Page / 6
Link Posted: 10/9/2021 12:35:54 PM EDT
[#1]
I am so glad I left NY.
Link Posted: 10/9/2021 12:49:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

In other words, the "buy from the trunk of Ray Ray's G-ride" method of firearms acquisition. A very streamlined and hassle free process!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Or just talk to the right people in the right neighborhoods and you can get a handgun in a day.  It might be a little warm and lacking numbers, but its a way faster process.  

Laws don't affect criminals.

In other words, the "buy from the trunk of Ray Ray's G-ride" method of firearms acquisition. A very streamlined and hassle free process!

Exactly.

If laws don't apply to criminals then why should they apply to us?

Seriously.

Too often I hear "But that's against the law!"

Fuck that shit.

Let's face it, for one reason or another most of us have wittingly or unwittingly committed a felony or two at some point. Remember that $100 bet you won over who would win the World Series?

Did you make a careful note of that and report it on your tax returns? Hell no! You stuck it in your pocket and bought a couple of boxes of ammo with it. Bingo! Tax evasion! Welcome to the underworld of desperate criminals and you did't even know it.

Most of you guys call yourselves 'law abiding citizens' and to me that's a fucking joke. Most of us are anything but that.

What we ARE is simply decent human beings.

I once posted on Nextdoor that I ALWAYS stop at lemonade stands run by little kids that are de facto criminal enterprises. They're unlicensed, uninspected and untaxed. I stop and buy lemonade there knowingly supporting a criminal enterprise because nothing give me more joy than helping a young child embark on a life of crime.

Link Posted: 10/9/2021 12:52:43 PM EDT
[#3]
I picked up a 2" .38 a few blocks off times square in the 80's, dude might've been named cornpop... or not.
Link Posted: 10/9/2021 12:53:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Sounds like a lot of trouble

Just do this

https://apnews.com/article/5dc2beaa630145c89049f6294afe7782

A corruption probe at the New York Police Department has cast a harsh light on how people get handgun permits in a city that boasts some of the nation’s toughest gun laws.

Federal prosecutors say a shady fixer’s cash bribes induced officers working in NYPD’s licensing division to rubber-stamp dozens of gun applications, circumventing stringent background checks intended to weed out candidates with criminal records, mental health problems and other red flags. The potential public safety breach comes amid a national debate over whether easy access to weapons fueled the Orlando massacre and other mass shootings.

“We don’t want guns getting into the wrong hands, and we have officers of the law facilitating that process,” said Leah Gunn Barrett, executive director of New Yorkers Against Gun Violence. “That is not a good situation.”

The New York investigation caught Alex “Shaya” Lichtenstein, a volunteer safety patrol member in his Orthodox Jewish neighborhood, on tape bragging that he had obtained at least 150 licenses for people to carry guns by paying up to $6,000 in bribes for each weapon.
Link Posted: 10/9/2021 12:59:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Man and I thought the 10 day wait in CA was bad
Link Posted: 10/9/2021 1:05:21 PM EDT
[#6]
When I got mine ages ago, I didn't need the class. It was:

Get the paperwork from the county clerk

Fill it out with 3 or 5 references that I've known for minimum 5 years (god forbid one backs out)

Get fingerprints

Get picture

Take all paperwork to sheriffs office for approval

Drop of forms at county clerk and pay the $100 filing fee

Wait 7+ months for the paperwork to be mailed to Albany and processed

Recieve permit from clerk

Take permit to gunshop

Take purchase receipt to clerk for addition to permit (make, serial, caliber)

Return to gunshop to pick up gun

Thats the only gun you're allowed to carry, and if its for range use only, youre screwed.

Once I moved to PA it was:

Go to CCW office at the sheriffs office

Fill out paperwork and have prints taken

Pay maybe 10 bucks

Wait for paperwork to be scanned to Harrisburg and processed

Receive permit in mail 4 days later, but only because it was a weekend

Buy whatever the fuck you want, cuz no one cares, and OC if you want cuz no permit is required for that shit.
Link Posted: 10/9/2021 1:33:03 PM EDT
[#7]
I think in Westchester you missed the second step.  Wait 9 to 12 months for an appointment to get fingerprinted by the county. I got my permit almost 40 years ago and it was still a pita that took almost an entire year to complete.  
My last addition took months since the judge decided that my gun safe needed to be re-inspected before adding another pistol.  Oh yeah, in Westchester before you can buy more than a couple of pistols you are required to purchase a safe and have it inspected by the county police before the judge will add them to your pistol permit.  My safe was last inspected almost 20 years ago so it needed to be re-inspected for some reason.  15 months before I escape this hellhole.
Link Posted: 10/9/2021 1:34:41 PM EDT
[#8]
With the amount of time they have been on the books, and amount of “reviews” and suits they must have sustained regarding their lawfulness, and still the governments have come to the same conclusion.

