Warning

 

Close
Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Cancel Confirm
AR15.COM

REST IN PEACE (Page 167 of 208)

Previous Page
/ 208
Next Page
12/7/2013 4:09:44 AM EDT
[#1]
This is a fun song, not sad, and has a wonderful message:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMtL_kqUxN4



God Bless you, Jeff, and God Bless your family during this time.
XCRmonger on GD: "I comfort myself with the knowledge that for every one vicious little twat, there are two good ones."
12/7/2013 7:03:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Sorry
Go to YouTube and search. "Clouds at mall of America"
Song written by a local kid wi recently passed from cancer
Will try to figure out a link but am on cell trying to do this
12/7/2013 7:04:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Sorry
Go to YouTube and search. "Clouds at mall of America"
Song written by a local kid wi recently passed from cancer
Will try to figure out a link but am on cell trying to do this
12/7/2013 7:05:15 AM EDT
[#4]
I have not checked in on this thread in about a week.
I am saddened by Jeff's condition.
Jeff I wish you Godspeed and may you be in comfort. You have been an inspiration to me and many others. I will keep my pledge that you inspired me to make.
Rita I wish you and your family the best.
REMBER that we are here for you and your family and our reaching out was through our kindness and caring for Jeff and his Family.
So if you need a shoulder  to cry on or words of comfort just ask.
12/7/2013 7:28:32 AM EDT
[#5]
This sentence is taken from an article John Piper wrote about Ronnie Smith, the American teacher who was killed in Libya:

If I thought death were the worst thing that can happen to a person, I would be overwhelmed with regret.
View Quote


There is a profound truth in those few words.  Death is not the end.  Because of a face-to-face encounter with the risen Jesus, the Disciples lost any fear of death.  

Previously it had been something of a mystery, the great unknown.  Now they knew, now they understood.  It is a door that we all step through, not the end.

This physical body is not who we are.  Our soul is eternal, and this body is just the vehicle it uses to get around on this earth, similar to how you use a car to get from point A to point B.  One day the body wears out.  It comes to all of us, but we still go on after that point.

I pray that all of you find comfort in those words.  We have confidence in a hope that does not disappoint.
"I yelled "HEY!! W.T.F!!!?? as I pointed my M-OU812 urban ass-salt axe handle menacingly at him, just daring him to come take my gummy bears!"
12/7/2013 7:59:35 AM EDT
[#6]
God bless you
12/7/2013 8:30:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Morning prayers from NC.

Award: Hľa, je hovno postrek stroj. 24/365

Award: Most likely to sell his dignity for $73 24/365

Maximum individual freedom/maximum individual responsibility.
12/7/2013 8:46:29 AM EDT
[#8]
Quote History
Originally Posted By alphajaguars:
Morning prayers from NC.

http://youtu.be/DXDGE_lRI0E
View Quote


The same from MD. I've been following this thread from the beginning and haven't posted anything because I felt I had little, if any, to add to all of the unbelievable things that have already been written. The people of ARFCOM have shown their true character with the help of Jeff and Rita, and it's been a beautiful thing to witness.

Jeff and Rita - you are in my prayers. Stay strong, stay faithful, and fight this damn disease to the very end. Just know that all of us are behind you.
12/7/2013 9:00:29 AM EDT
[#9]
It's 33 deg in Se TX, we have conquered the hordes of mosquitoes for this year.  I've been away and hadn't seen that Jeff was now over at hospice.  I hope you have the same kind of hospice workers I've encountered over the years.  This morning I'm praying that God grants Jeff another day on Earth with his wife and son.  Tomorrow, I'll do the same.

 
"As repressed sadists are supposed to become policemen or butchers so those with irrational fear of life become publishers."
-Cyril Connolly
12/7/2013 9:38:23 AM EDT
[#10]
Praying for you Jeff and Reta. May God shower you with his love, grant you courage and understanding and not hold these times with anguish or regret but see love, compassion, fellowship, peace, and community.
Hang in there Reed family.
-Proud Member of Team Ranstad-
No, Mister Smartypants, you're wrong. I took a solemn oath to use their awesome power, never for evil, but only for the good of mankind.

