REST IN PEACE (Page 165 of 208)
|
Father God in Heaven, forgive me of my sins. Thank you dear Lord for this day and the blessings that I have received. Lord I humbly pray that your loving grace and blessings be upon Jeff, his family and all his friends in these dark hours. For it is more than my mortal being can conquer; I turn over my confusion, sadness, anger and regrets to our Savior Jesus Christ. May Jeff walk beside Christ and if necessary, may Jesus in his mercy carry him to the Kingdom of our Creator.
I pray that we may all find peace and comfort knowing that the Lords will shall be done. Godspeed Jeff! Amen |
"I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet retired spot and kill him." Mark Twain
|
Originally Posted By TheAngryPilgrim:
So many tears shed for a man I never met. Every page of this thread has been amazing, the outpouring of love and support has been miraculous, in the truest sense of the word. I think we all wonder what our purpose in this life is, or if we even have a purpose. Jeff, be comforted knowing that you have fulfilled at least one of the reasons you were put here on earth. You have inspired many, myself included, to look in the mirror and figure out how we can be better people. Countless good deeds, which will never be known, have been and will continue to be carried out in your name. This is a legacy that you can be damn proud of and from which we can all draw inspiration. Cancer hasn't beaten you Jeff, it just happened to be the catalyst needed for you to engage in one of your life's finest moments. This journey that you have taken us on transcends any other act of kindness and sharing that I have ever witnessed. It continues to be something very special in so many different ways. How you have chosen to share your story and emotions with all of us, how it has bonded so many people together for a singular purpose is a miracle all in itself. God Bless you, brother. Hard to type through tears so I'll quote this... TAP nailed it. We're going to miss you Jeff, but your legacy is one for the ages. In Christ, Steve |
<font size=2>LaRuemiNaughty
Proud member of Team Ranstad..."The Fantastic Bastards"
Society of the Crown®
Tennessee Squire</font id=s2>
Proud member of Team Ranstad..."The Fantastic Bastards"
Society of the Crown®
Tennessee Squire</font id=s2>
|
I got two boys and I'll hug em extra hard tonight.
Prayers out. I won't stop... Originally Posted By FW_wife:
In talking with the social worker today and the child life specialist, I was urged to have the talk with Travis. I have been keeping Travis in the loop, gradually introducing more information - telling him in the beginning "Dad is very sick and gets special medicine in the hospital", then "Dad has cancer and he has really good doctors who give him medicine to help him get better" and the other night "Sometimes people who have cancer die". Travis changed the subject with that last one. I mustered up the courage this evening and gathered the kids, luring them with Oreo shakes. Of course my imagined scenario was thwarted by a phone call and greedy consumption of shakes. Nevertheless, we all sat together and I began, "Travis, you know how Dad has been getting special medicine? Well, the medicine isn't working. Dad is still very sick and there is no more medicine for him. Remember how I told you that sometimes people with cancer die? Well, Dad is going to die. We are all going to die some day, but Dad will die soon." Travis fidgeted during this monologue and smiled and gestured at his sisters as if he was ignoring me. I held his hand and told him I was sad that Dad was going to die. He immediately gave me a hug and a kiss and I gushed that his hug made me feel so much better. He began to cry. I told him it's okay to be sad, it's okay to cry, it's also okay to be happy and laugh when you remember the silly things Dad did. I told him his body may be gone, but Dad is always in your heart. In all our hearts. We're all going to miss him but we are still a family and we have lots of people who love us and will help us. I told him if he is sad, he can talk to me, his sisters, his Grandma, teacher, anyone he chooses. He can say "Mom, I'm sad", "Mom, I miss Dad." We hugged and have moved on to a Disney movie. I was so concerned, judging by his reaction to our previous conversation, that he would be closed off to continuing the topic. And we NEEDED to talk. Not knowing when that final day will come, I didn't want to surprise him with that news. I'm very relieved and so proud of him. We WILL get through this. |
There is but one truth in the world and it is all yours. If you are not sure of it stay at home; but if you are sure don't look back and it will be your way.
