BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 7:48:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Imagine if people were this passionate, involved and determined to fix real problems.
View Quote

Last I checked armed trespassers are a real problem.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 8:01:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 8:07:46 AM EDT
[#3]
The guy that killed this buck has been interviewed a couple of times and talked about the case.  He went over all the internet rumors.  I found him believable.  If what he said about what the OH DNR did is true then fuck the OH DNR.  He calims to have called a OH conservation officer the day after he killed the buck when all the internet bullshit started and and wanted him to come to his sisters property to show him the gut pile and where he killed the buck.  Officer declined.

Link Posted: 5/12/2024 8:15:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 8:15:45 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Would never trust someone with that beard.
View Quote

Yet another uncannily accurate first post.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 8:39:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
The guy that killed this buck has been interviewed a couple of times and talked about the case.  He went over all the internet rumors.  I found him believable.  If what he said about what the OH DNR did is true then fuck the OH DNR.  He calims to have called a OH conservation officer the day after he killed the buck when all the internet bullshit started and and wanted him to come to his sisters property to show him the gut pile and where he killed the buck.  Officer declined.

View Quote

I mean a gut pile could be plunked down anywhere. Hell even a believable blood trail could be made up if you were so inclined. Thing is though always hard to believe DNR s in these situations too. Nothing more do they love than getting their name in the headlines for  monster deer. I had heard two versions of what this guy supposedly did. One, deer caught on trail cam miles away and he got dimed. Two, he hunted it on his sisters property whom he had only gotten verbal permission and that the property was actually owned by a grandmother who hadn’t given him permission.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 8:44:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
It's a single fucking deer.

If you are reading this and want to tax, arrest or shoot someone over a shooting a wild animal that isn't rare or on the verge of extinction, you need to look in the mirror and seek God.

Tyrants everywhere.
View Quote

Username change requested. New name: RandyBroshanklemonitor
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 8:48:53 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Two, he hunted it on his sisters property whom he had only gotten verbal permission and that the property was actually owned by a grandmother who hadn’t given him permission.
View Quote

This is goofy. Family member says you can hunt on their land but it has to be in writing?

My aunt/cousins own a bunch of adjacent land. One cousin will give permission to anyone who calls and asks, but one section is HEAVY with deer and always has a lot of hunters on it, mostly with permission. Last time I was there I was sitting on a fence line glassing for deer and guy pulls up in his pickup, crosses the fence and walks out to me. Asks me my name. I have it to him and said, “you know that fence you just crossed to come over here? I built it. Can I help you with anything else?” I’ve taken a lot of sausage out of that field but haven’t for years now. Can’t hunt it without running into some other asshole who thinks it’s his.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 8:53:52 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
In before the guys complaining about “Muh King’s deer!”
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/12/2024 8:54:53 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Or, someone has spent time, effort, and money managing a property to hunt.  Buying or leasing a property; putting in the time and money to put in stands, food plots, and feeders; paying taxes on the land; the list goes forever, just to have some trespassing shitstain come in and kill animals you've put the work in to develop.  That tends to piss folks off.  Jealousy has nothing to do with it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Also, never underestimate the jealousy of some people who aren't happy at what other people kill. Then there's those who think that because they've never killed a buck that big, the hunter must have done it illegally.
Or, someone has spent time, effort, and money managing a property to hunt.  Buying or leasing a property; putting in the time and money to put in stands, food plots, and feeders; paying taxes on the land; the list goes forever, just to have some trespassing shitstain come in and kill animals you've put the work in to develop.  That tends to piss folks off.  Jealousy has nothing to do with it.
You misunderstood my post. I'm saying there are times that a hunter does everything legal and others will try to ruin it for that hunter because of jealousy. A relative killed the one of the biggest deer ever in his county on opening morning of bow season. Some people were claiming he had to have poached it off a high fence place, not knowing that he had photos of the deer going back years on his property.

I will say fuck poachers. We've had problems with them on the property I hunt.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 8:56:27 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Looking up the case, it had a summary judgment entered in the lawsuit on May 3rd. Zero updates on his blog...