Jane
12/7/2013 9:49:36 AM EDT
[#11]
God bless.
"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every
form of tyranny over the mind of man." --Thomas Jefferson
12/7/2013 9:54:53 AM EDT
[#12]
Quote History
Originally Posted By oldbones:
Can anyone closer to the family tell me what firearms Travis will have to learn with?  I know there's an M1A in the house now, and I'm sure there's more, just wanting to make sure there's age appropriate things for him to learn with.


For instance...  A young man his age should DEFINITELY own a .22 rifle or two, like a 10-22 and/or M&P 15-22.  Oh, and Mom should for sure own a .22lr pistol that he can learn with as well.


Anyone interested in helping me to make sure that is the case?  Shoot me a PM, I'm pretty sure we can find a way.  (In other words, I'm in for some cash, and willing to do the legwork as well.  I have access to a FFL who can help with transfers.)
View Quote


I've got an old savage bolt action 22 I'd donate.  It probably has less than 1000 rounds through it. Heck, maybe under 500.  I bought in 96, I think, and we've fired it two, maybe three times.  I've got maybe 800rds to go with it, which i guess is as rare as dodo eggs right now.
This is Arfcom GD. The type of loving you want, you don't get. The type of loving you get, you don't want. -Booze
12/7/2013 9:55:11 AM EDT
[Last Edit: I-M-A-WMD][Edited] [#13]
Quote History
Originally Posted By txpopgun:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Originally Posted By txpopgun:
Originally Posted By txpopgun:
Originally Posted By I-M-A-WMD:
Originally Posted By txpopgun:









                                                                                                                                                                                                  as we go about our day let us all keep the REEDS in our thoughts and prayers.  ps, and each other



"I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet retired spot and kill him." Mark Twain
12/7/2013 10:03:43 AM EDT
[#14]
Morning Prayers from Minnesota
<font size=3>IYAOYAS</font id=s3>
12/7/2013 10:54:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: bigbad401][Edited] [#15]
clouds

Sing Zach Sobiech's 'Clouds' at MOA .
12/7/2013 10:56:30 AM EDT
[#16]
Morning prayers from Colorado.
GOOD QUESTION!!!
12/7/2013 11:00:30 AM EDT
[#17]
Like others, I had not checked on this thread in a week or so. It broke my heart to read that the tumor was bigger and breaking the news to the son. My oldest was up with me and hugged me when he saw how much it was bothering me. He wishes there was more that could be done, he said he could only imagine how hard this is for your family. I am at a loss for words to say, except your family is in my thoughts and prayers.

B/c of this thread I looked into being a bone marrow donor and I can not due to pelvic bone injuries from a car accident. I wish they would let me. I know it will hurt but if it could help ONE person, I would gladly pay that price.
12/7/2013 11:07:58 AM EDT
[#18]
Morning prayers brother.
Just put it on the cracker and don't look at me when I eat it. - RabidMonkeyPox
I will not die in the night, but in the light of the sun with the ashes of this world in my lungs. H.U.
NRA SAF NYSRPA
12/7/2013 11:21:41 AM EDT
[#19]
Morning prayers from west Texas.
"What an arrogant megalomaniac. I can't believe anyone would support or elect this butt puppet."
Givtu
12/7/2013 11:26:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Mauser1][Edited] [#20]
A  smile from God for Jeff and Rita.
12/7/2013 12:02:39 PM EDT
[#21]
Good morning ARFCOM.  Jeff is continuing to rest, maybe he is enjoying listening to all of this. Just read the following post to him from a while back. Sorry copy and paste is easiest on the phone without credit to original poster.  But needed re post.  Continued prayers for Jeff.

Repost :
Almost 2 years ago after being diagnosed with melanoma on my right temple, with the probability that it had mestastasized, I went to team and asked for prayer.
In no time prayers were being given all over the country.
After surgery and 6 months of tests and procedures I am clean.
There was victory in prayer.

