Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 7/18/2020 1:16:28 AM EDT
The decline of the middle class.

The middle class has been decimated by both the left and the right over decades. Big business wants to cut and cut labor costs. They support expanded immigration, crushing unions, and offshoring. Progressive liberals want strangling regulations, high taxes, and expanded immigration. The two sides have, over the years, enacted policies to make the rich richer, and the poor more plentiful. The middle class has been hollowed out. Liberals call it increased income inequality, which is true, but they've done as much as the Republicans to make it happen.

It's a healthy, significant middle class that votes for rational candidates. A growing, illiterate lower class votes for irrational candidates. Put another way, the FSA fouls up elections for everyone else.

I don't have a solution, just an empty rant. Good night.
Link Posted: 7/18/2020 2:14:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/18/2020 3:12:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Not enough white women getting pregnant and those that are aren’t early enough.
Link Posted: 7/18/2020 3:12:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Not enough white women getting pregnant and those that are aren't early enough.
View Quote
I think I've seen a documentary on this.
Link Posted: 7/18/2020 3:20:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

Somewhere around 40-50% of the rioting protesters are female.  If they had children they would not be so destructive to their environment.  If the women were home, you would see a lot of the boys go home.

You can trace most of our social ills to the reorganization of society around professionalizing women instead of entrusting them with rearing children.
Link Posted: 7/18/2020 3:39:50 AM EDT
[#5]
I’d suggest you read “Coming Apart” by Charles Murray and “The Coming of Neo-Feudalism” by Joel Kotkin for both discussions of the why and potential paths forward.  Kotkin is especially interesting in that he’s a lifelong Democrat, but rejects a ton of their current path and has some very non-Liberal solutions for the problems we’re facing.

But it’s certainly a problem.  Heaven only knows what the solution will be.
Link Posted: 7/18/2020 3:44:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Nonsense, GD assures me that all you need to do is pull yourself up by the bootstraps with a firm handshake and work harder.
Link Posted: 7/18/2020 3:55:13 AM EDT
[#7]
It's almost like shuttering American industry for outsourcing was a terrible idea... and illegally importing the 3rd world instead of paying fair wages to American workers was the turd on top.
Link Posted: 7/18/2020 4:20:22 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Somewhere around 40-50% of the rioting protesters are female.  If they had children they would not be so destructive to their environment.  If the women were home, you would see a lot of the boys go home.

You can trace most of our social ills to the reorganization of society around professionalizing women instead of entrusting them with rearing children.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Interesting, you may be on to something.
Link Posted: 7/18/2020 8:42:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Immigration, legal and illegal.  Demographics is destiny.  Failed education system. Failed mmain stream media.  Communists have quite literally taken over every aspect of American life.  The decline of the middle class is due to these factors.  The founding fathers wanted only white land owning males to vote, because they knew where the country would go if others were allowed.  Only one way out now, and it probably will never happen.
Link Posted: 7/18/2020 8:46:50 AM EDT
[#10]
Communism was seeded in the media and academia at some point during the Cold War. The fruits are finally ripe.

Ivan never intended to hit the Fulda Gap, they eroded us from within.
Link Posted: 7/18/2020 8:50:45 AM EDT
[#11]
Disease of Excess.  

All of it.  The root is excess.
Link Posted: 7/18/2020 8:56:15 AM EDT
[#12]
Diversity and multiculturalism.
You and three friends climb into a car with four working steering wheels. You start the car and say, "Okay, let's go get something to eat."
What happens next... that's diversity and multiculturalism.
Link Posted: 7/18/2020 8:58:06 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Immigration, legal and illegal.  Demographics is destiny.  Failed education system. Failed mmain stream media.  Communists have quite literally taken over every aspect of American life.  The decline of the middle class is due to these factors.  The founding fathers wanted only white land owning males to vote, because they knew where the country would go if others were allowed.  Only one way out now, and it probably will never happen.
View Quote

Most of the people I've seen rioting were white...
Link Posted: 7/18/2020 8:58:57 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
You and three friends climb into a car with four working steering wheels. You start the car and say, "Okay, let's go get something to eat."
View Quote

Yep
Link Posted: 7/18/2020 8:59:14 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And why were they rioting?
Link Posted: 7/18/2020 9:00:04 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Disease of Excess.  

View Quote

Close.

The root is actually debt.

99.9% of people don't own a god damn thing.  They "have" things, but they sure as shit don't "own" them.