|
Originally Posted By oregonroofer: Jeff, No one that has followed your journey will ever be the same. Thank you Reta for keeping us informed and making us witness to Jeff's uncompromising strength and faith. Please go be with your family and give them the same strength that you give us. We will be here with prayers for all of the Reeds. God Bless. |
|
Originally Posted By ah64pilot:
Hard to type through tears so I'll quote this... TAP nailed it. We're going to miss you Jeff, but your legacy is one for the ages. In Christ, Steve Originally Posted By ah64pilot:
Originally Posted By TheAngryPilgrim:
So many tears shed for a man I never met. Every page of this thread has been amazing, the outpouring of love and support has been miraculous, in the truest sense of the word. I think we all wonder what our purpose in this life is, or if we even have a purpose. Jeff, be comforted knowing that you have fulfilled at least one of the reasons you were put here on earth. You have inspired many, myself included, to look in the mirror and figure out how we can be better people. Countless good deeds, which will never be known, have been and will continue to be carried out in your name. This is a legacy that you can be damn proud of and from which we can all draw inspiration. Cancer hasn't beaten you Jeff, it just happened to be the catalyst needed for you to engage in one of your life's finest moments. This journey that you have taken us on transcends any other act of kindness and sharing that I have ever witnessed. It continues to be something very special in so many different ways. How you have chosen to share your story and emotions with all of us, how it has bonded so many people together for a singular purpose is a miracle all in itself. God Bless you, brother. Hard to type through tears so I'll quote this... TAP nailed it. We're going to miss you Jeff, but your legacy is one for the ages. In Christ, Steve In Christ alone, my hope is found, He is my strength. Prayers up. |
GOOD QUESTION!!!
|
Originally Posted By dmnoid77:
When this thread started I never expected I would find myself as emotionally invested as I have. Whether or not I am a better person for having been involved here is ultimately up to me, but count me among those whom your husband has had a profound impact. His example has forced me to take some hard looks at the way I lead my life and I thank him, and you, for sharing that example with us. He is a remarkable man. This story isn't done yet and I suspect more good will be done before it's over. Keep up the fight. I don't think I could have put it in better words. I'm so very sorry Reta. God speed Jeff, tell Jesus I said hello. I won't get to meet you in this life brother, but I damn sure will in the next. |
Just put it on the cracker and don't look at me when I eat it. - RabidMonkeyPox
I will not die in the night, but in the light of the sun with the ashes of this world in my lungs. H.U.
NRA SAF NYSRPA
I will not die in the night, but in the light of the sun with the ashes of this world in my lungs. H.U.
NRA SAF NYSRPA
"A Republic, if you can keep it!"-Benjamin Franklin, 1787
"Well, I guess we know where this is all headed now!"- USJET, 2012
"Well, I guess we know where this is all headed now!"- USJET, 2012
|
Jeff, you have run the race and fought the good fight. Although it is a sad time for the family, for Jeff it will be a glorious time. It's OK my brother to let go now. There are greater treasures waiting for you. Thanks for being such a positive influence on not just me but to countless others. Praying for peace for the entire family as well. |
|
Reta,
I am so very sorry for the news. My heart breaks and I don't know what I can offer your family besides my continued prayers and my thanks - to Jeff, for sharing his story here, and for making an indelible impact on me. This has completely shifted my perspective, and I am certain that I am not alone in coming to a new understanding with the world around us. God bless you all. |
|
Godspeed to Jeff, Reta and family. Let the suffering end swiftly so Jeff may enter a happy place. |
We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.
The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools.
The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools.
|
Jeff, I'm not much of a wordsmith and generally lack deep emotion. I want you to know that I've hung on every word of this 165+/- page thread. It's the first thing I think of when I wake up, and the last thing I read before going to bed. When an extended period passes without reading, I feel as though I've let a family member down.
