User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 10
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 7:33:35 PM EDT
[#1]
https://www.surefire.com/contact

https://twitter.com/surefirellc

1-800-828-8809

Feel free to let them know how you feel.
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 7:36:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Search Donald Trump

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Who's next?
There are plenty more...

I've got 3 more to share shortly.
No balls if you don’t do Glock and PSA.
Both are clean. As is Magpul.

On the other hand, I won't be buying any 5.11 or Tactical Tailor stuff going forward.
Aw heck man, I like TT. What’s their story?
Tactical Tailor - Casey Ingels (CEO) - 1/16/2014 - $500 - Mark Udall (D-CO)
Not that I doubt you, but where’s this coming from? I searched him on open secrets and didn’t see anything.
https://www.opensecrets.org/donor-lookup/results?name=casey+ingels&cycle=&state=&zip=&employ=tactical&cand=
Search Donald Trump

Link Posted: 2/21/2019 7:38:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Guys I'm pretty sure OpenSecrets.com sources can be misleading.  All it takes is one person that just so happens to work for that company donating a lot of money to a Democrat, and boom, that it shows that the company is donating all of this money.

EDIT:

Disregard.  Surefire registered their own PAC, which some individuals donated to. Then the PAC that Surefire controls donated to these Democrats.

Flame on!
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 7:40:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Elzetta is better anyway.
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 7:40:10 PM EDT
[#5]
No one ever believes me when I say it's harder to find companies in the outdoor/shooting/hunting space that don't donate to Ds (at a minimum, most are raving lunatics) than to find one that doesnt.
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 7:41:09 PM EDT
[#6]
See, it's just a few individuals that work at this company that donated the money.  It's not the company!

You guys are fucking over legit companies.

EDIT:

Disregard.  Surefire registered their own PAC, which some individuals donated to. Then the PAC that Surefire controls donated to these Democrats.

Flame on!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 7:43:00 PM EDT
[#7]
EDIT: ^ Point taken.

I posted a link to Vista Outdoor's history a while back. I suppose that isn't the most recognizable name, but perhaps you've heard of some of their brands:

https://vistaoutdoor.com/brands/

On another note, Paul Buffoni and Pete Brownell are clear.
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 7:44:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
That's disappointing.
View Quote
I just sent off 2 form 4’s for SF 30 cal cans.

Link Posted: 2/21/2019 7:47:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
See, it's just a few individuals that work at this company that donated the money.  It's not the company!

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/167167/2019-02-21_17_40_14-SureFire_LLC_Contributors__2010_cycle___OpenSecrets_png-853361.JPG
View Quote
Going to need pics of the females before I assign guilt.
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 7:47:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Works for me. Bring every single one of these companies that are run by traitorous fucks out into the light.
I don't care if I'm stuck with one single manufacturer to shop with, I won't shop at places that give our money away to gun grabbers.
Good job OP.
View Quote
Works for me as well.  If these companies give money to the enemies of the 2nd Amendment, they become the enemies of gun owners.

Good job OP.

And, I always thought their flashlights were overpriced!
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 7:49:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
So surefire wont get any of my money now, streamlight seems to have questionable reliability. So who else is there to buy weapon lights from?
View Quote
FWIW, I own a Scorpion, Stinger and Ultra Stinger.  I've never had any problems, other than blown bulbs.

My only beef with Streamlight is they don't make LED upgrade kits for their incandescent lights.  But I know they make more money on people buying new lights versus selling upgrade kits for their older ones.
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 7:50:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/167167/2019-02-21_17_40_14-SureFire_LLC_Contributors__2010_cycle___OpenSecrets_png-853361.JPG
View Quote
The people you listed donated to the Surefire PAC. Then the Surefire PAC donated the money to the people OP listed.

You guys do know how PACs work, right?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_action_committee
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 7:51:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote
Bears repeating.
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 7:58:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Loretta Sanchez

Committee on Homeland SecuritySubcommittee on Border and Maritime Security
Subcommittee on Counterterrorism and Intelligence

They were trying to sell shit.
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 8:01:45 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Guys I'm pretty sure OpenSecrets.com sources can be misleading.  All it takes is one person that just so happens to work for that company donating a lot of money to a Democrat, and boom, that it shows that the company is donating all of this money.
View Quote
Surefire registered their own PAC...