The constitution is clear in wording, intent, and history, and quite beside that divinely inspired document that founded the greatest society to ever yet exist, is the obvious innate right to one’s own defense- a natural alltruism.

The people in these restrictive states, and I do not say this lightly, have a just moral, spiritual, and legal cause for *up to* physical violence against those that oppress them.

The time to make a change with any other corse of action has long passed. You, or your fathers, or your countrymen have appeased, or at best failed to conquer evil and have allowed real tyranny to take root.

It is sickening to those of us in “free” states what you have allowed yourselves to be subjected to. Many of you complain, but most don’t realize how different it could really be, many are shackled in their own mind. I see it with out of state transplants all the time. Many come here partly for political reasons, but it takes at least a year to fully embrace the exciting mindset of freedom.

My words will be met with indignation by those who value their lifestyle over their freedom. You will ask me to be real- you be real- do you really have a line? You’ve acquiesced so much, what is a little more? You fellows that don’t feel indignation, but sadness- let it become anger. Those that feel anger- it is righteous. Let it move you and use intelligence to guide it.

There is much to do, but don’t twiddle your life away preparing like many have. You are a live, fluid, adaptable human. A wise man once told me, regarding purchasing a house, “you will never be ‘ready’, there will always be some justification for saving more, being more secure in your purchase, but you must act. It’s like children- can anyone truly say they are prepared enough, secure enough, to bring that responsibility into their lives? No, but they do and figure it out- even with the greatest responsibility in life.”

We have become much too comfortable. Fat, lazy, “happy” (happy being medicated and entertained. Like a child with a fidget spinner). But this comfort WILL come to an end- the only choice is will we end it with work towards better, or will we allow allow our epoch of self determination to end, with cheese dust on our fingers?

Link Posted: 10/9/2021 1:37:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Shall not be infringed.
Fucking clown world shit show.
Link Posted: 10/9/2021 1:38:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Nope nope nope
Link Posted: 10/9/2021 1:52:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I picked up a 2" .38 a few blocks off times square in the 80's, dude might've been named cornpop... or not.
View Quote

You are lucky you walked away unscathed, I hear Cornpop is one bad dude!
Link Posted: 10/9/2021 2:25:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Want to buy firearms in a free state.

Go to gun store. Choose firearms you want to purchase. Fill out 4473. Clerk verifies info from DL. Clerk then calls in the federal NICS check (takes less than 3 minutes). Pay clerk and walk out with everything you bought.

Buying one or many, handguns or long guns… won’t change the process. Can be in and out of the store in as little as 10 minutes.
View Quote

Quoted:
I just go to the store, complete a 4473, wait a few mins for the approval, and walk it with it same day.
View Quote

It's amazing how people can be so happy to have to basically ask permission to carry out a constitutional right. Would you be ok with a background check before you could attend church or read or write a book? Having to fill out paper work and go through NICS is not a strong bragging point.
Link Posted: 10/9/2021 2:31:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/9/2021 2:58:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Last time I did a background check it took one entire hour.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Go to gun store. Choose firearms you want to purchase. Fill out 4473. Clerk verifies info from DL. Clerk then calls in the federal NICS check (takes less than 3 minutes). Pay clerk and walk out with everything you bought.

Buying one or many, handguns or long guns won't change the process. Can be in and out of the store in as little as 10 minutes.

Last time I did a background check it took one entire hour.
FL is like Disney World, a whole lot of make believe in the freedom department.

You have the privilege of paying $5 every time for your background and can't skip it if you buy from a dealer. FDLE does the background and it can take a lot of time to get an approval.

I've waited over 48 hours once for a transfer.
Link Posted: 10/9/2021 3:05:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

NYC, Nassau, and Suffolk have Pistol License Bureau's.  Upstate counties use judges and county clerks.

Really not that hard to understand; they're both are infringements, IMO.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have no idea wtf you are talking about.