Then this year, after 18 hours in the hospital with my wife close to death, I went home to get some rest, and in utter desperation again posted to team asking for prayer.
Four days later she was home. Now fully recovered and I have a hard time keeping up with her.
There was victory in prayer.

Tonight I found out my friend Mike has passed after 10 years battling cancer . He was given less than a year to live almost 10 years ago. He had told me then of his plan to go out on his own- suicide. It never happened- in the end, his faith and belief helped him ride this horse right into the ground .
We had spent years as friends- rode thousands of miles on our bikes, camping, sharing laughter and tears.
The last 3 years have been horrific.
He is free now, and in that there is victory.

And now Jeff, Reta and family.
Reaching out simply for prayer, Jeff got that and so much more. His simple request has ignited faith, love, understanding and renewal. Friendship as well.
In the midst of his terrible battle he was given another task- bringing all these things and more to hundreds around the world.
And regardless of outcome, there is victory.


Lord, we come to you now, asking that not which we want, but praying that thy will be done. We commend into your hands Jeff, Reta and family. We don 't know what the day will bring but pray we will see your hand on all of it.
We ask also for peace and understanding for all touched by you through Jeff and family, that the lessons learned, the faith and love renewed and ignited during this time will not be forgotten, that it will grow and prosper.
Through your son Jeff, many have taken up your sword, put on your armor. And so, Lord, we pray
For victory.
Amen
12/7/2013 12:07:50 PM EDT
[#22]
Just wanted to say hello again and let you know you and your family are still in my thoughts.

Keep fighting buddy, if your still breathing you still have some fight left in you. Never give up.

If you or your family need anything, please feel free to PM me.

~ZW17

Why do you own a fire extinguisher when you have the fire department to protect you???
Elected officials should wear uniforms like NASCAR drivers so we could identify their corporate sponsors.
12/7/2013 12:10:57 PM EDT
[#23]
To Victory.
"I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet retired spot and kill him." Mark Twain
12/7/2013 12:10:59 PM EDT
[#24]
A good friend of mine lost his Dad to cancer years ago.

While his Dad was still fighting, they were at church, and the Pastor asked every body to pray for his recovery.

After the prayer, he got up, and went to the front.  He thanked everyone for their prayers, but asked that they don't waste any more on him.  He said to pray for those lost souls who don't know Jesus as he did.  He said that Jesus had already answered their prayers for healing him.  

He just wasn't sure which side of Heaven that healing would happen on.  But that it was going to happen.
Award: Hľa, je hovno postrek stroj. 24/365

Award: Most likely to sell his dignity for $73 24/365

Maximum individual freedom/maximum individual responsibility.
12/7/2013 12:11:24 PM EDT
[#25]
Good morning from the Pacific Northwest.

A morning prayer for the Reed family.

Rest easy,
12/7/2013 12:12:22 PM EDT
[#26]
Dusty.

Good morning Jeff.
The ARFCOM family has you and the fam in our thoughts and prayers.

I seem to be praying more than usual these days. Thanks for waking up my talks with God a bit.
While He's on the line, I'll ask him to keep you from hurting today
12/7/2013 12:57:35 PM EDT
[#27]
Good day Jeff & family,  Praying this finds you full of peace and comfort.  
12/7/2013 1:19:39 PM EDT
[#28]
Quote History
Originally Posted By columbia10:


Jeff and Rita - you are in my prayers. Stay strong, stay faithful, and fight this damn disease to the very end. Just know that all of us are behind you.
View Quote


This.  It ain't over 'til it's over, and it's not over yet.
"I yelled "HEY!! W.T.F!!!?? as I pointed my M-OU812 urban ass-salt axe handle menacingly at him, just daring him to come take my gummy bears!"
12/7/2013 1:25:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: I-M-A-WMD][Edited] [#29]
Quote History
Originally Posted By alphajaguars:
A good friend of mine lost his Dad to cancer years ago.

While his Dad was still fighting, they were at church, and the Pastor asked every body to pray for his recovery.