Let that sink in real slow... they, as a company,  wanted to be able to donate to candidates (which businesses cannot directly do)  so much that they registered a political action committee to funnel the money through.

This isn't a random employee making a donation (protip: there's one low level assembly worker at Streamlight that is a raging liberal), this is a purposeful business decision.
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 8:02:31 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Loretta Sanchez

Committee on Homeland SecuritySubcommittee on Border and Maritime Security
Subcommittee on Counterterrorism and Intelligence

They were trying to sell shit.
View Quote
Oh, then all her ban proposals are OK.  Glad we got that cleared up!
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 8:02:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote
Do these individuals have a controlling interest in said company?

If not then yeah, put down the pitchforks and torches boys.

If so, fuck em.

Also: Given the location of the company, it wouldn't surprise me that a bunch of commies work there. Hell, I ran into a rabidly anti gun Marine working behind the counter at the local gun range years ago.
"People like you shouldn't be able to own the type of guns I use at my other job". That sorta shit.
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 8:03:46 PM EDT
[#18]
Surefire was in Sanchez’s district during the referenced period.

Company wanting some juice from their rep, like weighing in on procurement (does it happen?) or foreign sale, can pick up the phone, call the lobbyist and ask some favors for those thousands of donations. It’s just business.
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 8:03:55 PM EDT
[#19]
you guys don't really think they care about the civilian market, do you? They really don't even care about the police, they know that the feds and the military have endless amounts of money.

Streamlight constantly releases items for the civilian market, including industrial, police and fire users.
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 8:04:58 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Oh, then all her ban proposals are OK.  Glad we got that cleared up!
View Quote
Not trying explain anything.  Just an idea.

But yes, money makes strange bedfellows.
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 8:06:36 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
they seem overpriced for flashlights anyway IMO
View Quote
That is because 50% of the cost is for the democrats.
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 8:12:08 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

If so, fuck em.

Also: Given the location of the company, it wouldn't surprise me that a bunch of commies work there. Hell, I ran into a rabidly anti gun Marine working behind the counter at the local gun range years ago.
"People like you shouldn't be able to own the type of guns I use at my other job". That sorta shit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If so, fuck em.

The first guy listed there, John Matthews, is one of the founders and CEO of Surefire.

The last guy on the list, Sean Vo, is the CFO.
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 8:28:06 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Let that sink in real slow... they, as a company,  wanted to be able to donate to candidates (which businesses cannot directly do)  so much that they registered a political action committee to funnel the money through.

This isn't a random employee making a donation (protip: there's one low level assembly worker at Streamlight that is a raging liberal), this is a purposeful business decision.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

OH!

I didn't catch that

Ok then, carry on!
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 9:01:16 PM EDT
[#24]
These companies don't seem to realize that gun control is just a start on ARMS control, and they are just further down the list. A few may survive on gov contracts, but they will probably be nationalized at that point.
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 9:05:57 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
These companies don't seem to realize that gun control is just a start on ARMS control, and they are just further down the list. A few may survive on gov contracts, but they will probably be nationalized at that point.
View Quote
Donating to both sides to get government contracts makes more business sense than keeping the civilian market happy.

Then again, Trijicon, Aimpoint, Nightforce, LaRue Tactical, Geissele Automatics, Streamlight, and many others have managed to be successful without paying tribute to those that deplore freedom.

Maybe just making a quality product and standing behind your product works?
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 9:45:30 PM EDT
[#26]
Never liked Surefire to begin with.
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 9:47:03 PM EDT
[#27]
We need to scorch the earth against anyone who is not with us.  Figuratively, of course.
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 9:52:15 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Any progun donations?
View Quote
Would it matter?...
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 9:53:08 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Is this just a greasing of the local politician, or ideological support?
View Quote
Does it matter?...
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 9:54:04 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I will pay $20+ shipping for any surefire weapon that is in working condition.

$35 + shipping if it includes IR capabilities.