What was the outcome of the lawsuit?
View Quote

Cash settlement with non-disclosure agreement?
It's standard in civil suits, but if I were suing the government, I'd be highly resistant to signing an NDA. My first amendment rights are not to be given away for free. They might be for sale at a high price, but the idea of taking hush money from the taxpayers in order to keep the taxpayers in the dark is rather sketchy.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 8:56:59 AM EDT
[#12]
He looks like he was busy stealing catalytic converters when he ran across the deer.  

Screw cheaters, we have a Rinky dink fishing derby at my cottage and it's amazing that kids in diapers can pull out a trophy fish!
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 8:58:09 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Looking up the case, it had a summary judgment entered in the lawsuit on May 3rd. Zero updates on his blog...

What was the outcome of the lawsuit?
View Quote

iirc he got the heads back & they sued the fish cops and won. damn liars.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 9:03:35 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 9:05:00 AM EDT
[#15]
23 charges?

Seems quite excessive unless they found his DNA inside the deer or something.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 9:10:41 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

This is goofy. Family member says you can hunt on their land but it has to be in writing?

View Quote

In some states, officially, yes.  DNR usually doesn’t give a shit unless there’s an issue, such as a landowner in question calling the DNR and saying “that’s my land, here’s the deed, and that asshole hasn’t had permission in years”.

Link Posted: 5/12/2024 9:10:51 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 9:15:06 AM EDT
[#18]
So he didn't shoot it at place A but really at place B. I get its trespassing but FFS an investigation based off of phone pics and metadata. Fish cops and their proud wall of shame.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 9:18:48 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Maybe he's a poacher, or maybe Ohio is taking a page from the West Virginia playbook.

https://thecivilrightslawyer.com/2022/11/24/officers-lose-their-trophies-they-chose-poorly/
View Quote

I have no idea of the guilt or innocence of the guy called into question, but I could absolutely see ODNR doing something like this. The fish cops here are the worst of the worst and will bend rules to try to hem up anyone they possibly can.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 9:54:18 AM EDT
[#20]
THis is the location of the property the DNR says he really killed the buck on.

39.436374 ,  -83.857519

A church and few businesses  nearby.   Maybe they got him on camera dragging the deer out?

Link to indictment

https://www.ohioattorneygeneral.gov/Files/Briefing-Room/News-Releases/CHRISTOPHER-ALEXANDER-INDICTMENT.aspx

Link Posted: 5/12/2024 10:02:11 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 10:23:30 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

The buck doesn't have feelings, and is therefore not concerned with where it is on the list.

Keeping "records" in this manner is a contributing factor of the buck's poaching.

View Quote
Of course the buck doesn't care that he made the list when shot. But it is interesting to know how basic information about the health, population metrics, and size of wildlife, so knowing the record size is good.

As far as notoriety for the alleged poaching, that's why there would be no record for the kill, only for the animal.

Link Posted: 5/12/2024 10:26:34 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
THis is the location of the property the DNR says he really killed the buck on.

39.436374 ,  -83.857519

A church and few businesses  nearby.   Maybe they got him on camera dragging the deer out?

Link to indictment

https://www.ohioattorneygeneral.gov/Files/Briefing-Room/News-Releases/CHRISTOPHER-ALEXANDER-INDICTMENT.aspx

View Quote

So I skimmed the indictment. Seems they are getting him for felony theft for endorsements/stories he sold to magazines and products.

He also is getting indicted for jacklighting on that property (the one he killed the record on.) I’m not sure if it’s for jacklighting the record buck or not.

We’ll see what the jury says, but he certainly sounds like a POS if they have enough evidence for 23 indictments.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 11:04:49 AM EDT
[#24]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
23 charges?

Seems quite excessive unless they found his DNA inside the deer.

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/th-463.jpg
I don't think it's illegal to have sex with dead animals.  If he managed to have sex with that big of a deer while it was alive, I'd sure hate to be his cellmate.

Link Posted: 5/12/2024 11:10:52 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

So I skimmed the indictment. Seems they are getting him for felony theft for endorsements/stories he sold to magazines and products.