After the prayer, he got up, and went to the front.  He thanked everyone for their prayers, but asked that they don't waste any more on him.  He said to pray for those lost souls who don't know Jesus as he did.  He said that Jesus had already answered their prayers for healing him.  

He just wasn't sure which side of Heaven that healing would happen on.  But that it was going to happen.
View Quote


Faith.  Your buddy's father sure had a heap of it.  Thank you for sharing.
"I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet retired spot and kill him." Mark Twain
12/7/2013 1:37:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Lieh-tzu][Edited] [#30]
I've been a lurker on ARFCOM for a year. Been keeping up with this thread from the beginning, placed a pin on my area of operations in central Wisconsin. I finally registered at the forum solely due to this post. For the sake of this one reply, I'll always be a 13'er. This is the toughest thing to read, and words are insufficient to reply in any way.

For Jeff & Reta, and family. One never dies, who lives in the hearts of others. Jeff will live on, 'til his children take their last breath

While I cannot speak to Jeff, see him, or shake his hand, Jeff, I care for you and feel for you. My spirit is with you, though I can't come to you or do much for you.

Reta, you are a strong mother and a blessing to your family. If you are ever in the neighborhood, I'd be glad to meet you.

I'm sorry I have nothing to offer but prayers and best wishes. It's such a hollow offering in such a trying time, but just know that you have the support of so many, including myself. I wish God's peace and blessings on you and your family.

ETA - this is the post that brought me in to register (Thank txpopgun)
Originally Posted By FW_wife:
In talking with the social worker today and the child life specialist, I was urged to have the talk with Travis. I have been keeping Travis in the loop, gradually introducing more information - telling him in the beginning "Dad is very sick and gets special medicine in the hospital", then "Dad has cancer and he has really good doctors who give him medicine to help him get better" and the other night "Sometimes people who have cancer die". Travis changed the subject with that last one.

I mustered up the courage this evening and gathered the kids, luring them with Oreo shakes. Of course my imagined scenario was thwarted by a phone call and greedy consumption of shakes. Nevertheless, we all sat together and I began, "Travis, you know how Dad has been getting special medicine? Well, the medicine isn't working. Dad is still very sick and there is no more medicine for him. Remember how I told you that sometimes people with cancer die? Well, Dad is going to die. We are all going to die some day, but Dad will die soon." Travis fidgeted during this monologue and smiled and gestured at his sisters as if he was ignoring me. I held his hand and told him I was sad that Dad was going to die. He immediately gave me a hug and a kiss and I gushed that his hug made me feel so much better. He began to cry. I told him it's okay to be sad, it's okay to cry, it's also okay to be happy and laugh when you remember the silly things Dad did. I told him his body may be gone, but Dad is always in your heart. In all our hearts. We're all going to miss him but we are still a family and we have lots of people who love us and will help us. I told him if he is sad, he can talk to me, his sisters, his Grandma, teacher, anyone he chooses. He can say "Mom, I'm sad", "Mom, I miss Dad."

We hugged and have moved on to a Disney movie. I was so concerned, judging by his reaction to our previous conversation, that he would be closed off to continuing the topic. And we NEEDED to talk. Not knowing when that final day will come, I didn't want to surprise him with that news. I'm very relieved and so proud of him. We WILL get through this.
View Quote
12/7/2013 1:42:33 PM EDT
[#31]
Quote History
Originally Posted By Lieh-tzu:


I'm sorry I have nothing to offer but prayers and best wishes. It's such a hollow offering in such a trying time, but just know that you have the support of so many, including myself. I wish God's peace and blessings on you and your family.
View Quote


It is everything.....
"A Republic, if you can keep it!"-Benjamin Franklin, 1787
"Well, I guess we know where this is all headed now!"- USJET, 2012
12/7/2013 1:51:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Lug1][Edited] [#32]


 



praying for your comfort and peace
The righteous man walks in his integrity; His children are blessed after him.
12/7/2013 2:38:10 PM EDT
[#33]
God bless you... If there is anything I can do.  God is always there with us
12/7/2013 2:39:56 PM EDT
[#34]
Also remember the book of Psalms
12/7/2013 2:52:02 PM EDT
[#35]
1  The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.

