BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 10/10/2020 11:13:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If your still living with parents working a dead in job and on your 2 or 3rd dui, yeah you should have joined

If your stable and taking care of you and yours be thankful you dont have bad knees and a drinking problem
View Quote

What it you only have the good job, awesome family, and stable life because the Marine Corps knocked the stupid it of you?!?!????

Link Posted: 10/10/2020 11:14:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
As I get older, I wish I could retire somewhat young
View Quote
I have to admit retiring at 46 is pretty cool, good thing as I'm pretty lazy.

Tomorrow will be the second time in four years I got up before 0800.
Link Posted: 10/10/2020 11:15:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
i dont regret it, oh wait, i enlisted and did my time
View Quote
#enlistedmasterrace
Link Posted: 10/10/2020 11:17:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Do your knees still work?  Does your back hurt everyday?

You may have made the right choice not joining the Army or Marine Corps.  

If you regret not joining the Air Force, then Fuck You!.......   cuz I wish I woulda gone Zoomie!  
Link Posted: 10/10/2020 11:17:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I wanted to join. Uncle Sam wouldn't take me for medical reasons
View Quote
Same here,
Head injury with follow on seizures, kept going back until they let me in the NG.

Then a war broke out and transferred active duty, never give up.
Link Posted: 10/10/2020 11:20:42 PM EDT
[#6]
I donated alot of my time to the local communities so I did my share locally...I don't regret but I wonder how my life would of been different if I would of not dodged that marine recruiter for awhile.

I have drank / bought beer with navy men, seen massive navy tits because of my country as fuck alabama accent and still good friends with a Army drill sergeant ( formally as he is in stationed in New york now )

I have no regrets except not trying to bang that navy chick at Shaver Lake outside of fresno.
Link Posted: 10/10/2020 11:20:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Supposed to be so simple now that even a complete retard can pass Basic.
View Quote
You would have to be a weak ass retard to fail basic, even in the 80s.

They beat compliance and understanding into us, did the same when I was a Drill SGT.

Daughter said it was easy, then again she was born for it.

Link Posted: 10/10/2020 11:20:59 PM EDT
[#8]
I tried to join the army. I was too fat. Today they are all bigger than I was.
Link Posted: 10/10/2020 11:21:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/10/2020 11:23:21 PM EDT
[#10]
The United States has no business doing 99% of what it does around the world and it's soldiers are the Nazi Stormtroopers of the day as your great-grandchildren's future history books will attest in flowing Cyrillic script
Link Posted: 10/10/2020 11:25:33 PM EDT
[#11]
I regret not enlisting out of HS.

Then I realize I would have been about 5 years in on 9/11, and probably a medic, so good chance of some sort of on theater experience

Makes me glad I commissioned a decade later.

Though being retired now would be really nice too.
Link Posted: 10/10/2020 11:27:14 PM EDT
[#12]
I joined because I never wanted to live with that regret.

That said I got the fuck out as early as I honorably could.
Link Posted: 10/10/2020 11:28:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Well at least you never tried. I did and got permanently disqualified over that fucking hearing test. Still can't get over it.
View Quote

What?
Link Posted: 10/10/2020 11:29:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
The United States has no business doing 99% of what it does around the world and it's soldiers are the Nazi Stormtroopers of the day as your great-grandchildren's future history books will attest in flowing Cyrillic script
View Quote
Bow to your Storntrooper overloads peasant

Fighting the hadgi is great training.

Our grandchildren will be too busy fighting the Chinese and the Portland people's liberation front.

Hopefully my Grandkids have walls of hippy scalps.
Link Posted: 10/10/2020 11:33:28 PM EDT
[#15]
I always tried to limit my "quality times" to just after the TCN;s cleaned them ( You know, when they smelled so good ).
Link Posted: 10/10/2020 11:42:26 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Pink bellies FTL!  

