Page / 3
Posted: 3/13/2019 1:05:08 PM EDT
I can't even watch it anymore.
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 1:05:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Took you this long?
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 1:07:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Quit watching about half way through season 2.

Just got stupid.
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 1:07:34 PM EDT
[#3]
It was good, then bad, then good...then really bad... and I stopped watching altogether 2 seasons ago.

I don’t miss it, but I do miss when it was quality, semi-mandatory watching on Sunday night.
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 1:08:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Meh, it is better than most things on T.V.  It is good as background stuff while I am working.
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 1:09:35 PM EDT
[#5]
I take it for what it is, a spinoff of a comic. Therefore, it's still watchable for me.
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 1:10:14 PM EDT
[#6]
first post and all...

after glen got his head bashed, and it fell off before that, it became unwatchable..

they went larping with that dreaded black guy with dreads and that fucking tiger.... wtf
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 1:12:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Wearing dead faces and stupid voices has done it for me.
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 1:13:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Just got stupid.
View Quote
Same here. Around the same exact time frame.

I loved the first season and the action in the city.

Then it became this cliche "Let's move to a house and sit there for another 10 episodes." Rinse & repeat.

When they started hanging out at the farm house, it became this lame drama like "Little Zombie on the Prairie."

I remember catching a later episode and it was again the exact same deal except now they're at a prison/jail.

Just wish they would have gone back to how it was like in season 1. I wanted to see more city action, more gun shop raids, I wanted to see them commandeer military vehicles, etc.. and do urban exploration.

A year or so ago I tried watching a later episode and couldn't believe all of the stupid errors. Half the guns had no sights, guns couldn't shoot through thin sheet metal, etc..

That and the fact they could make zombie head shots at 75yds while on the move but when the main bag guys appears, they all of a sudden can't hit a perfectly still object/lose all accuracy. It was that guy with a baseball bat that literally killed their friends...he would stand out in the open multiple times yet no one could shoot him. Just mind blowing stupid writing.
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 1:15:21 PM EDT
[#9]
I have watched since the beginning ...that being said last season was it for me..the show has been dying a slow death for quite some time...
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 1:15:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Agreed.  I jumped ship after Rick opened up the barn and let out the zombies in season 1.  Maybe that was 2.  Don't care.
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 1:16:00 PM EDT
[#11]
I didn't think it could get worse without Rick and Coral. I was dead wrong. Couldn't even make through the first episode of Women ruling Walking dead world.
Done. Don't miss it. Miss the atmosphere of season 1.
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 1:16:15 PM EDT
[#12]
I stopped after Carl died. Not because he died, actually wanted to stop much sooner but was trying to give the show the benefit of doubt that maybe it would get better. No luck.
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 1:16:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Just got stupid.
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 1:16:21 PM EDT
[#14]
I didn't even make it through last season.

I saw like 15 min of the new stuff Sunday and its awful
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 1:16:41 PM EDT
[#15]
If only we had a whole thread already devoted to this topic...
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 1:16:44 PM EDT
[#16]
After 2 it went downhill

2 was best just because the drama of his wife fuckin him and his best friend

fucking classic
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 1:17:11 PM EDT
[#17]
OPNI

FPNI
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 1:17:16 PM EDT
[#18]
Relax, it is just entertainment, not a documentary.
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 1:19:44 PM EDT
[#19]
Season 5 was difficult to get through. I didn't make it through season 6.
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 1:20:15 PM EDT
[#20]
I quit after Glen died. I wanted to see all out war against the Zeds, not some fucking soap opera about inter personal relationships.

And I could just never get past all the stupid tactics.

" Oh hey, let's ignore all the abandoned armored vehicles, heavy machine guns, and explosives left behind by the Military and just continue carrying bolt action rifles and a god damn crossbow during the apocalypse! Brilliant!"