When you can "have" something without needing to have any skin in the game, you've lost all sense of the worth of time and money, especially since time equals money.

Anyway...I'm sure the poors in here will be along shortly to rail against this notion.
Link Posted: 7/18/2020 9:03:23 AM EDT
[#17]
Term limits would make a big difference.  It seems democrats end up spending a lot more time in Washington DC than republicans (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_members_of_the_United_States_Congress_by_longevity_of_service)

That pretty much explains the problem - the definition of insanity.
Link Posted: 7/18/2020 9:05:54 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is a big part of it.
Link Posted: 7/18/2020 9:06:28 AM EDT
[#19]
End welfare, end child support laws, and outlaw abortion.

Make schools to teach civics, and personal responsibility and accountability, and teach young girls what happens when they have sex.
Link Posted: 7/18/2020 9:09:29 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agree. The destruction of the traditional family unit ( no matter the race or social position) has initiated or accelerated almost every other issue that is observed.
Link Posted: 7/18/2020 9:10:21 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

Excess.  Too many of a thing in too close of a proximity invites disharmony.  
Link Posted: 7/18/2020 9:11:27 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

Excess.  They have too much of everything, including spare time.  That's the devil's workshop or some such shit.
Link Posted: 7/18/2020 9:12:52 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Disease of Excess.  

View Quote

Link Posted: 7/18/2020 9:12:58 AM EDT
[#24]
There are few simple ones.

Non homogenous society. Some segments of our society don't share  the ideals and culture that make a successful powerful nation. They perpetuate criminal, leechlike behavior that rots society. They are allowed to do this because:

#2 Universal suffrage. If someone with no stake gets a say, the system will crumble. You can see it happening right now.

All the rest of the ills listed in this thread will pretty much stem from those two.
Link Posted: 7/18/2020 9:13:11 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Close.

The root is actually debt.

99.9% of people don't own a god damn thing.  They "have" things, but they sure as shit don't "own" them.

When you can "have" something without needing to have any skin in the game, you've lost all sense of the worth of time and money, especially since time equals money.

Anyway...I'm sure the poors in here will be along shortly to rail against this notion.
View Quote

Excess.  Debt is incurred out of attempting to physically acquire that which is beyond your means out of a false desire, to wit more for the sake of more.
Link Posted: 7/18/2020 9:14:57 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
End welfare, end child support laws, and outlaw abortion.

Make schools to teach civics, and personal responsibility and accountability, and teach young girls what happens when they have sex.
View Quote

Excess.  If you subsidize something, you will get more of it.  

Excess female promiscuity as the result of artificial birth control and abortions....there are volumes of lessons to unpack in that one.
Link Posted: 7/18/2020 9:18:26 AM EDT
[#27]
Pretty much all correct in some form or another, but you’re all feeling different parts of the same elephant.

Link Posted: 7/18/2020 9:18:45 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Not enough white women getting pregnant and those that are aren't early enough.
View Quote
I keep hearing this.
But, in the 1940's, a country of only 120 million, mostly white, people:
-Rose from the Great Depression.
-Mobilized to engage in a world conflict.
-Supplied the sinews of war not only to its own military, but its allies.
-Defeated two monstrous tyrannies.
-Contained Soviet expansion.
-Rebuilt Europe.
-Initiated the greatest period of prosperity and innovation the West has seen, culminating with two white, American men walking on the Moon.

But now, for some reason, we cannot survive if we don't import millions of uneducated, unskilled, worthless third world peasants every year.

I have two daughters. They, and their husbands, waited to have children until they were able to provide for them. They will have no more children than they can provide and care for.
That is a good thing.

Link Posted: 7/18/2020 9:25:39 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I keep hearing this.
-Rebuilt Europe.
-Initiated the greatest period of prosperity and innovation the West has seen, culminating with two white, American men walking on the Moon.

But now, for some reason, we cannot survive if we don't import millions of uneducated, unskilled, worthless third world peasants every year.

I have two daughters. They, and their husbands, waited to have children until they were able to provide for them. They will have no more children than they can provide and care for.
That is a good thing.

View Quote

That's a responsible thing. It's a good thing for their own family and well being.

It's not a good thing from the national perspective because they are being out bred and invaded by people who want to take what they have. And given our democratic republic, the invaders can do it with the vote, legally.

Hence my point of how bad universal suffrage is.

The leeches can vote themselves money from the producers because they outnumber them.

