User Panel

Red dots on pistols.. (Page 92 of 112)
Page / 112
Link Posted: 8/19/2023 10:05:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Missilegeek:

As a guy with a G21 avatar pic...

No relevant factory slide cut, no care. MOS is AIDS. Glock stock triggers are aids. Glock ergonomics were designed by Euro fags used to having dicks in their hands all day. Shield Arms had to teach them how to build a relevant magazine. The good Glocks are 87% modified. The best Glocks don't even use a  Glock frame.  

Sig, Springfield, P80, Palmetto and Taurus figured out how to make a factory gun with a relevant factory slide cut, relevant mags, and better trigger than Glock. Also better ergos. It's 2023, unfuck yourselves Glock.

View Quote
The MOS cut on the 43X/48 is the same RMSc cut that all those other brands you mentioned use.
Link Posted: 8/19/2023 10:09:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Serious RDS question,

what's the most gay plate mounting option: Glock MOS, Or rear dovetail plate mount?
Link Posted: 8/19/2023 10:20:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Serious RDS question,

what's the most gay plate mounting option: Glock MOS, Or rear dovetail plate mount?
View Quote

Glock.

Fuck that MOS idiocy, mostly because their plates suck ass. Glock has been making factory RMR, ACRO, 509T, DPP, and Shield footprint slides since last year, but they refuse to sell them on the commercial market. “Agency order only” faggotry. You can get 30 different flavors of G19, but you can’t order a G19 or G17 with the right optic cut from the factory. I don’t even think they’re selling them to distributors, haven’t seen any advertisements for them.

All I want is a factory G17 with an RMR cut without having to shell out an additional $200/6 weeks to have it milled/refinished. But that’s apparently too much to ask for.

The dovetail is a retrofit, for pistols that you can’t or won’t have milled. It has its place, goofy as it is.
Link Posted: 8/19/2023 10:23:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By November5:
The MOS cut on the 43X/48 is the same RMSc cut that all those other brands you mentioned use.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

No relevant factory slide cut, no care. MOS is AIDS. Glock stock triggers are aids. Glock ergonomics were designed by Euro fags used to having dicks in their hands all day. Shield Arms had to teach them how to build a relevant magazine. The good Glocks are 87% modified. The best Glocks don't even use a  Glock frame.  

Sig, Springfield, P80, Palmetto and Taurus figured out how to make a factory gun with a relevant factory slide cut, relevant mags, and better trigger than Glock. Also better ergos. It's 2023, unfuck yourselves Glock.

I did not know that and am a bit pleasantly surprised.

However, no removable rear pins? Still a gay and inferior design. Glock finds a way to fuck everything up.

Glocks are awesome, when their patent expires, and some American makes a good one with better: Frame, slide, trigger and magazine for 60% of the price.
Link Posted: 8/19/2023 10:28:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By rb889:

Glock.

Fuck that MOS idiocy, mostly because their plates suck ass. Glock has been making factory RMR, ACRO, 509T, DPP, and Shield footprint slides since last year, but they refuse to sell them on the commercial market. “Agency order only” faggotry. You can get 30 different flavors of G19, but you can’t order a G19 or G17 with the right optic cut from the factory. I don’t even think they’re selling them to distributors, haven’t seen any advertisements for them.

All I want is a factory G17 with an RMR cut without having to shell out an additional $200/6 weeks to have it milled/refinished. But that’s apparently too much to ask for.

The dovetail is a retrofit, for pistols that you can’t or won’t have milled. It has its place, goofy as it is.
View All Quotes
Serious RDS question,

Glock.

Monica.

Just buy the Palmetto and put a better trigger in it. Or P80 and whatever parts you want.

Glock frame is worst frame.
Link Posted: 8/19/2023 10:29:05 AM EDT
[#6]
I've seen a few Commanders with cracked frames.  I've also cracked the frame on a Springfield ultra compact.  Most people are never going to hit 20-30,000 rounds out of a single gun.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Pantexan:
Aluminum 1911s in .45 at least are notorious for not lasting very long, low five digits generally.  And that's with anodized aluminum.

Source ??
I've seen a few Commanders with cracked frames.  I've also cracked the frame on a Springfield ultra compact.  Most people are never going to hit 20-30,000 rounds out of a single gun.

