Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/3/2021 7:11:06 PM EDT
There's a thread going right now discussing on how likely the new change will be abused, here;

https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/Does-anyone-else-think-upcoming-change-1-will-be-abused-/5-2510168/&page=3&anc=96130465#i96130465

Personally, in its proposed form I think it will be abused and will make forum sliding (a pretty well established practice among organized bad faith actors) very easy on this site.

To combat this, I suggest that with added OP privileges should come additional oversite of OPs exercising those privileges.  

One way to accomplish this is to treat the OP thread lock function the same way that the hide images function is used.

If a new guy posts a pic, any member can delete it if it’s inappropriate. But if you do and it’s fine you’re the one that gets sanctioned.

Same thing should happen with OP locks. If an OP locks you for a COC violation, cool. If the OPs just being a dick, they get sanctioned.
Link Posted: 12/8/2021 12:03:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/8/2021 10:44:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Right on, that’s completely fair. It was just a thought I had. I was going to mention it in the team thread but it had gotten off course so I figured I’d mention it here.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top