Our kids might only have the number of kids they can support,but they are also supporting,at the point of a gun via IRS ,the people who are out breading them.
Link Posted: 7/18/2020 9:27:39 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Communism was seeded in the media and academia at some point during the Cold War. The fruits are finally ripe.

Ivan never intended to hit the Fulda Gap, they eroded us from within.
View Quote

Elements of military intelligence were warning of the communist threat as early as the 1920’s.

The subversion definitely predated the Cold War, elements of it even predated the Bolshevik revolution, the Bolsheviks received significant funding from wealthy Western oligarchs.
Link Posted: 7/18/2020 9:29:51 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

The middle class has been decimated by both the left and the right over decades. Big business wants to cut and cut labor costs. They support expanded immigration, crushing unions, and offshoring. Progressive liberals want strangling regulations, high taxes, and expanded immigration. The two sides have, over the years, enacted policies to make the rich richer, and the poor more plentiful. The middle class has been hollowed out. Liberals call it increased income inequality, which is true, but they've done as much as the Republicans to make it happen.

It's a healthy, significant middle class that votes for rational candidates. A growing, illiterate lower class votes for irrational candidates. Put another way, the FSA fouls up elections for everyone else.

View Quote

Half the story.  50% of the missing middle class moved up to the upper middle class.  Whenever anyone talks about the middle class being hollowed out they seem to conveniently forget that half of them are gone because they are richer, not poorer.  Yes the other half moved down to the working class.  

The other issue is the fact that the post WWII US middle class boom is a historical anomaly.  It isn't so easy as snap your fingers and magic the middle class into being.  Economic forces are a work that can't be controlled by fiat.

Link Posted: 7/18/2020 9:31:41 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

People aren't shooting them.
Link Posted: 7/18/2020 9:33:47 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Pretty much all correct in some form or another, but you're all feeling different parts of the same elephant.

https://miro.medium.com/max/560/1*-fXKvfupJw6OUDLTo3CzhA.jpeg
View Quote

Enough is precisely as much as a feast.  We have made too many things out of the stuff, and too much of any one thing is poison.  But the manner of death is too sweet and the story noble.  We suffer forward, heroes of our own creation chasing fleeting moments of feeling while laying up treasures that will certainly succumb to moss, rust, thieves, et al.  
Link Posted: 7/18/2020 9:34:08 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
#2 Universal suffrage. If someone with no stake gets a say, the system will crumble. You can see it happening right now.
View Quote

I currently rent, and I 100% support the idea that only landowners, who reside on the land that they own*, should be permitted to vote.

*Prevents George Soros types from handing out fractional shares of some useless West Texas scrub, and prevents absentee owners voting for things in locales where they don't reside.
Link Posted: 7/18/2020 9:39:57 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Half the story.  50% of the missing middle class moved up to the upper middle class.  Whenever anyone talks about the middle class being hollowed out they seem to conveniently forget that half of them are gone because they are richer, not poorer.  Yes the other half moved down to the working class.  

The other issue is the fact that the post WWII US middle class boom is a historical anomaly.  It isn't so easy as snap your fingers and magic the middle class into being.  Economic forces are a work that can't be controlled by fiat.

View Quote

Gonna need a cite on that “50% of the middle class rose to upper class” claim.

Wealth distribution figures over time don’t support that at all. What they do indicate is that the politically connected have been using their influence to increase their own wealth while income of everyone else has stagnated or even declined in real purchasing power.
Link Posted: 7/18/2020 9:40:37 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

That's a responsible thing. It's a good thing for their own family and well being.

It's not a good thing from the national perspective because they are being out bred and invaded by people who want to take what they have. And given our democratic republic, the invaders can do it with the vote, legally.

The leeches can vote themselves money from the producers because they outnumber them.

Our kids might only have the number of kids they can support,but they are also supporting,at the point of a gun via IRS ,the people who are out breading them.
View Quote
Won't quite work out that way.
Me, and mine, are working to ensure that THEIR grandkids will still be running leaf blowers for MY grandkids.
If that's all we can get, we'll take it.
Link Posted: 7/18/2020 9:42:20 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I keep hearing this.
-Rebuilt Europe.

That is a good thing.

It's not just breeding, but actually raising your own children.  People have been taught for a few generations now that raising children is a distraction from the really important things in life.  Send them off to be indoctrinated by someone else at the earliest possible age so Mom can go to work to afford that big house and new car every year.  Then we're surprised when they turn into Marxists.