I've seen Glock rails broken off with under 20k rounds as well
Link Posted: 8/19/2023 10:33:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Serious RDS question,

View Quote

Definitely the MOS. The dovetail plate is a good way for people to get a taste of RDS and making the best of what they have... The MOS is intentionally manufactured that way though... and I've never heard a good thing about it.
Link Posted: 8/19/2023 10:53:12 AM EDT
[#8]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By New2AR15s:
Chynason is back from the warranty

You may not like it, but this is what peak modern conceal carry looks like:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/576591/image_67223297_JPG-2924631.jpg

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/deOINby-52.gif

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/497583/20221108_214628-2595040.jpg

Ill agree that there are issues with Glocks but to me they are minor. I tried to like a lot of other small CCW guns

I also dont care much for MOS but my slide is milled and wears an RMR
Link Posted: 8/19/2023 12:36:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Serious RDS question,

View Quote

The responses to this question were not what I expected. I started with a dovetail adapter and that was bad enough it almost put me off red dots.

I'm not a Glock guy, so I had no idea the MOS was that bad.
Link Posted: 8/19/2023 2:06:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By BMSMB:

Definitely the MOS. The dovetail plate is a good way for people to get a taste of RDS and making the best of what they have... The MOS is intentionally manufactured that way though... and I've never heard a good thing about it.
View All Quotes
Serious RDS question,

Very good point. My first RDS gateway drug, was a rear dovetail. At the time I was very hesitant to even spend $42 for the plate. Now I'm happy to spend $200 for a slide cut, like a god damned junkie.
Link Posted: 8/19/2023 2:25:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By AK-12:

The locking notch is also plastic instead of metal.
View Quote

At the price I usually get them for, Glock mags are practically disposable.  If I wear one out every few years, it's still probably cheaper in the long run.  For now, it's all just musing, since Stealth Arms hasn't figured out the RMR cut, yet.

As for durability of an aluminum frame, I guess it is a little concerning.  I won't be using hot ammo with it, but I've easily got 20K through my Glock 17 and 34.  Most of my training is dry firing, these days, but I am still a little wary, since people keep bringing it up.
Link Posted: 8/19/2023 2:27:17 PM EDT
[#12]

Jeebus, is that RMR-cc wearing platform shoes?
Link Posted: 8/19/2023 2:35:22 PM EDT
[#13]

Monica.

Just buy the Palmetto and put a better trigger in it. Or P80 and whatever parts you want.

View All Quotes
Serious RDS question,

Glock.

Monica.

Of all the Glocks, Glock makes the worst Glock
Link Posted: 8/19/2023 3:56:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Croak:

View All Quotes

Not a CC just a regular RMR

Link Posted: 8/19/2023 4:56:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Redbirdxx:

The responses to this question were not what I expected. I started with a dovetail adapter and that was bad enough it almost put me off red dots.

I'm not a Glock guy, so I had no idea the MOS was that bad.
View Quote

I competed for a year and a half, maybe 2, with dovetail adapters. Only failure was from me bumping it while getting in/out of a side by side a bunch of times.
Link Posted: 8/19/2023 4:58:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AK-12] [#16]
Originally Posted By CDPhD:

At the price I usually get them for, Glock mags are practically disposable.  If I wear one out every few years, it's still probably cheaper in the long run.  For now, it's all just musing, since Stealth Arms hasn't figured out the RMR cut, yet.

As for durability of an aluminum frame, I guess it is a little concerning.  I won't be using hot ammo with it, but I've easily got 20K through my Glock 17 and 34.  Most of my training is dry firing, these days, but I am still a little wary, since people keep bringing it up.
View Quote

Glock magazines aren't appreciably cheaper than a CZ-75, Beretta 92, or any other conventionally constructed pistol magazine.

For whatever reason most of my favorite pistols tend to be aluminum framed. Durability hasn't been an issue.
Link Posted: 8/19/2023 6:14:48 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 8/19/2023 6:35:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Looks like another SRO lost some glass...
https://www.instagram.com/reel/CwJBd2_JlCS/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==
View Quote

20k rounds on it. Someone said trijicon replaced their buddies which failed similarly for free in a week.
Link Posted: 8/19/2023 6:41:28 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By UndrGrndPrdcts:

20k rounds on it. Someone said trijicon replaced their buddies which failed similarly for free in a week.
View Quote

It honestly doesn't make me think any less of the SRO...