He also is getting indicted for jacklighting on that property (the one he killed the record on.) I'm not sure if it's for jacklighting the record buck or not.

We'll see what the jury says, but he certainly sounds like a POS if they have enough evidence for 23 indictments.
View Quote
Sounding more and more like a POS poacher based upon the history of doing stuff before.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 11:21:23 AM EDT
[#26]
And yet the usual crew was defending the guy to the hilt.

These guys are addicts, it’s just that their drug is different.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 11:31:51 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
And yet the usual crew was defending the guy to the hilt.

These guys are addicts, it’s just that their drug is different.
View Quote

Yup, really big deer make some dudes do really stupid shit.

The “kings deer” crowd are a really ignorant bunch. It wasn’t even a lifetime ago that many big game species were on the brink of extinction in this country. These laws exist for a reason, and the people that are willing to knowingly and blatantly break them are taking opportunities from those of us who follow the rules.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 11:32:24 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

My aunt/cousins own a bunch of adjacent land. One cousin will give permission to anyone who calls and asks, but one section is HEAVY with deer and always has a lot of hunters on it, mostly with permission. Last time I was there I was sitting on a fence line glassing for deer and guy pulls up in his pickup, crosses the fence and walks out to me. Asks me my name. I have it to him and said, “you know that fence you just crossed to come over here? I built it. Can I help you with anything else?” I’ve taken a lot of sausage out of that field but haven’t for years now. Can’t hunt it without running into some other asshole who thinks it’s his.
View Quote

Grandma, the owner, forbade him.   That’s wierd but maybe she knows a little shit asshole when she sees one,
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 11:33:56 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Grandma, the owner, forbade him.   That’s wierd but maybe she knows a little shit asshole when she sees one,
View Quote

She probably knew he was a jacklighting POS.

This trial might be entertaining to watch given the family drama involved.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 11:37:37 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I don't think it's illegal to have sex with dead animals.  If he managed to have sex with that big of a deer while it was alive, I'd sure hate to be his cellmate.

View Quote

Lol, it was pointed out during my Penal  Law class that it is illegal to have sex with a dead human body.  It is illegal to have sex with animals.  It did not say anything abought having sex with dead animals.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 11:38:35 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 11:39:47 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 11:41:56 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Lol, it was pointed out during my Penal  Law class that it is illegal to have sex with a dead human body.  It is illegal to have sex with animals.  It did not say anything abought having sex with dead animals.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Many years ago, there was a forum dedicated to sex with dead animals. An acquaintance found it while working on his (masters? Dissertation?) psychology degree.  They had a subforum for best health practices… really.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 11:43:47 AM EDT
[#34]
I see the usual suspects are defending a POS.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 11:43:54 AM EDT
[#35]
[]
Quoted:

Also stealing memory cards from other guys cameras (count 11) and poaching a different buck earlier in the year (count 9 and 10).  I'm sure the guy has plenty of acquaintances he's pissed off that are ready to inform on him.  

Count 17 says he moved the deer and deer guts to the location owned by Kristina (grandma or sister?), and then doctored the permission slip he had to hunt on her property.  

Then about $20k in accepting money from others to promote his false story.
View Quote

Oh yeah forgot to mention those.

This wasn’t a dude getting strung up on a minor infraction like having permission from family but not “written” permission. This looks like a grade A dirtbag poacher.

It usually catches up to them eventually, and looks like in this case it did. He’ll get his day in court I guess.

I’m surprised he didn’t just plead out to avoid the felonies or something.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 11:45:35 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Grandma, the owner, forbade him.   That's wierd but maybe she knows a little shit asshole when she sees one,
View Quote
The land the OH DNR says he hunted on was owned by an oil company.   They say he killed a 150" 8 on that property the previous hunting season.  They know the exact dates he hunted.

Are cell phones always recording your gps location?   I know  it happens when you make a call.  Were the bunny cops able to go to the cell phone company and get year old locations?

There was some issue with his step mother who may have been on the deed to his sisters land.   No grandmother issue. that I know of.

This dude has given several interviews. One right after he killed the 18 point and one after they took his shit. Claims his dad is a detective.  If he was gulity you would have thought he would be smart enough to not give interviews to some hunting pod cast where they asked tons of questions about the case.

