Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 10
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 12:34:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I wasn't brought in to get their jobs back. I was brought in to haul her into federal court and pursue money damages. That's what I'm doing irregardless of whether they get their jobs back. Though one already has. The other has her disciplinary hearing this morning. Whether they fire her, keep her and praise her, whatever, is up to the voters and politicians in that AO.
View Quote

A-fucking-men.

Get some!  
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 12:39:01 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm curious how in the hell the school disciplinary process can just NOT submit any evidence at the hearing, and (I'm assuming) use that as an excuse to NOT have to turn any of that evidence over to the employees' lawyers.  If I were the employees' lawyer, I'd demand that the school admit they had none.

Oh well, the evidence will come out in the federal lawsuit, correct?
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 12:41:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Also yesterday the "Outlaw Barber" who is one of my clients, was exonerated yesterday. I need some associates or something.

https://thefederalist.com/2020/06/08/west-virginia-barbers-arrest-shows-failings-bureaucratic-state/
View Quote

He sounds almost exactly like that guy in Michigan. Married 50 years, supported himself by cutting hair for 50 years, put out of business by government edict, denied unemployment despite special unemployment programs for self employed individuals, persecuted for refusing to crawl in a hole and starve...
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 12:47:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Uhm.... this is literally a beautiful case for the 1st amendment lawsuit. They are the government and are held to account for infringing on this unless these teachers committed acts of violence or entered the Capitol building. Likelihood all 30 did commit acts of violence or trespass at the capital building is very very slim. They’re going to get paid.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 12:48:04 PM EDT
[#5]
I don't think I'm the only one here that can admit to a man-crush on LawyerUp.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 12:58:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

some homo?
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 1:03:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

There was actually a teacher who got arrested for "occupying" and "protesting" in Joe Manchin's office. Who did not get suspended or fired by this same superintendent.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
how many teachers got fired for attending blm protests and the ensuing riots and looting?

There was actually a teacher who got arrested for "occupying" and "protesting" in Joe Manchin's office. Who did not get suspended or fired by this same superintendent.

Provide that to @lawyerup as that could be evidence of political bias.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 1:18:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I have my forensic IT people working on it as we speak.
View Quote

Please keep us informed on that part too. A heck of a lot of liberals feel that they have free reign to run their mouths with no consequence.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 1:28:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
how many teachers got fired for attending blm protests and the ensuing riots and looting?

Okay, I'll have my people call his people.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 1:37:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I'm curious how in the hell the school disciplinary process can just NOT submit any evidence at the hearing, and (I'm assuming) use that as an excuse to NOT have to turn any of that evidence over to the employees' lawyers.  If I were the employees' lawyer, I'd demand that the school admit they had none.

Oh well, the evidence will come out in the federal lawsuit, correct?
View Quote

I haven't listened to the audio of the hearing yet, but it seems to be an informal process. I take it that a formal vote/hearing at a BOE meeting would need to take further action. But yeah, they will have to be turned over w/ the Rule 26 disclosures pretty early on. Most likely the defense litigators will just give everything to me.

eta: if it exists
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 1:40:37 PM EDT
[#11]
There needs to be personal, extralegal repercussions for this sort of thing.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 1:43:04 PM EDT
[#12]
I imagine even a shitty lawyer would have a field day with this.  The Jefferson County school district might want to secure some funding.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 1:44:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah, we've all kinda got a non-homo man-crush, mainly because this country is in dire need of brave and smart attorneys, (nothing against other attorneys on here who probably are as well).

I think his area of expertise allows him to be front and center in these types of cases.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 1:47:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 2:07:59 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 2:48:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Haven't read the thread except for the last page.  Am I in before "all public school teachers are leftists?"
View Quote

In the 90s, we had marksmanship (air rifle) and archery as electives at my school. Just keep your bow or air-rifle in your locker.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 3:12:05 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

eta: if it exists
View Quote

that's my point.

