Warning

 

Close
Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Cancel Confirm
AR15.COM

REST IN PEACE (Page 166 of 208)

Previous Page
/ 208
Next Page
12/6/2013 8:20:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Prayers of comfort and peace sent...Gotta go cry some more now.
The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' - Ronald Reagan
12/6/2013 8:24:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Quote History
Originally Posted By cayenne152:
I am sitting here with Jeff. Reading these posts to him.  He is resting and comfortable, no struggle. . Still a strong heart,  not ready for his angel wings yet.  Great caring staff at Community Hospice in Fort Worth.   I have known Jeff 22 years and he never met a stranger. Helped anyone.  Good heart.  Has a crazy gun side too  As good a man as all have said.   He will leave behind a wonderful courageous family that has been strengthened and supported by this family.  This site and all that has happened and continues here will live on forever in tribute and memory to such a Man.   Back to reading posts.
View Quote

                                                                              THANK YOU
Augustus McCrae; " By God, Woodrow; it's been one hell of a party "
12/6/2013 8:33:04 PM EDT
[#3]
I have no words, but Reta and Jeff, my prayers to you and yours.
12/6/2013 8:50:01 PM EDT
[#4]


Jeff, I don't know if this song will provide some small measure of comfort, but that is my sincerest intention.  

The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' - Ronald Reagan
12/6/2013 8:51:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Quote History
Originally Posted By cayenne152:
I am sitting here with Jeff. Reading these posts to him.  He is resting and comfortable, no struggle. . Still a strong heart,  not ready for his angel wings yet.  Great caring staff at Community Hospice in Fort Worth.   I have known Jeff 22 years and he never met a stranger. Helped anyone.  Good heart.  Has a crazy gun side too  As good a man as all have said.   He will leave behind a wonderful courageous family that has been strengthened and supported by this family.  This site and all that has happened and continues here will live on forever in tribute and memory to such a Man.   Back to reading posts.
View Quote



Thanks for this.
Ain't heard any fat ladies yet, so I'm still praying.
12/6/2013 8:58:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Quote History
Originally Posted By txpopgun:

                                                                              THANK YOU
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Originally Posted By txpopgun:
Originally Posted By cayenne152:
I am sitting here with Jeff. Reading these posts to him.  He is resting and comfortable, no struggle. . Still a strong heart,  not ready for his angel wings yet.  Great caring staff at Community Hospice in Fort Worth.   I have known Jeff 22 years and he never met a stranger. Helped anyone.  Good heart.  Has a crazy gun side too  As good a man as all have said.   He will leave behind a wonderful courageous family that has been strengthened and supported by this family.  This site and all that has happened and continues here will live on forever in tribute and memory to such a Man.   Back to reading posts.

                                                                              THANK YOU

Yes, thank you.
I have sat by the side of friends and others as they passed.
It is a great privilege and honor. Be strong, it will hit you later.
You as well are in my prayers.
"A Republic, if you can keep it!"-Benjamin Franklin, 1787
"Well, I guess we know where this is all headed now!"- USJET, 2012
12/6/2013 8:58:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Quote History
Originally Posted By I-M-A-WMD:
Father God in Heaven, forgive me of my sins.  Thank you dear Lord for this day and the blessings that I have received. Lord I humbly pray that your loving grace and blessings be upon Jeff, his family and all his friends in these dark hours.  For it is more than my mortal being can conquer;  I turn over my confusion, sadness, anger and regrets to our Savior Jesus Christ.  May Jeff walk beside Christ and if necessary, may Jesus in his mercy carry him to the Kingdom of our Creator.

I pray that we may all find peace and comfort knowing that the Lords will shall be done.

Godspeed Jeff!

Amen
View Quote


Amen
Proud Member of Team Ranstad
12/6/2013 9:11:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Quote History
Originally Posted By cayenne152:
I am sitting here with Jeff. Reading these posts to him.  He is resting and comfortable, no struggle. . Still a strong heart,  not ready for his angel wings yet.  Great caring staff at Community Hospice in Fort Worth.   I have known Jeff 22 years and he never met a stranger. Helped anyone.  Good heart.  Has a crazy gun side too  As good a man as all have said.   He will leave behind a wonderful courageous family that has been strengthened and supported by this family.  This site and all that has happened and continues here will live on forever in tribute and memory to such a Man.   Back to reading posts.
View Quote


Thank you for being there for him.