We've also developed a distorted view of what it takes to provide for children in material terms.  Previous generations got along just fine with more kids in smaller houses.  Lots of folks who "can't afford" more than two kids blow huge amounts of money on luxuries.
Link Posted: 7/18/2020 9:43:06 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I currently rent, and I 100% support the idea that only landowners, who reside on the land that they own*, should be permitted to vote.
View Quote

I assume you would do away with federal taxes as well?
Link Posted: 7/18/2020 9:45:09 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

You really think the rioting women are the kind of people who should raise children?
Link Posted: 7/18/2020 9:45:53 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

Because it's fun.
And you get to stay up late.
Anyone who's raised a four year old knows this.
Link Posted: 7/18/2020 9:46:44 AM EDT
[#41]
This thread is another example of people thinking the U.S. has spent 243 years being the way it was between 1948 and 1965. The post WW2 golden age is the anomaly, not the other way around. Life entails trouble. Americans have been well-insulted from it, but we've never been immune to it, and we're not supposed to be.
Link Posted: 7/18/2020 9:47:40 AM EDT
[#42]
Your middle class decided that going through life stoned and stupid was a better way to go. Nobody stole anything from them.
Link Posted: 7/18/2020 9:48:23 AM EDT
[#43]
Joseph McCarthy was a prophet.
Link Posted: 7/18/2020 9:50:51 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

I guess it's all final then?
Link Posted: 7/18/2020 9:56:10 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
You really think the rioting women are the kind of people who should raise children?
View Quote

American men failed by allowing our women to be propagandized by our enemy.

Women will follow strong male leaders, fathers, brothers, husbands. In the absence of that they fall for propaganda exceedingly easily.
Link Posted: 7/18/2020 9:57:16 AM EDT
[#46]
It just turned out if you reduced the middle class to poverty in a piece mill fashion the rest would just make jokes.
We can always be divided up into many pieces and turned against each other.
Shut down a 1000's factories and it just gets a laugh.
Those with tech jobs suddenly have to train their replacements another laugh.
Antifa burns down a few hundred black owned businesses.

Link Posted: 7/18/2020 10:00:55 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
This thread is another example of people thinking the U.S. has spent 243 years being the way it was between 1948 and 1965. The post WW2 golden age is the anomaly, not the other way around. Life entails trouble. Americans have been well-insulted from it, but we've never been immune to it, and we're not supposed to be.
View Quote

“Eat the bugs peasant, this is the new normal, same as the old normal”.

Trying to sell the depredations of the political class as normal and a decent standard of living as the outlier takes a lot of chutzpah.
Link Posted: 7/18/2020 10:01:30 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
It's almost like shuttering American industry for outsourcing was a terrible idea... and illegally importing the 3rd world instead of paying fair wages to American workers was the turd on top.
View Quote

This.

And the resulting legitimate dissatisfaction is being harnessed deftly by our Ruling Class Decision Makers who redirect the anger to “racial” issues.

This way, the working class and middle class of all races are fooled into squaring off against each other (and arguing about such ludicrous bullshit as “White Guilt”) instead of jointly focusing their rage towards our Ruling Class overlords.

It’s a game.  It’s a play.  We’re all being played like puppets on a string.

The Antifa/BLM useful idiots may think they’re standing up against racial injustice while in reality they are pawns in the Divide & Rule game.  And we, by failing to point out that fact, and getting tunnel vision, also fall for that trap as the Ruling Class culprits fall off our radar.

Both sides of the political spectrum are responsible for originating the core problems mentioned above by @556A2 so both “sides” mostly play into the Divide and Rule game.

It doesn’t matter if I follow CNN or NPR () or Fox*, since they all intentionally ignore the root causes.

*Notable exception is Tucker who has had some excellent, honest segments touching on the root causes mentioned above, but that doesn’t mean he (nor anyone else) can be trusted implicitly.
Link Posted: 7/18/2020 10:03:42 AM EDT
[#49]
One dynamic is we are living in a constant state of surveillance. We are connected to one another every second of the day. Through social activity applications, everything we say and do is under constant scrutiny by everyone. Say or do something and it will be viewed either positively or negatively or a combination of both by friends and strangers. That kind of scrutiny can make people put up a false front, do or say things that are not really who they are.
Link Posted: 7/18/2020 10:05:17 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

But would you trust most of those women with rearing children now?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Top Top