I doubt there was any evidence other than "Suzie says she heard Julie say that ____ was in DC...."

And I think that's the MOST egregious set of circumstances: the superintendent taking action based on nothing but thirdhand rumors.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 3:12:58 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
There needs to be personal, extralegal repercussions for this sort of thing.
View Quote

unfortunately, the Left is making that inevitable because it's rapidly becoming clear to non-Leftists that it's the only justice they'll get....
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 3:25:42 PM EDT
[#19]
Remember when the teacher got prosecuted for molesting a 14 year old, and somebody tried to burn the victim's family home down, while other teachers wrote letters of support for the defendant to the judge?

I don't think the arsonist was ever identified.
The good news is extralegal punishment wasn't needed, the judge sentenced the rapist to a decent term, and lambasted the rape enabling teachers while doing it.

Link Posted: 1/13/2021 3:27:53 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 3:32:08 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/13/2021 3:36:13 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Just think, if the Superintendent hadn’t had to virtue signal and could have quietly investigated this internally without a suspension, we would have never heard of this and you wouldn’t be involved!

Discreet professionalism apparently isn’t taught in superintendent school anymore...
View Quote

...and, the 2 “offenders” were bus drivers. I don’t think buses are running. I don’t have kids so I really don’t pay attention to when school is in session, but I am pretty sure the kids are distance learning.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 3:38:40 PM EDT
[#23]
Someone (alot of someones) went to a great deal of organized effort to take pictures of everyone at the rally and then cross-reference their photos with a list of names with photos attached of public employees they could dox.  And I'm guessing not just public employees but also employees of high profile private businesses.

Or maybe they had help from someone with a great deal of computing power and access to a very smart facial recognition AI and a means of swiftly searching a great deal of online information.    Just a thought.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 4:29:15 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Someone (alot of someones) went to a great deal of organized effort to take pictures of everyone at the rally and then cross-reference their photos with a list of names with photos attached of public employees they could dox.  And I'm guessing not just public employees but also employees of high profile private businesses.

Or maybe they had help from someone with a great deal of computing power and access to a very smart facial recognition AI and a means of swiftly searching a great deal of online information.    Just a thought.
View Quote

School is remote, but conveniently they were scheduled to do dry runs that day. I guess school bus drivers are some of the few government workers who actually have to deliver results/kids, rather than staying behind locked doors and dicking around all day.....

Re: the ID at the rally, I've reviewed what I think is what placed them there. It's a nothing burger with all the fixings. Completely innocent. Think conservative church lady lunch club visits the Capitol......

I listened to the audio of the hearing and heard them discussing me. I'm pretty sure I was called intelligent and articulate.....

Link Posted: 1/13/2021 4:32:23 PM EDT
[#25]
Article on the disciplinary hearings:

https://www.journal-news.net/journal-news/board-of-education-employees-cleared-in-consecutive-hearings/article_dff1aae2-1587-5d76-90b1-0f66fc7a873f.html?fbclid=IwAR1aCzVOk-BoOZjoEB3kd4uzv1jdfOhtakRmFLP3hAhK7RCsQV0-1_NLic4

CHARLES TOWN — Two service personnel employees who were suspended by Board of Education Superintendent Bondy Shay Gibson on Friday due to a complaint filed that they attended last week’s protest rally in Washington, D.C., have been cleared of wrongdoing in their respective hearings.
View Quote

I keep getting emails from national news reporters wanting me to talk about the legislator who was in the capitol, and I keep saying I can't comment, but look at this case right here.... I'll tell you all about it. "Yeah, uh.... let me run this by my team and we'll let you know...."

The AP reporter did just ask about this case and seemed interested in the outcome of the disciplinary hearings.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 6:18:31 PM EDT
[#26]

“The Superintendent received a complaint against two employees. The investigation was completed in a timely manner. We anticipate both matters being resolved by Jan. 13,” the release read.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 6:32:26 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

antifa records the other side at protests, then runs the footage through facial recognition software in order to doxx them later
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 9:15:36 PM EDT
[#28]

Thank you.

