Link Posted: 3/13/2019 1:53:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 1:57:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Spoiler: Glen knocks up Maggie.
View Quote
I always liked Maggie in this show. Too bad she's seldom in it this season.
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 1:58:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Stopped watching after they reached Virginia, that really killed the show.  Cast got too big, all the factions presented the same danger, Neegan was annoying (seriously, you can snipe him but you shoot out the windows around him?)...
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 2:00:33 PM EDT
[#4]
I stopped after the negan stuff-  I mean-if they had rolled up to the roadblock in an MRAP or a bradley instead of a 40 year old motorhome? that would have changed the story line.
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 2:00:57 PM EDT
[#5]
The first series is bad

The second show fear the walking dead was even worse

They need to put em down already and this is coming from a hardcore zombie fanatic.
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 2:01:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Tiger?
View Quote
The King of the Kingdom is a black guy with dreadlocks. He had a pet tiger that was tamed.
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 2:04:07 PM EDT
[#7]
I've watched every episode.
Lately, my 3 yr old daughter loves the show; except she roots for the zombies.
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 2:04:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Same here. Around the same exact time frame.

I loved the first season and the action in the city.

Then it became this cliche "Let's move to a house and sit there for another 10 episodes." Rinse & repeat.

When they started hanging out at the farm house, it became this lame drama like "Little Zombie on the Prairie."

I remember catching a later episode and it was again the exact same deal except now they're at a prison/jail.

Just wish they would have gone back to how it was like in season 1. I wanted to see more city action, more gun shop raids, I wanted to see them commandeer military vehicles, etc.. and do urban exploration.

A year or so ago I tried watching a later episode and couldn't believe all of the stupid errors. Half the guns had no sights, guns couldn't shoot through thin sheet metal, etc..

That and the fact they could make zombie head shots at 75yds while on the move but when the main bag guys appears, they all of a sudden can't hit a perfectly still object/lose all accuracy. It was that guy with a baseball bat that literally killed their friends...he would stand out in the open multiple times yet no one could shoot him. Just mind blowing stupid writing.
View Quote
This is what killed it for me along with that stupid CGI tiger.
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 2:08:28 PM EDT
[#9]
I assumed they stopped using guns because Hollywood and the libs were pissed that guns were saving lives.

They went from everyone shooting full auto and suppressed to bows and arrows.

I still half-heartedly watch to see how far they will push real life PC agendas in an apocalyptic world.

I was hoping that the whole "can't we all just along" theme was going to die with Rick, but it's getting worse.
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 2:11:01 PM EDT
[#10]
i like all of the different guns they carry, i know a guy that works at a shop in stockbridge that helps supply some of the weapons
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 2:11:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Quit watching for good when they introduced the Nagen character. The whole psychodrama riff was tedious.
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 2:14:33 PM EDT
[#12]
I think I tagged out around season six.  My brother has every episode and every episode of fear on the DVR.  But I don't think I'll be catching up anytime soon.  I'm leaning away from cable in general.  Most of the things I want to watch are on the streaming channels these days anyway.
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 2:16:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Around Season 3, I got to the point where I wanted the zombies to kill everyone, especially Carl.

That's when I stopped watching it.
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 2:19:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I assumed they stopped using guns because Hollywood and the libs were pissed that guns were saving lives.

They went from everyone shooting full auto and suppressed to bows and arrows.

I still half-heartedly watch to see how far they will push real life PC agendas in an apocalyptic world.

I was hoping that the whole "can't we all just along" theme was going to die with Rick, but it's getting worse.
View Quote
I guess than ran out of ammo, or are holding the rest in reverve.  Since Eugene can make ammo from nothing I’m not sure why they don’t have guards on the wall with rifles

There must also be a Twinkie stash the fat Hijab woman must raid to keep her weight up
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 2:19:58 PM EDT
[#15]
They should all be dead 10x over.
How many times have we seen them go into a building/home and put themselves in super vulnerable positions without first having cleared the place?

