Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/9/2022 11:05:48 AM EDT
"We all know that when the post office is forced to cut hours of operation or delivery routes or lay off workers, the rest of us are worse off," Schumer said. "Thankfully, for the past few months, Democrats and Republicans have been working together in good faith to reform some of the most troubled parts of the Postal Service."

https://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2022/03/08/Senate-approves-107-billion-bill-overhaul-USPS/2071646786714/

Link Posted: 3/9/2022 11:06:55 AM EDT
[#1]
The post office is so full of useless middle manager types it is not even funny.
Link Posted: 3/9/2022 11:07:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Should have gone to 3-day/week home delivery a decade ago.
Link Posted: 3/9/2022 11:08:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Monday I saw a postal worker taking a piss outside his truck outside my work

Not in some rural area

In the middle of the city

I guess I shouldnt really be shocked but damn
Link Posted: 3/9/2022 11:08:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The post office is so full of useless middle manager types it is not even funny.
View Quote

Agreed, there are so many made up jobs at USPS. Then all they want to do is bitch at us and make up new rules to make our job harder.
Link Posted: 3/9/2022 11:12:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Lazy fuckers at USPS leave my mailbox door open after they leave the mail inside the box.
Link Posted: 3/9/2022 11:14:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Nephew is an engineer at the post-office.  Takes care of HVAC, boilers and even fixes their sorting machines.  Post Office gave a latina who was a janitor a manager job and all she did was harass the engineers to flex her muscles.  Everyone transferred out (another facility or shift) and now there's no engineer on dayshift.  Stuff that breaks waits for the night shift to come along to fix it.
Link Posted: 3/9/2022 11:20:58 AM EDT
[#7]
USPS doesn’t deserve to have the word “Service” anywhere in their name.

Period.

Link Posted: 3/9/2022 11:23:05 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

I have a friend who started with the post office a few months ago. I spoke to him this past weekend and he told me that he has only had 2 days off in the past month. They're that busy.
Link Posted: 3/9/2022 11:23:46 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Impossible, carriers would be out 12+ hours every day.
Link Posted: 3/9/2022 11:26:43 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Agree.
Link Posted: 3/9/2022 11:34:31 AM EDT
[#11]
The postal service has a strong union. Everything is controlled through it.  Sucks really bad.
Link Posted: 3/9/2022 11:45:56 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Lazy fuckers at USPS leave my mailbox door open after they leave the mail inside the box.
View Quote

Must be in a new training video. Mine has started doing the same thing.
Link Posted: 3/9/2022 11:49:06 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I have a friend who started with the post office a few months ago. I spoke to him this past weekend and he told me that he has only had 2 days off in the past month. They're that busy.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Subsidizing Jeff Bezos's personal delivery fleet so he can get even richer is a full-time job.
Link Posted: 3/9/2022 11:49:56 AM EDT
[#14]
USPS around here delivers packages, mostly Amazon on Sundays.  Completely ineffiecent, they deliver one package and return to the post office, pick up another package, drive out 3 miles drop it off.   But they don't care, they are working double or triple time on Sundays.

No wonder they run in the red billions every quarter.
Link Posted: 3/9/2022 11:52:10 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
USPS around here delivers packages, mostly Amazon on Sundays.  Completely ineffiecent, they deliver one package and return to the post office, pick up another package, drive out 3 miles drop it off.   But they don't care, they are working double or triple time on Sundays.

View Quote

Bullshit they have non career employees making straight time.
Link Posted: 3/9/2022 11:52:24 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Impossible, carriers would be out 12+ hours every day.
View Quote

The carriers likely already are doing 12 hour days, at least 6 days in a row per week, and then Amazon Sundays too. They certainly were back in Nov/Dec/Jan.
Link Posted: 3/9/2022 11:54:06 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

The carriers likely already are doing 12 hour days, at least 6 days in a row per week, and then Amazon Sundays too. They certainly were back in Nov/Dec/Jan.
View Quote

And cutting the amount of stops they have to make per day in half is going to somehow increase their workload?  
Link Posted: 3/9/2022 11:54:28 AM EDT
[#18]
End the USPS.

