BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 330
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 3:51:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By StraightShootinGal:
Just watched "On the Line" with Mel Gibson....

Fucking loved it. Lots of twists and a nail-bitting thriller.
View Quote

Any scene footage outside the studio, or is it all from his desk perspective?  I was hesitant to watch it because the trailer reminded me of 'Phonebooth', and I didn't want to re-live that misery
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 5:44:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: sbhaven] [#2]
The South Korean sci-fi horror series Parasyte: The Grey dropped today on Netflix. Six episodes long apparently.

Parasyte: The Grey | Now Streaming | Netflix

Parasyte: The Grey | Official Trailer | Netflix
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 10:02:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By sbhaven:
Coming in March...

3 Body Problem | Official Trailer | Netflix
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mogSbMD6EcY

There's someone behind everything. You just have to dig.
3 Body Problem premieres on Netflix March 21st, 2024.

From multiple Emmy Award-winning creators David Benioff and D.B. Weiss (Game of Thrones), and Emmy-nominated Alexander Woo (The Terror: Infamy, True Blood) comes 3 Body Problem, a thrilling story that redefines sci-fi drama with its layered mysteries and genre-bending high stakes. Based on the acclaimed, international bestselling book trilogy, The Three-Body Problem.

A young woman’s fateful decision in 1960s China reverberates across space and time to a group of brilliant scientists in the present day. As the laws of nature unravel before their eyes five former colleagues reunite to confront the greatest threat in humanity’s history.

Watch on Netflix: https://www.netflix.com/title/81026318
View Quote

This one's not bad. Took at least 4 episodes for them to throw woke shit in it.
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 12:23:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Breedy:

In fairness Dumb and Dumber did an okay job when they had source materials. The old fat guy couldn't write fast enough to help them out.

Hopefully, humanity doesn't forget about the iron fleet. https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/222608/1000002532_jpg-3177141.JPG
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Breedy:
Originally Posted By Hunter-Killer:

They certainly did a great job with Game of Thrones/ASOIAF.

https://i.makeagif.com/media/12-31-2014/ku3vM5.gif

In fairness Dumb and Dumber did an okay job when they had source materials. The old fat guy couldn't write fast enough to help them out.

Hopefully, humanity doesn't forget about the iron fleet. https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/222608/1000002532_jpg-3177141.JPG

“The old fat guy not writing” wasn’t the reason Dumb & Dumber’s legacy is being the masterminds behind the worst final season and series finale in TV history.

HBO told them they could have as many seasons as they wanted in order to properly wrap up the show.  However, they wanted to wrap it up ASAP so they could go do Star Wars so they combined at least 3 seasons worth of material into 6 episodes.  HBO also suggested they bring in help to write the show or possibly even hand the show off to someone else (you know, someone who actually gave a damn), but their ego wouldn’t allow that. THEY were going to be the ones to wrap up “their” show, even if they did a shit job.

Then, in an extremely fitting twist of irony, they were fired from Star Wars because of how they ruined GoT.
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 6:52:33 PM EDT
[#5]
I noticed Baby Driver is up.  Highly recommend if you haven’t seen it.

It’s one of those movies that has the good grace to let you know in the first 5 minutes whether you’re very likely to enjoy it or not.
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 8:37:31 PM EDT
[#6]
I noticed Baby Driver is up.  Highly recommend if you haven't seen it.

It's one of those movies that has the good grace to let you know in the first 5 minutes whether you're very likely to enjoy it or not.
View Quote
Watched it last night.  That scene with The Punisher (can't recall his name) points forward and Baby blasts it into reverse!  
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 9:31:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Been watching Fauda and just finished the series. Good show about the issues of Hamas.

Watched No Limit on a flight home. Found it entertaining and interesting when you do the research on the actual events and what some people said the problems could have been.
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 5:42:47 PM EDT
[#8]

It’s one of those movies that has the good grace to let you know in the first 5 minutes whether you’re very likely to enjoy it or not.
View Quote

This movie is great if you have awesome sound. It really is built around the sound track. Some really good driving as well.
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 6:37:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Undaunted:

This movie is great if you have awesome sound. It really is built around the sound track. Some really good driving as well.
View Quote

If you watch it with headphones, when baby takes one out the sound drops accordingly.
Link Posted: 4/7/2024 7:23:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Gatherer] [#10]
2/3 through the new "Ripley" series; we're really enjoying it. It's much darker that the Matt Damon movie, and the b/w filming gives it a much darker vibe.

Update- finished the series. Definitely recommended.
Link Posted: 4/7/2024 7:30:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Gatherer:
2/3 through the new "Ripley" series; we're really enjoying it. It's much darker that the Matt Damon movie, and the b/w filming gives it a much darker vibe.
View Quote

If you want to feel old: Dakota Fanning (the little girl from Man on Fire) is in her 30s now.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 12:05:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Why, just why? Jaws in Paris...