2  He maketh me to lie down in green pastures:
       
he leadeth me beside the still waters. Rev. 7.17  

3  He restoreth my soul:
   
he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.

4  Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
       
I will fear no evil: for thou art with me;

thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

5  Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies:
       
thou anointest my head with oil;

my cup runneth over.

6  Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life:
       
and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.


12/7/2013 3:09:07 PM EDT
[#36]
Afternoon prayers my friends.  Carry on.  
12/7/2013 3:29:19 PM EDT
[#37]
I am now baptized because of Jeff. The pastor asked me when the spirit of the Lord moved me. I told him it wasn't the Lord's spirit. It was the spirit of Jeff Reed and his uncompromising faith that brought me to God. And God welcomed me, even though I've run from him in the past. Jeff, thank you for what you've done for me, my family, and my soul. I was not able to meet you in this life, but I will seek you out in the next. My prayers belong to you and your family.



Those who deny freedom to others deserve it not for themselves.

Bet you can't watch this all the way to the end without experiencing a good bit of dust around you: http://youtu.be/2nmP-PM6tQs
12/7/2013 3:40:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: kabob][Edited] [#38]
Quote History
Originally Posted By Lieh-tzu:
I've been a lurker on ARFCOM for a year. Been keeping up with this thread from the beginning, placed a pin on my area of operations in central Wisconsin. I finally registered at the forum solely due to this post. For the sake of this one reply, I'll always be a 13'er. This is the toughest thing to read, and words are insufficient to reply in any way.

For Jeff & Reta, and family. One never dies, who lives in the hearts of others. Jeff will live on, 'til his children take their last breath

While I cannot speak to Jeff, see him, or shake his hand, Jeff, I care for you and feel for you. My spirit is with you, though I can't come to you or do much for you.

Reta, you are a strong mother and a blessing to your family. If you are ever in the neighborhood, I'd be glad to meet you.

I'm sorry I have nothing to offer but prayers and best wishes. It's such a hollow offering in such a trying time, but just know that you have the support of so many, including myself. I wish God's peace and blessings on you and your family.
View Quote



Excellent 1st post 13er
12/7/2013 4:00:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: txpopgun][Edited] [#39]
Quote History
Originally Posted By Lieh-tzu:
I've been a lurker on ARFCOM for a year. Been keeping up with this thread from the beginning, placed a pin on my area of operations in central Wisconsin. I finally registered at the forum solely due to this post. For the sake of this one reply, I'll always be a 13'er. This is the toughest thing to read, and words are insufficient to reply in any way.

For Jeff & Reta, and family. One never dies, who lives in the hearts of others. Jeff will live on, 'til his children take their last breath

While I cannot speak to Jeff, see him, or shake his hand, Jeff, I care for you and feel for you. My spirit is with you, though I can't come to you or do much for you.

Reta, you are a strong mother and a blessing to your family. If you are ever in the neighborhood, I'd be glad to meet you.

I'm sorry I have nothing to offer but prayers and best wishes. It's such a hollow offering in such a trying time, but just know that you have the support of so many, including myself. I wish God's peace and blessings on you and your family.
View Quote

Lieh-tzu    LOG OUT AND LOG BACK IN, WELCOME 13er
Augustus McCrae; " By God, Woodrow; it's been one hell of a party "
12/7/2013 4:14:14 PM EDT
[#40]
Prayers and thoughts sent.

Keep up the fight brother.