You don’t want your buddies at the gun range to think you are a commie do you?
View Quote
When did you join?...
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 9:54:56 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
So surefire wont get any of my money now, streamlight seems to have questionable reliability. So who else is there to buy weapon lights from?
View Quote
Olight...
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 9:57:34 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
the BIG mistake many people make, is assuming that a firearms manf or firearms related product manuf is actually pro 2A.
To many of them, its just a lucrative business, nothing more and they will lick whatever boot that helps kick the can down the road.
I have close family, that are a medium sized online firearms dealer, which are flaming anti-gun liberals!
View Quote
Best be letting Arfcom know the company name so shit can be shat on them!...
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 10:05:14 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote
Quoted for truth
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 10:06:34 PM EDT
[#34]

Link Posted: 2/21/2019 10:07:34 PM EDT
[#35]
can we just get a comprehensive list of these shitbag companies?
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 10:07:58 PM EDT
[#36]
Yet another reason not to buy their overpriced, low lumen lights. Streamlight for years and years has been more lumens for less money. Yet another nail in the coffin for SF.
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 10:10:02 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
the BIG mistake many people make, is assuming that a firearms manf or firearms related product manuf is actually pro 2A.
To many of them, its just a lucrative business, nothing more and they will lick whatever boot that helps kick the can down the road.
I have close family, that are a medium sized online firearms dealer, which are flaming anti-gun liberals!
View Quote
Care to name that company?
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 10:21:17 PM EDT
[#38]
We will shoot the marxists with the weapons they sold us?

I figure everyone is hostile to us or will sell us out for money, tbh.
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 10:41:17 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
We will shoot the marxists with the weapons they sold us?

I figure everyone is hostile to us or will sell us out for money, tbh.
View Quote
Commies hate us but love our money
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 10:47:42 PM EDT
[#40]
Surefire makes good products but they are raging assholes.

Their gravy train is gov contracts.  If you’re a LEO maybe they’ll help you out if they have time.

If you are a regular guy you can FOAD, pay full retail and maybe they’ll give you the time of day if they’re having a good day.

They’re also litigious pricks. They served 4Sevens, Fenix and a bunch of other light makers at Shot a few years back for patent infringements.  Something along the lines that they patented the forward clicky  switch or something.
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 10:47:49 PM EDT
[#41]
I’m curious as to how many in this thread are posting from iPhones or Mac devices?  What about Samsung?

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 10:53:11 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
That's disappointing.
View Quote
Yes it is.  I have a ton of their lights but can't buy any more now.  There really is no viable alternative for weapon lights either.
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 11:00:52 PM EDT
[#43]
We can probably safely assume that Surefire and Benchmade care quite a bit more about how firearms enthusiasts and Pro-2A folks feel than Apple does.
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 11:06:33 PM EDT
[#44]
Disappointing, I've bought a couple x300s in the past and was thinking about buying some of their products for myself, not anymore.
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 11:09:52 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
they seem overpriced for flashlights anyway IMO
View Quote
They are.  And when their shit breaks, they want a fortune to repair them.  I've always been a Surefire hater.  So far, I've gotten lucky with the companies I buy from...I stopped buying BM knives years ago, I roll with Zero Tolerance.  I stopped using Surefire's products about 5 years ago because they are shit and their customer support is garbage.  The fact that those companies donated to commies makes me feel even more vindicated.
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 11:15:08 PM EDT
[#46]
Man, if and when this trend continues and some of ARF's go-to folks are named, this site will explode.
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 11:17:55 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
you guys don't really think they care about the civilian market, do you? They really don't even care about the police, they know that the feds and the military have endless amounts of money.

Streamlight constantly releases items for the civilian market, including industrial, police and fire users.
View Quote
This, the companies who donate to the dems are the ones who have contracts and make their money that way. They'd care less if they offended you and you swore to never buy from them again, the gov. will keep them in business. Team Wendy is a good example.
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 11:20:45 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
EDIT: ^ Point taken.

I posted a link to Vista Outdoor's history a while back. I suppose that isn't the most recognizable name, but perhaps you've heard of some of their brands:

https://vistaoutdoor.com/brands/

On another note, Paul Buffoni and Pete Brownell are clear.
View Quote
I bet they're relieved to know that...
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 11:21:12 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

When did you join?...
View Quote
Same year as you...
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 11:21:19 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Man, if and when this trend continues and some of ARF's go-to folks are named, this site will explode.
View Quote
got my bandsaw ready for when KAC donates to democrats

Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top