Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 330
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 6:37:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By outdoorgb:
Finished Loudermilk "Louderman"... Thumbs up.
Really wanted to like The Tourist and episode 5 was great. In the end I walked away disappointed. Will not watch season 2.
View Quote
Yeah, The Tourist had potential but ended up sucking. The no-self-confidence woman cop & overbearing boyfriend shtick got old in about 10 minutes.
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 9:04:34 PM EDT
[#2]
2nd season of The Tourist sucked.  What a fat dumb hawg.  
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 11:16:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Merlin] [#3]
Originally Posted By Eight_Ring:

I followed the story back in the day as it evolved in real time.  It all seemed pretty creepy.

I'd like to take another look at it all with a modern-day lens.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHcBh4EBudk
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Mike_48:
Anybody take in "American Conspiracy:  The Octopus Murders" yet?  I watched all 4 episodes and found it pretty interesting and also a bit concerning.  It has it all, drug running by the .gov, JFK assassination, murders, gun running, international intrigue, overthrowing of governments, it's got everything.  If you like conspiracies, this one is for you.

I followed the story back in the day as it evolved in real time.  It all seemed pretty creepy.

The preview pic on NF shows all Republicans (Reagan, Bush I, Weinburger (I think) etc.  Not a demoncrat in sight.

Is the documentary "Americans Bad, Democrats Good" horse shit?
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 12:29:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Eight_Ring] [#4]
Originally Posted By Merlin:
The preview pic on NF shows all Republicans (Reagan, Bush I, Weinburger (I think) etc.  Not a demoncrat in sight.

View All Quotes
Anybody take in "American Conspiracy:  The Octopus Murders" yet?  I watched all 4 episodes and found it pretty interesting and also a bit concerning.  It has it all, drug running by the .gov, JFK assassination, murders, gun running, international intrigue, overthrowing of governments, it's got everything.  If you like conspiracies, this one is for you.

The short answer is yes, in as far as that was Casolero's world view--which no doubt had been shaped by the war in Vietnam, the Watergate scandal, The Church Committee hearings, etc.  Bill and Hillary Clinton had not yet publicly and undenibly proven Democrats to be equally corrupt.  The events (the initial alleged theft of PROMIS software from Bill Hamilton/INSLAW) took place early in the Reagan years--so yes, the cast of characters in this particular incident are all Reagan appointees.

When you look at strange events unfolding in Mena, Arkansas around the exact same time period you find heavy Clinton connections--as he was governor of Arkansas at the time.

Anybody who looks at it simply through a partisan political lens hasn't been paying enough attention.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 6:45:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Couple of Netflix trailers.

Final trailer for 3 Body Problem.
3 Body Problem | Final Trailer | Netflix

From the director of Train to Busan and Hellbound.
Parasyte: The Grey | Official Teaser | Netflix

This one appears to be a three part docudrama about Moses. Being Netflix one wonders how they'll change the story or its characters.
Testament: The Story of Moses | Official Trailer | Netflix
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 3:00:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Started watching "The Gentlemen" last night.  It's a serial spin-off of the eponymous movie, both directed by Guy Ritchie.

So far, so good.  The plot isn't as neatly packaged as in the movie, but it's still an entertaining watch.

The Gentlemen | A Guy Ritchie Series Official Trailer | Netflix
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 3:41:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Merlin] [#7]
Originally Posted By Squatch:
Started watching "The Gentlemen" last night.  It's a serial spin-off of the eponymous movie, both directed by Guy Ritchie.

So far, so good.  The plot isn't as neatly packaged as in the movie, but it's still an entertaining watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyEOwHrpZH4
View Quote
I'm watching it as well.  Not too bad.  The chicks are nothing to write home about.  But at least they are not 275 lb ditzy-bat-shit-crazy hawgs - like The Tourist.  
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 10:23:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Watching "Last Seen Alive" with Gerard Butler....

I was kinda looking for a non-stop action movie, but so far liking this movie.
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 10:39:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By feudist:
I was very interested in "Everything everywhere..." and I really like Yeoh, but I thought it was a big let down.
A bog standard Multiverse story and an uninteresting(actually tiresome) mommy issues drama.  I do not understand the love it receives other than it's an all Asian cast, so whoopie yay.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By sbhaven:
Wil (or Will) was not bad for a WWII film. No set battle scenes or the like but a fairly decent character development story about a Antwerp rookie police officer set during WWII. Apparently won a bunch of awards at some overseas (Ensors in Ostend) film festival.

