Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 7/25/2023 8:21:52 PM EDT
From as long as I remember, the Pro-2A crowd messaging was that the Second Amendment was intended to resist Government Tyranny.

Is anyone still under the illusion that the 2A is a good protection against tyranny?
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 8:25:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Everyone is waiting on you to make a move
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 8:27:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 8:28:32 PM EDT
[#3]
It might as well not exist.

Nobodies doing anything and our FF's are rolling in their graves.

Just enjoy the decline. We've got front row seats.
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 8:30:35 PM EDT
[#4]
The Colonists had over 10 years of tyranny and excessive taxation after fighting the french and indian war before anyone contemplated revolution. And that was only decided after Lexington & Concord.

It takes more than anyone thinks, unfortunately.
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 8:31:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Y’all are a bunch of biggity bitch defeatists.

Live your fucking life and ignore the fucking laws that you don’t like, just like leftists do.

Link Posted: 7/25/2023 8:32:06 PM EDT
[#6]
It worked out decent at lobby day 2020. If most gun owners organized shit like that and actually attended, it would be a significant step forward.
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 8:32:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The Colonists had over 10 years of tyranny and excessive taxation after fighting the french and indian war before anyone contemplated revolution. And that was only decided after Lexington & Concord.

View Quote

It’s been 30 years since Waco.

We are taxed more than the Colonists.
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 8:33:34 PM EDT
[#8]
About when the people in Russia overthrow Putin and join the modern democratic world.  Nobody wants to go first.
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 8:33:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Live your fucking life and ignore the fucking laws that you don’t like, just like leftists do.

View Quote

>ignore the declining civilization around you
>don’t do anything

Geeez. I wonder how we got in this mess.

How did ignoring laws work out for January 6th protesters?
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 8:34:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

So were going on nearly 50 years of overt tyranny. I guess apathy wins if bellies are full.
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 8:36:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Q: When is the 2A suppose to kick in?

A. arfcom: WELLLLLL, waiting on you tough guy.  Why don't you make the first move?  Pussy.
B. also arfcom: OMG, he made a first move and actually did something! LOCK HIM UP! Imprison his family, the fucking traitor!  We have rules here.  We have to take the moral high ground and vote harder.

LOL.  The "right" is its own worst enemy.
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 8:36:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Be thankful it hasn’t kicked off yet.

We still have time to build coalitions and find likeminded people with whom to ally, to strengthen our communities and lay in preps. And to build our Christmas Card Lists.

At some point someone will do something. Probably something stupid, probably you don’t agree with, or something you find fault in, or something you’d have done differently.

And then you’ll have to decide if you’re going to jump.

I hope you’ve made plans for that day.
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 8:37:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

They were better men than we are.

Three times better, it seems, and counting.
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 8:38:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Everyone is waiting on you to make a move
View Quote
Last time a move was made, a bunch of people got arrested, half of the right wing condemned them, and they ended up being used as a tool for political showboating in the following election by politicians that mostly don't give a shit about them in reality, while being indefinitely held without bond.
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 8:40:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Last time a move was made, a bunch of people got arrested, half of the right wing condemned them, and they ended up being used as a tool for political showboating in the following election by politicians that mostly don't give a shit about them in reality, while being indefinitely held without bond.
View Quote

Half?  Try like 90%.
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 8:40:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

>don’t do anything
View Quote

I don’t live around trash. I live in a county of 40k people that’s twice the size of Rhode Island with a Sheriff’s department of less than 100 people.

I own 30 acres. I ignore stupid laws that I don’t like on my own land.
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 8:41:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Sounds like someone never read the Declaration of Independence.

Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 8:41:47 PM EDT
[#18]
No one is going to do shit.

Link Posted: 7/25/2023 8:41:50 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I don’t live around trash. I live in a county of 40k people that’s twice the size of Rhode Island with a Sheriff’s department of less than 100 people.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

>don’t do anything

>if I ignore the greater problem that surrounds my isolated hidey hole surely it will just go away
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 8:43:04 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

Well yeah, a lot of us are doing that.

But thats not going to change anything.

So, do what you want, but you're still sitting back and watching the decline.

But, as I said we have front row seats.
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 8:43:27 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
From as long as I remember, the Pro-2A crowd messaging was that the Second Amendment was intended to resist Government Tyranny.

Is anyone still under the illusion that the 2A is a good protection against tyranny?
View Quote

Uhhhh... the fact we are on the biggest global gun forum in the "free" country and cant even speak of it should say exactly why.

We are no longer free. That is/was an illusion. Poke your head out and its gonna get clipped.
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 8:45:18 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

>if I ignore the greater problem that surrounds my isolated hidey hole surely it will just go away
View Quote

I don’t know man, you should probably just live your life and not worry about shit you can’t change.

Or you could carry on crying about it on an anonymous Internet forum and continue to not change things… your call.
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 8:46:58 PM EDT
[#23]
You need a declaration of independence and list of grievances.
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 8:47:13 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I don’t know man, you should probably just live your life and not worry about shit you can’t change.

Or you could carry on crying about it on an anonymous Internet forum and continue to not change things… your call.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

>just focus on individualism bro
>it doesn’t matter what you think because it can’t have any impact on anything you should just resign yourself to focusing on your own desires bro

Great plan.
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 8:47:29 PM EDT
[#25]
You seem pretty smart Taylor Swift guy, what shall we do about this tyranny?
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 8:47:32 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

You've been reading Erin, haven't you...?  