Jeff, know that you have a huge community who is going to help look after your family the rest of their lives. You have been blessed with such an awesome wife as well.

Godspeed.
12/6/2013 9:16:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Quote History
Originally Posted By cayenne152:
I am sitting here with Jeff. Reading these posts to him.  He is resting and comfortable, no struggle. . Still a strong heart,  not ready for his angel wings yet.  Great caring staff at Community Hospice in Fort Worth.   I have known Jeff 22 years and he never met a stranger. Helped anyone.  Good heart.  Has a crazy gun side too  As good a man as all have said.   He will leave behind a wonderful courageous family that has been strengthened and supported by this family.  This site and all that has happened and continues here will live on forever in tribute and memory to such a Man.   Back to reading posts.
View Quote


My sincere gratitude to you for being by Jeff's side in the stead of so many others who can not physically be there.  (Myself included) It brings me great comfort to know Jeff is not alone, which was the basis of this thread.  I'm also comforted that he is being well cared for by the staff and that you're sharing the words of encouragement, compassion, brotherhood and love that is posted to this thread.  Thanks so very much.

Rest easy Jeff.
"I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet retired spot and kill him." Mark Twain
12/6/2013 9:22:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Tell Jeff for me.. Tell him thank you. Thank you for being on this board, and for the wake up call he gave many of us. I've known time was precious since I lost my brother, but I needed a kick in the pants to remind me.. and Jeff was that kick.


He means a great deal to us. He really does.
Holy fuck, you out 13ed the rest of your class. -Schlange

Umm.. we are not slugging it out, I'm raping you like you were Macaulay Culkin and I'm hosting a party at the Neverland Ranch. - Mikhail_86
12/6/2013 9:36:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Quote History
Originally Posted By cayenne152:
I am sitting here with Jeff. Reading these posts to him.  He is resting and comfortable, no struggle. . Still a strong heart,  not ready for his angel wings yet.  Great caring staff at Community Hospice in Fort Worth.   I have known Jeff 22 years and he never met a stranger. Helped anyone.  Good heart.  Has a crazy gun side too  As good a man as all have said.   He will leave behind a wonderful courageous family that has been strengthened and supported by this family.  This site and all that has happened and continues here will live on forever in tribute and memory to such a Man.   Back to reading posts.
View Quote


Thanks for doing that.  All of us want so desperately to tell Jeff, that his life meant something, more than most considering the profound effect he has had on many of us here.  And to tell him that we will continue to keep watch over his family as best as we can from all over the globe, and try to help if it's needed.  And this -

Let not your hearts be troubled. Believe in God; believe also in me. In my Father’s house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, that where I am you may be also. And you know the way to where I am going.
John 14:1-4
12/6/2013 9:40:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Damn it. I wish there was something I could say. But, there's not. I'm so sick of this cancer shit ruining lives. Jeff made me think about the time that I could be cherishing, and how precious it was-like so many here. I just don't have anything to say. Reta and family: I'm so sorry it has turned this way. I just don't know what to say.
I’m sure a lot of people on their deathbed are going to lay there and think, “Man, I sure wish I had spent more time playing on my phone while life was going on around me.”
12/6/2013 9:46:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SgtKiwi][Edited] [#13]
One of my all time favorites...





Jeff,  Not that you need anyone to tell you...  But if you are ready to meet God, it is OK with us...  I promise you that we will continue to watch over Reta and the kids (as long as they let us)...  Reta, I mean that...  We are a huge community...  Jeff, be at peace Brother...  rest if you have to... I'll be expecting the hug on the other side of the gate from the poem...
Getting relationship advice from ARFCOM is like Ray Charles giving Stevie Wonder driving directions.
12/6/2013 9:48:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Quote History
Originally Posted By cayenne152:
I am sitting here with Jeff. Reading these posts to him.  He is resting and comfortable, no struggle. . Still a strong heart,  not ready for his angel wings yet.  Great caring staff at Community Hospice in Fort Worth.   I have known Jeff 22 years and he never met a stranger. Helped anyone.  Good heart.  Has a crazy gun side too  As good a man as all have said.   He will leave behind a wonderful courageous family that has been strengthened and supported by this family.  This site and all that has happened and continues here will live on forever in tribute and memory to such a Man.   Back to reading posts.
View Quote



Thank you.  It's been tough reading this thread lately.