Link Posted: 5/12/2024 11:45:55 AM EDT
[#37]
Poached?

No.

He just trespassed to go hunt it.

Charge that.

People get so butthurt about deer it's hilarious.

They all think they would have shot the big one if it weren't for someone else.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 11:49:04 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

She probably knew he was a jacklighting POS.

This trial might be entertaining to watch given the family drama involved.
View Quote

In one place I used to live we had one addict that really stood out.  He was a state prison guard.  His mommy would drop him off on posted lands so that he could poach deer that people were talking about.  He also screwed his coworkers, they did swaps, you work my shift and I’ll work yours in the summer.  They had an organized program.  He’d take swaps off during the fall and then not show up for the shifts he was obligated to to the tune of hundreds of hours and the guy whose shift it originally one is the guy on the hook.  He was so bad I believe they criminally prosecuted him for theft and fired him.  His coworkers were going to murder him if he stayed.   Oh and funny thing is he had transferred to the Conservation Law Enforcement Division early in his state service and was told to leave or face firing.  He went back to the prison gig.  There was something to do with an attempted murder and one of the male parties in a three way love triangle jumping out a second story window under fire.    

Funny how my life never had that kind of drama.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 11:50:28 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Many years ago, there was a forum dedicated to sex with dead animals. An acquaintance found it while working on his (masters? Dissertation?) psychology degree.  They had a subforum for best health practices… really.
View Quote

That’s nasty! [/Cleveland]
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 11:52:14 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

This happened here a few year ago. I stopped hunting cause of work schedule.  I gave a couple guys I know permission to hunt my land. They sent me pictures of a massive buck for our area. They had trail cams all over the place and would post pics on Facebook.

One early morning guy shows up at the gas station, with a massive buck. Said it was one shot and it dropped .it was the same deer as the other guys had on camera. Dude even posted where he shot it on Facebook.  

Buddies check trail cams and there is asshole at 430am on there cams on my land.  His own pics were time stamped and matched the trail cams.

The game wardens were not amused. It cost him a lot.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ohio uses an Etag system. I highly suspect that tips off ODNR via location data. That and metadata via pictures, social media, etc.

Get a warrant for cell phone location data for the time of the kill, and bam…

This happened here a few year ago. I stopped hunting cause of work schedule.  I gave a couple guys I know permission to hunt my land. They sent me pictures of a massive buck for our area. They had trail cams all over the place and would post pics on Facebook.

One early morning guy shows up at the gas station, with a massive buck. Said it was one shot and it dropped .it was the same deer as the other guys had on camera. Dude even posted where he shot it on Facebook.  

Buddies check trail cams and there is asshole at 430am on there cams on my land.  His own pics were time stamped and matched the trail cams.

The game wardens were not amused. It cost him a lot.

here in RVA,  we have a rather famous Cemetary, (Jeff Davis and a few US Presidents buried there)

also has a lot of foot traffic,, great scenery and a bit of wild life

so dude kills a big buck , posts pics everywhere,  gets lots of Kudos, and then someone recognized the deer as one from the Cemetary,

Hollywood is on the James,  and intown,  no hunting,  no adjoining land to hunt,

things did not go well for him

https://www.outdoorlife.com/conservation/hollywood-cemetery-buck-poaching-investigation/

FWIW,, I have met Mr Draper (quoted in the article) he is not only a great photog, but was a very avid hunter back in the day,
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 11:53:06 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 11:53:51 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
The land the OH DNR says he hunted on was owned by an oil company.   They say he killed a 150" 8 on that property the previous hunting season.  They know the exact dates he hunted.

Are cell phones always recording your gps location?   I know  it happens when you make a call.  Were the bunny cops able to go to the cell phone company and get year old locations?

There was some issue with his step mother who may have been on the deed to his sisters land.   No grandmother issue. that I know of.

This dude has given several interviews. One right after he killed the 18 point and one after they took his shit. Claims his dad is a dective.  If he was gulity you would have thought he would be smart enough to not give interviews to some hunting pod cast where they asked tons of questions about the case.