Right after the IRS, ATF, Dept of Ed, and.....ehhh, end it all.

Link Posted: 3/9/2022 11:54:51 AM EDT
[#19]
And yet they'll pass a bill today giving themselves a 21% pay increase while other government employees, like the military, get a 2.7% pay increase.
Link Posted: 3/9/2022 11:54:58 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

Not me, about 80% of the time 8 hrs per day.
Link Posted: 3/9/2022 11:55:28 AM EDT
[#21]
USPS hires GED flunkees and gives them a job wheres its next to impossible to be fired from.

I wonder why its pure shit?
Link Posted: 3/9/2022 11:57:02 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote
"Go ahead, try and fire me. You'll see."
Link Posted: 3/9/2022 11:57:55 AM EDT
[#23]
The one near me is the worst POS I've ever dealt with. Seriously, fuck those people with a rusty screwdriver.
Link Posted: 3/9/2022 11:58:44 AM EDT
[#24]
USPS is a model of efficiency in my area.

I frequently get (or don't get) Subscription magazines, I see them on the newstand weeks before I get mine, IF I get them.

At least Weekly, I get chewed out from customers because the payment for their internet bill has not been processed and their service gets limited or shut off.  They always tell me, I sent that check 3 weeks ago. I politely tell them, I can't credit it to their account till it shows up in our mailbox.  They don't want to hear that and act like I'm an asshole.
A week to 6 weeks later, their payments show up, post marked way back when they said they sent them.  Where that envelope has been or sat all this time I have no idea.

Also, several times a month I get either 1/2, 1/3 or 1/4 of an envelope that may have part of a check in it, inside a clear plastic baggie that says, "USPS, We Care." on it.

Fuck the USPS....  There is Zero accountability and anytime I talk to anyone at the local PO, they have sleep in their eyes and could not give less of a shit about my mail issues.  They just head nod and not much of a comment. Other than, maybe yea, we'll pass it up the chain.

I'll always pay extra to send something UPS or Fedex.  They aren't perfect either, but for me they have about a 99% positive track record. I've only had like one issue with them in the 6 years I've lived in this rural area.
Link Posted: 3/9/2022 11:59:51 AM EDT
[#25]
Kramer had it right about USPS.

Link Posted: 3/9/2022 12:03:34 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 3/9/2022 12:03:42 PM EDT
[#27]
All junk mail should be charged first class mail. That should lighten the load.
Link Posted: 3/9/2022 12:06:26 PM EDT
[#28]
Probably too much to ask to stop subsidies on postage from China.
Link Posted: 3/9/2022 12:06:59 PM EDT
[#29]
I must be lucky, most of my packages arrive before the expected date when shipped via USPS.

FedEx is the absolute worst.
Link Posted: 3/9/2022 12:11:19 PM EDT
[#30]
Lol I’m lucky if I get my bills on time. And luckier if they get where they belong in time.

I need to switch everything to online billing
Link Posted: 3/9/2022 12:14:45 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Monday I saw a postal worker taking a piss outside his truck outside my work

Not in some rural area

In the middle of the city

I guess I shouldnt really be shocked but damn
View Quote

Would you let him use the bathroom at your job?
Link Posted: 3/9/2022 12:50:29 PM EDT
[#32]
Shit

I get to go to town to pick up packages cause Newman can't carry them in his car

I don't get PAID by the Postal Service It's not MY JOB to do last mile delivery

But that's life

Link Posted: 3/9/2022 3:07:11 PM EDT
[#33]
Been shitty for a long time in the inner city. Glad it's finally catching up to the rest of the world.
Link Posted: 3/9/2022 3:10:43 PM EDT
[#34]
They should have banking services and loan services at each post office.
Link Posted: 3/9/2022 3:10:50 PM EDT
[#35]
Too top heavy and too many reports.
Link Posted: 3/9/2022 3:26:03 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
They should have banking services and loan services at each post office.

