Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/31/2022 11:52:45 AM EDT
Being a bit of a history nut I find this stuff fascinating, so here goes.
Edit to add another video

A 4000-year-old Smile?An Endless River? | China Documentary

Mysterious Mummies of China(1993) Series : 1 | Documentary #Documentary

Cemetary

Tarim Basin Mummies

Penn Gazette
Link Posted: 1/31/2022 12:57:57 PM EDT
[#1]
I saw a documentary about these people probably 20 years ago. Found it fascinating. Seems what started as small outposts of traders flourished and became rather large groups. In the meantime so much has been learned about DNA and genetics. That aspect of their history should be equally fascinating.
Link Posted: 1/31/2022 12:59:18 PM EDT
[#2]
I thought this would be a dark website where I could buy mummies.  I'm disappointed.
Link Posted: 1/31/2022 1:08:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Wow, interesting.  Ancient populations that come and go and migrate and blend and fade away are a fascinating topic.
Link Posted: 1/31/2022 1:20:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I thought this would be a dark website where I could buy mummies.  I'm disappointed.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/31/2022 1:59:28 PM EDT
[#5]
I started to watch and am very interested, but the musical score that is louder than the narrator is unforgivable.

I just don't understand why anyone wold put that degree of effort into something and then effectively mute the narrator with meaningless and pointless music.

But thanks for the effort OP
Link Posted: 1/31/2022 3:28:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I started to watch and am very interested, but the musical score that is louder than the narrator is unforgivable.

I just don't understand why anyone wold put that degree of effort into something and then effectively mute the narrator with meaningless and pointless music.

But thanks for the effort OP
View Quote

Which video?
Link Posted: 1/31/2022 3:35:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Which video?
View Quote

The first one
Link Posted: 1/31/2022 7:01:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

The first one
View Quote

I didn't seem to notice it much, there are other vids out there on the same subject though.
These people must have had a tough life 3 to 4 thousand years ago. You were lucky to live to 40 years old
Link Posted: 1/31/2022 7:43:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Bump for the evening crew
Link Posted: 1/31/2022 7:49:55 PM EDT
[#10]
I saw them when I was in China.

The Chinese had a lot of trouble admitting that caucasians were in Mongolia centuries ago.  I don't see what the big deal was  It's a "so what, who care and what difference does it make?"

They could put those mummies on a road show.  Dead Doods and Doodettes on Parade!
Link Posted: 1/31/2022 7:53:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Those the 6' tall or taller red headed euro genetic mummies?
I thought that documentary was scrubbed by our chicom overlords.
Link Posted: 1/31/2022 7:59:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

The Chinese had a lot of trouble admitting that caucasians were in Mongolia centuries ago.  I don't see what the big deal was  It's a "so what, who care and what difference does it make?"

They could put those mummies on a road show.  Dead Doods and Doodettes on Parade!
View Quote

Very neat!

My friend spent some time there and was surprised at the amount of Han-supremacist stuff going on there. Kinda bizarre.
Link Posted: 1/31/2022 8:08:13 PM EDT
[#13]
That is really neat.
Link Posted: 2/1/2022 12:08:56 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

They don’t want to admit that inventions like “the wheel” and “metallurgy” and “weaving” and “goat herding” were actually introduced to Asia, by white men from the north.      If it weren’t for those damned mummies, China would have lagged Sub Saharan Africa in technology.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top