Rest well, Jeff.
12/6/2013 9:53:36 PM EDT
[#15]
Let Jeff know that I will be tucking in two kids tonight whose lives have been positively and permanently impacted by this thread.  My wife and I are extremely busy and have the early-30's career bug.  This snapped me out of it.

Thanks, Jeff.

Official healthcare.gov code monkey.
12/6/2013 9:55:18 PM EDT
[#16]
Quote History
Originally Posted By XCRmonger:
Tell Jeff for me.. Tell him thank you. Thank you for being on this board, and for the wake up call he gave many of us. I've known time was precious since I lost my brother, but I needed a kick in the pants to remind me.. and Jeff was that kick.


He means a great deal to us. He really does.
View Quote


Yes, Jeff really means a lot.  I admire Jeff's story for the profound impact it has served on all of us here.
"I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet retired spot and kill him." Mark Twain
12/6/2013 10:02:50 PM EDT
[#17]


Thank you cayenne152 for being with Jeff when so many of us can't. I don't what to say but thank you Jeff, thank you for opening the eyes of so many members on this forum.

Prayers sent to you Jeff and Reta.

Godspeed
12/6/2013 10:08:14 PM EDT
[#18]
My heart hurts.
"Internet based attacks on your S.O. can backfire. Bigtime." ~ karma

"Honey there's a man outside in a penguin suit, sailor cap and a strange pinafore, he also has a rifle... " ~ Aimless
12/6/2013 10:12:38 PM EDT
[#19]
Quote History
Originally Posted By cayenne152:
I am sitting here with Jeff. Reading these posts to him.  He is resting and comfortable, no struggle. . Still a strong heart,  not ready for his angel wings yet.  Great caring staff at Community Hospice in Fort Worth.   I have known Jeff 22 years and he never met a stranger. Helped anyone.  Good heart.  Has a crazy gun side too  As good a man as all have said.   He will leave behind a wonderful courageous family that has been strengthened and supported by this family.  This site and all that has happened and continues here will live on forever in tribute and memory to such a Man.   Back to reading posts.
View Quote

THANK YOU. And thank you to Jeff for teaching us how to live.
12/6/2013 10:14:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Bed_Head][Edited] [#20]


Quote History
Originally Posted By Bed_Head:



My heart hurts.
View Quote
I sang this at my dad's funeral.  It still brings me comfort, and maybe Reta and the kids will be touched by it.  You are all in my prayers.  And thank you, Jeff.  Thank you for your courage, and for reminding us all what is important.





(direct link, in case the flash link doesn't work....)


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akABju29u5E






 
"Internet based attacks on your S.O. can backfire. Bigtime." ~ karma

"Honey there's a man outside in a penguin suit, sailor cap and a strange pinafore, he also has a rifle... " ~ Aimless
12/6/2013 10:16:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JunkyardLily][Edited] [#21]
Thank you very much to AR15 for all of the updates that have been posted on Jeff's condition.  I'm coming over from GLP, another forum Jeffry frequented.  He wrote his story here, beginning in April of this year: http://www.godlikeproductions.com/forum1/message2206863/pg1

We've been following along with him with his treatments, and the thread is still going strong.  Many of us rely on AR15 now for news, since Jeffry has taken a turn for the worse.  I am sorry if this breaks forum rules at all in posting the link, we just thought those of you who have been close to Jeff and following his condition may want to read. <3

Much love to Jeffry, Reta, family, and all of his friends, here.
<3
12/6/2013 10:17:28 PM EDT
[#22]
Rest easy my brother and Godspeed. I'm still praying for you.