I'll keep posting them up as long as people keep posting the holosun clip though.
Link Posted: 8/19/2023 6:48:30 PM EDT
[#20]

View All Quotes
Looks like another SRO lost some glass...
https://www.instagram.com/reel/CwJBd2_JlCS/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

I have an SRO and a 507K...

Ill let y'all know which one throws the lense first.
Link Posted: 8/19/2023 8:36:30 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 8/19/2023 8:38:09 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By RustedAce:
My daughter just won Cola Warrior Women's division.

She used a red dot on her pistol.
View Quote

But which one?
Link Posted: 8/19/2023 9:22:48 PM EDT
[#23]
Just found loose mounting screws, no idea how long they've been like that. Blue loctite and a fat wrench for torque has always been used, but I guess I need to check it more often.

I am ashame.
Link Posted: 8/19/2023 10:01:51 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By CouncilOfDave:
Just found loose mounting screws, no idea how long they've been like that. Blue loctite and a fat wrench for torque has always been used, but I guess I need to check it more often.

I am ashame.
View Quote

Witness marks help with that
Link Posted: 8/19/2023 10:27:52 PM EDT
[#25]

I am ashame.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/19/2023 11:31:59 PM EDT
[#26]

I am ashame.
View Quote

that's why you gotta index mark those screws
Link Posted: 8/19/2023 11:35:41 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 8/19/2023 11:36:18 PM EDT
[#28]

I am ashame.
View Quote

Blue Loc-tite usually isn't enough (DO NOT use red) but you need something designed to withstand more vibration and shock. I think there's a higher strength green loc-tite

Also a good idea to use alcohol on a Q-tip to clean out the threaded hole (and the threads on the screw) so there's no oils to prevent the thread locker from sealing.
Link Posted: 8/20/2023 12:04:27 AM EDT
[#29]
Long time lurker - finally made an account for this question.

Recently picked up an optic ready VP9. What’s a good tritium, suppressor height sights that can co-witness with the MPS?
Link Posted: 8/20/2023 12:23:54 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Hircine:

Recently picked up an optic ready VP9. What’s a good tritium, suppressor height sights that can co-witness with the MPS?
View Quote

The best BUIS are no iron sights. The MPS is reliable enough to be fine without them
Link Posted: 8/20/2023 12:40:56 AM EDT
[#31]

View Quote

You don't want tritium for back up sights. They are a distraction from the dot. Stick to blacked out sights for backup.
Link Posted: 8/20/2023 12:53:51 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Rudukai13:

View Quote

Originally Posted By hrt4me:

View Quote

Will do.

Originally Posted By F22_RaptoR:

Blue Loc-tite usually isn't enough (DO NOT use red) but you need something designed to withstand more vibration and shock. I think there's a higher strength green loc-tite

Also a good idea to use alcohol on a Q-tip to clean out the threaded hole (and the threads on the screw) so there's no oils to prevent the thread locker from sealing.
View Quote
Will also do. I only have blue and red on hand, so I'll check into it and pick up something more appropriate, and handle all of it before the next match.

I may have shot an informal steel match a few weeks ago like this, I'm not totally sure.
Link Posted: 8/20/2023 3:59:36 AM EDT
[#33]

Will do.

Will also do. I only have blue and red on hand, so I'll check into it and pick up something more appropriate, and handle all of it before the next match.

I may have shot an informal steel match a few weeks ago like this, I'm not totally sure.
View All Quotes

Will do.

I do fine with 222 (purple) but I make it a point to clean the ever-living shit out of the screws and the slide threads, use proper torque, witness mark the screws, and inspect the optic mount just like the rest of the handgun on a regular basis.  
Link Posted: 8/20/2023 4:19:02 AM EDT
[#34]

I do fine with 222 (purple) but I make it a point to clean the ever-living shit out of the screws and the slide threads, use proper torque, witness mark the screws, and inspect the optic mount just like the rest of the handgun on a regular basis.  
View All Quotes

Will do.