NYC, Nassau, and Suffolk have Pistol License Bureau's.  Upstate counties use judges and county clerks.

Really not that hard to understand; they're both are infringements, IMO.  

My upstate county just uses the Sheriffs office.  No judges past getting the actual permit
Link Posted: 10/9/2021 3:08:07 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Go to gun store. Choose firearms you want to purchase. Fill out 4473. Clerk verifies info from DL. Clerk then calls in the federal NICS check (takes less than 3 minutes) Carry Permit.  Pay clerk and walk out with everything you bought.

Buying one or many, handguns or long guns… won’t change the process. Can be in and out of the store in as little as 10 minutes.
View Quote

Use your Carry Permit.  Even the 3 minute call to NICS is 3 minutes of infringement too long.

Or even better... go on Armslist.  Meet seller at mall. Give cash. Get gun. Get some Auntie Anne’s pretzels or Sbarro pizza in the food court instead of paying a transfer fee.
Link Posted: 10/9/2021 3:20:56 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
And people bitch about IL?
View Quote

Well it’s all unconstitutional and wrong. Actually it’s all unnatural and should be dealt with but…
Link Posted: 10/9/2021 3:37:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

My upstate county just uses the Sheriffs office.  No judges past getting the actual permit
View Quote

Half of Suffolk county, gets to use the Sheriff's office for pistol licenses, and the western towns (Babylon, Islip, Huntington, Smithtown) all have to go through the police department pistol licensing bureau at HQ in Yaphank (no where near the towns it serves.)  
Link Posted: 10/9/2021 3:39:54 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
In case you all were wondering, this is what it takes to purchase a handgun in NY state. Its from memory and I’m missing a few steps but you get the idea.

1. Find/schedule appointment to take pistol safety course.
2. Pay/attend pistol training/safety course at state approved club.
3. Find local place to get fingerprinted (usually at a police station that only does it on certain days/times).
4. Get pictures done to submit on application.
5. Drop off application, filled out, with 3 references that live in NY.
6. County sends references letters to be filled out and returned.
7. County sends out notice that everything was turned in, schedules court date.
8. Wait for court date, show up and speak to a judge who will ask questions and determine if you get a permit and what/if any restrictions are on it.
   Most are restricted for hunting/target practice only.
(Judge I saw said he didn’t give unrestricted permits, even to police officers/retired police officers.
9. Wait for judges ruling.
10. Notified of ruling by county clerk by mail.
11. Pick up permit from county clerk.
12. Bring permit to gun store…..you can now touch a gun in NY!
13. “Buy” your gun. Paperwork gets filled out at the store and sent to county clerk.
14. County clerk receives your purchase paperwork and schedules court date.
15. Go to court, get called up to speak to judge for purchase.
16. Judge approves and sends paperwork back to county clerk.
17. County clerk notifies you by mail, purchase form approved.
18. Go to county clerk to pick up your purchase form.
19. Take purchase form to the gun store to pick up your gun.

Rinse and repeat from step 13 on for every purchase. I want to say from the time I started until had the purchase in my possession was 5 months.

ETA: Another poster brought up something I forgot. Your references need to get their form notarized before sending them back. Also, when I did it the references had to be NY state residents. Just move to NY for a job? Good luck being a weirdo and asking 3 people to be references on your pistol permit.

View Quote

That is ridiculous
Link Posted: 10/9/2021 3:45:59 PM EDT
[#20]
At this point it's officially easier to purchase a handing in Italy (where I grew up and owned firearms)

Never thought it'd come to this
Link Posted: 10/9/2021 3:48:32 PM EDT
[#21]
In my city, if you are doing a face to face purchase of a firearm, the PD encourages you to do it at the police station or call the non emergency line and if available they will send over an officer to make sure everyone behaves.
Link Posted: 10/9/2021 3:50:16 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Yeah, but just because NY sucks worse doesn't mean IL doesn't suck, too.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
And people bitch about IL?

I was just ready to post this exact sentiment. Grew up in upstate NY and had a couple hand me down BP Pistols but wasn't legally able to take them out of the house. Clown show NY is although I'm sure IL legislature would outdo them if they get the chance.
Now in IL and much of the contents of my safe would be illegal in NY.

Yeah, but just because NY sucks worse doesn't mean IL doesn't suck, too.