A few years ago they (USPS) was actually looking at the idea.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/9/2022 3:52:12 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 3/9/2022 3:53:28 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Would you let him use the bathroom at your job?
View Quote

Vs him pissing on our lot?

Yes
Link Posted: 3/9/2022 5:26:20 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Shit

I get to go to town to pick up packages cause Newman can't carry them in his car

But that's life

View Quote

Just an FYI.  The rural carriers are not union.  They are not supported by the union in any way either.  They get lower pay and have to buy and their own vehicle and have it modified to right hand drive if it isn't already out of their own pocket.  A friend of mine was a rural carrier in SE Texas for several years.
Link Posted: 3/9/2022 11:10:24 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Just an FYI.  The rural carriers are not union.  They are not supported by the union in any way either.  They get lower pay and have to buy and their own vehicle and have it modified to right hand drive if it isn't already out of their own pocket.  A friend of mine was a rural carrier in SE Texas for several years.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Shit

But that's life

The National Rural Letters Carriers Association is the union for the rural carriers and it's weak as shit. Some rural carriers have to provide a vehicle, some use a government provided vehicle. If they use their own vehicle they don't have to modify it (I didn't modify mine) if they don't want to but most do. Depends on the vehicle. If they use their own vehicle they are paid an EMA (equipment maintenance allowance) which right now is barely covering the cost of fuel. Rural carriers pay scales are all over the place, it depends on how long they've been at the job.
Link Posted: 3/10/2022 2:15:03 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
The postal service has a strong union. Everything is controlled through it.  Sucks really bad.
View Quote

Wrong, they have four unions.

1. National Association of Letter Carriers.
2. American Postal Workers Union
3. National Association of Rural Letter Carriers
4. Mail Handler's Union.

All of the Unions have their nose so far  up the Democratic Party's ass it isn't even funny. What is funny is they think the rank and file supports that.

If you criticize the Democratic party the Union bosses treat you like a leper. I haven't worked there in over eight years, from what I hear secondhand it hasn't changed. "Part-time employees" average 60 hours a week.

Full-time employees who want overtime work around 60 as well. People who don't want overtime are working 50+ hours mandatory OT. This has gone on for decades in mid sized to large offices. Tiny offices have actual part-time employment in some locations, sometimes with the option to get more hours by commuting to nearby offices.

The USPS is the only government agency that is required by law to pre-fund their retirees health care in advance. Congress demanded that they set aside money while the employee was still working to cover their portion of the health care plan once that employee retired.

Congress also demanded that the USPS accomplished this feat without raising the cost of postage. Simply put, the USPS was tasked to make this happen without any way to pay for it other than cost cutting measures.

A retired couple pays approximately $600 a month in retirement for healthcare coverage, a single person around $275. With Schumer's bill, those couples will be forced to another $340 per month to get Medicare, a single person will have to pay another $170 a month.

Any federal employee who drops their federal health care plan in retirement can never get it again. Banned for life unless they get hired by the federal government again to a career position and work full time for another five years paying new premiums the entire time.

The 106 billion bill doesn't cost the government a dime, the only thing it accomplishes is removing the USPS obligation of paying future health costs in advance of when those funds are needed. Forcing USPS retirees to take Medicare, even though they already have health insurance, gives a positive cash flow into Medicare and reduces the overhead the government health care plans are responsible for.

The government is shifting federal retirees healthcare costs to Medicare and charging their former employees for the favor. As a retiree I went from $275 per month for excellent health insurance ($6,000 maximum out-of pocket each year) and now I am going to pay $445 per month with Medicare becoming the primary provider.

Democrats and Republicans always spin their "accomplishments" being careful not to discuss the details. The devil is always in the details.

The USPS won't receive a dime through this initiative, the 106 billion dollars of help is simple relief from the USPS pre-funding requirement and the catch-up payments because they weren't able to comply with the Congressional mandate.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top