Wes
12/7/2013 4:26:02 PM EDT
[#41]
Award: 24/365 Most Portable
Award: 24/365 Most Likely to Outshoot Her Spouse
Award: 24/365 Most Likely to Eat Your Heart


Don't be that asshole-life motto
12/7/2013 4:29:21 PM EDT
[#42]
Quote History
Originally Posted By JunkyardLily:
Thank you very much to AR15 for all of the updates that have been posted on Jeff's condition.  I'm coming over from GLP, another forum Jeffry frequented.  He wrote his story here, beginning in April of this year: http://www.godlikeproductions.com/forum1/message2206863/pg1

We've been following along with him with his treatments, and the thread is still going strong.  Many of us rely on AR15 now for news, since Jeffry has taken a turn for the worse.  I am sorry if this breaks forum rules at all in posting the link, we just thought those of you who have been close to Jeff and following his condition may want to read. <3

Much love to Jeffry, Reta, family, and all of his friends, here.
<3
View Quote


Thank you for the link, Lily.  We're glad you're here.  
Wow, it's amazing that Jeff and his struggles have inspired an outpouring of love and compassion from not just one, but two communities on the Internet!  
Actually...I'm not surprised.  Jeff and Reta are inspiring in their strength and devotion.  God is indeed working in his mysterious ways.  
On the surface things may look bleak, but just look at the overflowing abundance of blessings we are each being touched with by this experience.  Everyone in his or her own deeply personal way.  
In the end, we all will shed our mortal coil, over that we have no control.  But we can choose how we live in the meantime.  Jeff and Reta, you are leading by example.  Thank you.  
- Strength and Prayers.  
The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' - Ronald Reagan
12/7/2013 4:56:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: usjet][Edited] [#43]
Well, I've transitioned from tissues to paper towels this afternoon.
Going to log out now.
Never understood until now that prayer can be a continuous thing, a background soundtrack to everything we do,.
Thanks for that Jeff.
Thanks for that and so much more.

Happy trails to you, until we meet again.

Godspeed.

John
"A Republic, if you can keep it!"-Benjamin Franklin, 1787
"Well, I guess we know where this is all headed now!"- USJET, 2012
12/7/2013 5:19:26 PM EDT
[#44]
Continued prayers for the Reed family.  God bless y'all. God has used you in miraculous ways!
12/7/2013 6:14:33 PM EDT
[#45]
The music of the Celts, and other cultures of Europe captured, both sad and sweet so well in their music.   I suppose it's because even their gods knew they'd one day die.  Unlike the Semitic peoples they embraced the natural cycle of things. They accepted that all of nature is tragic, not tragic in the sad, or negative sense, but tragic in the sense that all things have a beginning, middle, and end.  



In any case the music is relaxing.  Enya is a guilty pleasure of mine.  










 
The United States Constitution
(c) 1791.
All Rights Reserved.
12/7/2013 6:20:37 PM EDT
[#46]
Jeff and Reta,

I have been at such a loss I have found myself unable to post.  As I read Reta's earlier conversation with your son I broke down sobbing in my office the other day for a good ten minutes.  You both have touched this forum on a personal level and have reminded us all how precious our mundane days really are.  I pray that you all find time, peace and comfort through these days.


...did you just post a picture of a dude festooned with vestigial dicks? - John_Wayne777
12/7/2013 6:43:59 PM EDT
[#47]
Hope you're resting comfortably, Jeff.
Beer is liquid bread....so a slice of ham and two cold ones is technically a sammich.
12/7/2013 7:12:00 PM EDT
[#48]
My mother wanted this song played at her funeral.  While she was in hospice it seemed to relax her when the morphine would not.

Later when arranging the mass the priest did not want modern music at the funeral mass as it is a sacred event but said he would listen to the song.

He surprised me at the mass by playing it.

I hope you are comfortable Jeff, if not, maybe this can help a bit.

Team Opie 288
12/7/2013 7:35:53 PM EDT
[#49]
Quote History
Originally Posted By bigbad401:
clouds

Sing Zach Sobiech's 'Clouds' at MOA .
View Quote



Here ya go guys.  Zachs song.  Pretty cool.

12/7/2013 8:21:06 PM EDT
[#50]
Prayers today from No. Conway, NH




"Women are amazing creatures-sweet, soft, gentle & far more savage than we are" Robert A. Heinlein

"Why black rifles? Because FUCK YOU! That's why."

Sign up to continue the discussion

Create a free account to share your thoughts, follow topics, and connect with the AR15.COM community.

Already a member? Sign In

Previous Page
/ 208
Next Page

REST IN PEACE (Page 167 of 208)