My wife is three months pregnant and we're not finding out the gender of our second child, as we did with our first. This forces us to choose a male and female name. My first born's name is John Robert - he's 17 months and truly amazing. If we have a girl this time, her name will be Sophie Marie (our recycled girl name from the first go around). I now have a top running male name - Jeffrey Steven and he will be called Jeff. I told my wife about this name and she acknowledged that we both know many awesome Jeffs. Her top pick is Oliver, so there are some discussions to be had. From NH, we are crying hard and praying harder. God bless you, Jeff. |
|
My heart broke when I got back on the grid after a break and saw this. Jeff I know we are probably not going to meet in this lifetime now, as I had hoped, but we surely WILL in the next. I don't know what that will be like, exactly, but I know you won't be anything other than blissfully basking in the majesty of the Lord. And that IS winning. You won, Jeff. You won.
Go and be told, "Well done my good and faithful servant." Godspeed. Reta, we are here. Ask and if possible, we will help. Excuse any errors/mistypes. Can't see screen very well. |
|
I hope that knowing how much you have touched some members' lives brings your family a little bit of comfort. Thank you for sharing your experience. I suppose you initially did it to try to ease some of the emotional burden you carry, but in doing so, you have reminded me how important family and friends are right now, today.... not next week, not next year. We are all just passing through for a short while. |
Fuck Obama. *
*Just covering myself, in case I forgot to post it in my reply
*Just covering myself, in case I forgot to post it in my reply
|
Originally Posted By IMHerDad:
Jeff, you have run the race and fought the good fight. Although it is a sad time for the family, for Jeff it will be a glorious time. It's OK my brother to let go now. There are greater treasures waiting for you. Thanks for being such a positive influence on not just me but to countless others. Praying for peace for the entire family as well. You have fought the fight and in doing so have helped many others. "It's OK my brother to let go now". |
"What an arrogant megalomaniac. I can't believe anyone would support or elect this butt puppet."
Givtu
Givtu
|
lord jesus ive never met this man. thank you for giving him the strength to share his story. lord please let him know that in doing so, he has caused me to reevaluate my life and what really matters.
lord please draw near to jeff during this time. i know you have a plan in this, whether you heal him or not. please comfort his fears. please calm his thoughts. lord i ask you to give him a peace like only you can. lord jesus be with his wife, children and family during this difficult time. i ask for understanding for them. lord show yourself to them. draw near to them. i pray for people to come forward and comfort, care for, and provide for this family. god i read these pages of responses by others, like myself, whose hearts are breaking for this family. lord i dont understand , but trust that you are faithful. thank you for this man lord. i know each of us has read this post for a reason. lord jesus i trust you have a purpose for that too. your will be done lord. in jesus name i pray, amen |
|
Originally Posted By aiba7x: lord jesus ive never met this man. thank you for giving him the strength to share his story. lord please let him know that in doing so, he has caused me to reevaluate my life and what really matters. lord please draw near to jeff during this time. i know you have a plan in this, whether you heal him or not. please comfort his fears. please calm his thoughts. lord i ask you to give him a peace like only you can. lord jesus be with his wife, children and family during this difficult time. i ask for understanding for them. lord show yourself to them. draw near to them. i pray for people to come forward and comfort, care for, and provide for this family. god i read these pages of responses by others, like myself, whose hearts are breaking for this family. lord i dont understand , but trust that you are faithful. thank you for this man lord. i know each of us has read this post for a reason. lord jesus i trust you have a purpose for that too. your will be done lord. in jesus name i pray, amen Amen. |
|
Originally Posted By I-M-A-WMD: Father God in Heaven, forgive me of my sins. Thank you dear Lord for this day and the blessings that I have received. Lord I humbly pray that your loving grace and blessings be upon Jeff, his family and all his friends in these dark hours. For it is more than my mortal being can conquer; I turn over my confusion, sadness, anger and regrets to our Savior Jesus Christ. May Jeff walk beside Christ and if necessary, may Jesus in his mercy carry him to the Kingdom of our Creator. I pray that we may all find peace and comfort knowing that the Lords will shall be done. Godspeed Jeff! Amen |
"Elephant copulation lasts only 20 seconds. This should make a lot of men feel better. " A.J. Jacobs
|
Originally Posted By Naamah:
I pray, now that it has come to this, that as your time with us comes to a close, it is peaceful. Know that your family is taken care of. That your son will remember. That your story will be spoken, your name not forgotten. You have touched so many lives. Your work is done. Be at peace. This, as the native Americans would say.............. Jeff's Songs will be sung by many around the fire..... |
|
I have been monitoring this thread since the beginning, but I haven't replied at all. The last few pages have brought me to tears.