Under Paris | Official Trailer | Netflix
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 12:43:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sbhaven] [#13]
3 Body Problem like most others indicated was very good. Going to have to go back and relisten to the audiobook version of that book series, since I last listened to it a few years ago.
Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 7:25:59 AM EDT
[#14]
I enjoyed the movie DOG.

About a US Army Ranger Jackson Briggs who travels with Lulu, a military dog, to the funeral of her handler

Link Posted: 4/12/2024 7:31:10 AM EDT
[#15]
I also enjoyed the movie SISU about a Finish commando who lives as a prospector in WW2 and discovers a huge vein of gold then tries to flee some Nazis that want to steal his gold.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 8:22:27 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By MADMAXXX:
I enjoyed the movie DOG.

About a US Army Ranger Jackson Briggs who travels with Lulu, a military dog, to the funeral of her handler

View Quote
Based on the trailer. I thought it was going to be a heart warming road trip comedy.
Not in the least.
It was a very good but dead serious examination of grief and self deception.
Channing Tatum was very good.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 8:31:39 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Gatherer:

Update- finished the series. Definitely recommended.
View Quote

The cinematography is absolutely stunning.  

I have one episode left, I'm waiting to watch it until my son is at his mom's house so I'll be completely uninterrupted.  And I'll sip on some Fernet.  
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 2:43:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sbhaven] [#18]
Bridgerton season 3 part 1 drops on Netflix May 16.

Bridgerton Season 3 | Official Trailer | Netflix

South Korean Goodbye Earth drops on April 26th.

Goodbye Earth | Official Trailer | Netflix
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 5:09:47 PM EDT
[#19]
I’ve seen American Assassin before and couldn’t remember if I liked it or not.

Just had to shut it off after 30 min. It’s awful.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 5:11:29 PM EDT
[#20]

View Quote

That’s actually a great review bc I was in the latter camp of not enjoying the flick, but lots of people like it.

It’s not on Netflix, but I highly recommend Drive to anyone who hasn’t seen it.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 5:15:55 PM EDT
[#21]
I noticed Baby Driver is up.  Highly recommend if you haven't seen it.

It's one of those movies that has the good grace to let you know in the first 5 minutes whether you're very likely to enjoy it or not.
View Quote
Oh snap, I've been wanting to watch that!
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 8:09:35 PM EDT
[#22]
I finally got around to watching The Ballad of Buster Scruggs. I love the cohen brothers and this was a good flick. Six short stories. And not to spoil, but only the first story is mostly musical (I myself cannot stand musicals). I recommend the watch.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 11:23:20 PM EDT
[#23]
I liked The Gentlemen, no real caveats. Funny, witty, good characters & plot. Also liked season 1 of The 3 Body Problem. I'm on book 1 as well, there are some differences, as expected, but it's pretty good.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 10:34:11 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Merlin] [#24]
Watched Molly's Game last night.  Interesting story of an almost Olympic skiing champion becoming a high stakes poker card game broker; based on a true story of Molly Bloom.  End was disappointing because it said nothing of what happened to her after her trial in 2014.

Started "Bodies" last night, about halfway through it.  Crime/Sci FI British story of the same murdered body found in 1890, 1941 and 2023.  Semi-interesting.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 7:42:24 PM EDT
[#25]
Just watched bodies bodies bodies. Millennial/gen Z suspense/horror that wasn’t worth the watch imho.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 3:11:10 PM EDT
[#26]
I am as pleased as I am shocked to be reporting that the Amazon series Fallout (based on the video game franchise) is not only a very good show, but also woke-free.

TBH, I can’t recall EVER being more pleasantly surprised by a TV series in my life.  To have a show based on a video game franchise be very good is hard enough, but for an Amazon show to be relatively woke-free is incredible.

Highly recommended.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 3:20:44 PM EDT
[#27]
Just watched On the Line with Mel Gibson and enjoyed it.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 3:26:57 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Brawnydog:
Oh snap, I've been wanting to watch that!
View Quote
Finished Baby Driver. It was good enough. I'm glad I finally got to watch it.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 4:43:14 PM EDT
[#29]
I am as pleased as I am shocked to be reporting that the Amazon series Fallout (based on the video game franchise) is not only a very good show, but also woke-free.

TBH, I can't recall EVER being more pleasantly surprised by a TV series in my life.  To have a show based on a video game franchise be very good is hard enough, but for an Amazon show to be relatively woke-free is incredible.

Highly recommended.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/258158/IMG_8043_jpeg-3187836.JPG
View Quote
And it has one of my favorite actors:  Boyd.  
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 5:13:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Hunter-Killer] [#30]
Originally Posted By Merlin:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Merlin:

TBH, I can't recall EVER being more pleasantly surprised by a TV series in my life.  To have a show based on a video game franchise be very good is hard enough, but for an Amazon show to be relatively woke-free is incredible.

Highly recommended.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/258158/IMG_8043_jpeg-3187836.JPG

As shocking as the overall quality of the show was, one thing that was extremely expected was Walton Goggins stealing every scene he was in and playing the most interesting character.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 5:51:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: gamboolman] [#31]
We are enjoying Ripley.  Do recommend.