It is a bulwark, but it also requires organization and planning.  Not building an ammo fort and thinking you're good.  Organize with like minded people.  And learn how to make and use things beyond mere small arms.
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 8:48:04 PM EDT
[#27]
Slow.
there will be some rumors, maybe something captured on the internets.
Then, astonishment and a lot of Wailing for peace.
then anger and overreaction.
then it will get fast.
Real fast.
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 8:48:23 PM EDT
[#28]
Why is OP trying to redefine communism and push collectivism... Fascinating.
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 8:48:58 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
You need a declaration of independence and list of grievances.
View Quote

And a significant faction that both indirectly and directly supports you in the parliament of the country you’re trying to separate from.
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 8:50:03 PM EDT
[#30]
it doesn't. it's over.
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 8:50:19 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

Well what are you waiting on?
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 8:50:32 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

There you go pushing normatively loaded words again.
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 8:51:01 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

>just focus on individualism bro
>it doesn’t matter what you think because it can’t have any impact on anything you should just resign yourself to focusing on your own desires bro

Great plan.
View Quote

Everyone on here claims to be pro gun pro freedom. Look in every single thread here and all you have is "like minded" people arguing and bitching over stupid ass meaningless shit. And you expect this crowd to organize in a mass large enough to overthrow a globally owned america?

lulz.
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 8:52:13 PM EDT
[#34]
Comfortable people don't push back. Even our "poor" are comfortable by world standards.
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 8:52:34 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 8:54:07 PM EDT
[#36]
The 2A is not supposed to protect us against tyranny.

The founders put in the Bill of Rights the minimum needed to make it possible to resist tyranny if the people valued their liberty. If the people are armed, can communicate, and assemble of their own volition, tyranny may be resisted successfully. Tools are not responsible for results, it is the people making use of tools that accomplish a result.
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 8:54:57 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Sounds like someone never read the Declaration of Independence.

View Quote

I guess the "evils are sufferable" so far, for the vast majority of people.
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 8:56:58 PM EDT
[#38]

Actually LOL'd.  

It's likely the barleywine, and a sense of humor with a Schwartzschild-radius, but still.
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 8:58:09 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You’re the one doing this all the time, not showing your work, and then rolling your eyes when we don’t understand you.

So, show your work.
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 8:59:14 PM EDT
[#40]
I was pondering something similar to this earlier today.

At what point does corruption cross the line into tyranny?
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 9:00:15 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

Why is the OP Anti-2A?
Because that's exactly what this and multiple topics he has started and replies he has made states.
Either that or he's trying to incite "the Pro-2A crowd" into doing something for his parole officer/handler.
Or is it strictly mercenary? The Federal snitch money must be huge  if you could get a member of this board to attack LE or a politician.
They'd probably throw in a couple of MP7s to boot for a good boy.
Who's a good boy?
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 9:00:23 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

You’re the one doing this all the time, not showing your work, and then rolling your eyes when we don’t understand you.

So, show your work.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So, show your work.

You’re the one who brought up both Communism and Collectivism.
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 9:00:31 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's been 30 years since Waco.

Everyone who wants significant change and a return to founding principles is waiting for someone else to go first.  Nobody wants to go first, because everyone knows what happens to the people who go first.  People want to live to enjoy the aftermath of a reset.  They don't want to die.

The founders must have felt like they were so oppressed that likely death wasn't a deterrent to action.

The short form version is life doesn't suck bad enough yet.
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 9:01:34 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

So, show your work.
View Quote

Agreed.  At least @GreyHat was delightfully Delphic about his pronunciations of DOOM! and trolling the Elders.  And would respond to rhetorical hooks.
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 9:01:47 PM EDT
[#45]
GD can’t even give up pedo netflix
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 9:02:27 PM EDT
[#46]
I’ve been doing some reflecting and I believe the Holy Spirit has led me here for today.

Psalms 125:3
For the scepter of wickedness shall not rest
   on the land allotted to the righteous,
lest the righteous stretch out
   their hands to do wrong.
View Quote

From me/ my understanding of passages and where i have recently been led:

Do not shy from the truth keep it upon your lips.
Lots of lies are being exposed, and are making in through their walls to the uninformed.  So many are starting to wake up.

Their are many who God is their rock and who He has trained their arms for war who are leaving room for God’s wrath.  This is righteous.

God’s timeframe isn’t ours.  Focus on your relationship to him.  Do what is pleasing to him and consult with him in prayer and worship.  The closer we are to him the less  time the rod of wickedness will sit.
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 9:03:13 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So, show your work.

Literally from your own threads … do you not remember those?
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 9:03:14 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

So you like property taxes and income taxes huh?
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 9:03:33 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Why is the OP Anti-2A?
Because that's exactly what this and multiple topics he has started and replies he has made states.
Either that or he's trying to incite "the Pro-2A crowd" into doing something for his parole officer/handler.
Or is it strictly mercenary? The Federal snitch money must be huge  if you could get a member of this board to attack LE or a politician.
Who's a good boy?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why is the OP Anti-2A?
Who's a good boy?

This is a discussion board.

I enjoy having discussions that challenge our normal understanding of the world around us because the following dialogue typically establishes more insight and leads to a better understanding of things, both for myself and other people.

Another way to phrase this would be it’s a simple thought experiment for people.

Why would I be inciting violence? Isn’t the second amendment in and of itself the implied use of violence?

I guess I can just open a thread about beans in meat soup if you find that more interesting.
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 9:04:05 PM EDT
[#50]
You work for .gov and you started a thread recently about wanting to run away to Japan, of all places. Seems you’re concerned
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top