Lay down my dear brother lay down and take your rest
Won't you lay your head down on your Saviour's breast
I love you oh but Jesus loves you best
goodnight goodnight
And I bid you goodnight goodnight goodnight Lord
And I bid you goodnight goodnight goodnight

Lay down my dear brother lay down and take your rest
Won't you lay your head down on your Saviour's breast
I love you oh but Jesus loves you best
And I bid you goodnight goodnight goodnight Lord

And in the morning bright early and soon
goodnight goodnight
Lord I go walking in the valley of the shadow of Death
goodnight goodnight
There's rod and staff shall comfort me
goodnight goodnight
Goodness and mercy shall follow me
goodnight goodnight
John the Wise said I saw the sign
goodnight goodnight
John said I saw the noble Lord's sign
goodnight goodnight
A for an Ark the wonderful boat
goodnight goodnight
She builded on the land getting water to float her
goodnight goodnight
Now it's B for the Beast at ending of the world
goodnight goodnight
Eat all the children that would not be good
goodnight goodnight
Remember right well remember right well
goodnight goodnight
I want to walk in Jerusalem just like John

Lay down my dear brother lay down and take your rest
Won't you lay your head down on your Saviour's breast
I love you oh but Jesus loves you best
goodnight goodnight
And I bid you goodnight goodnight goodnight Lord
And I bid you goodnight goodnight goodnight
12/6/2013 10:19:55 PM EDT
[#23]
Cayenne-
Tell Jeff I say hello.

Tell him I think he's an extraordinary man, and someone that impacted me to a degree that I'm honored by.

I commend him for being courageous.

Tell him I found resolve to be a better man because of how he opened up, let all of his feelings run, and how there is a legacy we get to share in because of his gut level honesty.

Tell Jeff I've learned to value time with my loved ones, and to share life in greater amounts because of his wisdom.

Tell him I wish I could have bought him a prime porterhouse over at Malone's and enjoyed a glass of 23yr Pappy Van Winkle while talking about M1As, gun projects, and life as we get to enjoy it.

Tell Jeff I will call him a friend, and that I'm sorry that he and his family are going through this.

Godspeed Jeff.
RIP John Noveske. You are missed.

AR-15 Armorer Instructor.
12/6/2013 10:22:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: presto99][Edited] [#24]
Jeff, I haven't posted here before, but like many others I have been praying for you and your family. I want to thank you and Reta for your amazing poise in this struggle. Thanks for touching so many lives, mine included.
God bless all of you and keep you. May His face shine upon you and give you His peace. Amen.
Jeff
كافر
12/6/2013 10:25:57 PM EDT
[#25]
When my girlfriend's mother was dying of cancer I had the blessing of sitting with her for a while while my friend took a much needed break.  My friend had a boom box in her mother's room playing melancholy music.  I sat and listened for a while and then started fidgeting with the radio.  I found a station which was playing UB40 and my friend's mother sat up and smiled.  While the songs shown here can not help but reflect the sadness we all share over Jeff's struggles, I think it is important to celebrate not just this man's life but the joy in our faith that he will soon be with Christ (hopefully not too soon though!)



In memory of Kathleen Davis, my bestfriend's mother I give you UB40.  I hope it brings a smile to many faces.




"Elephant copulation lasts only 20 seconds. This should make a lot of men feel better. " A.J. Jacobs
12/6/2013 10:30:25 PM EDT
[#26]
Quote History
Originally Posted By JunkyardLily:
Thank you very much to AR15 for all of the updates that have been posted on Jeff's condition.  I'm coming over from GLP, another forum Jeffry frequented.  He wrote his story here, beginning in April of this year: http://www.godlikeproductions.com/forum1/message2206863/pg1

We've been following along with him with his treatments, and the thread is still going strong.  Many of us rely on AR15 now for news, since Jeffry has taken a turn for the worse.  I am sorry if this breaks forum rules at all in posting the link, we just thought those of you who have been close to Jeff and following his condition may want to read. <3

Much love to Jeffry, Reta, family, and all of his friends, here.
<3
View Quote


Thanks for posting and welcome to Arfcom.
"I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet retired spot and kill him." Mark Twain
12/6/2013 10:31:24 PM EDT
[#27]
Godspeed, friend.
You have inspired so many and will continue to do so for so very long.