Everything Everywhere All At Once is coming Friday Feb 23rd.
I was very interested in "Everything everywhere..." and I really like Yeoh, but I thought it was a big let down.
A bog standard Multiverse story and an uninteresting(actually tiresome) mommy issues drama.  I do not understand the love it receives other than it's an all Asian cast, so whoopie yay.

This was the biggest dung heap of a movie. Ranked right up there with Nomadland for a stupendous waste of time.

YMMV
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 10:42:49 PM EDT
[#10]

View Quote

Pretty jaw-dropping if true.

"It's a dangerous world we live in ..."
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 1:02:52 AM EDT
[#11]
I watched The King last night.
A story about King Henry V.
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 12:19:45 PM EDT
[#12]

View Quote
Just finished it last night.  Well done.  I'm looking forward to S2.
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 12:43:06 PM EDT
[#13]
I'm watching it as well.  Not too bad.  The chicks are nothing to write home about.  But at least they are not 275 lb ditzy-bat-shit-crazy hawgs - like The Tourist.  
View All Quotes

You don't think Susie and the Princess are smokin?
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 3:10:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By dedreckon:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By dedreckon:

Susie looks alright, but with too much makeup.  She looked a lot better in that Pirates movie.  The other is good looking - if you're into woman who look like 10 year old boys.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 12:26:59 PM EDT
[#15]
Finished the 2nd season of The Tourist. It held my attention. They left it open for a 3rd season.

Link Posted: 3/13/2024 2:18:50 PM EDT
[#16]
Watching Unthinkable is unthinkable.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 2:57:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By MADMAXXX:
View Quote
It was pretty good.
Chalamet was very good and Pattinson was excellent.
I really thought they stuck the ending.
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 7:31:52 PM EDT
[#18]
Gyeongseong Creature was good. Very entertaining with a good heaping of action. Second season is in the works apparently.
Link Posted: 3/17/2024 3:45:41 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By StraightShootinGal:
Watching "Last Seen Alive" with Gerard Butler....

I was kinda looking for a non-stop action movie, but so far liking this movie.
View Quote

I watched that last week. It was ok. Not worth making time to watch it IMO, but all of my movie watching is when I'm doing cardio so I don't mind watching mediocre stuff to pass the time.
Link Posted: 3/17/2024 6:29:34 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By sheltot:
Dune is about to leave if you've been procrastinating.
View Quote

Tried 3 different times...just could not engage with that movie. I never read the book either so maybe that's part of it.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 5:18:36 AM EDT
[#21]
It was pretty good.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MADMAXXX:
It was pretty good.

Glad I saw The King mentioned here otherwise I would have missed it. Good movie.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 12:27:22 PM EDT
[#22]
Yesterday.

The world loses power for 12 seconds. The main character is the only person in the world that knows about the Beatles. He is a musician, and tries to piece together as much as the Beatles catalog as he can.

Silly premise, but a fun movie with decent humor. My wife enjoyed it, if you are always searching for some middle ground.

I'm also a sucker for movies that center around musicians and bands.

Yesterday Trailer #1 (2019) | Movieclips Trailers
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 1:25:38 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Undaunted:
Yesterday.

The world loses power for 12 seconds. The main character is the only person in the world that knows about the Beatles. He is a musician, and tries to piece together as much as the Beatles catalog as he can.

Silly premise, but a fun movie with decent humor. My wife enjoyed it, if you are always searching for some middle ground.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uqvgPm8U4c
View Quote

Saw the trailer,  can't get past that guy's teeth.

Link Posted: 3/19/2024 1:29:15 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Cpt_Kirks:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Cpt_Kirks:
Yesterday.

Spoiler! He gets them fixed!
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 7:45:53 PM EDT
[#25]
Yesterday.

View Quote

Watched it a couple of weeks ago and enjoyed it!
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 6:03:58 AM EDT
[#26]
3 Body Problem dropped today on Netflix. Hopefully they do the book(s) justice.