I however was a member of the Skivvy Ninjas at NAS Millington, TN 1991.
View Quote

Glad I left there in 1990.  Right after they made all the fun places off limits.
Link Posted: 10/10/2020 11:42:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I always tried to limit my "quality times" to just after the TCN;s cleaned them ( You know, when they smelled so good ).
View Quote

Diesel fuel burn out shitter master race....remember when you dropped a huge deuce and the jp8 splashed up and hit your tain?   Good times.
And when you walk out of a wooden burn out shitter in Mosul Iraq it feels like 20 degrees cooler.
Link Posted: 10/10/2020 11:43:13 PM EDT
[#18]
Enlisted just out of High School with delayed entry. Did my physical at the MEPS in Los Angeles before the L.A. Riots ( I hear it burned down). I wanted to be a Ranger. I got Cavalry Scout( my recruiter told me it was the best choice if I wanted to be a Ranger, no idea if that was true. I also got guaranteed in my contract Airborne school, and R.I.P. (Ranger Indoctrination Program) which I was told was like a  week long mini Ranger school. A week before leaving for Basic I get jumped and end up losing all vision in one eye. So that dream was crushed. I sometimes wonder how my life would be if I'd been able to go. Would I have made Ranger? Would I still be alive?... But, you have to do your best with what you have and there's no point crying about things you cannot change.
Link Posted: 10/10/2020 11:45:06 PM EDT
[#19]
You haven't earned that 10% military discount if you haven't jacked off in a 130 degree porta potty.
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 1:18:25 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
You haven't earned that 10% military discount if you haven't jacked off in a 130 degree porta potty.
View Quote
Having done both I would contend that it is worse in a 20 degree porta potty.
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 2:00:30 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Having done both I would contend that it is worse in a 20 degree porta potty.
View Quote

But if you gotta poop, I still take the 10° over the 110°....   while that seat may be cold, I onow it hasn't just been used.  

Alhough keeping 7 layers from touching the walls is a challenge in itself.
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 2:35:47 AM EDT
[#22]
I see a big difference in perception, thinking and definiteness from those who were in the military or not. This includes my kids. IMO kids should be made to undergo a "boot camp" for a period of time whether they join .mil or not. "Tough'n the Fuck Up, slime balls" gives a certain and fundamental, foundational, focus to your life. Much different than what mommy has given you.
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 2:58:14 AM EDT
[#23]
Went in right after graduation. Did 4yrs active and the next 12 in various reserve/NG units. My NG and reserve days were the best. Ran into the the most overbearing narcissistic, mentally challenged people in active duty though, Army. There were only a few but they REALLY stood out.

I learned quite a bit, got to go places and made lots of friends. The mil experience is hard to beat. Its a great way for a young person to get the fuck out of town and into the world. Still wish I was in.
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 3:02:42 AM EDT
[#24]
At my age, I would have been active duty during 9/11, enlisted.  One of my best friends went ROTC, and did tours in Afghanistan and Iraq. Obama ended his career, and he was pushed out as a Major.
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 3:05:54 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Well OP my Daughter flys to Germany tomorrow after finishing Combat Medic school.

Two oldest sons served, but only did one enlistment, it's not for everyone.

Everyone has regrets, can't do shot about it but plan for tomorrow. Make tomorrow better than today.

Only man that can Male life great is in the mirror every morning.

Me I plan on meeting my daughter at the airport to give her a hug and wish her good luck.

Hell my son damn near killed himself in a mustang this week, he is alive and lessons were learned.

Remember it can always be worse.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/20856/72B712D9-482A-4076-850C-93DC64B9CB74-1624380.jpg
View Quote

Please tell me she isn't going to 421st.
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 3:26:51 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 3:32:16 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Well that's dumb. Most of us in a combat MOS get out half deaf anyway. You coulda had a head start
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Well at least you never tried. I did and got permanently disqualified over that fucking hearing test. Still can't get over it.
Well that's dumb. Most of us in a combat MOS get out half deaf anyway. You coulda had a head start