Fuck, they need to contract a bunch of ARFCOMMERS to advise on shows like these, they'd be epic as fuck!
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 1:21:44 PM EDT
[#21]
I gave it up at the bait & switch season finale with Glenn and the other dude at the dumpster.
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 1:22:07 PM EDT
[#22]
look at the flowers was the last episode for me.

everything after that was garbage. I didn't think "I'm gonna stop watching NOW"

I just quit caring.

stories need resolution, they refuse resolution for an ongoing never ending, repeating shit story.
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 1:22:49 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 1:24:29 PM EDT
[#24]
Is it still goin? It got so bad
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 1:25:17 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
first post and all...

after glen got his head bashed, and it fell off before that, it became unwatchable..

they went larping with that dreaded black guy with dreads and that fucking tiger.... wtf
View Quote
Ricks tarded moves wjth trash romulans were even dumber
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 1:25:23 PM EDT
[#26]
Quitters.
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 1:27:47 PM EDT
[#27]
but muh unlimited ammo never-ending magazines and recoil-less machine guns without rear sights (or flipped down pop-ups if they do exist)
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 1:31:24 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Just wish they would have gone back to how it was like in season 1. I wanted to see more city action, more gun shop raids, I wanted to see them commandeer military vehicles, etc.. and do urban exploration.
View Quote
So much this right here.
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 1:31:52 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
but muh unlimited ammo never-ending magazines and recoil-less machine guns without rear sights (or flipped down pop-ups if they do exist)
View Quote
They are now using bow and arrows.   Not sure why,Eugene is still around who can make ammunition
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 1:32:15 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Miss the atmosphere of season 1.
View Quote
This too
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 1:32:30 PM EDT
[#31]
The peak for me was watching the sex scene between the asian guy and the dark haired chick.  I think it happened at the prison?

Haven't watched since then
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 1:32:49 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote
They don't use guns now.  I guess they all disappeared or finally ran out of ammo.
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 1:33:13 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Took you this long?
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 1:35:03 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote
Welcome to a few years ago.
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 1:36:11 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Just got stupid.
View Quote
To much drama & poor decisions, amiright...
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 1:37:29 PM EDT
[#36]
TWD seasons 1-5 show you exactly WHAT NOT TO DO in a world with complete societal break down.  I mean everything Rick did showed you how people are going to react and how others will then fuck them over and try to fuck you over/kill you.  Season 6 on became "As the SJW Turns."
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 1:38:00 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
first post and all...

View Quote
The show has poor writing and to much fake, bullshit happenings, amiright...
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 1:39:19 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Took you this long?
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 1:41:33 PM EDT
[#39]
I made it through the first Neegan season.  Just stopped giving a shit, so dull and repetitive.
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 1:41:51 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
The peak for me was watching the sex scene between the asian guy and the dark haired chick.  I think it happened at the prison?

Haven't watched since then
View Quote
Spoiler: Glen knocks up Maggie.
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 1:43:06 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

They don't use guns now.  I guess they all disappeared or finally ran out of ammo.
View Quote
Surprised they hadn't come across an arfcomer's ammo fort. That'd supply them with ammo for decades!
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 1:43:36 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Just got stupid.
View Quote
Same

lol
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 1:44:21 PM EDT
[#43]
I stopped at season 7

I should have stopped at season 5 or 6.
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 1:46:33 PM EDT
[#44]
Haven't watched it since mid 4th season.
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 1:48:30 PM EDT
[#45]
its bad that it has lasted this long.
the first season or two were ok. after that.... nexttttttt
negan was what killed it. and the cannibals before that and them always surrendering weapons to "live" somewhere
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 1:49:31 PM EDT
[#46]
The Negan story line ruined it for me.
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 1:50:20 PM EDT
[#47]
Glenn?
Didn't Arfcom have a different name for that guy?
Was an inside joke awhile back.
I can't remember what we called him.
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 1:51:42 PM EDT
[#48]
Whatever happened to Rick after the helo took him away?

He's still alive
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 1:52:01 PM EDT
[#49]
I stopped watching after they defeated the "Governor".... at that point, I couldn't overcome the whole premise of there being enough zombies left to actually be a threat, thus the show stopped being about zombie apocalypse and then became a sorry ass society drama.

I mean seriously, how long could a half decayed zombie be viable as a threat? How long before it just collapsed and "died" b/c it ran out of energy/water? I gave it the benefit of the doubt at about 2 years, but more than likely, it would have been about 2 months (tops) assuming the zombies actually had some semblance of coherent thought.

-ZA
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 1:52:24 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I quit after Glen died. I wanted to see all out war against the Zeds, not some fucking soap opera about inter personal relationships.

And I could just never get past all the stupid tactics.

" Oh hey, let's ignore all the abandoned armored vehicles, heavy machine guns, and explosives left behind by the Military and just continue carrying bolt action rifles and a god damn crossbow during the apocalypse! Brilliant!"

Fuck, they need to contract a bunch of ARFCOMMERS to advise on shows like these, they'd be epic as fuck!
View Quote
Ditto.  Never finished the season after Glenn got smooshed.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top