Thanks,
Lee
"I suppose it is tempting, if the only tool you have is a hammer, to treat everything as if it were a nail." -Abraham Maslow
12/6/2013 10:35:39 PM EDT
[#28]
Quote History
Originally Posted By I-M-A-WMD:


Thanks for posting and welcome to Arfcom.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Originally Posted By I-M-A-WMD:
Originally Posted By JunkyardLily:
Thank you very much to AR15 for all of the updates that have been posted on Jeff's condition.  I'm coming over from GLP, another forum Jeffry frequented.  He wrote his story here, beginning in April of this year: http://www.godlikeproductions.com/forum1/message2206863/pg1

We've been following along with him with his treatments, and the thread is still going strong.  Many of us rely on AR15 now for news, since Jeffry has taken a turn for the worse.  I am sorry if this breaks forum rules at all in posting the link, we just thought those of you who have been close to Jeff and following his condition may want to read. <3

Much love to Jeffry, Reta, family, and all of his friends, here.
<3


Thanks for posting and welcome to Arfcom.


Thank you so much I-M-A-WMD.  We miss Jeffry!    It's been hard for a lot of us to hold it together, glad to be part of the supportive community that is here, for him.
12/6/2013 10:43:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BlackRifle76][Edited] [#29]
Jeff,














I like to share some of the word of God with you.
















I hope somebody will read this to you.  
















I've been praying for miraculous healing for you and strength for your family. Us men cannot fathom the ways and mind of God the almighty creator of the Universe. He is beyond human comprehension. (Isaiah 55:8) For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord.















But he has given us his Son and his word to help us.














Jesus said: (John 14:1-3) "Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also."















(Joshua 1:9) Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.















A conversation Jesus had with Martha, sister to Lazarus who Christ raised from the dead, always touches my heart. So I'd like to share this one with you, I'm sure you've heard or read it. Personally, I never tire of reading it.

























(John 11)Then Martha, as soon as she heard that Jesus was coming, went and met him: but Mary sat still in the house. Then said Martha unto Jesus, Lord, if thou hadst been here, my brother had not died. But I know, that even now, whatsoever thou wilt ask of God, God will give it thee.












Jesus saith unto her, Thy brother shall rise again. Martha saith unto him, I know that he shall rise again in the resurrection at the last day. Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?












She saith unto him, Yea, Lord: I believe that thou art the Christ, the Son of God, which should come into the world. And when she had so said, she went her way, and called Mary her sister secretly, saying, The Master is come, and calleth for thee. As soon as she heard that, she arose quickly, and came unto him.












Now Jesus was not yet come into the town, but was in that place where Martha met him. The Jews then which were with her in the house, and comforted her, when they saw Mary, that she rose up hastily and went out, followed her, saying, She goeth unto the grave to weep there.












Then when Mary was come where Jesus was, and saw him, she fell down at his feet, saying unto him, Lord, if thou hadst been here, my brother had not died. When Jesus therefore saw her weeping, and the Jews also weeping which came with her, he groaned in the spirit, and was troubled. And said, Where have ye laid him? They said unto him, Lord, come and see.












Jesus wept.












Then said the Jews, Behold how he loved him! And some of them said, Could not this man, which opened the eyes of the blind, have caused that even this man should not have died?












Jesus therefore again groaning in himself cometh to the grave. It was a cave, and a stone lay upon it. Jesus said, Take ye away the stone. Martha, the sister of him that was dead, saith unto him, Lord, by this time he stinketh: for he hath been dead four days. Jesus saith unto her, Said I not unto thee, that, if thou wouldest believe, thou shouldest see the glory of God? Then they took away the stone from the place where the dead was laid. And Jesus lifted up his eyes, and said, Father, I thank thee that thou hast heard me.












And I knew that thou hearest me always: but because of the people which stand by I said it, that they may believe that thou hast sent me.