0311 here, don't forget to add and can't walk worth damn anymore.
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 4:19:50 AM EDT
[#28]
My younger brother was supposed to go into the Marines with me but backed out at the last minute. No medical reason to keep him out. I never really said much to him about it.
So about 25 years later at a very large family Thanksgiving he started giving our nephew shit about not going into the Army. Nephew was kind of a nerdy kid but had a legitimate medical reason that kept him out. My brother started saying that our nephew would have never made it through basic and that he couldn't handle it being in the Army. For some reason this pissed me off to no end. I said out loud so that everyone in the room could hear. I said how the fuck would you know if he could handled it or not. You don't go. I told my nephew to tell your uncle to go fuck himself. Everyone's now looking at me like I am a sheep killing dog. My nephew didn't say anything. I told him to do it again but he didn't. My dad and uncle both
vets said let's change the subject. I did out of respect for them.
Now my brother comes over to me like he wants to fight and goes what's your problem. I told him if you had at least tried to go to boot camp then you might have the right to say what you did but you didn't so  shut up about it and stop giving our nephew shit .  
Maybe my brother regretted not going in . We did not talk to each other for 6 months.  4 years later our nephew  passed away from the medical conditions that had just started to show up that kept him out of the Army.
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 5:50:38 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
My younger brother was supposed to go into the Marines with me but backed out at the last minute. No medical reason to keep him out. I never really said much to him about it.
So about 25 years later at a very large family Thanksgiving he started giving our nephew shit about not going into the Army. Nephew was kind of a nerdy kid but had a legitimate medical reason that kept him out. My brother started saying that our nephew would have never made it through basic and that he couldn't handle it being in the Army. For some reason this pissed me off to no end. I said out loud so that everyone in the room could hear. I said how the fuck would you know if he could handled it or not. You don't go. I told my nephew to tell your uncle to go fuck himself. Everyone's now looking at me like I am a sheep killing dog. My nephew didn't say anything. I told him to do it again but he didn't. My dad and uncle both
vets said let's change the subject. I did out of respect for them.
Now my brother comes over to me like he wants to fight and goes what's your problem. I told him if you had at least tried to go to boot camp then you might have the right to say what you did but you didn't so  shut up about it and stop giving our nephew shit .  
Maybe my brother regretted not going in . We did not talk to each other for 6 months.  4 years later our nephew  passed away from the medical conditions that had just started to show up that kept him out of the Army.
View Quote

Ouch!  I guess your younger brother hadn't really thought that one through. It was good of you to take up for the nephew.
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 6:00:45 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

So we know people have done it at regular war, but have people rubbed one out in the portashitter at Cola War?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
At 50 years old and 28 years from ETS I'm still not afraid to rub one out in a porta poti.

So we know people have done it at regular war, but have people rubbed one out in the portashitter at Cola War?
 Don't ask, don't tell.
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 6:21:17 AM EDT
[#31]
The Army has it rough like that. You could have joined the navy and had another seaman do it for you.
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 8:46:54 AM EDT
[#32]
I did my time for Uncle Sam, no regrets, I don't care if you did not, that's your problem. Just don't criticize any body who did.
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 8:47:43 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
#enlistedmasterrace
View Quote

#WOMasterrace
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 10:51:51 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
 Don't ask, don't tell.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
At 50 years old and 28 years from ETS I'm still not afraid to rub one out in a porta poti.

Don't ask, don't tell.

That's gross.
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 11:03:10 AM EDT
[#35]
OP not joining is why we're still in Afghanistan.
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 11:11:54 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
to this day when i smell turds i  get hard
View Quote
I get hard when I smell turds
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 11:17:28 AM EDT
[#37]
Damn y'all are pathetic. You couldn't make Internet Commando 4th class if you tried.
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 11:18:36 AM EDT
[#38]
Your knees and lower back thanks you.

And so does your anius.
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 11:21:51 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Thank you for your regret.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/11/2020 11:23:51 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you thinking of making that one of the obstacles?
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 11:29:13 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

The real struggle is having to explain to your wife that you no longer can get an erection without stifling heat, flies, and the smell of shit.

Not all combat wounds are on the outside.
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 11:34:31 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote
Going to Lanstul
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 11:39:20 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Are you thinking of making that one of the obstacles?
View Quote
Combat jack event 10 min time limit.
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 11:43:35 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Going to Lanstul
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Going to Lanstul

She is going to have a blast.  Tell her to do some traveling while she is there.
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 11:49:42 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
OP not joining is why we're still in Afghanistan.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/11/2020 11:54:41 AM EDT
[#46]
Yeah, well, I was going to enlist but I don't tolerate people getting in my face and yelling at me. Any asshole tries that shit with me and I'd kick their ass.

Plus, I had to take care of my truck driving mother who has bad knees.
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 11:58:24 AM EDT
[#47]
Best thing I ever did was join the army, for my country AND me.  Hard to figure who got the better deal.  I'm 75.
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 12:07:33 PM EDT
[#48]
Who hasn't beat their meat in a 130 degree port-a-shitter while deployed?
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 12:12:55 PM EDT
[#49]
Day 2
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 12:25:50 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Day 2
View Quote

Of me still being too fat and living vicariously through TV shows and clone rifle builds?
Page / 4
Top Top