Zombies should be thick as flies too. 300 million people in America. If just half are zombies, that is a lot of zombies!
It sure seems like 70-90% of the population are walkers.
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 2:21:11 PM EDT
[#16]
I got Cactus and Grapefruit league to watch...
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 2:23:57 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Ricks tarded moves wjth trash romulans were even dumber
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
first post and all...

after glen got his head bashed, and it fell off before that, it became unwatchable..

they went larping with that dreaded black guy with dreads and that fucking tiger.... wtf
Ricks tarded moves wjth trash romulans were even dumber
That and some of the stupid action scenes in that season were the final nails in the coffin for me.

When they had a pitched full auto gun battle 8 feet from each other and hardly anyone got hurt- even from hot brass!- I was out.
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 2:25:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Yeah... I stopped at the season finale before the Negan s.org arc.  It was pretty lame for a while before that but that last episode was really stupid. I didn’t bother to watch the. Exit season but heard ppl talk about it- glad I didn’t waste my time.

Just disappointed it took me that long to stop watching. I think the prison was really the last or the even decent story line.  A few ok episodes in between but for the most part, it went downhill pretty quickly.
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 2:26:04 PM EDT
[#19]
I stopped watching last year, got boring as Hell.
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 2:26:04 PM EDT
[#20]
I think the last episode I saw was the "Watch the Flowers" one.  I got so sick of the stupidity.  Driving a 40 yr old Winnebago when there are brand new ones on lots all over the place, driving every shitty car instead of mil vehicles, walking through a field of M-16s at the CDC meanwhile carrying a revolver...
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 2:26:43 PM EDT
[#21]
Rick carried the show.
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 2:37:02 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I have watched since the beginning ...that being said last season was it for me..the show has been dying a slow death for quite some time...
View Quote
I haven’t watched this season and only a few episodes of the last one.  Too hard to follow and it wasn’t fun anymore.
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 2:37:06 PM EDT
[#23]
I've forced myself to watch the last 2, maybe 3 seasons.  The whole "I've got this much time invested in it" thing.

Just can't bring myself to watch it this season.  I stream it, so it's an "at will" thing.  Even opened the first episode of this season a week or two ago, and ended up shutting it down within a couple minutes.  Just couldn't bring myself to take the time to watch it.

Shame, the first season was really good.  I should have known when they kept using ARs without rear sights...
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 2:37:17 PM EDT
[#24]
It's just a fictional comic book story, not a manual for surviving the apocalypse.
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 2:38:07 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quit watching about half way through season 2.

Just got stupid.
View Quote
This.
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 2:43:36 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
look at the flowers was the last episode for me.

everything after that was garbage. I didn't think "I'm gonna stop watching NOW"

I just quit caring.

stories need resolution, they refuse resolution for an ongoing never ending, repeating shit story.
View Quote
That's exactly why I liked Breaking Bad so much. The way it was written so that as the season progressed the intensity would build until it finally climaxed at the finale was very satisfying to me.  WD was mostly a disappointment after Negan off'd Glenn and I lost the desire to watch.  I'll still catch it when it hits Netflix but I no longer buy it on Amazon to watch as it airs.
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 2:45:30 PM EDT
[#27]
I quit watching when I noticed housewives talking about it
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 2:47:20 PM EDT
[#28]
I'm sorry but even this far in, there is no way that ammo is that scarce and that guns are not more prevalent.  Even if they simply had an armory of guns, with no ammo, they should still have an armory of guns.....and they don't.  Some people are walking around with only contact weapons.  Why have they had to make their own arrows and bows?  They don't know how to break down the door to a Dick's store?  Why are they having to fashion their own axes via blacksmiths?  Home Depot would have hundreds, so would Lowes, and Dicks, etc.  Why are they in the same ratty clothes all the time, while living outside a huge metro area with thousands and thousands of shops?

They would already need to head to a Ft. Belvoir raid mission, so why not raid this place:  https://www.yelp.com/biz/fort-belvoir-hunting-and-archery-fort-belvoir

Link Posted: 3/13/2019 2:48:20 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
first post and all...

after glen got his head bashed, and it fell off before that, it became unwatchable..

they went larping with that dreaded black guy with dreads and that fucking tiger.... wtf
View Quote
Funny that you mention it because the episode where Glen died was the last one I ever watched. I didn’t have anything else to look forward to and lost interest.
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 2:49:35 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

That's exactly why I liked Breaking Bad so much. The way it was written so that as the season progressed the intensity would build until it finally climaxed at the finale was very satisfying to me.  WD was mostly a disappointment after Negan off'd Glenn and I lost the desire to watch.  I'll still catch it when it hits Netflix but I no longer buy it on Amazon to watch as it airs.
View Quote
dude, the show about nothing, that was the biggest gold mine in tv history, still had an arc and an end.

the walking dead dudes know they have nothing left after this and are milking every penny as long as suckers will watch it.
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 2:54:15 PM EDT
[#31]
I stopped watching it and I record all episodes.  Even my wife said she would rather watch a law and order rerun.