And when he thus had spoken, he cried with a loud voice, Lazarus, come forth. And he that was dead came forth, bound hand and foot with graveclothes: and his face was bound about with a napkin. Jesus saith unto them, Loose him, and let him go.




















You are going to be alright Jeff no matter what happens. Keep your faith in the Lord.












 
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free
State, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be
infringed.
12/6/2013 10:52:41 PM EDT
[#30]
Quote History
Originally Posted By SgtKiwi:
One of my all time favorites...

http://youtu.be/oOCJAVlESEo



Jeff,  Not that you need anyone to tell you...  But if you are ready to meet God, it is OK with us...  I promise you that we will continue to watch over Reta and the kids (as long as they let us)...  Reta, I mean that...  We are a huge community...  Jeff, be at peace Brother...  rest if you have to... I'll be expecting the hug on the other side of the gate from the poem...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Originally Posted By SgtKiwi:
One of my all time favorites...

http://youtu.be/oOCJAVlESEo



Jeff,  Not that you need anyone to tell you...  But if you are ready to meet God, it is OK with us...  I promise you that we will continue to watch over Reta and the kids (as long as they let us)...  Reta, I mean that...  We are a huge community...  Jeff, be at peace Brother...  rest if you have to... I'll be expecting the hug on the other side of the gate from the poem...



ETA:  took me an hour to find it, but this is what I mean...  I expect to meet you at the gate... You better be there.

If it should happen
If God calls my name
Remember my friends
Not to throw blame
For in my life
The love I have known
To each of my friends
In some way has shown
Through me you have learned
The small things most miss
Time with your wife
Or your child's gentle kiss
Your son by your side
With a hook in the water
Or a short hunting trip
With your young daughter
You see, it's not about
Your years on the Earth
It's more how you spend them
That in the end shows your worth
So carry on in life
With new hope instilled
For I now have peace
My mission fulfilled
I taught so many
Over so few of days
What life is about
In so many ways
So, again if God calls
And no longer can wait
A hug for you all
Still waits past the gate

Getting relationship advice from ARFCOM is like Ray Charles giving Stevie Wonder driving directions.
12/6/2013 10:55:49 PM EDT
[#31]
May God be with you
Whoever wishes to foresee the future must consult the Past

Arf call sign "Fortune"
12/6/2013 11:03:05 PM EDT
[#32]
Quote History
Originally Posted By cayenne152:
I am sitting here with Jeff. Reading these posts to him.  He is resting and comfortable, no struggle. . Still a strong heart,  not ready for his angel wings yet.  Great caring staff at Community Hospice in Fort Worth.   I have known Jeff 22 years and he never met a stranger. Helped anyone.  Good heart.  Has a crazy gun side too  As good a man as all have said.   He will leave behind a wonderful courageous family that has been strengthened and supported by this family.  This site and all that has happened and continues here will live on forever in tribute and memory to such a Man.   Back to reading posts.
View Quote


Jeff I will carry you and your journey with me for all of my days. Thank you for allowing me to share in your journey home. See you in the light
12/6/2013 11:05:06 PM EDT
[#33]
The FAC's turned me on to this.
I hope there is comfort in it for you all too......

One More Roll

We toast our hearty comrades who have fallen from the skies, and were gently caught by God's own hand to be with him on High.

To dwell among the soaring clouds they've known so well before. From victory roll to tail chase, at heaven's very door.

As we fly among them there, we're sure to head their plea. To take care my friend, watch your six, and do one more roll for me.

— Commander Jerry Coffee, Hanoi, 1968.

God speed
12/6/2013 11:09:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LarryLove][Edited] [#34]
Time to repost the map: https://www.zeemaps.com/map?group=732434

Jeff, prayers for your recovery, and for your family's comfort.
12/6/2013 11:10:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Leisure_Shoot][Edited] [#35]
I don't know if this fits, but it has made me think every time I hear it, about God being there for us, always waiting.



I am not terribly religious, but I hope this is true, and I hope this brings you and your family some peace.