I don't really wanna fuck with heat if I need to remove it later. It will probably be fine with blue if I just stop being lazy, they hadn't been checked all year. All my fault.
Link Posted: 8/20/2023 4:23:09 AM EDT
[#35]
I don't really wanna fuck with heat if I need to remove it later. It will probably be fine with blue if I just stop being lazy, they hadn't been checked all year. All my fault.
View Quote
As already stated witness marks are a great way to quick check to make sure things are good! Just a little fine tip paint pen to make marks on the screw head and the red dot base. Should be able to use some alcohol to clean them off (and redo it) if you need to remove it to change the battery out.
Link Posted: 8/20/2023 8:57:48 AM EDT
[#36]

View Quote

Blacked-out is what you want.

Tritium is pointless if you have a red dot, let alone pointless without, but that's a different discussion.
Link Posted: 8/20/2023 9:41:47 AM EDT
[#37]

I competed for a year and a half, maybe 2, with dovetail adapters. Only failure was from me bumping it while getting in/out of a side by side a bunch of times.
View Quote

My main issue with the dovetail mount was how tall it ended up being. I had enough reps with iron sights that the high mounted RMR required modifying my presentation slightly, something I was hesitant to drill a bunch when irons were still my go to at that time. Getting a slide cut brought the RMR low enough that my presentation was "close enough", though I did find (as many do) that it needed a little work.
Link Posted: 8/20/2023 9:48:14 AM EDT
[#38]

View Quote

I put tritium sights on the first pistol I had cut for an RMR. In retrospect it was totally pointless, as in 8 years and thousands of rounds, I've never used them. Then I got night vision and really regretted putting them on there.
Link Posted: 8/20/2023 10:59:59 AM EDT
[#39]
View Quote

Purple is a weaker bond than blue or red.
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 3:12:40 PM EDT
[#40]
Serious RDS question,

View Quote

If using Glock plates, gay.

If using FCD plates, Elite status.
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 7:09:13 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By sierra-def:

View All Quotes
Serious RDS question,

Plates are always gay. They are super gay, if the slide is big enough to accommodate a direct mount.

So a Glock MOS with a quality plate, is just a super gay setup, with a good plate.

Adding extra parts and screws, because some Euro fags refuse to do and sell the right thing. GAY!
Link Posted: 8/24/2023 3:33:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Sierradyne] [#42]

Plates are always gay. They are super gay, if the slide is big enough to accommodate a direct mount.

So a Glock MOS with a quality plate, is just a super gay setup, with a good plate.

Adding extra parts and screws, because some Euro fags refuse to do and sell the right thing. GAY!
View All Quotes
Serious RDS question,

Sir, majority of slides are more narrow than the MRDS. That overhang is gay.

Now the FCD plates eliminate gay.

See, a FCD plate keep the gay overhang away.

Link Posted: 8/27/2023 10:02:17 PM EDT
[#43]

Those are basically the same height as a rear dovetail mount.
Link Posted: 8/28/2023 12:19:55 AM EDT
[#44]

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/reportedKlingon-344.gif

Those are basically the same height as a rear dovetail mount.
View Quote

Almost but not quite. Dovetail mount plates are gay.
Link Posted: 9/1/2023 10:56:37 AM EDT
[#45]
Nice reminder...

Go dryfire today!
Link Posted: 9/1/2023 4:28:34 PM EDT
[#46]
Nice reminder...

Go dryfire today!
View Quote

Its presentation Friday over here.
Link Posted: 9/1/2023 6:29:41 PM EDT
[#47]
Any of you guys with optics on your glocks have extra/takeoff stock Glock night sights? I’m looking for some for my g19.
Link Posted: 9/2/2023 10:12:50 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Tobysi:
Any of you guys with optics on your glocks have extra/takeoff stock Glock night sights? I’m looking for some for my g19.
View Quote

I have some off my g19.4 I can see if they still glow
Link Posted: 9/2/2023 11:48:20 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By BaconFat:

Woah, a thousand rounds....safe some ammo for the rest of us
Where's your WML.   You need that to maximize your insta-cred
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/2/2023 4:14:53 PM EDT
[#50]