Files Of The Unexplained is WOKE Bullshiite - do not recommend.
" />
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 11:42:17 AM EDT
[#32]
Mortal Engines popped up in my Netflix feed. Was meh. Lots of special effects that is dragged down by the so/so acting and run of the mill story line.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 3:32:32 PM EDT
[#33]
Black Sails is coming to Netflix this Wednesday.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 12:50:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sbhaven] [#34]
Final season of Sweet Tooth coming June 6th.

Sweet Tooth | Final Season | Official Teaser Trailer | Netflix

https://www.netflix.com/SweetTooth
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 7:21:22 PM EDT
[#35]
Another +1 for The Gentlemen. Good amount of humor throughout. If they do a season 2 will be interesting to see where they take it.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 7:28:03 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Bennjammin:

View Quote

True.
But I still enjoy it
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 5:34:18 AM EDT
[#37]
Rebel Moon - Part Two: The Scargiver dropped today on Netflix.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 6:16:37 AM EDT
[#38]
View Quote
Hot damn, I've been wanting to watch it again.  I actually have it on blu ray, but this makes it a little bit easier.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 8:13:49 PM EDT
[#39]
Rebel Moon - Part Two: The Scargiver dropped today on Netflix.
View Quote
It's as bad as the first one.  

Super slow motion wheat harvesting kicks ass.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 4:51:49 PM EDT
[#40]
I really like Zach Snyder but I'm really struggling to make it through Rebel Moon 2.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 4:57:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Surf] [#41]
Originally Posted By Bennjammin:

View Quote

Mitch Rapp would be stacking Hollywood bodies after watching that.

Another Hollywood ruined franchise like the Clive Cussler books.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 5:19:06 PM EDT
[#42]
The Gentlemen series was based off of the movie of the same name from 2019. Kind of like the Snatch series, except The Gentlemen is worth watching.

Snatch is one of my all time favorite movies. The series, not so much
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 1:59:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sbhaven] [#43]
Originally Posted By wormgod:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By wormgod:

Originally Posted By PacNW5:
I really like Zach Snyder but I'm really struggling to make it through Rebel Moon 2.

Yeah the second part is a snooze fest for pretty much the entire first half of the movie. The extremely overly excessive use of slowmo scenes effectively kills an already slow movie.

Click To View Spoiler

Rebel Moon Part Two - Please Make It Stop!
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 9:12:54 AM EDT
[#44]
Don't see it mentioned before but so far (4 episodes in) "Obliterated" is awesome!

I started watching it and was thinking what cheap low budget crap is this (complete with discount Brad Pitt).  It's a parody and kind of a cross between The Hangover and Team America.
Probably shows my dumb sense of humor but it has plenty of laughs.  Very non-PC - it's like it was made in the 80's.  Plenty of gunfire and boobs if you're into that sort of thing.

Link Posted: 4/22/2024 9:37:57 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By speedball:
Don't see it mentioned before but so far (4 episodes in) "Obliterated" is awesome!

I started watching it and was thinking what cheap low budget crap is this (complete with discount Brad Pitt).  It's a parody and kind of a cross between The Hangover and Team America.
Probably shows my dumb sense of humor but it has plenty of laughs.  Very non-PC - it's like it was made in the 80's.  Plenty of gunfire and boobs if you're into that sort of thing.

View Quote
Worthy of at least one watch.  Main female character is same hottie from Justified - Jackie Nevada, S4E7, Money Trap.  
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 9:43:32 AM EDT
[#46]
Tried watching the 2nd Rebel Moon movie yesterday, I was exhausted from mowing most of the day Saturday, I was asleep in like 10 minutes

But I would have fallen asleep watching Heat. I will give it another try because I liked the 1st one. It seemed like basically a remake of the Magnificent 7 in space.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 9:53:32 AM EDT
[#47]
Why, just why? Jaws in Paris...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnCefPQIH98
View Quote

I'll watch that with my daughter who loves shit like this.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 11:39:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Undaunted] [#48]
View Quote

I binged a lot of Black Sails this weekend because I felt like shit. I found the first couple seasons tolerable with liberal use of fast forward. The story lines involving the town soap opera just didn't appeal.

The show certainly wasn't shy about killing off main characters.

It almost lost me in the first couple episodes. For a title of Black Sails, there wasn't much water after the opening. Things I learned from the series:

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 4:53:13 PM EDT
[#49]
Rewatched the Rebel Moon 2 movie. It was worth watching. A little goofy in parts, but I ain't real picky
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 5:07:58 PM EDT
[#50]
I dont think I've ever been as disappointed in a Snyder movie as Rebel Moon.  Part II was horribly bad and predictable.  Script is awful.  yes, I watching them b/c like the underlying story.  But man...its a struggle.

Not sure if its been mentioned in this thread but also watched Einsatzgruppen: The Nazi Death Squads.  Best documentary I've seen on the Death Squads to date.  Brutal.  Unflinching.   And a warning to all about why we have a 2nd Amendment.
Page / 330
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top