Trying to watch Avatar: The Last Airbender series that Netflix hyped up. Kids may like it, but the acting by most of the actors/actresses is flat and overall after several episodes just isn't very good.
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 9:12:13 PM EDT
[#27]

Trying to watch Avatar: The Last Airbender series that Netflix hyped up. Kids may like it, but the acting by most of the actors/actresses is flat and overall after several episodes just isn't very good.
View Quote

I have only read the first and second 3 body books, haven't gotten to the third yet. I was going to start the series during my cardio today but looking at the episode list it sounds like they have included at least some things from the second book (wallfacer) so I don't want to do it in case it has anything from the third book as well.
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 1:41:24 PM EDT
[#28]
New season of Somebody Feed Phil finally dropped.

Link Posted: 3/22/2024 1:49:56 PM EDT
[#29]
Yesterday.

View Quote

One of my favorites.
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 3:05:45 PM EDT
[#30]
Anybody done The Stranger (Australian film--not the series by the same title) yet?

Seriously creepy Australian film.  If you liked Mindhunter, et. al you might really like this film.

The trailer blows--don't even watch it--it gets nowhere close to approximating the dark, evil, claustrophobic vibe of the film.  

Just watch the first 15 or 30 minutes, and understand that this is a film about an undercover cop wroking to catch a suspect in a child-disappearance.

The cinemetography is strong.

Most of the film is told through the dark/claustrophobic world of the undercover cop--it only opens out into the larger/sunlit world late in the film.

The Stranger | Official Trailer | Netflix
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 4:04:16 PM EDT
[#31]
Just watched Nowhere.  I am a sucker for survival flicks and this one actually wasn't too bad.  

Nice boobies too
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 12:05:00 AM EDT
[#32]
Just watched "On the Line" with Mel Gibson....

Fucking loved it. Lots of twists and a nail-bitting thriller.
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 8:53:40 AM EDT
[#33]
View Quote

They certainly did a great job with Game of Thrones/ASOIAF.

Link Posted: 3/24/2024 10:04:38 AM EDT
[#34]
Anybody done The Stranger (Australian film--not the series by the same title) yet?

Seriously creepy Australian film.  If you liked Mindhunter, et. al you might really like this film.

The trailer blows--don't even watch it--it gets nowhere close to approximating the dark, evil, claustrophobic vibe of the film.  

Just watch the first 15 or 30 minutes, and understand that this is a film about an undercover cop wroking to catch a suspect in a child-disappearance.

The cinemetography is strong.

Most of the film is told through the dark/claustrophobic world of the undercover cop--it only opens out into the larger/sunlit world late in the film.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umIeYcQLABg
View Quote

Yes. I thought it was very good.
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 7:19:22 PM EDT
[#35]
We watched Your Lucky Day last night, primarily because of Angus Cloud (he was pretty good on the show Euphoria, too bad he died).  Angus was the best part of the film, otherwise it was a solid meh....with far too many plot holes.  Don't get me wrong, its worth watching, just turn your brain off.
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 8:24:22 PM EDT
[#36]
Just watched Chronicles of Riddick and Riddick too bad Pitch Black wasn't on there as well. I've been watching a few Korean shows and I enjoy them for the most part. It's tough with the subtitled ones because I am usually trying to surf Arf and do other stuff at the same time. Just finished the first season of The Good Detective. I watched a couple of the movies starring Don Lee and I really appreciate a fat guy main character
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 11:43:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Bennjammin] [#37]
Originally Posted By ALASKANFIRE:
Just watched Chronicles of Riddick and Riddick too bad Pitch Black wasn't on there as well. I've been watching a few Korean shows and I enjoy them for the most part. It's tough with the subtitled ones because I am usually trying to surf Arf and do other stuff at the same time. Just finished the first season of The Good Detective. I watched a couple of the movies starring Don Lee and I really appreciate a fat guy main character
View Quote

I will fully admit I love Chronicles of Riddick. I know it’s not great, but it’s a fun watch. There’s not a ton of good sci-fi out there, they did a good job creating the world for this story.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 11:56:00 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By Bennjammin:

I will fully admit I love Chronicles of Riddick. I know it’s not great, but it’s a fun watch. There’s not a ton of good sci-fi out there, they did a good job creating the world for this story.
View All Quotes

I’m the opposite.  I’ve rewatched Pitch Black and Riddick multiple times.  I watched Chronicles once and that was enough for me. I guess I just really enjoy the “man vs nature” themes #1 and #3 have.