View Quote

Sorry perhaps my memory of the original thread is weak.  I thought it was grandma’s land and she had refused him specifically from hunting it.

Link Posted: 5/12/2024 11:57:46 AM EDT
[#43]
In this thread we see who doesnt own property and deal with the constant hunting season trespassing assholes that are a huge pain in the ass.
And to the Kings deer Shitheads! They are everyones deer.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 11:58:35 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

here in RVA,  we have a rather famous Cemetary, (Jeff Davis and a few US Presidents buried there)

also has a lot of foot traffic,, great scenery and a bit of wild life

so dude kills a big buck , posts pics everywhere,  gets lots of Kudos, and then someone recognized the deer as one from the Cemetary,

Hollywood is on the James,  and intown,  no hunting,  no adjoining land to hunt,

things did not go well for him

https://www.outdoorlife.com/conservation/hollywood-cemetery-buck-poaching-investigation/

FWIW,, I have met Mr Draper (quoted in the article) he is not only a great photog, but was a very avid hunter back in the day,
View Quote

That’s genaerally a hard rule in a cemetery, the no hunting.  Oddly I had permission as a young man to bow hunt the cemetery lands that were undeveloped and never would be due to water erosion.  I used to deliver their newspaper and knew the manager and our land butted up to their undevelopable section.  My guidance was to have fun, just obviously stay out of sight of cemetery visitors.  Easy enough.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 12:02:20 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
23 charges?

Seems quite excessive unless they found his DNA inside the deer or something.
View Quote

So they checked Metadata on the pic. Saw it wasn't where he said it was.

Then they went back and checked all the other photos he had with deer he had killed. Realized those were poached too. Charges for each one's
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 12:03:48 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 12:07:22 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Maybe he's a poacher, or maybe Ohio is taking a page from the West Virginia playbook.

https://thecivilrightslawyer.com/2022/11/24/officers-lose-their-trophies-they-chose-poorly/
View Quote

Exactly what I'm wondering. If he killed it illegally, then he deserves what he gets.

However, here in VA, I've witnessed first hand a significant amount of corruption with some of our conservation officers. A guy we hunt with that's fairly unpopular killed a monster buck and they literally harassed him. Pulling him over almost daily, harassed the rest of the group of hunters about it, etc. all trying to get proof that he killed it illegally. This went on almost the whole hunting season before they gave up.

I also saw them charge another guy with a crime that he didn't commit. I was there when the "alleged" crime happened  and he didn't do what they claimed. They then lied in court to escalate the charges. I know this is vague as I don't want to put the exact details of what happened on here, but it was the craziest thing I've ever seen. He ended up taking a plea deal against everyone's advice. There is 0% chance he would have gotten convicted at a trial. The sheriff's department sent out an investigator who also determined that what the  conservation officers claimed wasn't possible. As well as multiple witnesses that were going to testify in his defense. He couldn't sleep, had trouble focusing at work, kept having chest pains he was so stressed about it. Every time we all went to court, they'd ask to have it continued. This went on for months. His lawyer told him that it was probably going to go on for another year +. He told us all we didn't understand how bad it was stressing him out and he was going to take the plea deal and pay a fine to get it over with rather than spend another year tied up in court.

Those two lessons taught me to be very skeptical when they accuse someone.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 12:11:53 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
It's a deer. Who gives a flying fuck? They should be on the extinction list. Why we allow these things to wander into highways and destroy property is an enigma to me.
View Quote

Exactly. I’d love to see them and the little asshole “hunters” around here gone forever. MUH DEER WOODS!! Shut up, you bought 4 tons of corn, shot a spike and drove around for 3 weeks with empty corn bags blowing out of your brodozer.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 12:15:47 PM EDT
[#49]
He might be guilty OR he might be getting "Trumped", file dozens of charges and hope the jury will convict on one or two.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 12:18:05 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Poached?

No.

He just trespassed to go hunt it.

Charge that.

People get so butthurt about deer it's hilarious.

They all think they would have shot the big one if it weren't for someone else.
View Quote

Bullshit, he was absolutely poaching, and not the first time apparently.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top