 
Fuck Obama. *

*Just covering myself, in case I forgot to post it in my reply
12/6/2013 11:17:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Octopus5alive][Edited] [#36]


This is one of my favorite songs, and my favorite version of it.  May the Lord free you from the prison of cancer and set you free, in this life or the next one!
12/6/2013 11:24:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: p2tharizo][Edited] [#37]
I’m sure a lot of people on their deathbed are going to lay there and think, “Man, I sure wish I had spent more time playing on my phone while life was going on around me.”
12/6/2013 11:46:25 PM EDT
[#38]
I ran across this stock today with the following post, and have no idea if it works.  All experimental, but it's worth a call. Probably a lot of hype in the below writing




Beaumont Hospital, Royal Oak is the third hospital in the world to use a new microwave ablation system to treat cancer.





Michael Savin, M.D., interventional radiologist, performed Beaumont’s
first two minimally invasive procedures using the MicroThermX Microwave
Ablation System.





Following the procedure, patients usually go home the next day.





"This is a promising, new technology to treat liver cancer,” explains
Dr. Savin. "It’s good to have one more tool in our treatment toolbox.
MicroThermX has many advantages- quick set up, ease of use and possibly
less side effects. It may prove to be the best option for treating
large, inoperable liver and lung tumors more predictably.”





The new ablation system kills cancer cells with microwaves. Other
ablation treatments use lasers, radiofrequency energy, freezing gas or
electricity to burn, freeze or otherwise kill the cancer tissue. These
image-guided therapies usually require little time in the hospital.
According to Dr. Savin, patients undergoing microwave ablation can
usually go home the following day and in some cases, the same day.





The procedure is done under general anesthesia or sedation. Guided by
ultrasound or CT images, the physician places a needle applicator into
the tumor. Depending on the size of the tumor, the microwave energy
usually destroys the cancer in 10 to 15 minutes. Patients may experience
less pain afterwards.





The U.S. Food and Drug Administration has cleared the MicroTherm X, made
by BSD Medical Corporation, for ablation of soft tissue.





For more information on microwave ablation treatments call 248-898-4028
View Quote





"We will always remember. We will always be proud. We will always be prepared so we may always be free." Ronald Reagan 1984
12/6/2013 11:49:50 PM EDT
[#39]
Jeff and Reta, I wish I had something profound to say, but I'm not really good with putting feelings into words. I have checked into this thread a couple times a week since it's beginning.  More so these last few weeks.  

I've read some very thoughtful, insightful, and moving posts.  You have brought a out a different side of Arfcom GD.  You have moved many, me included,  to take a good hard look at their lives,  to re-think their priorities.  I am a faithful Christian, but there is too great a distance between me and God and you have led me to want to close that gap and walk closer with Him.

Reta, when I read your posts telling us about Jeff's setback and about talking with Travis, I cried.  I pray for you and your family, that God gives you continued strength, courage and protection.  I will not stop praying for healing.

I hope you will continue to be a part of Arfcom.  I am sure we would all love to hear from you.  I'm willing to bet that wherever you happen to travel in this country, someone from this site will be near if you need them.

God Bless and keep you all.
Mike
12/6/2013 11:51:27 PM EDT
[#40]
Hang in there FW family. You'll get through it.

Jeff, I hope you will find peace through this.

Thank you for sharing your struggle and allowing us to live with you through it, even if just in our hearts.
12/6/2013 11:55:24 PM EDT
[#41]
Quote History
Originally Posted By txpopgun:

                                                                                                                                                                                                  as we go about our day let us all keep the REEDS in our thoughts and prayers.  ps, and each other
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Originally Posted By txpopgun:
Originally Posted By I-M-A-WMD:
Originally Posted By txpopgun:









                                                                                                                                                                                                  as we go about our day let us all keep the REEDS in our thoughts and prayers.  ps, and each other

Augustus McCrae; " By God, Woodrow; it's been one hell of a party "
12/7/2013 12:42:55 AM EDT
[#42]
My father was taken from me because of leukemia. My step dad was taken because of melanoma. The love of my life was taken from me because of pancreatic cancer. I had given up after all that. Didn't really care and damn near destroyed my life and career.  Jeff & Reta you punched me in the head and made me realize that the will to fight is what defines us. Thank you Jeff and Reta!  I owe you both more than you will ever know.
Per NorCal, Nickname: Snowman????
12/7/2013 12:49:01 AM EDT
[#43]
Jeff,

I have been following since the first day you posted.  You have inspired many of us and continue to do so. II have lost several friends to cancer over the years.  The most recent was last month.  My mother is currently fighting her 4th bout with cancer.  Her strength and her strenght inspire me daily.  Your story has restored my faith which had been fading as of late.  You have allowed me to appreciate life and all it has to offer.  