@LawyerUp - see the difference in the links?  In yours, get rid of everything from ?fblid to the end.  That's all crap FB adds to links for tracking.  You don't want to propagate it.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 9:23:50 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Thank you.

@LawyerUp - see the difference in the links?  In yours, get rid of everything from ?fblid to the end.  That's all crap FB adds to links for tracking.  You don't want to propagate it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Thank you.

Yeah it’s not my link.

An update video I did for YT, where I show the actual social media posts they found, as far as I can tell:

UPDATE on Capitol Protesters First Amendment Retaliation Lawsuit
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 12:58:26 AM EDT
[#30]
Stupid question incoming.  Did the BOE come close to dragging themselves into this litigation by refusing to provide any details about the report (that probably doesn't exist) to the representative's client?
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 1:11:42 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Article on the disciplinary hearings:

https://www.journal-news.net/journal-news/board-of-education-employees-cleared-in-consecutive-hearings/article_dff1aae2-1587-5d76-90b1-0f66fc7a873f.html?fbclid=IwAR1aCzVOk-BoOZjoEB3kd4uzv1jdfOhtakRmFLP3hAhK7RCsQV0-1_NLic4

I keep getting emails from national news reporters wanting me to talk about the legislator who was in the capitol, and I keep saying I can't comment, but look at this case right here.... I'll tell you all about it. "Yeah, uh.... let me run this by my team and we'll let you know...."

The AP reporter did just ask about this case and seemed interested in the outcome of the disciplinary hearings.
View Quote

Please oh please oh please someone make an example of the doxxer once the name is released and sue the shit out of them. And after that doxx them so we can go shame them publicly...
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 7:52:28 AM EDT
[#32]
I’ve been following this pretty closely since it’s local. Not sure if I missed it somehow, but how did we go from the headline of “30 teachers” to 2 bus drivers?
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 8:08:59 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 10:03:07 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I’ve been following this pretty closely since it’s local. Not sure if I missed it somehow, but how did we go from the headline of “30 teachers” to 2 bus drivers?
View Quote

As far as I can tell the virtue signaling to the media that started this mess was exaggerated in the first place. No doubt I would have received 28 more phone calls shortly after news of the lawsuit broke.

As of last night, a national 1A group wants to enter the case. I'll talk with them today.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 3:44:49 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

As far as I can tell the virtue signaling to the media that started this mess was exaggerated in the first place. No doubt I would have received 28 more phone calls shortly after news of the lawsuit broke.

As of last night, a national 1A group wants to enter the case. I'll talk with them today.
View Quote

Yeah, the 'ol game of internet 'telephone'.

Thanks for taking up for these two!  I hope they find somewhere better to work.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 8:30:38 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

It's be like coming on here an posting a dick pic....People would, "Hey, you remember that time LawyerUp...."
View Quote

Be a staunch defender of freedom, but you post one dick pic and you're done
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 9:30:08 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's be like coming on here an posting a dick pic....People would, "Hey, you remember that time LawyerUp...."

I wouldn't want to overload site resources anyways.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 2:18:08 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Also yesterday the "Outlaw Barber" who is one of my clients, was exonerated yesterday. I need some associates or something.

https://thefederalist.com/2020/06/08/west-virginia-barbers-arrest-shows-failings-bureaucratic-state/
View Quote

That old guy should get a medal when this virus nonsense is over for the ass-ache they put him through, and you're doing good work in representing such people. Keep it up
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 2:20:40 PM EDT
[#39]
This is, for all sense and purposes, a POLITICAL PERSECUTION.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 2:51:58 PM EDT
[#40]
I don't know how the school hearing can even take place without them turning over a copy of what you are being accused of doing.

It sounds to me from listening to the hearing that the superintendent has always thought she was the smartest person in the room.  I think she's about to find out she's far from it.