Illinois sucks state government wise, but (so far) in gun laws Illinois is very good.  Unless NFA is your thing, then it isn't.  We have nearly zero restrictions, outside of Chicago, Cook Co and some of the marxist Chicagoland cities.  Other than the FOID, which is easy to get, and now the 3 day waiting period for any firearm there is no gun limits, restrictions on semi-auto's or pistols or any of the marxist gun banning shit going on in California, New York and all the rest of the blue marxist states.  Today, if I want, I can go to my favorite gun shop and buy an AR, AK, pistol grip shotgun, Glocks, a 1911 and a subcompact P365 all at once and be able to bring them home in 3 days, as long as you pass the NCIC check (multi gun purchases may delay you by the Feds, not Illinois.)  I can go buy a pistol every day if I want.  Same with an AR or AK.  We also had the Shockwave fully legal and purchasable here in Illinois immediately, LOOOOONG before Texas even "allowed" it's subjects to own one.
Link Posted: 10/9/2021 3:53:28 PM EDT
[#23]
Incorrect.  
You have to purchase the gun before submitting the application. The sn#, make and model have to be included with the application.  So you have to buy the gun without being allowed to even touch it.

ETA: the “training course” is more of a safety lecture. You do not touch a gun during the training, much less fire one.  After a year of having a permit you can take an actual course where you fire your gun in order to try and get a carry permit.
Link Posted: 10/9/2021 3:57:07 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
In case you all were wondering, this is what it takes to purchase a handgun in NY state. Its from memory and I’m missing a few steps but you get the idea.

1. Find/schedule appointment to take pistol safety course.
2. Pay/attend pistol training/safety course at state approved club.
3. Find local place to get fingerprinted (usually at a police station that only does it on certain days/times).
4. Get pictures done to submit on application.
5. Drop off application, filled out, with 3 references that live in NY.
6. County sends references letters to be filled out and returned.
7. County sends out notice that everything was turned in, schedules court date.
8. Wait for court date, show up and speak to a judge who will ask questions and determine if you get a permit and what/if any restrictions are on it.
   Most are restricted for hunting/target practice only.
(Judge I saw said he didn’t give unrestricted permits, even to police officers/retired police officers.
9. Wait for judges ruling.
10. Notified of ruling by county clerk by mail.
11. Pick up permit from county clerk.
12. Bring permit to gun store…..you can now touch a gun in NY!
13. “Buy” your gun. Paperwork gets filled out at the store and sent to county clerk.
14. County clerk receives your purchase paperwork and schedules court date.
15. Go to court, get called up to speak to judge for purchase.
16. Judge approves and sends paperwork back to county clerk.
17. County clerk notifies you by mail, purchase form approved.
18. Go to county clerk to pick up your purchase form.
19. Take purchase form to the gun store to pick up your gun.

Rinse and repeat from step 13 on for every purchase. I want to say from the time I started until had the purchase in my possession was 5 months.

ETA: Another poster brought up something I forgot. Your references need to get their form notarized before sending them back. Also, when I did it the references had to be NY state residents. Just move to NY for a job? Good luck being a weirdo and asking 3 people to be references on your pistol permit.

View Quote

Similar in CA I believe.  My brother lives there, and calls himself "a Republican unhappy with the Republican Party so I vote Democrat "

I ask him about the gun stuff all the time, and he rationalizes it all away and acts like its no big deal and nothing but a minor inconvenience .

Link Posted: 10/9/2021 4:04:59 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Illinois sucks state government wise, but (so far) in gun laws Illinois is very good.  Unless NFA is your thing, then it isn't.  We have nearly zero restrictions, outside of Chicago, Cook Co and some of the marxist Chicagoland cities.  Other than the FOID, which is easy to get, and now the 3 day waiting period for any firearm there is no gun limits, restrictions on semi-auto's or pistols or any of the marxist gun banning shit going on in California, New York and all the rest of the blue marxist states.  Today, if I want, I can go to my favorite gun shop and buy an AR, AK, pistol grip shotgun, Glocks, a 1911 and a subcompact P365 all at once and be able to bring them home in 3 days, as long as you pass the NCIC check (multi gun purchases may delay you by the Feds, not Illinois.)  I can go buy a pistol every day if I want.  Same with an AR or AK.  We also had the Shockwave fully legal and purchasable here in Illinois immediately, LOOOOONG before Texas even "allowed" it's subjects to own one.
View Quote