You and your family will continue to be in my prayers.

I humbly thank you and the Lord for allowing me to know you and share in your struggle.
12/7/2013 1:02:15 AM EDT
[#44]
Prayers and Peace sent to you tonight.
Life is short and death is long.
And the drive for self-destruction is so very, very strong!
12/7/2013 1:22:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Renn][Edited] [#45]
Jeff,
I stumbled across this thread and hope that you are doing better brother. I was in the hospital for liver and kidney failure over a year ago when I was supposed to deploy to Afghanistan (my third). I was scared of what was uncertain. But I know that the Lord has plans - of which I still don't know. I didn't drink nor smoke or have any habits besides eating that would've have accelerated organ failure. Docs couldn't explain it. Hang in there.

Warmest Aloha,
RC
12/7/2013 1:37:44 AM EDT
[#46]
Quote History
Originally Posted By Repairman_Jack:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_M65lcDk6o

Jeff, I don't know if this song will provide some small measure of comfort, but that is my sincerest intention.  

View Quote


Interesting. O Brother, Where Art Thou was one of his favorite movies. That, and anything Clint Eastwood, John Wayne, war movie...
12/7/2013 1:51:18 AM EDT
[#47]
On Another's Sorrow


Can I see another's woe,
And not be in sorrow too?
Can I see another's grief,
And not seek for kind relief?

Can I see a falling tear,
And not feel my sorrow's share?
Can a father see his child
Weep, nor be with sorrow filled?

Can a mother sit and hear
An infant groan, an infant fear?
No, no! never can it be!
Never, never can it be!
And can He who smiles on all
Hear the wren with sorrows small,
Hear the small bird's grief and care,
Hear the woes that infants bear --

And not sit beside the next,
Pouring pity in their breast,
And not sit the cradle near,
Weeping tear on infant's tear?

And not sit both night and day,
Wiping all our tears away?
Oh no! never can it be!
Never, never can it be!
He doth give his joy to all:
He becomes an infant small,
He becomes a man of woe,
He doth feel the sorrow too.

Think not thou canst sigh a sigh,
And thy Maker is not by:
Think not thou canst weep a tear,
And thy Maker is not near.

Oh He gives to us his joy,
That our grief He may destroy:
Till our grief is fled an gone
He doth sit by us and moan.


-William Blake, 1789
I am a Master of three martial arts including ninjitsu, which means I can wear the special boots to climb walls.

-Famous mall ninja, Gecko 45
12/7/2013 2:16:28 AM EDT
[#48]
Peace and strength to you and your family Jeff.
Ignorance leads to statistics, and statistics lead to more laws.-Me
12/7/2013 2:28:30 AM EDT
[#49]
I have not checked in for a couple weeks, I assumed things were better and was praying and hoping. I'm at a loss for words.
Jeff, you brought all of us bickering assholes together and showed us that there is common ground within our community here.
You showed us that there is something bigger than our petty and not so petty differences. Thank you.
I sure hope the Lord does wipe away the tears of sorrow. I will keep your family in my prayers. We will dearly
miss you.
12/7/2013 2:56:17 AM EDT
[#50]
Thankyou Jeff, you made mea better father by coming into my life via ARFCOM.


May God bless you and receive you in His arms.
R.I.P. Curtis Eccleston, Feb 6 2011
Proud Member Of Team Ranstad

Sign up to continue the discussion

Create a free account to share your thoughts, follow topics, and connect with the AR15.COM community.

Already a member? Sign In

Previous Page
/ 208
Next Page

REST IN PEACE (Page 166 of 208)