To ALASKANFIRE’s point: it is bizarre when Netflix has a sequel to film that came up 10+ years ago, but not the first film. Even more bizarre is when they are missing mid seasons for a tv show.  Like they’ll have S1, S2, S4, and S5 with no S3.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 12:16:57 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By Hunter-Killer:

I’m the opposite.  I’ve rewatched Pitch Black and Riddick multiple times.  I watched Chronicles once and that was enough for me. I guess I just really enjoy the “man vs nature” themes #1 and #3 have.

To ALASKANFIRE’s point: it is bizarre when Netflix has a sequel to film that came up 10+ years ago, but not the first film. Even more bizarre is when they are missing mid seasons for a tv show.  Like they’ll have S1, S2, S4, and S5 with no S3.
View All Quotes

You are right, the first and third are very similar movies. Chronicles is completely different.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 2:09:57 PM EDT
[#40]

View Quote

I'm a few episodes in. Liking it so far. It's not Snatch or Lock, Stock, but it's pretty good.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 2:14:23 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By CajunMojo:

I'm a few episodes in. Liking it so far. It's not Snatch or Lock, Stock, but it's pretty good.
View All Quotes

It was pretty good.

Close enough to those movies but obviously masterpieces aren't usually followed up with one ups. He has a few films that were great in that style but those were reservoir dogs pulp fiction or Goodfellas casino type of movies.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 2:18:10 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By rbb2:

I have only read the first and second 3 body books, haven't gotten to the third yet. I was going to start the series during my cardio today but looking at the episode list it sounds like they have included at least some things from the second book (wallfacer) so I don't want to do it in case it has anything from the third book as well.
View All Quotes

There isn’t.

It’s really just a small slice of the second book (basics of wallfacer).
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 4:39:29 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By fike:

There isn't.

It's really just a small slice of the second book (basics of wallfacer).
View All Quotes

There isn't.

It's really just a small slice of the second book (basics of wallfacer).
Just watched this series and really enjoyed it. I'm not much on sci-fi and almost quit during episode 3 but it just kept getting better and better after that. I'm going to find & read the books now
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 10:31:18 PM EDT
[#44]

There isn’t.

View All Quotes

There isn’t.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 11:12:14 AM EDT
[#45]
Unfrosted is directed by and stars Jerry Seinfeld. A whole host of other actors and comedians in it as well like; Melissa McCarthy, Jim Gaffigan, Christian Slater, Bill Burr, Dan Levy, James Marsden, Fred Armisen, Cedric the Entertainer, Huge Grant.

Unfrosted | Official Trailer | Netflix
Unfrosted | Official Trailer | Netflix

Michigan, 1963. Kellogg's and Post, sworn cereal rivals, race to create a pastry that will change the face of breakfast. A tale of ambition, betrayal, sugar, and menacing milkmen, Unfrosted stars Jerry Seinfeld in his directorial debut.

Unfrosted is coming to Netflix on May 3.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 11:20:12 PM EDT
[#46]
Mending the Line.  Excellent film with Brian Cox about a Marine veteran recovering from the Afghan war.

MENDING THE LINE | Official Trailer

Link Posted: 4/3/2024 12:00:58 PM EDT
[#47]

View All Quotes

I have 1 episode left in the first season.  It's decent.
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 12:15:49 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By bikedamon:

View All Quotes

I'm mixed, but did watch them all. Every episode is just fighting the next fire. When the season concluded I just said...mmkay, I guess.
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 12:32:06 PM EDT
[#49]

They certainly did a great job with Game of Thrones/ASOIAF.

https://i.makeagif.com/media/12-31-2014/ku3vM5.gif
View Quote

In fairness Dumb and Dumber did an okay job when they had source materials. The old fat guy couldn't write fast enough to help them out.

Hopefully, humanity doesn't forget about the iron fleet. Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 12:38:38 PM EDT
[#50]

I'm mixed, but did watch them all. Every episode is just fighting the next fire. When the season concluded I just said...mmkay, I guess.
View All Quotes

Yeah, it's definitely the "this week's crime problem we need to solve via creative crime" but I'm a sucker for the Guy Ritchie-verse despite how cheesy it all is.  Not great, not terrible.  I was happy to see some Travellers make an appearance. not a true Guy Ritchie joint if they don't show up.
Page / 330
Top Top