beyond it. It has almost the same floor design as my kids elementary school.

Some of you guys have an over active imagination.

I'm pretty sure midcap is just messing with the crazies through the application of heavy sarcasm.

sarcasm so heavy when I lift it it make my back spasm.
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 10:56:34 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 10:59:49 PM EDT
[#34]
The building is connected to two electrical grids and also features a natural gas generator that has is powered by two diesel fuel tanks in the event of a natural gas failure, making the chance of power loss a very rare

It runs on nat gas and diesel?  That's a new one on me
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 11:00:34 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Missing the rooms with floor drains.
View Quote

Why would floor drains be needed?  Matt Graver found some other effective methods that didn't require any water.

Sicario: Day of the Soldado (2018) - No Rules Today Scene (3/10) | Movieclips
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 11:01:23 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

35.7828635, -79.0739924
View Quote

Aah, the Deep Hole.  It's one of a network of similar sites, the "project offices"

The wiki calls them "structurally dependable" facilities.  I like that verbiage.  

Long Lines ran a lot of buildings that went down instead of up in addition to those though, interconnects on the national network too, not just dedicated mil links like the POs.

ETA- "Buckingham" is a decommissioned link in that array and is likely VERY similar to the NC site.  That link has a ton of pics inside and out.
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 11:02:02 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

35.7828635, -79.0739924
View Quote
Underground parking garage for people going on nature walks?
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 11:06:46 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

35.7828635, -79.0739924
View Quote

What is it @landsat8 ?
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 11:07:14 PM EDT
[#39]
These guys run a couple of decommissioned AT&T interconnect bunkers as tape backup warehouses.  You'd find those listed on old AT&T network diagrams as Netcong and Holmdel.
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 11:11:09 PM EDT
[#40]
Can someone actually post blacksites or similar safehouses, that actually exist?
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 11:12:07 PM EDT
[#41]
Attachment Attached File

This is why they abandoned it
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 11:14:47 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Can someone actually post blacksites or similar safehouses, that actually exist?
View Quote

No lol, and if you don't know what one looks like you're the idiot for not being among the <.01% who's ever even seen anything close to a real one, active or decommissioned.

What, you can't even grasp the intricacies of the newest papers on string theory? You dumb peasant.
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 11:15:40 PM EDT
[#43]
be a great zombie apocalypse refuge, plenty of storage, relatively secure, high wall in the back. Now if it has an easily accessible flat roof it would be great.
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 11:20:17 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

You... you really asked for someone to post that info on a public forum.

I can’t even come up with a snarky response. You’ve rendered me temporarily incapable of higher level thought.
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 11:20:43 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

No lol, and if you don't know what one looks like you're the idiot for not being among the <.01% who's ever even seen anything close to a real one, active or decommissioned.

What, you can't even grasp the intricacies of the newest papers on string theory? You dumb peasant.
View Quote

Lol. If things keep up, I’m sure me, you, and a lot of other people on this site will join the .01%.
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 11:21:10 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Check out the street view.
If that place doesn't stick out like a whore in church...
View Quote

Why don't they just call the number on the telephone pole?

"We buy houses as-is cash"
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 11:22:54 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Lol. If things keep up, I’m sure me, you, and a lot of other people on this site will join the .01%.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Extraordinary Rendition is one hell of a way to meet new people in places you never thought you'd get to travel to.
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 11:23:22 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

You... you really asked for someone to post that info on a public forum.

I can’t even come up with a snarky response. You’ve rendered me temporarily incapable of higher level thought.
View Quote

I wasn’t asking for one currently in use. I’m sure there’s been some cases of documentation on things that are at least similar, particularly in the cases of safehouses. I’m assuming there is at least some publicly available info, and if there was some of the nerds on this website would have it.
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 11:24:22 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Just a pumping station.  That is how they hide them in residential areas.
View Quote
They do but that's not what this is...
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 11:25:06 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Could have been a telecom building that they blended into the neighborhood.

Of course, that probably means the NSA was in there, not the CIA.

ETA, I didn't catch the 6" plexiglass with a firing hole on my first look, so who the hell knows.
View Quote
What's interesting is that it's being sold as a residential property...
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top