They fill it with sappy shit or someone staring into space for five minutes thinking of the past.

An hour long show that should take about ten minutes to watch now.

I thought it would get better when Rick's kid bought it but of course it got worse and more sappy.

Rick would have gone all scorched earth if it were real life.
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 2:58:45 PM EDT
[#32]
When the guy in the cowboy outfit showed up I was thinking "Mercy sakes, looks like we got a CONVOY".  Heard that stupid song all night.

No more for me.
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 3:03:25 PM EDT
[#33]
I'm waiting until they come across some paraplegic, blind, and/or transsexual refugees that just happen to appear after years of the zombie Apocalypse.
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 3:05:58 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Tiger?
View Quote
Yep...that was the point where I finally called it quits.  Just too unrealistic....
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 3:08:27 PM EDT
[#35]
The mute with the slingshot is making it hard.
Suspension of disbelief is impossible when a small woman with slingshot can penetrate skulls.
Even children can punch a huge hole through the head of a zombie with a dull machete.
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 3:11:34 PM EDT
[#36]
I stopped a few seasons back. Monotonous and boring.
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 3:12:51 PM EDT
[#37]
I have the last 4 episodes on DVR un-watched. Up until then I didn't go a day without watching the new episode. When I sit down to watch TV I keep skipping over them. Not sure if I'll ever watch the show again. It's just not entertaining to me anymore. I wish it was, but it's not.
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 3:13:20 PM EDT
[#38]
How did you make it this long? I had to quit 3-4 years ago. It's just pathetic at this point.
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 3:16:03 PM EDT
[#39]
The first season was good; then it just became a show for NPCs who were told to like it.
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 3:16:05 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quit watching about half way through season 2.

Just got stupid.
View Quote
It got pretty god for a couple seasons after 2. Once they fought the Governor, its been on a  loop of the same shit ever since.

Its bad when even my girlfriend can see the obvious set ups and problems those fucking idiots keep falling for. Its like only morons survive the zombie apocalypse.
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 3:16:16 PM EDT
[#41]
dbl
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 3:18:44 PM EDT
[#42]
I thought S1 was some of the best television made in recent years. Like a lot of other quality opening seasons though *cough* WESTWORLD *cough* it fell off pretty hard.
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 3:19:41 PM EDT
[#43]
"The Walking Dead’s relationships are now all interracial or LGBT"

https://metro.co.uk/2018/11/15/the-walking-deads-relationships-are-now-all-interracial-or-lgbt-8141809/
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 3:20:32 PM EDT
[#44]
I love the show, all these zombies walking around are liberals..
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 3:22:59 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
It was good, then bad, then good...then really bad... and I stopped watching altogether 2 seasons ago.

I don’t miss it, but I do miss when it was quality, semi-mandatory watching on Sunday night.
View Quote
#MoiAussi

I gave up during the season premiere in which they prepared for war with Negan, then pussed-out after expending lots of irreplaceable ammunition.
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 3:33:30 PM EDT
[#46]
I still watch as I feel invested at this point , but to be honest I look at my phone more than watch the show anymore.
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 3:35:51 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
"The Walking Dead's relationships are now all interracial or LGBT"

https://metro.co.uk/2018/11/15/the-walking-deads-relationships-are-now-all-interracial-or-lgbt-8141809/
View Quote
There is still the Dr girl and the reformed savior , but that's it that I can think of .
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 3:38:31 PM EDT
[#48]
Can the writers make it anymore PC/Diverse that they already have?????
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 3:39:13 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I can't even watch it anymore.
View Quote
I gave up after season four. It is just a non-stop misery fest.
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 3:39:35 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 3
Top Top