Yep. While I'm no fan of the tyrants in Springfield and Chicago, I was pleasantly surprised at the gun laws here (not that they couldn't be better). All as I watched my buddies in NY get ass raped with the safe act. And I always have to chuckle at the chowder heads who write "Move to a free state" or "YOU voted for it". The fuck I did, and neither did the millions of Upstate NY folks who get dictated to by the festering pimple at the SouthEast corner of the state.
Link Posted: 10/9/2021 4:17:58 PM EDT
[#26]
Not that bad my wife just got hers
Steuben county took a year to get permit due to COVID usually 6 months
Monday 8am go to gun store do background check pay get receipt. Out the door at 8:20. Go to county building get pistol put on permit. Back to Gun shop by 9:30 tops. Grab gun and out you go. It’s a pain in the ass but not terrible. Most upstate permits are concealed permits as well
Link Posted: 10/9/2021 4:18:32 PM EDT
[#27]
Huh, and here I thought you just went to a store and bought one.

I realized that some states had waiting lists and you had to buy a .gov approved gun, but I'd never heard of having to get two court dates to buy a pistol and the judge gets to decide what you can use it for. Sounds both unconstitutional and absurdly restrictive, but only to law abiding citizens because a criminal will either steal one or buy it from another criminal.
Link Posted: 10/9/2021 4:25:18 PM EDT
[#28]
I was born in NY and my parents moved us outta that hell in 7th grade…I could always tell I was “different” from the other kids
Link Posted: 10/9/2021 4:42:16 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

@artburg

Thats what the process is in Albany county. Maybe point out some steps you didn’t have to do in a different county?

You and Mech2007 are acting like I’m full of shit so go ahead and be specific.

View Quote

I couldn't be bothered,You left New York apparently move on
Link Posted: 10/9/2021 4:49:36 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Half of Suffolk county, gets to use the Sheriff's office for pistol licenses, and the western towns (Babylon, Islip, Huntington, Smithtown) all have to go through the police department pistol licensing bureau at HQ in Yaphank (no where near the towns it serves.)  
View Quote

At least Yaphank is closer than the Sheriff's offices in Riverhead
Link Posted: 10/9/2021 4:53:27 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Albany county.

@MrHold
View Quote

It’s not like that in every county in NY
Link Posted: 10/9/2021 4:54:02 PM EDT
[#32]
I just pay and leave.
Link Posted: 10/9/2021 4:55:30 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

In AZ, get a CWP and skip the NICS check.
Link Posted: 10/9/2021 4:56:09 PM EDT
[#34]
Something, something, shall not be infringed
Link Posted: 10/9/2021 4:58:06 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Or just steal one from a law abiding citizen like the criminals do.
View Quote

With all the "laws" in NY and how they are selectively applied I'd rather be in the mafia than to try to be some sort of Ned Flanders citizen.  Take your fight right to the state.
Link Posted: 10/9/2021 5:03:18 PM EDT
[#36]
Jesus. Why would anyone put up with that shit???

If I want a new pistol, I:

1. Drive to gun store or FTF meet if it’s a private sale.
2. If LGS, fill out 4473. No call in since I’m CCL.
3. Pay for gun.
4. Leave with gun.

It’s a ten minute thing usually. If I bought it online step 3 becomes ‘Pay transfer fee,’ which is $20 cash at the FFL I use. Same ten minutes though.

ETA: and you don’t have to have a CCL here to carry. We have Constitutional Carry. I just keep mine for reciprocity and no call purchases.
If I buy a MG or other NFA, I have to jump through the Fed hurdles, but the State doesn’t get involved or have any restrictions.
Link Posted: 10/9/2021 5:21:08 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Albany. What is a pistol bureau?

In Albany county, you had to wait for a court date for every purchase to get a judge to sign the form and send it back to the county clerk. Once you have the permit, to buy it was…

“Buy” at gun store.
Gun store sends paperwork to county clerk.
County clerk schedules court hearing with judge.
Show up to court hearing, speak to judge, get new purchase signed off on.
Judge sends paperwork back to county clerk
County clerk notifies you the paperwork is ready.
Show up at county clerk for paperwork.
Bring paperwork to gun store to pick up handgun.

For every single handgun purchase.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What county is that?  I’m on LI too and it’s nowhere as bad as that.

Getting the CCW is complicated and has a prolonged wait, but purchasing involves 2 visits to the pistol bureau and 2 visits to the store.  The worst part is forgetting the $5 money order so they put gun on your permit.