Also props to the attorney in attendance.  He outgunned the lot of them.

It will never see a courtroom, the board of education is going to push to settle this as soon as possible.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 3:14:49 PM EDT
[#41]
People won't stand for this shit after watching moonbats riot for years with no ill effect.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 3:45:25 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
People won't stand for this shit after watching moonbats riot for years with no ill effect.
View Quote

Sure they will.  It's only going to happen to the bad people.  You know, those evil insurrectionists the tv keeps telling us about?
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 10:23:05 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I don't know how the school hearing can even take place without them turning over a copy of what you are being accused of doing.

It sounds to me from listening to the hearing that the superintendent has always thought she was the smartest person in the room.  I think she's about to find out she's far from it.

It will never see a courtroom, the board of education is going to push to settle this as soon as possible.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

She is apparently a moron who had a terrible academic record:

Dr. Gibson's educational career spans more than twenty years as an educator and a facilitator of programs. She holds a Bachelor of Science in Psychology from Florida State University, a Master's degree in special education, and a doctorate in educational administration from Nova Southeastern University.

Florida State + a cracker jack box doctorate (likely an EdDoc) from Nova Southeastern! Can't Jefferson County do any better than that?
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 10:27:50 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
1st amendment no longer applies.
View Quote
Actually, it does. And a school board being a governmental entity, not a private one, means that the taxpayers in that county are going to pony up a lot of money.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 10:47:38 PM EDT
[#45]
I attended a rally at my state capital a few months ago.  Antifa was recording the group I was with almost constantly throughout the day. Some of the recordings were from known streaming personalities - but the vast majority were people trying to "casually" record with their cell phones (you got used to seeing phones being held at their sides, but twisting to maintain a focus on you as they walked by).  A lot of the group (with jobs) were mask up all day to prevent doxing by Antifa afterwards.  To that extent - mask can work and do have a purpose.

FWIW, my group was providing security and we had been working closely with Austin and State police both during the planning and during the entire day.  The filming was not for legal issues - only doxing.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 8:20:33 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Florida State + a cracker jack box doctorate (likely an EdDoc) from Nova Southeastern! Can't Jefferson County do any better than that?
View Quote

It's not the paper on the wall that matters, it's what you bring to the game that counts. The teachers I most admired as a student, I never knew who gave them their degree. It only mattered to me that they presented the material in a way that clicked with me as a student, as opposed to the retired on duty teachers who should have retired years ago and are simply phoning in their performance on a daily basis now

The same can be said for administrators
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 11:03:00 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

It's not the paper on the wall that matters, it's what you bring to the game that counts. The teachers I most admired as a student, I never knew who gave them their degree. It only mattered to me that they presented the material in a way that clicked with me as a student, as opposed to the retired on duty teachers who should have retired years ago and are simply phoning in their performance on a daily basis now

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That reminds me, the best teacher I ever had previously taught at a military school. Colonel Whims. Sort of like R. Lee Ermie. Well exactly like him, just not as nice. I don't know if he actually had a degree from anywhere, or if he was a real colonel, but he got me to get my shit done.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:35:27 AM EDT
[#48]
@LawyerUp

Any updates?
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:42:20 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
@LawyerUp

Any updates?
View Quote

Yesterday I had a phone call with the Liberty Justice Center, a conservative 1A organization, who wants to come in on the case to assist with the briefing. We'll probably go ahead and serve the complaint today. It sounds like they'll file a motion to dismiss and we'll fight a motion to dismiss before we get to discovery. Should be interesting.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:45:19 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Yesterday I had a phone call with the Liberty Justice Center, a conservative 1A organization, who wants to come in on the case to assist with the briefing. We'll probably go ahead and serve the complaint today. It sounds like they'll file a motion to dismiss and we'll fight a motion to dismiss before we get to discovery. Should be interesting.
View Quote

Page / 10
Top Top