I'm so very sorry to hear about Jeff. May God bless him and he has my prayers. I am not a religious person but I will say a prayer for Jeff. |
|
Originally Posted By I-M-A-WMD: Father God in Heaven, forgive me of my sins. Thank you dear Lord for this day and the blessings that I have received. Lord I humbly pray that your loving grace and blessings be upon Jeff, his family and all his friends in these dark hours. For it is more than my mortal being can conquer; I turn over my confusion, sadness, anger and regrets to our Savior Jesus Christ. May Jeff walk beside Christ and if necessary, may Jesus in his mercy carry him to the Kingdom of our Creator. I pray that we may all find peace and comfort knowing that the Lords will shall be done. Godspeed Jeff! Amen Amen.
|
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free
State, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be
infringed.
State, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be
infringed.
|
I haven't posted much in here since the first few days, but I've been following along.
Very sad to see the most recent update. My prayers and deepest sympathies to Jeff, Reta, and the rest of the family. |
Proud member of Team Ranstad
Tennessee Squire
RIP Dad. 8SEP12
Award: 24/365 Minuteman
Spotlight
Tennessee Squire
RIP Dad. 8SEP12
Award: 24/365 Minuteman
Spotlight
|
Jeff, you've touched many hearts by sharing your story with ARFCOM. You've given us all something to hope for, something to make us reflect on our lives and families, and given us inspiration to become better human beings. If your life can affect this many strangers on a forum on the internet, I can't imagine how you've affected those around you. My thoughts are with them, as well as you. Your time to be strong is nearing its end, but theirs is just beginning.
Stay comfortable Jeff, as you close this chapter of your life. Go with peace and dignity. Rita and family, stay strong, but know that it's okay to show weakness too. It'll be rough at times, but lean on those around you. You're not alone in this. Your husband/father is a shining example of what it means to be a real man. For those of us here, he'll always be a legend, and a hero. Good luck in the days ahead. I sincerely wish the best for you all. |
|
Jeff, You've brought this big family together like never before. You've done well my brother. The lord will welcome you with open arms. I hope to see you on the other side. Godspeed.
Reta, You're a very strong lady and obviously a wonderful person. Thank you for taking time to give us these updates throughout this storm you've weathered. May God give you peace and comfort. |
|
Hang in there, Reta.
I went through this with my uncle last year and my mother a few months ago. Remember to take a few breaths for yourself and that you can't be there 100% of the time. You're with good folks. Jeff knows you love him. It's hard to remember as we go through our busy lives focusing on all the things that seem important at the time that our entire lives here on earth are only a single ripple on the ocean of eternity. It's hard to let those you love most go but, as we have to sometimes but, the pain is ours and the missing them is ours. Jeff will be free soon.... reunited with family and passed relatives... some of whom I bet he didn't know he had... reunited with past pets and old friends. He will be free of this place we struggle in. That won't help much but, I still think that way when I think of mom and how she held my face... it was the last time she was able to lift her arm. I miss her. This story has touched me as so many others. I wish I could do something directly that would help heal the wounds. Hang in there and find peace in those close to you and your faith. May God truly give you peace in this time of trouble. |
|
I believe that this thread is a great example of a "Sermon well lived".
Thanks to all for the Inspiration. |
The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools, such as those who made him their president."
|
I am sitting here with Jeff. Reading these posts to him. He is resting and comfortable, no struggle. . Still a strong heart, not ready for his angel wings yet. Great caring staff at Community Hospice in Fort Worth. I have known Jeff 22 years and he never met a stranger. Helped anyone. Good heart. Has a crazy gun side too |