Albany. What is a pistol bureau?

In Albany county, you had to wait for a court date for every purchase to get a judge to sign the form and send it back to the county clerk. Once you have the permit, to buy it was…

“Buy” at gun store.
Gun store sends paperwork to county clerk.
County clerk schedules court hearing with judge.
Show up to court hearing, speak to judge, get new purchase signed off on.
Judge sends paperwork back to county clerk
County clerk notifies you the paperwork is ready.
Show up at county clerk for paperwork.
Bring paperwork to gun store to pick up handgun.

For every single handgun purchase.

Yer shits all retarded.....lol
Buy pistol from ffl
Take receipt to county clerk to get put on permit
Take transfer paperwork from clerk to ffl
Leave with pistol

That's how it works in wny

Link Posted: 10/9/2021 5:34:16 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Yer shits all retarded.....lol
Buy pistol from ffl
Take receipt to county clerk to get put on permit
Take transfer paperwork from clerk to ffl
Leave with pistol

That's how it works in wny

View Quote

You left out the entire process of actually getting the Permit in your step 2.
Link Posted: 10/9/2021 5:37:04 PM EDT
[#39]
Or….

1 buy a gun from dude.
Link Posted: 10/9/2021 5:37:21 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Yeah buddy gonna have to call bullshit on your call of bullshit. Thats the process I went through. Feel free to attempt to challenge any point in my OP though.

@Mech2007
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuck no. It's not even that bad where I am on Long Island  

Yeah buddy gonna have to call bullshit on your call of bullshit. Thats the process I went through. Feel free to attempt to challenge any point in my OP though.

@Mech2007

The last part of #14, and all #15 does not happen. At least in my county. Not sure if each county has different steps etc.
Link Posted: 10/9/2021 5:45:22 PM EDT
[#41]
Step 1: Buy a P80 kit and the rest of the parts online.

Link Posted: 10/9/2021 5:45:44 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

The last part of #14, and all #15 does not happen. At least in my county. Not sure if each county has different steps etc.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

@Mech2007

They do. Every county is different.
Link Posted: 10/9/2021 5:52:51 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Incorrect.  
You have to purchase the gun before submitting the application. The sn#, make and model have to be included with the application.  So you have to buy the gun without being allowed to even touch it.

ETA: the “training course” is more of a safety lecture. You do not touch a gun during the training, much less fire one.  After a year of having a permit you can take an actual course where you fire your gun in order to try and get a carry permit.
View Quote

Thats the process I was required to follow. The rest of what you posted is not accurate according to what I went through. Not sure how you’d go about purchasing a pistol in NY before you get the pistol permit and if you are talking about the paperwork after purchase in order to pick it up, then you’d be wrong there as well. You present your pistol permit at the gun store and then can handle the pistols there before buying.

Its weird how some of you are calling bullshit….I actually did this. Its not like I decided to make up a post about buying a gun in NY (Albany County).
Link Posted: 10/9/2021 5:53:43 PM EDT
[#44]
Damn....

I know a guy that moved from Cali to TX. Once he found out how easy it was to buy and take home a gun here.... let’s just say he has a nice collection now
Link Posted: 10/9/2021 5:55:03 PM EDT
[#45]
Not that way in most NY counties. Think of this way: what if your permit is denied? Now you technically “own” the pistol but can’t do anything with it.

Quoted:
Incorrect.  

View Quote

Link Posted: 10/9/2021 5:55:40 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@artburg

Thats what the process is in Albany county. Maybe point out some steps you didn’t have to do in a different county?

You and Mech2007 are acting like I’m full of shit so go ahead and be specific.

Ahhhhh. Get called out on your bullshit, don’t address any points I made and now its time for me to “move on”. Strange.

@artburg
Link Posted: 10/9/2021 5:55:50 PM EDT
[#47]
Excuse my French, but FRIG THAT!
Link Posted: 10/9/2021 5:58:00 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Albany county.

@MrHold

Well not 100% exact apparently. Appears some counties don’t make you see the judge for purchases but the framework is the same. Permit process and buying process with “buying” gun but still needing to head to another location to get the approval and going back to the store to pick it up.
Link Posted: 10/9/2021 5:59:04 PM EDT
[#49]
or you could go get  one in the hood; just axe around
Link Posted: 10/9/2021 6:00:15 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

@Mech2007

Only relating what I had to go through in Albany county. It does happen.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top